• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

When it comes down to Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy who is the superior performer

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
The qustion is simply basically when it comes down to matt hardy and jeff hardy who is the superior performer and wrestlers. Jeff hardy he is highflyer type of guy and matt hardy is a techincal wrestlers or in other worlds mat wrestlers type of guy they both have different styles and plays there character very well espically matt both brothers can do both highflying and techincal when they want to but which is the better overall wrestlers im talking about from merch selling to mic skills to wrestling styles to being over overall better perform in everyway for me im going to say Matt hardy he may not be as over as jeff or sell as much merch as jeff but its pretty damn ovious that guy can out wrestle jeff eascailly when going techincally but when going highflying im not so sure anyway who is the more superior wrestler in everyway lets hear your opinoins

Jeff Hardy easily. His showmanship and high-risk/high-flying abilties have always/always will make him better than Matt when it comes to being a wrestler, although neither are that good anyway. But, out of the two, Jeff is definitely the superior one in terms of who's the better performer. Now, if we were talking in terms of who's the better employee/more dependable guy, you would go with Matt for obvious reasons. But, in the ring, you'd have to go with Jeff.

Without a doubt it's Jeff Hardy. Whereas Matt Hardy has always sucked, Jeff used to suck but has improved tremendously. Not only that, he has a FAR better idea how to work a match, and his selling is very very good. Throw in a couple high risk moves, and Jeff is far and away more exciting to watch than Matt.

Matt should work a match like a heel. He's boring as hell, bland, and makes up stupid moves for the sake of it. If he had an ounce of charisma, he'd make a decent heel, because he's that boring.

Check my sig.

Jeff is the better of the 2 easily IMO. I have always loved the Hardy's, they were the ones that got me into WWE years ago. Since they have gone singles Jeff has had his behind the scenes problems but has always been the bigger draw, the better performer and the most exciting to watch.

I like Matt but he does get boring and bland sometimes. This takes nothing away from his work ethic because he is a hard worker and good employee and is very dependable.

Now before coming down on Matt Hardy so much let's logically analyze the situation. Jeff Hardy has more charisma, has a better move set, has a more marketable look and he is over like no one else. This guy gets a HUGE pop ! HUGE ! Now Matt, is technically a better WRESTLER, granted it's more of a grounded style, but he can pull off very interesting matches. He just lacks charisma, lacks a good marketable look and offcorse a more exciting style. But he still got a very decent pop ! Now that he's a heel, we'll see what he can do. Generally, all the greats were heels at some point and nailed it...Stone cold, Rock, Angle, Taker, HHH, HBK, Bret Hart.....need I go on.

If Matt can truly distinguish himself from the HARDY TAG TEAM, now is finally his chance. I hope he succeeds but none the less, Jeff will probably go down as the better Hardy.

now i think that obviously everyone would say jeff because he is more memorable for his look and all his high flying moves..however you can't forget the things that matt did during jeff's hiatus..esp. his feud with edge over lita..but i'd have to say that jeff is probably more athletic. but you still have to give matt hardy his props because i don't know what other wrestler has as much dedication as he does

however you can't forget the things that matt did during jeff's hiatus..esp. his feud with edge over lita
Great point. Here you have a REAL life feud, in which Hardy was INCREDIBLY hot, and had all the fans on his side, a feud which propelled Edge towards the top of the card..and what did Hardy get out of it? Absolutely nothing.

That feud is a GREAT example of how terrible Matt is. It was basically a fail proof way to get over big time...and he still fucked it up.

Great point. Here you have a REAL life feud, in which Hardy was INCREDIBLY hot, and had all the fans on his side, a feud which propelled Edge towards the top of the card..and what did Hardy get out of it? Absolutely nothing.

That feud is a GREAT example of how terrible Matt is. It was basically a fail proof way to get over big time...and he still fucked it up.

I couldn't have put it better myself. An insane way of getting over was presented to Matt, and he couldn't do anything. His promos were emotionless and pointless. He showed no charisma. However even so, he had me behind him 100%, when he fought Edge in a steel cage match it was insane, a match hadn't interested like that me since Benoit vs HHH vs HBK (Benoit rules). I was emotionally invested.
I mean come on your best friend just f*cked your girlfriend behind your back (many times apparently) and nothing ! After that he should of kept himself hot but he doesn't know the definition of the word. What a waisted angle that could have put them both in the title program down the road. Imagine a wrestlemania with Edge vs Matt Hardy with the world title on the line. All the emotion, all the history behind those two. Matt should focus on his intensity, he'll need it for his heel run !

Jeff Hardy plain and simple. In terms of performance Jeff has always showed up Matt. Muc skills for both are mediocre at best but they are both improving all the time. Jeff gets the biggest pop of the night no matter where or who he wrestles. Jeff is more marketable and can reach out easier to the kids WWE is now targeting. Why do you think Jeff has always had more singles pushes and titles than Matt? Because WWE saw the potential he had to be over with the fans. So Jeff Hardy is the better wrestler of the two...period. I'm just saying.

LMAO was a dumb question for a thread.. put it this way, who would u rather see in a wrestling match, Jeff or Matt? Jeff by far.. thank u end of discussion.

Look at the feud. Its over the fact that Jeff is more popular than Matt. If Matt was a superior performer than Jeff then it would be the other way around

There seems to be a lot of Hardy-bashing in this thread, not sure I agree. Jeff has improved so much on the mic in the last few months and is so much better at reading the crowd than he used to be. Matt is articulate and has always been the better speaker.

As for IN the ring, well we all know that Jeff is the more aerial, exciting performer. But Matt is talented too. Matt can go with anyone in the ring. Matt & Jeff both have potential to go further. Jeff probably does shade it though.

Jeff, hands down.He's got charisma, Matt doesn't. Jeff seems to connect with the audience more because he has issues and people identify with him. Matt has issues too, and his feud with Edge was great, but he was booked to fail and be pushed back to mid card because the WWE wanted it that way. Jeff seems to be headed in the same direction,
he's red hot, prime for a long title run, but someone in WWE doesn't want it to happen, so they started this feud with Matt, like someone mentioned, if the real life feud with Edge didn't put Matt over as a main eventer, what are the chances that this feud will ?
I'd say zero. Sure, Jeff will put over his own brother, but the audience won't buy it.

An easy thread to debut in. Jeff Hardy is superior as an in-ring and out-of ring performer.

holy f*cking sh*t. A lot of people are questionably going with Jeff.

Jeff's getting better, but he's still pretty much a one trick pony. He's got the stupid looking double leg drop to the crotch, the sitout jawbreaker, and his version of the twist of fate looks like crap. He's only more over than Matt because of the swanton bomb, his goofy hair and make-up, and because chicks and little kids like him (the cena specialty). He's wrestling much better matches now in comparison to the days when he was all f*cked up and emopussy on drugs, but that really isn't saying alot.

As far as Mic skills, you gotta go with Matt Hardy. Jeff hardly sounds like he can barely put a sentence together when he talks, but that could just be the accent, I suppose. And Matt Hardy has proven to be a capable heel in the past, and more recently he's looking like a pretty damn good heel. Jeff Hardy will never be able to pull off being a heel successfully, because he's too small and swanton-y for fans to buy it.

I thought the Matt-Edge feud was pretty successful, in fact, I can't think of a notable Jeff Hardy feud besides the one that's currently being built-up with Matt, who I'm sure will carry the majority of the storyline. I think Jeff had something with Triple H back in like 2000 or so when he was Intercontinental champion, but I'm too lazy to wikipedia it.

So in short, technical wrestling ability-Matt, mic skills- Matt, ability to carry a feud- Matt, hair and make-up-Jeff, high flying ability- Jeff, less likely to be found dead in an alley-Matt, successful heel turns- Matt, gets kids to dress like pseudogoth, pantyhose armed queers- Jeff, tornado-slamming-Matt.

I'd personally way prefer to see Matt wrestle, Hulkster4life, Jeff Hardy would put me to sleep if the high-pitched shrieks of his fans didn't keep me awake. Thanks for asking though.

I think its a matter of preferance TBH. People who like high flyers will like Jeff and people who like technically sound wrestler who does high flying moves here and there will like Matt. I don't think it comes down to mic skills as both can't speak for shit.

Jeff is far superior.

Matt is a solid wrestler, but he doesn't have that extra something that you need to go from upper mid-carder to main eventer, I don't see him ever winning a World/WWE title, but he's still a good guy to have on the roster.

Jeff's popularity is crazy, even when he was being jobbed out every month he still was the most popular guy on the roster, he's kind of like RVD, know matter how he's booked, the fans still cheer for him, and his matches are way more exciting than Matt's.

I am going agianst the pack matt is a better performer because have you ever seen Jeff be a good heel. In my opinon thought jeff may at times be more extreme then matt it in my opinon that matt has more of a full package than jeff does. Whit that said Jeff has been amazing lately esspaically durring the build up to survior series. But to honest Matt as been scary good since turning heel and hitting jeff with a steel chiar. and i can't wait for there match.

Jeff and Matt are both equal

Matt is a great wrestler, and he does have the talent you need to go from upper mid-carder to main eventer, I do believe he will win a World/WWE title someday. Matt is underrated because he works his ass off but just has the ECW, Tag and U.S.Championships to his name.

Jeff's popularity is amazing, He one of the top 5 most popular guys on the roster (along with Cena HBK Taker and Triple H) and know matter how he's booked, the fans still cheer for him. Jeff has a special connection and bond with the fans that can not be broken. Jeff had his problems, but people can relate to him.

The feud between Matt and Jeff is going to propel both of their carrers. Mark my words when I say I see BIG things for both Hardy Boys in the very near future

100% JEFF HARDY! Hardy has the ability and the passion for the business to do whatever it takes. Matt doesn't even climb to the top rope anymore, which just shows that he can't take a risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back