When will the WWE ever bring back PPV's named after the Wrestler's/Faction's?

CM Steel

A REAL American
Do any of the wrestling fans remember from back during the Attitude era when pay per view's were named after the wrestler or the wrestling group?

December 1997-The D-Generation X PPV which featured matches like the main event between the then WWF/E champion Shawn Michaels vs Ken Shamrock for the strap. The then IC champion Stone Cold Steve Austin vs the Rock (with the Nation of Domination) for the IC strap. Matches like that. That was the first PPV after the infamous "Montreal ScrewJob" at the Survivor Series PPV of that year.

December 1998-WWF/E chairman Vince McMahon gave an up & coming Rock his own name PPV called "Rock Bottom". Which featured matches like the Rock defending the WWF/E championship against Mankind (Mick Foley). When Mankind had defeated the Rock as clean as can be. But the heel WWF/E chairman reversed the outcome of the match. And the first ever "Buried Alive" match that had Stone Cold Steve Austin vs the Undertaker.

Now those were some great PPV's!

Now what if the WWE brought back those kind of PPV's to this era of WWE? We could get PPV's named after Triple H like "Game Time". Or John Cena "Attitude Adjustment" (that was the name of an old WWF tour during the summer of '96). Themes like that.

So is it time to bring those kind of PPV's back into the WWE?

Wouldn't work in my opinion. Everyone is too bland in my eyes for them to be able to do that, and no one except Cena and Orton are over enough with the WWE Universe to be able to pull that off. So you'd get an AA PPV, and then a PPV named Viper's Pit or something, and that'd be the end of that.

Wouldn't work in my opinion. Everyone is too bland in my eyes for them to be able to do that, and no one except Cena and Orton are over enough with the WWE Universe to be able to pull that off. So you'd get an AA PPV, and then a PPV named Viper's Pit or something, and that'd be the end of that.

I actually wouldn't mind a PPV called the Viper's Pit..

WWE Mizzark Madness
WWE Greatest of All The Times!
WWE Gonna' Get Got!
WWE Fight Of The Fella'!
WWE Long Island Iced Tea(A William Regal PPV and NOT a Zack Ryder one!)
WWE D. Bryan

It only works if it's a subtitle to the In Your House PPV name but if it's a name alone without the IYH head title, it would suck completely.

Wwe presents sponsored by skittles: Attitude Adjustment.
Wwe presents sponsored by Pepsi Max: GTS
Wwe presents sponsored by Mtv: The palace of MIZ-Dom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back