• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where should the WWE go with Randy Orton post SS?

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart
Allow the hypothetical to come into play here. Let us say that Randy Orton drops the WWE Championship this Sunday night. Truth to be told, that is seeming less like a hypothetical and more like the obvious, but I digress.

Where should WWE creative take him from that point forward. A few possibilities I came up with based on current storylines:

(A). An obvious rematch with Barrett at TLC with the chance of Cena being included in that as well. Of course, this is just so that Barrett could retain and WWE could get rid of that pesky "former champion must have rematch" clause that is so important these days following a champion's defeat. Once that is over though, I haven't a clue what comes next although it would be pretty obvious that Orton would just enter the 2011 Royal Rumble trying to earn a spot main eventing Wrestlemania.

(B). Some are speculating that R-Truth could be the one turning heel this Sunday, effectively costing Orton the championship. Out of this, we could see an Orton-Truth feud. It does bring about some questions though. Is R-Truth ready for a high profile feud? Is Orton ready to drop down from main event status to working in the mid-card on RAW? This could potentially just be a way to elevate Truth, especially if he is a heel.

Those are about the two only options I see happening here. John Cena will not turn heel at Survivor Series and I do believe he will be very busy dealing with being out of Nexus and going after Barrett.

Triple H will soon return and take his place as possibly the top, without question, 2nd to the top face on RAW side-by-side with Cena, which would leave Orton a bit out in the cold in terms of exposure on the show. But some say this is what needs to happen because for the second time in his career, Orton has failed to establish himself in a face run with the WWE Championship.

With superstars like Nexus (Barrett on top of course), Sheamus, Daniel Bryan, The Miz, Triple H, John Cena, and perhaps even a returning Chris Jericho at some point very soon, it looks as though Orton could drop from being someone that only three months ago was considered the inevitable face of the company to being a complete afterthought.

What do you guys think creative should do with him and are we about to see The Viper drastically downgraded on RAW?

HHH is taking his sweet ass time comingback so thats not that big a deal...and the way i see it either him or cena is going to turn (more likely H)

but there is no way Orton is dropping down to a fued with truth...truth just can't handle that kinda fued

and Orton is fine as a face, he is still getting huge pops, this title reign wasn't a fail at all, it wasn't the greatest but it served its purpose

sheamus, miz n bryan are not gonna overtake orton anytime soon, jericho is the only one with a shot, but y2j is fine being a main eventer that hops down to midcard once and awhile so he would do that if anything

john cena will turn heel before orton ever fades into obscuerity

John Cena will turn heel at SS and probably be the speaker of Nexus after that. Hunter will return trying to get Nexus (his fued with Sheamus will be kept for Mania). Probably, Orton should fued with Miz or Sheamus or Morrison. Those guys are strong young main-eventers and I guess a fued with them will not only keep him in the M.E scene but it will keep him from dropping to the mid-card.

What if Miz tried to capitalize on the scenario he mentioned on Monday--take out Orton, win the title, keep Cena and Barrett out of the match and change the title picture and the Cena/Nexus storyline? I don't think for a second that he would succeed, but say hypothetically that he tries to do something early on in the night, it doesn't work, but creates an "injury" that interferes with Orton's match and potentially costs him the title? It would keep Cena's face role safe and make his decision easy if Barrett simply overpowers Orton in the match. The obvious move from there is that Orton feuds with Miz for essentially costing him the match. Orton could still get his rematch and there could be enough heat developed over the next month that Miz either interferes to cost Orton the title out of spite or hints that he will get involved in order to take the title from Orton (which could, at that point, actually happen). I'm not saying it's likely, but certainly something to think about if we're examining every possible hypothetical scenario.

This is a really tough question to answer because I have absolutely no idea as to where this story is going. Its totally unpredictable and thats why its working so well.

I could see something like this happen at Survivor Series. Barrett wins the title by an interference from the Miz because he is too scared of Orton. He thinks that he might not be able to beat Orton even after Orton has participated in a match but has already planned to cash in on his MITB contract. So he attacks Orton with the briefcase while Riley distracts Cena and Barrett pins him to win the title. After that Cena says that he now has no responsibilities towards the Nexus and so he would like to say what he really feels about them. He then proceeds to destroy Barrett with three F-U's.

Now Miz has been watching all this and he picks up the mic to announce that he will be cashing in on his MITB contract. But just as he speaks the Nexus come out and Miz looks shit scared. Just then Orton gets up and realizes that Miz cost him his title and RKO's him and Punt's Riley to finish off the show.

Now the next night on Raw there is a number one contender's match for the title between Cena and Orton which Cena wins by an interference from Miz. Miz will say that it was Orton who prevented him from cashing in on his MITB contract but the truth is that he did not cash in because he was scared of the Nexus. That could start off a rivalry between Miz and Orton.

So the feuds coming out of Survivor Series are

1) Cena vs Barrett

2) Orton vs Miz.

And as for Triple H I do not think he will be higher on the face ladder than Orton. He will feud with Sheamus when he returns. I think Orton's spot as the top or the second biggest face is secure at the moment.

R-Truth... seriously? I don't even know how people can even contemplate that he is going to go into the main event... HE'S VERY DULL. Sure he has energy and all but even then the crowd just seem to go, "...meh."

Back on topic, I think Orton needs a move to SD! On SD! there are many young heels that could work with Orton *<-- if he stays face that is* such as Rhodes, Ziggler, MVP, Del Rio, Swagger to name a few. Now with the cutting weight off SD! (those releases yesterday) it seems even more likely a big star might goto SD! and even out the rosters (in a crowd reaction sense, in a skill sense SD! probably beats RAW.... ¬.¬).

They could even pull this off this SS, have someone like MVP or Rhodes interfere with Orton's match and then have Orton plead to join SD! This would free up the RAW ME scene and possibly allow Dibiase to beat Bryan setting up a fued between Bryan and Dibiase or push Bryan to ME, or even have Miz join the ME scene? Theres also a returning Punk due so this could make it EVEN MORE possible.

Then after he joins SD! make his first fued just to push someone to ME level like MVP or Rhodes, so no titles or anything, just a solid fued. Thoughts?

In all likeliness it will eventually result in a cen/orton feud, don't think just because they've done it a million times before it won't happene again.

I agree with the above post, problem is there isn't any big faces to feud with. Sure they're up and comers but that's it. There's no one who should be transitioning into ME. (Except for Kofi, but I'll Save that rant). But there is one major heel he has NEVER feuded with: Kane. This could be a huge draw as they're both this badass "I really don't give a shit" type character. Throw Edge into the mix and you could the the rating skyrocket.

How about this:
Barrett wins because Cena allows him to, saving his job.
After the match Cena lays out Barrett, as he's promised to do
The Miz comes running down and cashes in the MITB
And then Orton either stops the Miz from winning
Or Miz pulls it off and then Orton hits the RKO.

Boom: Orton has a feud with Miz and Miz is fully into the ME scene, which we know the WWE wants. And Cena and Barrett can have the matches they've been building for.

If The Miz cashes in his MITB against Orton, then that's obviously where the feud will go. If Orton loses the belt to Barrett, then yeah, they'll do the rematch, and then I don't think WWE has any problem with letting Orton wrestle around in the mid card for a couple of months. Look at Sheamus...
Nothing to do with Orton, but I hope that Miz cashes in MITB against a newly christened Barrett and then steals the belt that way

Don't get too complicated with this, remember this is the E.

Miz interferes and attacks Orton (NOT cashing in his case)

Cena can remain unbias and give Barrett the win. Keeping the lil kiddies happy and getting out of Nexus. This is how the E will want it to go down.

Cena can fued with Barrett.
Orton can fued with Miz
Or they can have a 4 way orgy at TLC ppv.

It happens so often where they build up the face special referee to be obviously bias, but claim to call it "right down the middle". Of course he does ref fairly because he is a good guy. They always find a way to make sure the face isn't put in a position where he has to make a unbiased pinfall count.

R-Truth... seriously? I don't even know how people can even contemplate that he is going to go into the main event... HE'S VERY DULL. Sure he has energy and all but even then the crowd just seem to go, "...meh."

Back on topic, I think Orton needs a move to SD! On SD! there are many young heels that could work with Orton *<-- if he stays face that is* such as Rhodes, Ziggler, MVP, Del Rio, Swagger to name a few. Now with the cutting weight off SD! (those releases yesterday) it seems even more likely a big star might goto SD! and even out the rosters (in a crowd reaction sense, in a skill sense SD! probably beats RAW.... ¬.¬).

Then after he joins SD! make his first fued just to push someone to ME level like MVP or Rhodes, so no titles or anything, just a solid fued. Thoughts?

I like the idea of Orton moving to Smackdown to get away from the stuff that's going on on Raw, but I think the timing is a bit off;
For one thing, Edge just came over and still seems like he's settling in.
It wasn't that long ago, and not long enough ago, that he was facing Rhodes and DiBiase, and I think Rhodes needs a bit more time to develop before taking on Orton again. (If the face/heel roles were switched, then maybe it would be good just now)
MVP is a face and seems to be building a feud with Del Rio, although it's hard to tell with Del Rio because he just pisses different people off each week!

If he moves there come draft season, then yeh, I'd like to see him have some solid feuds

I'm wondering why people have stopped talking about what Barrett refers to as "the bigger picture"... I see Miz coming down costing Orton the match, Barrett picks up the win, Cena is "free" then he beats the shit out of Barrett, Nexus runs out and turns on Barrett, leading to Cena being the leader of the Nexus. Cena then proceeds to call out Miz and Riley, Miz cashes in the MITB, to take away the title from Barrett and Miz, Riley, Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, Harris, McGilicutty form the "new Nexus" with Cena at the Helm.
Orton then would feud with Miz for the title, while Barrett feuds with Cena.

Hell I don't know this would be kinda cool though.

after Survivor Series I think Randy should probably feud with R Truth (here me out)....this is how I think the match should go realistically: Orton vs Wade with Cena....RTruth comes and interferes, turning heel....but instead Barrett capitalizes and pins Orton, Cena wont get to turn heel because that wont happen.....Orton is angry with Truth...they simply have a feud shortly before TLC....Cena builds his team of Tarver, Young, Sheffield, Daniel Bryan against the Nexus...Nexus disbands shortly after....Harris & McGillicutty go off as a tag team, as do Slater and Gabriel....Barrett and Cena for Mania 27 for the WWE title..Cena wins...who knows right?

I would like to see Randy feud with both Barret (with Cena) and Miz, I think it could work. At SS Cena attacks Orton for Barret to pick up the win (Cena turns heel), Orton then attacks Cena and then Miz cashes in his briefcase and defeats Barret for the title (another ref comes in to count the pin). Barret says he deserves the rematch because he was champ but Orton says he deserves the rematch because he got cheated. This could be a pretty good feud in my opinion, with or without Cena turning heel and staying with Barret. I think it could happen because it makes sense.

After what happened on Raw last night, I think WWE will be making Orton their top guy for a while. He will definitely be the first to confront Miz. I think a triple threat feud between Miz, Orton, and Barrett could be a fun idea for TLC. That disregards the inclusion of whoever wins King of the Ring. Or if Miz is going to feud with the King of the Ring winner then Orton could feud with Barrett and Nexus in Cena's place. That would be another good idea because Cena basically passed the torch to Orton until he returns, Orton could pick up where Cena left off and that would give Nexus someone to feud with too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back