• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Where Is Drew McIntyre?

He's somewhere not being a good in ring talent or mic worker. I don't know what it is that so many people see in this guy, but he's crap. Once he was moved to Raw he lost everything he had going for him, which wasn't a lot. He was the Chosen one... picked at a gold outing by Vince, was he picked to be a golfer for the WWE or an in ring talent? the Juries still out.

I'm sure his batshit crazy soon to be ex wife didn't help his position in the company any.

I remember reading an article where Drew got legit heat when he tried to stand up for Tiffany. This is why it's bad to get into relationships with coworkers. Drew was The Chosen One. Then he married Tiffany. She gets released. He tries to get her signed back but fails and got heat for it. The work issues lead to them divorcing. Now he is in danger of getting future endeavoured, all for a woman he is no longer with. I feel terrible for Drew. The man deserves to get his push back. He made a mistake by getting involved with Tiffany.... That shouldn't result in him losing his career but unfortunately it might. He is not being pushed due to that incident and his future seems to hold nothing. I wish his push had not ended. He would be where Del Rio now is.

Agreed, it doesn't matter how talented or untalented Drew is he got into something with a co-worker (which is bad in the first place) and then she got released and he obviously stuck up for her but in doing so he got backstage heat for it. I too feel sorry for the guy, it's bad enough that he lost his push due to sticking up for his wife but then him and his wife get divorced. It's not fair on him, I hope that he does work his way back up to where he was when he first came in as I'm a fan of his.

I like Drew, I dont think he has main event potential but he can be a good mid card type. I think this week was the first time we saw him on Raw since he fell off the stage. lol

As soon as he got drafted to Raw he was in trouble. Raw has guys like Swagger, Dolph, Miz, R-Truth etc, you knew he was going to struggle getting tv time.

He needs to be back on Smackdown. Instead of SD wasting time with guys like Khalil, Ezkiel Jacksion and Heath Slater. They could be using Drew instead.

They may slowly work Drew back up, but I'm not too sure. When his contract is over, they'll most likely let him go. Honestly, if he does get released, I hope he goes to TNA. I don't watch TNA, but I would if it had Drew. At least he'd get some TV time, right?

Main problem Drew has is Shamus, sorry fella but you can't have two heavily accented celts working a similar gimmick - people fell head over heals for the ginger god and it's left poor Drew out in the cold.

He's somewhere not being a good in ring talent or mic worker. I don't know what it is that so many people see in this guy, but he's crap. Once he was moved to Raw he lost everything he had going for him, which wasn't a lot. He was the Chosen one... picked at a gold outing by Vince, was he picked to be a golfer for the WWE or an in ring talent? the Juries still out.

I'm sure his batshit crazy soon to be ex wife didn't help his position in the company any.

You're wrong and I'll tell you why. First of all, nearly no-one on the WWE roster is 'crap'. Second, McIntyre has the following things going for him:

1) Ring work and character style are very comparable to Orton i.e. pushable and easy to make use of. Fast, hard-hitting brawler-type - great heel material.

2) Accent is not very strong - could've been an issue in mic work, but isn't.

3) Continuing on from that - mic work: it's really all right. Don't see what people's beef w/McIntyre is.

JWGunslinger, Dagger Dias and Mustang Sally are on the money here. I don't know a lot about Drew backstage as I prefer to avoid that kinda stuff ... but the guy's weaknesses appear to be similar to Morrison's. Triple H once said, 'Do you want buddies or do you want to get ahead?' Now he's probably exaggerating, being as he has loads of friends in the business, but I see what he means. Inside the building, you can still have mates and have banter. But don't put personal relationships ahead of business.

As for 'drawing power' ... why are we even talking about that for someone at Drew McIntyre's level? The only four guys in the company for whom this is a factor, are Cena, Orton, Punk and possibly the Miz.

With regard to Penguin I see where you're coming from Re: Sheamus vs. McIntyre but I don't think it applies any more since one is a face and the other a heel (unless Drew has randomly changed alignment since the last time I saw him)

I'll be honest. For the longest time, I was quite bored with McIntyre and was amazed he was even being used on the shows. While I still don't see alot in him, I do agree that he does have some talent. Problem is, he has no character and his matches are just decent and nothing that stands out.

I did like how WWE teamed up Sheamus & McIntyre and made them an Irish connection kinda tag team. If Sheamus isn't being used and the WWE wants to restart the tag team division, McIntyre could be useful there. They need all the bodies they can get as far as tag teams are concerned. One thing I've always hated about the WWE system of producing stars is that they start someone out strong, give them an initial push, and then lose interest or faith in them and bury them. Either make the guy a star or don't. Half-assing it only proves how scatterbrained the WWE management's position on making new stars is.

Where's Drew? Where he should be, not on my TV. Drew has a decent look and he has a good body, but he's so boring. I don't see the appeal. He just likes like every other vanilla guy that has passed through the WWE, had moderate success and gone right on after his release. He doesn't connect with the crowd and he missed out on a huge opportunity as the "Chosen One." Look, it's nothing personal against Drew, but he's just not good right now. He needs to take some time and develop that character, make himself interesting. He has about as much charisma as a shoe horn. He needs help if he wants to stick around.

If Drew was to take a few steps like that, he could be a solid mid carder, but I still don't see main event written on him. When you look at him, he fits the mold, but he seemingly lacks everything else.

He was the first person to be eliminated from the IC battle royal this Monday

Yes, and his first ring appearance in quite a while lasted about 10 seconds after the bell rang, for pete's sake.

Y'know, he's probably friends with just about everyone in that Battle Royal and I sometimes wonder what's really going on behind the scenes. Isn't Drew embarrassed to be used in this fashion over and over while his buddies get to do things that cast them in a better light? It's not as if Drew was a jobber from the start, a la Trent Barretta..... instead, he used to be a featured performer and you have to wonder what he thinks of all this.

Then again, it could be he knows his days with WWE are numbered and he's happy to go out a earn a paycheck, no matter how he's being used.

When he comes to my door to whisk me away, I'll ask him.:)

Last time I saw, flying over the top rope on RAW something like 45 seconds into the IC Battle Royal :lmao:
Who knows what they are doing with him aye....

cm_punk_best_in_the_world_logo_wallpaper_psp.jpg_320_320_0_9223372036854775000_0_1_0.jpg

I also think they do an occassional focus group. Merch is important too. Crowd reaction can be substantiated in some cases. Take the reaction Cena, Orton, Triple H, etc get. Some guys like DiBiase hardly get any reaction. Poor Slater had the 'Wendys' reaction for awhile.

Well we DID get a glimpse of Drew last week when they were tossing Truth and Miz from the building. Take that for what it is. I've never been a fan of McIntyre although I will admit that from the time of his debut 'til his last television appearance, he was making improvement in terms of overall in-ring ability. I vaguely remember him having a match on RAW many months ago after the draft. He had pyro that night which I thought was pretty awesome and that a new start on RAW would lead to better things for him. Alas, I was wrong. The problem I had with McIntyre was that no matter how hard he tried, the guy just couldn't get over with the crowd. The loudest crowd reaction I can ever remember him getting was a long time ago when he was on Smackdown and bullying Teddy Long in the middle of the ring (telling him to get on his knees and apologize). He also had a rather bland character. Maybe what he needs is some repackaging. A gimmick. Work on them mic skills so that the next time he talks, he can establish a genuine reaction with the audience. He can make all the improvements in the ring he wants but unless he can make a connection with the audience and get them to care about him (whether with loud pops or heat), he's not going to make it past the midcard if he even gets back on television.

To be honest I've always been a fan of McIntyre,I know he dosn't draw as much as Punk and the rest but im still a fan of his character (maybe coz I'm part scotish ;))
Right from his debut attack on R-Truth I've always liked his sinister style and aggression in his matches. His "chosen one" gimmick was pretty cool aswell with the "I was hand picked by Mr McMahon!" I was sure he was going far - especially after he won the I.C title so quickly! But oh well!
His entrance is still one of my favs atm too!

They still have him doing something backstage even if its only 2mins - you still notice him so maybe wwe are just waiting for the right time?

Maybe he could join Vickies stable?
Maybe turn face and join Sheamus for the tag division? ( although I'd prefer Sheamus to go singles career)

Maybe bring back roddy piper to manage him till hes over?
Haha long shot I know

The short answer is he's on Superstars trying to get over.

The long answer is he's on Superstars trying to get over, because he isn't very good. He really isn't. He doesn't have charisma and there was only so long that he could coast along without it. Don't get me wrong, I quite like McIntyre. He has good mic skills and I like his old school in-ring style. But he doesn't excite me. Not in the same way that a fellow midcard heel like Dolph Ziggler excites me. And the WWE Universe seems to feel the same way. That's why Ziggler and Swagger are being pushed on Raw and McIntyre is on Superstars.

I was helping a mate recreate Drew on an old PS2 game (SvR 09 I think) & we were using Wikipedia as a moves guide,not recommended,we got stuck for moves that,d suit him & my mate,whose a casual wrestling fan, said, "Why not Poetry In Motion seeing as he,s from Burns country."lightbulb,idea,ping! I have a idea to help push Drew,Heidenrich & Larry the Genius done properly,Drew McI,the Bard of wwe!
Now,as a scot,haggis & heather cliches done badly make me cringe ,but I like Drew,c,mon,to have a country representative of the WORLDWE at 26. no bad big man.Not enough though to make him the chosen one that Vince did or like him as much as H.this thumbs up hasnt done him any favours un like Sheamus (imagine that Pope) I also think he got drafted too soon,To help his Raw stock he shoulda had a few SD WorlD title matches first,or got it handed to him like Dolph,Cant believe ThaT counts but not Cmps win over Cena pre Rio Cash in,anyway.This H-Ace feud rules out any help Drew could get NoW he needs it, (chosen one-Inter-Superstars? no conspiracy there.) if things go on,its future endeavors,the TNA route & he,ll be as remembered as the Highlanders (they existed didnt they,Werent TNA gagging for them)?
Soloution? WWE tours Glasgow in Nov,Drew appears (& Regal,Wade & Mason,hint,) then disappears from TV for a while.(no SS for a fortnight.) Then turns up,kilt over St andrews trunks,spouting freedom,,irn bru (whiskys not PG) & poetry!! (RUN COLE!!) A camera just so happened to have followed him round his ayrshire home & he,s rediscovered his scottish roots as he ends each promo glaring & grining over a piece of paper at his intended victim,hinting in a family show way that his foe is gonna get his f-in head kicked in,in enchanting gaelic tones.
This coulda been done at the start.I remember a feud with Morrison (he,s doing well too lol) & JohN dressed as Braveheart & drawled "Freedom dude" & Drew was like "Shut it pal!" & I thought,this should be the other way round!!
My idea is a little cartoony & more PG than PC,BuT it,ll give Drew,mic time,a gimmick & a push! Besides,dont y,all americans jest LURVE scAtland! So we,re told.(Nobody IN WWE doing PiM?! New move included!-lol)

-drew cant draw, that's his biggest issue. i dislike him, but i credit him as he is great in ring, he could cut a promo (though i normally muted i when he did cause his voice is soo dreadful), he has the look, he even had vkm's interest. definitely wwe's loss to not use him. but whatcha gonna do.

-his future, if he is lucky, wwe superstars (but i dont think that a lot of people watch it any more). unemployment line?? a good possibility. TNA??? perhaps. most likely, he will end up in the independent circuit or something.

Not on TV because he's terrible.

OH Wait he wrestled Orton a couple of weeks back, got buried, and no one who gives a shit gave a shit.

Hopefully him and Morrison go out the door together, they can thank their crazy other halves for ruining their careers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back