• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When will Punk cash in MITB?

buddy_z34

Dark Match Winner
usually you see people cash in the MITB soon after they won it but Punk has been holding on to it.

do you see him cashing it in at Judgement Day after his match with Kane and defeating Kane for the ECW title again?
or can you see him moving over to SD and challenge Edge for the title after Edge wins it this sunday?
or does he think of the impossible and cash it in against HHH?
or does he lose his MITB after someone challenges him to put his money where his mouth is?

The answer is he won't. The only reason he won is because the Money In The Bank winners spot was for Jeff Hardy. Hardy got suspended, Punk was the only one worthy of winning that they didn't have any plans for. When I say worthy I mean he wasn't in a feud, and didn't have a significant feud in the pipeline. The only other options were Carlito, Morrison & Shelton. So they took the option of Punk. Now Hardy is back, why would they keep it on Punk? Makes no sense. Hardy is more over, it's their original plan. A quick feud Jeff wins, champ by Survivor Series.

he will cash it in JULY THE 11th ON FRIDAY NIGHT SMACKDOWN AGAINST EDGE
but he will lose by disqualification because of Edges quick thinking he will low blow
cm punk and keep the WHC

Yeah thanks for that.

PeteRose just said it best. They need to build Punk up first, if he was to cash it now nobody would believe he would win, nor would anybody care. He has a year to cash it, and he'll need every second of it. He needs to feud with somebody liek Umaga in a good competative fued, and win. The odd match with Palumbo just won't do.

If he cashes it in himself, it would have to be at Vengeance. That PPV is the night of champions. He is not a champ, unless he wins tonight. He would have nothing to do at the PPV. WWE seems pretty intent on pushing him to the moon whether or not he deserves it, so they wouldn't avoid using him at a PPV. Of course, if he wins tonight, with Kane, that logic flies right out the window.

I do like the idea of his using it tonight. If he and Kane lose, he could turn and use it to beat a weakened Kane. It would involve a heel turn, which I'm not sure WWE wants to pull the trigger on. Punk and Kane are the only legit top card faces in ECW, so having them feud anyway but face vs. face would be a bad idea. Punk couldn't stay face and feud with his tag partner. Turning Kane is a bad idea because he is currently a back ground guy in the Taker Edge feud. He is Taker's Hawkins and Rider. If Taker needs a save, it's Kane that's going to have to do it. And since SD! has no one at the top of the card, we all know Taker and Edge are just starting.

So, at Vengeance, unless he wins the tag belts tonight. If not Vengeance, then SummerSlam. SummerSlam is where new champions are made. The problem there, is that after hearing the pop for Jeff Hardy monday night, that is probably where his run begins (and ends by Survivor Series, because for Jeff the chase is way more important to the character than the reign).

So I'm probably going to have to side with Y2Jake. Punk is going to lose the briefcase, and never get his shot, at least not that way. If he keeps it, he will use it after Survivor Series to feud with Jeff Hardy. A Punk/Hardy feud would be an effective way to turn Punk because Jeff is uber-over. Jeff hardy may be more over than Ultimate Warrior in the run up to WM 6.

For the life of me, I can't picture Punk cashing in and winning the WWE or WHC titles. I can see him winning the ECW title off Kane in a heel turn, but that defeats the purpose of the Money in the Bank in the first place, and the ECW title isn't something so prestigious that you really need to be built that much for. Punk could just challenge at any time and it would be legit as he's already held it. Trouble with that is that it leaves him with nowhere to go...it isn't a step up.

But, why does he deserve to go up to the big leagues so fast anyway? The case WAS meant for Hardy, who currently has nothing to do, so why not have the two feud over the case with Hardy coming out on top?

Problem with that, though...Hardy might not even need it anymore. That Royal Rumble/Elimination Chamber duo might have made him cross the line into a worthwhile contender already. Let's just say that Hardy was on Smackdown and the Undertaker/Edge feud was over, with Edge still champ (which we know isn't going to happen, just go with me here lol). If Hardy would challenge Edge for the title, would it seem so awkward? I think he's sort of in the same playing field as Jericho is right now. He'd be king of the hill in regards to the midcard title, but he could challenge for a main event spot and it would make sense.

In the long run, I don't really expect Punk to cash it in any time soon, if at all, but if he does cash it in before Survivor Series, I don't expect him to actually WIN either of the two titles. That's really the only thing they haven't done yet...have the MITB challenger lose during the cash-in. It unfortunately knocks out an opportunity that Kennedy, Morrison, or Hardy could use to secure that top title before the next WrestleMania, but I don't even think the WWE knows what they want to do yet and that's why he's stuck losing so often and only defeating guys like Palumbo, lol.

I'm torn here. Punk simply isn't ready to be a world champion, and to me it's not his fault. He's been in WWE since ECW began, which is about 2 years ago. In that time his biggest feuds have been with John Morrison and Chavo Guerrero. That is the epitome of his problem. He has no one to feud with. Liek someone said earlier, that Palumbo match made no sense. When Edge or Kennedy had the briefcase, they weren't in random matches, they were wrestling big named guys. Unless Punk is thrown into a huge feud very soon, I can't picture him ever cashing in and winning. My guess would be he drops it to someone else and goes back to the mediocracy of ECW.

I really dont know why they gave it to CM Punk, I really have never seen why hes so over with people. Or why people like him, hes doesnt really do much, doesnt ever really get on the mic and well hes just plain boring to me. When he won I was really surprised, really really surprised. I think what they will do is try and build him up like they did Jeff Hardy when he was fighting Randy Orton, but it wont work and I see him losing it to someone like Jeff Hardy, I dont see him ever trying to cash it in, and I hope he doesnt!

I really dont know why they gave it to CM Punk, I really have never seen why hes so over with people. Or why people like him, hes doesnt really do much, doesnt ever really get on the mic and well hes just plain boring to me.

Ok im not an ROH smark, but have you watched Punk in his ROH days? He put on some of the best matches there and delivered better promos than most of WWE'S current midcarders minus Jericho. Punk was also a hit at OVW explaining why he got the nod to jump ship and play with the big boys. If you havent seen him in ROH then i dont blame you for hating him becasue WWE's version of Punk is a watered down version, but I'm still rooting for the guy.

Well since the WHC is still vacant, there's surely going to be some kind of 6-man hell in a cell or 4 way cage match or something at One Night Stand. Probably involving Taker, Edge, Batista, Big Show, MVP or whoever. Now the end of that match would be a great opportunity to cash it in. But thats when i get confused, because i thought Taker would be in line for a long title run after last years injury? If it is cashed in at ONS it wont be Punk who does it, i agree that its more likely he was keeping it warm for Jeff Hardy. Although I like the idea of a Hardy/Punk feud. Theres just too many possibilities!!

I don't know but it will likely be against Edge especially if or I should say when Edge gets the title back

I honestly don't think CM Punk is worthy of the Smackdown or Raw championship but it seems like they are ready to push him to that level

and I agree I have seen CM Punk as a heel at Ring Of Honor he is very good at it seems to have way more charisma as a heel, I have a feeling this "good boy" "don't do drugs" "Don't drink" image is probably not is idea but it most be working because he does sell merchandise and he does seems to get a nice pop everytime he comes out

If they take the MITB briefcase off of Punk and put it on Hardy I will never watch WWE again. So what if Hardy is over, he's a prize twat. he's a mildly entertaining mid-carder who gets chance after chance even though he keeps fucking up.

If they do this then it would be the most ******ed thing they've ever done. At the end of the day taking the briefcase off of a person who is drug free and giving it to a known drug addict does not look good for a company who really don't need that kind of publicity.

Punk Forever, Hardy Never! (unless it's Matt of course)

the reason he keeps getting chances is because he has the biggest pop in the WWE....just compare him to cena or hhh...when the music plays for them yeah ppl cheer but when hardy's plays the ppl blow the roof off of the venue......he's the top dog in the wwe....he just doesn't get the push he needs.....i think he should get it and he should go for the WWE title and they should put it on him....this would be one of the best moves the WWE could make

the reason he keeps getting chances is because he has the biggest pop in the WWE....just compare him to cena or hhh...when the music plays for them yeah ppl cheer but when hardy's plays the ppl blow the roof off of the venue......he's the top dog in the wwe....he just doesn't get the push he needs.....i think he should get it and he should go for the WWE title and they should put it on him....this would be one of the best moves the WWE could make

No way... CM Punk is not even close to the top dogs...

That "big pop" you hear on smackdown or ECW has a little bit of help... as these are recorded and edited shows... Of course Punk gets a good pop and is over with the crowd... but you can't compare him with Cena, H, HBK, Undertaker... just look at Judgement Day... Kane's pop was waaaaaaaaaaaay bigger... Also, what do the Hardys have to do with Punk??? is he CM Punk Hardy, the lost brother of extrrrreme??? I didn't get that...

I think because of the pop he gets (which is pretty decent, but not a monster one), he will never turn heel in the next months, and MITB fits more on a heel... or he would need some kind of storyline similar to the one night stand build up, to get more backup from the crowd, and make the title change a worthy one...

Punk has been losing since getting the case, I mean, he appears on a regular basis on the 3 brands, but he loses to almost everyone who is at his level or higher in the card... Maybe when Funaki wins the WWE title we can see Punk cash in and get it from him... since WM he has not even had a feud.... has he??

As time goes, it seems to me more and more that Punk will be the first MITB holder to lose the title match... and it will be to the ECW champion... sad...

AAfter some careful consideration of this last whils watching Judgement Day I have had a few ideas on how Punk's MITB case can be used best.

Last night he got a decent pop- considering that at PPV level he's not fully blooded it was good. But it was a nice pop not a monster pop. He isn't ready for either of the top two titles. The WWE cornered themselves when they didn't give a secondary figure (i.e somebody that is not Jeff Hardy) any build going into the MITB match. Punk as we are all seeing hasn't come out of MITB and done anything significant which leads to the assumption that WWE weren't going to back out on their original plan- which was to give Hardy the case. It makes sense- Hardy is way more over than Punk will be all of this year.

So when Hardy says he has "things to do" on his return I think getting hold of the MITB is one of them and I think that giving it to Hardy seems the best way of utilizing the case.

What next for Punk?

Jumping to SmackDown in the next Draft would be the best option. I know it makes hardly any difference since he can be there anyway but I think if you make it his homeshow then it'll keep him fresh in the mind of the audience. Then they need to let him express some of the more risky- but all the more impressive moves in his moveset. I honestly believe that his character can be modeled on RVD. Essentially his moveset can get him more over.

Nice idea ROHDude, but he has to cash it in BEFORE mania. At the next mania, there will be another MitB winner. So, unless he uses it the Hall of Fame ceremony, it will be used well before mania, probably by Survivor Series.

I love how ROH fans think the rules change for CM Punk because he didn't look like shit over there, like he does in WWE.

Just give it to Jeff, he is far better than Punk, and much more loved by the crowd. And besides, taking it from the straightedge jobber and giving it to the drugged out awesomeness that is Jeff Hardy is more indicative of the attitude era that we all pine for. The crowd popping when the drunken redneck, or the naked girls, or DX, or everyone beats up RTC is enough proof to know that shitty Punk will never be on the level of Jeff Hardy.

Note: Exaggerated to show more hatred of shitty-ass Punk.

ONE: I'm not an ROH mark, I'm a Punk mark!

TWO: TBH all you attitude era marks need to let that shit go. If Hardy was worthy of WWE/WHC title run he would have held it before now. If they want to push a Hardy they should push Matt (he's a much better wrestler anyway)

Giving MITB to Jeff would be the worst idea ever. Punk is a solid worker who has some great matches, Yes the GTS looks sloppy and he would be better off using the vice but a finishing move don't make the man (Take the peoples elbow, IT's A FUCKING ELBOW DROP PEOPLE)

so once again!

Punk Forever, Hardy Never!

My guess is that Punk will use his MITB at next year's WrestleMania, if he is completely over with the fans that is. WWE's plan is probably to see if Punk got what it takes to be a top name in the business, if so, he will cash in his MITB at Mania, if not, WWE will have somebody more popular take the MITB off him and use it at one of the big 4 PPVs(SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, or WrestleMania). If Punk does use it at Mania, it will probably be against Triple H, Randy Orton, or John Cena for the WWE title, if he uses it on the ECW title, I will be disgusted because that title holds no meaning anymore.

I just can't see Punk cashing in on a Raw or Smackdown belt. He just isn't at that level yet, and this "push" isn't helping. He loses to all the big names and only beats the nobodies. When Edge had the MitB, he went through some awesome feuds with Kane and Matt Hardy. Even prior to winning the MitB, he had a great build up to a future main eventer. WWE hasn't done anything like that for CM Punk.

It's fairly obvious that Punk was just a last minute decision since Jeff Hardy was suspended. I think Jeff will end up taking the MitB from CM Punk. At least he has had that similar build up to main event status like Edge had. Plus, Jeff seems to be getting the loudest pops currently.

I agree most the majority here that Punk just isn't ready for a major title, now don't get em wrong i like him but he need a few good long midcard fueds to establish himself more.

As far as the MITB, as big of a fan of Hardy i am i would rather see him go through a few fueds and build to the title that way. I say have kennedy come out next week bragging about how he beat the King of the Ring and he deserves the next shot at the title, out comes punk. Have a good 2 month fued between these two with Kennedy ultimitely taking the case in the end. Maybe even use how he won the case last year as a reason for him fueding with punk.

nah nah,
punk all the way, the money in the bank briefcase is not just somethink the "top" guy should have, it is a years worth of gimmicks and storylines.

i remember edge when he had it first time, he was never seen as a main level guy, until he spent a full year beating the likes of benoit kane and shawn michaels

cm punk should do something similar, keep it until..... say after summerslam, and concentrate on getting over in feuds with top guys, he's been partnering with kane atm, that sounds like a perfect oppertunity to set up a title match between the two in the near future, on ecw he can go against chavo, get in against the familia and have him mixed up with edge some more, names like mvp, umaga and even orton come to mind when i think of possible opponents for punk this year.

but it will be this years survivor series that will make him, you just know he will be in the much hyped classic 5 on 5, where he gets to spend some time in the ring against triple h and batista etc, that will be his opening into the main event level, just like hardy went over with the help of triple h.

soon after that he will be ready, i suppose being a babyface, he cannot "edge" the title for a suprise easy capture, so i think the best thing would be to force an opponent to come to ecw or one of its ppvs (is d2d on this year?).

heres the best bit.... punk should LOSE in his title match, im not a punk hater, but i honestly dont think he is ready to be champion, however a win for the heel champion so close to wrestlemania would be a huge boost of his credability and a great way to hype up the wm main event. cm punk is not losing anything really... he has been in wwe for a couple short years and has just wrestled for the championship against the best in the company in the main event. everyone wins.

The problem so far with Punk being built up over the course of a year is that it simply isn't happening. Ever since the La Familia angle has started, Punk has been on a bit of a losing tilt. He loses the ECW title to Chavo...which, right there, that's messed up haha. He lost several matches against Edge, didn't have his feud with Shelton that we all thought was going to happen, lost to Regal in the King of the Ring tournament (thankfully), lost to Matt Hardy the other week on Smackdown, was beaten by the Miz the other day on ECW and then pinned by Morrison at Judgment Day. He's even struggled against Chuck Palumbo recently. If they really wanted to build him up, he'd probably be in a major feud right now with someone like MVP or JBL or something to try to make it seem like he can "hang with the big guys".

I do agree with you, though, that if they keep the case on Punk, he should lose it. That would be a nice little twist, as everyone automatically expects the holder to win the title they challenge for. Still, though, I'd much rather see him drop the case to someone else and have them win, as it would be a waste of a potential push for someone that could use it, whether it be MVP, Morrison, Kennedy, Hardy, or someone else they randomly want to throw into the mix.

i think that Punk should cash in at Night of Champions for the WHC because lets face it, hes already had the ECW title and im pretty sure he doesnt want that one again when he has the opportunity to gain something higher. i dont see him going to Raw to do it because names on there are waayyy to big for him right now. not to say CM Punk cant get it done, but its just, the WWE title has a lot more of a prestige number than the WHC and i think that if he takes his career one step at a time, molding himself into a main eventer, the WHC could be in his hands. a couple years on SD chasing after that title and then move to Raw because then, hes ready to handle Triple H and all the others. I just dont think that they should toss him to RAW where he will gain the WWE title only to hold it for a record time of like a month or even a week because thats what the writers will do. give him his chance to shine, yadda yadda no one cares. thats exactly what that gewirtz guy would do. so i say, send him to SD, even while hes on ECW, that would make it even more interesting since SD and ECW are like one anyways. but he should cash in at Night of Champions because well, he isnt a champ, and that would make one hell of a story the next morning for wwe.com

With the way things are going, unless the writers start giving him a decent push, his only real option will be to cash it in against the ecw champion. of course realistically, no one would actually do that (they'd go after the raw or smackdown title), but as of right now I can't see him being a legitimate contender for either of those titles.

Another option already mentioned is him somehow losing the case, but he'd probably have to really be in the doghouse (or injured and needs to go away for a while) for a step that extreme. So my guess at this point is that he will start having a few wins again but only use it against the ECW champion. and he'll probably do what RVD did and announce the when and where ahead of time, instead of cashing it in at an opportune time like edge

everyone is saying that cm punk isnt ready
well ask yourself this was did you think edge was ready when he cashed in
the first time ?

Yes, yes I did strongly believe he was ready. When Edge took on Brock Lesnar, in England. I felt he was ready to be the W.W.E. Champion on Smackdown. When Edge won the MITB, I felt he was primed to cash in at any given opportunity and become the next World Heavyweight Champion.

Albeit I thought it would've been against Batista, not John Cena. Cashing in on Cena was shocking in a great way, but him dropping it directly back in 3 weeks was horrible and did nothing for him other than create the controversy that his Championship reign/victory was a fluke. It wasn't until his second W.W.E. title win, did he prove that he was a solid World Champion.. and then his World title runs on Smackdown showed everyone he had what it took to stay there for a long period of time.

Punk doesn't have what Edge has. Punk doesn't have the intensity, the charisma, or the passion. Punk might be 'straight edge' and free of a lot of things.. but the three above mentioned are the most important to have, and Punk doesn't have those either.

but that win over cena gave him insane heat and it elevated him too a new level
elevating wrestlers too the next level is what the MITB is supposed too do
with that said

R.V.D. was already elevated. Edge was already solid. Mr. Kennedy would've been the first to be elevated, but an injury screwed him over. And Punk will be the first flop that the MITB has produced, ironically thanks in part to Jeff Hardy's f*ck up.. since it was widely believed that Hardy was originally going to win anyways.

i hope Jeff Hardy takes the MITB and cashes it in Triple H at summerslam
because jeff deserves it and even after all the stuff he's been through he
still gets the loudest pop

Hardy wouldn't cash in on Triple H. I doubt H.H.H. would want to job to Jeff Hardy again, much less in an even bigger situation. I say someone like William Regal or J.B.L. takes the title off Triple H. and thats how Jeff Hardy becomes Champion.

HOWEVER, thats assuming Punk would lose the MITB to Hardy. Which likely won't happen, as Punk is primed to be the first E.C.W. cash-in, more than likely. I look for it to happen quite honestly at Night of Champions.

HOWEVER, thats assuming Punk would lose the MITB to Hardy. Which likely won't happen, as Punk is primed to be the first E.C.W. cash-in, more than likely. I look for it to happen quite honestly at Night of Champions.

I can't see that happening. It was established at the Rumble that the ECW title isn't a prioper World Title.

I don't think for a second that Punk will be the one to cash it in. I'm almost certain that it'll go to Hardy. But if Punk did in fact cash it in, I'd expect him to be the first to lose.

And to be honest I don't think that would harm him one bit. He's an underdog wrestler in WWE as it is. So if he challenges a big enough star, has a competative match, and loses, then it might just elevate him all the more than him winning the title ouright.

I don't see Punk cashing it in at all - probally run out a WrestleMania. Or have Jeff Hardy beat him for the case. Jeff is still as popular as he was when he was suspended. Punk is a bit average in comparison. He moveset is sloppy, the GTS looks awful and he just isn't getting the pop Jeff has been getting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back