How would you list the WWE PPV's for 12 months?

CM Steel

A REAL American
The WWE pay per views are always changing with the times. Change is good. But it depends on how you go about it. Right now in the WWE, the pay per view list goes like this...

Jan: Royal Rumble
Feb: Elimination Chamber
Mar: Wrestlemania
Apr: Extreme Rulez
May: Over the Limit
Jun: Capitol Punishment/Fatal Four Way
Jul: Money in the Bank
Aug: SummerSlam
Sept: Night of Champions
Oct: Hell in a Cell/Vengence
Nov: Survivor Series
Dec: TLC (Table's, Ladder's, and Chair's)

It's a great concept that the WWE have gimmick PPV's. But before this new yearly list of PPV's in the WWE. The PPV list went like this...

Feb: No Way Out
Mar: Wrestlemania
Apr: Backlash
May: Judgement Day
Jun: King of the Ring
Jul: Vengence/The Great American Bash
Sept: Unforgiven
Oct: No Mercy
Dec: Armageddon

Now if you were in the head of the WWE office. How would you list the WWE PPV's for 12 months?

Jan. -Royal Rumble
Feb- No Way Out
Late March-Wrestlemania
Late April-Backlash
May- Extreme Rules
June-Money in the Bank
July-Vegeance
Aug-SummerSlam
Sep.- Night of Champions
Oct. -TLC
Nov- Survivor Series
Dec -Armageddon

I like having a Special named PPV (more freedom to build things) over a Gimmick PPV, But every once in a while it doesn't hurt like MITB, Extreme Rules and TLC. one PPV a month is solid

I'd go back to the old PPV names, they had much more meaning in my opinion, only two of the new PPVs I actually like the names for Over the Limit and Capitol Punishment. So I guess my list would look like this:

Feb: No Way Out
March: Wrestlemania
April: Backlash
May: Judgment Day
June: Over the Limit
July: Capitol Punishment
August: Summerslam
Sept: Unforgiven
Oct: No Mercy

and yes, I took away 2 PPVs, I see no point in 14 PPVs a year, once a month is still more than enough but we all know the WWE wouldn't dare go less than 12, oh and I got rid of TGAB and KotR, i never really liked TGAB to begin with, and KotR should just be either a special PPV or take place on a 3 hour RAW, having one every year would be stupid, which reminds me, when's the next KotR gonna happen I wonder?

Jan Royal Rumble
Feb No Way Out (Still has two elimination chamber matches)
March Wrestlemania
April Backlash
May Bragging Rights (every match is brand vs brand)
June Extreme Rules
July Unforgiven
Aug Summerslam (also has King of the Ring finals)
Sep No Mercy (Main evented by a HIAC)
Oct Vengeance
Nov Survivor Series
Dec TLC

If I were CEO for the day, my lineup would look something like this.

Feb: No Way Out (Could include either the EC or HIAC)
Mar: Wrestlemania (featuring one MITB match)
Apr: Capitol Punishment (annually scheduled in a state/district capital)
May: Extreme Rules
Jun: Breakthrough (KOTR-style tournament featuring participants with no world championship credentials).
Jul: Great American Bash
Sept:Night of Champions
Oct: Badd Blood (fits the month's evil/sinister theme)

I've tinkered with a few names but nothing out of the ordinary. No Way Out sounds more interested than Elimination Chamber as a PPV name so I changed it. Jun would feature to popular KOTR setup, but only with guys who've never been WWE/WHC in the tournament, winner getting a title shot at SummerSlam giving the company two months for a proper build. The rest of the Breaktrough show would be your standard PPV like the old KOTR shows. July was a no brainer for the Bash, October would feature Badd Blood to fit the month's sinister/evil theme and the year would end with Armageddon. Eliminating some theme-specific shows eliminate the expectation of the same type show, at the same time of the year (ie, a TLC match could be the main event featured at Bad Blood, HIAC at No Way Out, EC at Armageddon) while combining two well received themes for over the years (KOTR/breakthrough concept from Raw's Nov 2009 battle royal).

January - Royal Rumble
February - No Way Out
March - WrestleMania
April - Backlash
May - Over The Limit
June - Vengeance
July - Capitol Punishment
August - Summerslam
September - Night of Champions
October - Halloween Havoc
November - Survivor Series
December - Armageddon

I'd go with a mix of WCW/Attitude era+ old school PPV's.
Royal Rumble
No Way Out
WrestleMania
Backlash
King Of The Ring
Over The Edge
SummerSlam
Starrcade
Fall Brawl
Halloween Havoc
Survivor Series
Armageddon

Too bad WWE12 is the buggiest in the series too date.
So many bugs and RTWM where it's all predetermined so what's the point lol
it's not even comical. makes SVR 10 and 11 look great in comparison so far.

Royal Rumble (January)
Is there even a single person who wouldn't keep the Rumble where it's at?

TLC (February)
To be honest, I just really like the concept of the TLC PPV. The fact that you can get a variety of matches out of it (like Extreme Rules; unlike HIAC/EC) helps a lot. This was also the last spot open to insert a PPV. I think idealy there would not be a PPV inbetween the Rumble and Wrestlemania, and you could fit it in elsewhere.

Wrestlemania (March)
Obviously.

Extreme Rules (April)
Keep it here. Not a big fan of PPVs named after matches (i know there are worse such as HIAC/EC), but this is what they do now. And adding stipulations to WM rematches seems to be what WWE did anyway under the mirage of the name "Backlash."

Hell in a Cell (May)
This is where WWE seems to go backwards. I know the product cools down after Mania, but at least Extreme Rules offers a lot of hardcore action. Instead of going to a Judgment Day/Over the Limit, why not just cap off the feuds WWE drags out anyway (see Cena/Batista, Cena/Miz, etc.)? Hell in a Cell is the ultimate feud ender (or it should be), so I suggest it move here.

King of the Ring (June)
Bring it back. You can fill plenty of TV time with qualifying matches, and the tournament only has to take up 3 matches on the card (Semis & Finals for idiots)

The (Great American/WWE Universe?) Bash (July)
(Only kidding). But I like "The Bash" here in this slot. It's a nice nod to WCW, similar to how Extreme Rules is a nod to ECW. It just fits here.

Summerslam (August)
Traditional Spot.

Money in the Bank (September)
I think the September PPV tends to suffer from the fallout of the Summer hype. In a similar thought process to Wrestlemania --> Extreme Rules, just add a big stipulation PPV that'll draw after one of your big shows.

Night of Champions (October)
I think it'd be interesting to have NOC follow MITB. Chances are you'd have at least one MITB briefcase holder still threatening to cash in; and best case scenario, you have BOTH on a night when all championships are decided. Now I know both World Titles would be defended anyway at any PPV and the lower tier belts wouldn't be threatend by a potential cash-in, but that doesn't mean you couldn't market NOC as a big event where the MITB holders are viewed in suspense as threats IN ADDITION to whomever the WWE decides to challenge both champions.

Survivor Series (November)
As you can tell, same spots for all 4/5 traditional PPVs.

Elimination Chamber (December)
I don't know. Maybe it's just me, but I really like the placement of Elimination Chamber as the last PPV of the year. It probably the most chaotic and brutal match the WWE has to promote, and I think that's a great way to close the year. Not to mention, it'd be a cool connection between the concepts of Survivor Series & Royal Rumble to feature the Elimination Chamber matches. You obviously tie in the elimination factors of the SS, and the countdown/anticipation of the Rumble.

I would keep it simple like they used to have it, no modern day crappy gimmick ppv's like Elimination Chamber or Hell In A Cell. The MITB match would go back to WrestleMania as well.

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - No Way Out
Mar - WrestleMania
Apr - Backlash
May - Over The Limit
Jun - King Of The Ring
Jul - Great American Bash
Aug - SummerSlam
Sep - Unforgiven
Oct - Vengeance
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

One a month, no really crappy gimmicky ppv's that ruin big matches like Hell In A Cell, the formula worked back in the day, if it aint broke dont fix it.

@Gameover - Really? The games been out a little more than 24 hours and youre going to use a post about ppvs to randomly bash it like theres nothing good about it? Go back to no mercy and pretend youd know a good video game if it smacked you in the face with its dick. Bah. Prolly should have known you were an idiot when you moved summerslam back a month to put the NWA/WCW version of wrestlemania as a not needed filler ppv. WWE would never use Starrcade because it has wrestlemania.

Anyways heres my list

I miss in the in your houses named after particular feuds and events so a few are that.
Jan - Royal Rumble -
Febuary - In Your House (surname here)
Late march/early april - wrestlemania
Late april- backlash
May - extreme rules
June - In your house
July - Bash at the bech
August - Summerslam
September - in your house
October - halloween havok
December - In your house

With In Your House the stupid name isnt the only tip off that its a filler ppv and helps serve its purpose. Anyways thats my list thanks for reading!

I'd run the schedule like so...

Mid January - Royal Rumble (Back to 30-Man for the main match. Continue the 2008 idea of making winner and runner up from previous year numbers 1 and 2 in order to set up a strong start).

Mid February - No Way Out (Undo the name change and have ONE cross-brand match for the winning superstar to face their brands World Champ at WrestleMania e.g. Chamber, HIAC).

Late March/Early April - WrestleMania (Reinsert a single MITB match).

Early May - Backlash (Going back to being used as a continuation of WM issues/feuds).

Early June - Vengeance (Combine the concepts of TLC and Extreme Rules into a PPV used to close out WM feuds).

Early July - King of the Ring (Return the tournament in place of MITB, with qualifiers building up to semis and final taking place at the PPV).

Mid August - SummerSlam (Set up one major feud with one world title and the KOTR winner getting a shot at the other world title.).

Late September - Night of Champions (Same as current concept, only championship matches, every championship on the line. Use 3 or more challengers to bridge and/or create feuds in the same match, i.e. A vs B vs C vs D with A feuding with B and C feuding with D).

Late November - Survivor Series (Merging of current SS and old Bragging Rights formula. All cross-brand matches, with 3 counting towards a contest for Interbrand Championship/Cup. Two Champion vs Champion matches, WWE vs WHC and US vs IC, and a traditional Elimination Match as a finale).

Late December - Armageddon (Used to wrap up most if not all feuds still engaged from throughout the year, and set the stage for the Royal Rumble).

Does any one know why WWE had plans to scrap Survivor Series, in fact DID scrap the ppv a couple of years ago only to keep it. The way it is these days there is no need for that name. I am a traditionilst, all survivor matches or rename the dam ppv!!

Changed the schedule around quite a bit, mostly for fun, but this is how I would see the gradual build up to Wrestlemania...

Oct Unforgiven

Nov Survivor Series

Dec Judgement Day

Jan King Of The Ring

Feb Night Of Champions

Mar Royal Rumble

Apr Extreme Rules

May War Games (Not the match, just sounds bad ass, should be a PPV name)

June Summerslam

July Bragging Rights (Who has the bragging rights heading into Wrestlemania?)

Aug Wrestlemania

Sep Vengeance

April - Backlash (Like Teeceezy said, a continuation of Wrestlemania.)
May - Judgment Day
June - King of the Ring
July - Vengeance
August - Summerslam
September - Unforgiven
October - No Mercy (this can be all matches under Extreme Rules.)
November - Survivor Series (Have one 7 vs 7 Bragging Rights type tag match and one classic Survivor Series, but up it from 5 men to 7.)
December - Armageddon
January - Royal Rumble (Keep it at 40 men)
February - No Way Out (Have 1 Elimination Chamber match here)
March - Wrestlemania (Have 1 Money in the Bank match)

Hell in a Cell can be a match in any PPV, no need to have an entire pay per view dedicated to it each year. The most well known HIAC took place at King of the Ring.

Having a designated time each year makes it less special in my opinion.

January: Royal Rumble

March: Wrestlemania

August: Summer Slam

October: Survivor Series

December: Starcade

Make PPVs worth buying with less of them this way you would see million+ buyrates more than once a year, and the free TV matches would have more meaning to them. That 3 ppv in 5 week thing they do in early fall, that was the reason I quit buying PPVs outside of Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania.

I dont like the gimmick PPV's. I like the elemant of surprise at your average PPV where these matches are ordered. There are also far too many PPV's.

My Calendar would be:

January - Royal Rumble
March - Wrestlemania
May - King Of The Ring
August - Summerslam
October - Survivor Series
December - Armegeddon

January - Royal Rumble

February - No Way Out - I know people want there to be less pay-per-views and they always view this one as one of the least significant but I think No Way Out is a crucial ppv where they have one last chance to take the title off the champ to get an even better WM main event. We've seen it happen in 2001, 2008, 2009, and 2010 and I think it was a good idea all of those times.

March - WrestleMania

April - Backlash - I'm simply a fan of monthly ppvs. Just like U.S. national holidays, I feel like there should be one every month and Backlash has always been a good WM follow-up ppv.

May - Extreme Rules - This is a great concept that should have more prestige in the WWE. Every match an extreme rules match? Brilliant!

June - Money in the Bank - If there was only one cross-brand 8 person matchup with 4 guys from each show, this match would become equally entertaining as the Royal Rumble. A fun annual ladder match with big stipulations seems like a good idea to me.

August - SummerSlam - I know, I know, I just said I think ppv's need to be monthly but taking off in July would make SummerSlam that much bigger, because it's the only ppv of the year that has an extra month of build towards it.

September - Vengeance

October - Night Of Champions - Another fun gimmick ppv that should guarantee buys year in and year out.

December - Armageddon

I’d like to see all the PPVs take place on the 4th Sunday of each month.

January – Royal Rumble

February – Superbrawl
Elimination Chamber Title matches still here in February.

March – WrestleMania
The Money in the Bank match should go back to WM.

April – King of the Ring
Yes!! Bring it back in PPV format!! This is the only PPV where only the World Titles are defended, because of the 3 rounds / 7 matches Tournament.

May – Night Of Champions
Personal favorite of mine.

June – Bash at the Beach
Same as others, but at an outdoor / beach setting.

July – The Great American Bash
World War 3??

August – Summerslam

September – Survivor Series
Four 4 on 4 Raw vs. Smackdown Survivor Series Style matches, and a Raw Champions vs. Smackdown Champions match Main Event.

October – Halloween Havoc
WarGames.

November – November to Remember
Replaces Extreme Rules but uses its concept.

December – Starrcade
Battlebowl / Lethal Lottery.

Late-January - Royal Rumble
(4 matches - WWE and World Heavy Weight, Unified Tag Team and Divas Championship matches, and the Royal Rumble Match - 40 Superstars)

Mid-February - No Way Out
(Have 2 Elimination Chamber Matches for the WWE and World Heavy Weight Championships)

Late-March - WrestleMania
(One Money In The Bank Ladder Match, One all Diva Battle Royal, All Championships defended. Undertaker Streak Match, 8 to 10 matches)

Mid-April - Backlash
(Follow up of WrestleMania Feuds, Most championships defended)

Mid-May - Vengeance
(Close all WrestleMania Feuds, I Quit Matches, TLC Matches, and Extreme Rules Matches. Most Championships defended)

Late-June - King of The Ring
(King of The Ring Tournament Qualifying Matches happen on Raw and Smackdown before the PPV, and the winner gets to choose which championship to challenge. All championships defended including the Divas Championship, except the Unified Tag Team Championship)

Mid-July - The Great American Bash
(Most championships defended, not all)

Late-August - SummerSlam
(United States and Intercontinental Championships NOT defended, All diva battle royal, winner faces Divas Champ later in the night, the Divas Champion is also in the battle royal, and if the Champ wins then she gets to pick her opponent. WWE and World Heavy Weight and Unified Tag Team Championships defended.)

Mid-September - Night of Champions
(Every Championship on the Line)

Mid-November - Survivor Series
(WWE, World Heavy Weight and Unified Tag Team Championships Defended. One Smackdown vs Raw 7-on-7 Classic Style Survivor Series Match. One Smackdown vs Raw 5-on-5 Classic Style Divas Survivor Series Match.

Early-December - Extreme Rules
(All matches Extreme Rules, Tag Team Championship match still an Extreme Rules Match, but you have you win like its a ladder match)

January 22, 2012- "Royal Rumble"

They revert back to a 30-man Royal Rumble and the winner of this match goes on to face the champions at WrestleMania. Pretty self-explanatory.

February 19, 2012- "Road to WrestleMania"

I know the name sounds hokey, but by calling it "Road to WrestleMania", it will probably get much more buys. Also, it solidifies this PPV as the precursor for setting up what happens at WrestleMania.

April 1, 2012- "WrestleMania"

WrestleMania is the biggest show of the year surrounded by many events leading up to the big PPV. For the 2012 version, they should debut a "Breakthrough Battle Royal" where a midcard title is on the line and the participants are all people who have never held a singles title in the WWE like Zack Ryder, Ted DiBiase, Brodus Clay, etc.

The Money in the Bank ladder match won't happen in 2012 to make sure the concept doesn't get stale. But by 2013, the Money in the Bank ladder match will return to WrestleMania moving the Breakthrough Battle Royal to SummerSlam.

April 29, 2012- "Extreme Rules"

All matches would be Extreme Rules stipulations. No gimmick matches, just hardcore rules. I guess in special occasions they could use gimmick matches, but I would prefer to see several No DQ matches back to back.

May 27, 2012- "Shifting Sides"

This would be a Smackdown vs. Raw WWE Draft PPV. Basically, a few Raw vs. Smackdown feuds would develop and they'll settle it here with draft picks on the line. There would also be a few unannounced matches. They do 9 to 10 matches on the Raw draft shows, so maybe they could do 12 matches on the PPV. The main event will be a match between both World Champions with 3 draft picks on the line while a match between the midcard champions will open the show.

This also symbolizes a lockout period in the WWE where no person from one brand can compete on the other show.

June 24, 2012- "Elimination Chamber"

There will be two Elimination Chamber matches and the winners of each match receive a title match six weeks later at SummerSlam. I want to solidify SummerSlam as the "WrestleMania of the Summer" so dedicating a PPV to getting a title shot there will make it seem just as important.

August 5, 2012- "SummerSlam"

This will be one of WWE's three big PPVs that go 4 hours instead of 3 (WrestleMania, SummerSlam and another one). It will be treated like an honor to compete at SummerSlam just like WrestleMania. And beginning in the 2013 version, there will be a Breakthrough Battle Royal at every SummerSlam putting over one new star.

September 2, 2012- "Tables, Ladders and Chairs"

I am a fan of the TLC concept where there will be 1 ladder match, 1 chairs match, 1 tables match and 1 TLC match. I have enjoyed all TLC PPVs and don't think it should be discontinued like others do.

September 29, 2012- "Survivor Series"

Survivor Series has lost its luster. The way I'll revive it is to have the two world title matches, the diva's match and 5 traditional Survivor Series matches. The catch here is that all the survivors will compete in a battle royal at the end of the night for a title match at The Main Event, WWE's new biggest PPV of the fall.

October 27, 2012- "Halloween Havoc"

Instead of having Survivor Series right before Thanksgiving, let's have Halloween Havoc right before Halloween! The PPV will feature buildup to The Main Event similar to how RTWM builds up to WrestleMania.

December 2, 2012- "The Main Event"

The Main Event will basically be treated as the WrestleMania of the Fall. The winner of the Survivor Series battle royal will go on to face the champion of his choosing here. Other feuds being hinted at throughout the whole year will be settled in this PPV giving it a huge "big match" feel. The point of having three big PPVs (SS, ME and WM) is to put on much more memorable moments a year and generate more buys too.

December 30, 2012- "Armageddon"

Armageddon would return, obviously to exploit the fact that 2012 is rumored to feature the end of the world. The PPV would serve as a blowoff to The Main Event and it will begin to build towards WrestleMania, having people talk about the Royal Rumble. And if WWE is going to do a Hell in a Cell match, this will be the best place to do it.

After this PPV, wrestlers will slowly begin appearing on the other shows to promote the Royal Rumble and build up to their big WrestleMania matches.

So what do you guys think?

Jan - Royal Rumble
Feb - Bragging Rights/War Games (With it being the road to WrestleMania, I just feel the need for guys to show brand unity, though those feuding for titles are excluded from this obviously.)
Mar - WrestleMania (No Reason Needed)
Apr - Extreme Rules (It's the fallout from Wrestlemania, but even with Backlash they were having stipulated matches, so Extreme Rules fits here.)
May - Money in the Bank (Reason: The concept of two separate briefcases, separated by brand, is a good one, though it makes things more predictable. It gives another superstar a chance to break out.)
Jun - No Mercy (Considering the PPV before it, No Mercy in this slot works as it helps make things tense for champions in matches here. The MitB holder could jump you at any time.)
Jul - Breaking Point (No, it wouldn't be a submissions only card, but it's got the kind of name that would make you think of the climax of a feud, so theoretically it would be better fit after Unforgiven or Vengeance, but 14 PPV's a year is nuts so...)
Aug - SummerSlam
Sep - Unforgiven
Oct - Vengeance: Night of Champions
Nov - Survivor Series
Dec - Armageddon

The ones without anything written next to them are the ones that just fit there. Survivor Series just has to stay in November, though that's based off tradition. Armageddon just seems like a good year ending ppv title. Vengeance and Night of Champions rebranded as one ppv makes the ppv more flexible in that while all titles are to be defended, you're still able to slip a non-title feud or four in there for time filler.

January - Royal Rumble

April - WrestleMania

June - King Of The Ring

August - SummerSlam

October - Survivor Series

December - Elimination Chamber

cut out 8 of the 14 PPV's and focus more during Raw and Smackdown on building feuds and matches to sell the fuck out of the remaining PPVs. Add the gimmick matches from other PPVs to the remaining PPV's

January - Royal Rumble
All matches are Royal Rumbles.

February - Halloween Havok

March - Entertamania 28

April - Not-So-Extreme Rules

May - Fall Brawl

June - Bash At The Beach (Live From St. Louis, Missouri)

July -Ladder Match

August - Summerfest

September - November 2 Remember

October - Spring Stampede

November - This Tuesday In Texas (Live 25/11/12)

December - Twenty-Twelve

January: Royal Rumble. This is real simple, no need to change.

February: No Way Out. Keep the two Elimination Chamber matches, but change the name. No Way Out is a very fitting name. I'd make the two world champions compete in one of the matches.

Late March/ Early April: Wrestlemania.

April: Backlash: Bring back this pay per view, to have a simple card of basic rematches.

May: Extreme Rules: Gimmick match pay per view, designed to end the Mania feuds and move on to the summer feuds.

June: King of the Ring. I can hear the collective groans of people that hate the one night tournament format. This time we make it matter, the winner of the tournament gets a title match at Summerslam. King of the Ring becomes the Rumble of the Summer.

July: Night of Champions. Each world title match is conducted under the Championship Scramble rules.

August: Summerslam, no need to change this.

September: Money in the Bank.

October: Halloween Havoc, just a basic pay per view. Hopefully this resolves all of the summer feuds and can go into the winter with no continuity.

November: Suvivor Series. This should go back to the 5 on 5 format with two title matches. There is no excuse not to do this at this point. I'd love to go to a War Games type main event, but the WWE didn't make it, so...

December: Armageddon. Standard pay per view.

Reactions: TLC
Nothing fancy.

January - Royal Rumble.

February - Regular PPV, I don't care what it's called.

March - Wrestlemania in late March.

April - Regular PPV. Fudge "extreme rules".

May - Elimination Chamber. Big fan of the gimmick.

June - Regular PPV, June is a boring month.

July - King of the Ring -- I'd have the tournament played out over the weeks leading up to the PPV, where the finals will culminate. It wouldn't hurt to include wrestlers outside WWE, but they're too close-minded and care about themselves. Not that there is anything wrong with that!

August - Summerslam. Never saw it as a big deal, so it's a regular PPV to me.

September - Night of Champions. Personal favorite.

October - Regular PPV. Fudge names.

November - Survivor Series. I love the traditional five-on-five elimination matches.

December - TLC. Two table matches, one ladder, one TLC, and the rest are regular matches. Change the ladder match to a MITB match every other year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back