WHC: John Cena vs. Edge, Last Man Standing

I got a feeling Punk is going to be involved in one form or another in one of the title matches coming up either at or shortly after the pay per view.I could see Cena winning the match against Edge only to get GTS'ed after the long match and screwed out of the title by Punk.This could lead to Punk turning heel even.Regardless how it plays out.If they do let Cena beat Edge the only way to get a title back on Smackdown will involved Punk's case.Will he use it or will he defend it and lose it to Edge or someone else later leading to another cash in down the road.Who knows.Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Dude. FUCK yes. So what if its not the greatest gimmick match. So what if Edge and Cena have fought more time than Batman and The Joker. this is gonna kick motherfucking ass. Both guys thrive in big match, no rules situations, and this shit could get fucking insane. The very premise behind the match is to out spot each other, and both these guys know how to do the brutal high spot like none other.

The only thing killing this for me is...Well, Cena is a RAW wrestler, while Edge is an SD wrestler. Do you think they are going to leave SD without a world title?? No, of course not. So its fairly obvious that Edge will be winning this...

I guess itll be the means, not the ends. this match will be awesome, a possible MOTY canidate. Im calling it now.

I got a feeling Punk is going to be involved in one form or another in one of the title matches coming up either at or shortly after the pay per view.I could see Cena winning the match against Edge only to get GTS'ed after the long match and screwed out of the title by Punk.This could lead to Punk turning heel even.Regardless how it plays out.If they do let Cena beat Edge the only way to get a title back on Smackdown will involved Punk's case.Will he use it or will he defend it and lose it to Edge or someone else later leading to another cash in down the road.Who knows.Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

However in an interview Punk said "My plan is to call somebody out a little bit ahead of time instead of doing the surprise thing," Punk said. "There is a PPV, Judgment Day in Chicago coming up so I might have to do it so I have the hometown advantage."

So possibly he calls Cena/Edge out after their match at Backlash and challenges the winner at Judgement Day.

Should Edge win it could be the start of a feud between the 2.
Should Cena win, Punk could take the title in an upset after a hard fought match (possibly an attempt to help put Punk really over by having him beat the biggest face in the comapny) and give Smackdown a title back at the same time.

I see Cena retaining in this one and I expect it to be a good match between the two. As for Punk, if they are serious about him then he needs a credible reign and what better way to start than going over Cena. I see Punk announcing the following RAW that he is cashing in MITB for Judgement Day where he'll win in his home town. They'll have another match at the following PPV as well. This allows a world title to move back to Smackdown and gives Cena something to do since he really has no business in the Orton/Batista/HHH fued.

I actually see an upset, if you can call it that, and Edge just barely manages to get up at the count of 8 or 9 while Cena still lays motionless in the middle of the ring. While Edge is celebrating, exhausted from the hard fought battle, CM Punk's music plays and we find he will cash it in at that moment and makes quick work of Edge becoming the 2 time WHC and is now in a feud with Edge that lasts until Judgement Day in Chicago.

As for the match, I think it might go along the lines of when Cena and JBL had their I Quit match in 2001(don't know if it's the right year) where the match spills onto the floor, through the crowd, and ends in the middle of the ring.

I actually see an upset, if you can call it that, and Edge just barely manages to get up at the count of 8 or 9 while Cena still lays motionless in the middle of the ring. While Edge is celebrating, exhausted from the hard fought battle, CM Punk's music plays and we find he will cash it in at that moment and makes quick work of Edge becoming the 2 time WHC and is now in a feud with Edge that lasts until Judgement Day in Chicago.

As for the match, I think it might go along the lines of when Cena and JBL had their I Quit match in 2001(don't know if it's the right year) where the match spills onto the floor, through the crowd, and ends in the middle of the ring.

If Edge does win I could see a feud with Punk possibly ending at Extreme Rules in June.

I have a question about a recent news piece.

"Credit: Wrestling Observer Newsletter @ F4WOnline.com

Due to the fact that after the WWE draft both the WWE champion (Triple H) and the World champion (John Cena) ended up on the same brand (RAW), there is likely to be a title change at the upcoming Backlash pay-per view on April 26th.

While Triple H has his title up for grabs in a trios match with all RAW talent, Cena is defending his World title against SmackDown! star Edge. This pretty much guarantees Edge winning the World title to keep the top-two singles titles on opposing brands.

Of course, WWE has been known to switch booking ideas simply to fool people watching, but even still this seems to be a lock."

Now, I don't doubt that we'll end up having the WWE title on RAW and the World title on SD!. But I think people are forgetting something. Judgment Day is only three weeks after Backlash and it's in Chicago which is CM Punk's hometown.

What's to stop Cena from retaining at Backlash and the following week Punk goes the RVD route and challenges Cena for Judgment Day?

The problem with Punk's win last year was that he did it in heel fashion. We could get that Punk/Edge feud people have been waiting for but it'd just be for Punk's World title (the same title he "stole" from Edge a year ago.)

I'm not a Cena fan but right now I'm convinced that he'll retain next Sunday just so he can drop the belt to Punk at Judgment Day.

I think people just expect the change to happen immediately, much like the after effect of last year's draft when two Raw stars challenged two Smackdown guys and expect one to win the title.

But it would make sense with Cena retaining and losing to Punk at JD. I think they would want to keep the titles from being a hot potato. Additionally, it could add to Edge really getting really beaten up that he can't beat Cena and can't get the title but CM Punk can! I think I read on an article a while back on the main site reading that Punk teased the idea of cashing at JD.

But I didn't realise it will be 3 weeks til JD...god WWE really needs to cut down on the amount of PPVs had.

These are my two favourite wrestlers so I may be a little biased when I say this is the match I am most looking forward to. Yes it's a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a repeat of a repeat..... but the two never fail to entertain.

In a match where durability is a factor, Cena can't lose. Nothing can put him down for a ten count. However, Edge needs the win more. I am slightly torn but I'll go with Cena winning.

This would then push Punk as the "saviour of Smackdown" cashing in at Judgement day versus Cena whilst Edge is the "failure of Smackdown" who then helps Punk win the match as redemption leading to a Punk Edge feud. Cena can quitely leave the WHC scene and return to Raw with credibility and pushing for the WWE leading eventually to him vs Orton at 'Mania.

Guys every thing can happen in the WWE

in clouding this :

Maby after arealy tough great and a hardcore match between cena and edge
cena gets the win, but then CM PUNKS music hits and he is cashing the case
and it becomes officialy Cena vs Cm Punk ...then cm punk pins cena after the GTS
and here u go ... New world heavyweight champion CM Punk ....
what do u guys think about this 1 ?
and srry for my bad english :p

I really dont wanna see CM Punk anywhere near the Main Event Picture, but by Judgement Day, it really looks that way. As for the Match, Cena could win, but Edge can win too. Cena needs to win because its a last man standing match, while Edge needs to win because he is slippin from tha Top Spot of Smackdown very quickly. But I really dont wanna see Edge a 9x champ, so I want Cena to win

Cena wins. I think it's simple. It's a match where you have to incapacitate your opponent for a 10-count. Superman Cena barely takes a 3-count in a match, let alone a 10-count against a cowardly heel in Edge. If Cena was facing a fellow Superman in HHH, it would be more of a toss-up. But there is sadly not a chance he loses a match like this to Edge.

Defenders of doing Cena vs Edge yet again on PPV really have to take into consideration that unless WWE is offering something new to its fanbase, there are a huge portion of fans that simply won't order the event.

For example, we have seen Edge wrestle Cena numerous times on PPV over the years, and a countless number of times on WWE TV over the years. And I am not bluffing when I say that I am not ordering this event because Edge and Cena have been done to death already. I am tired of paying for a WWE product that is simply on cruise control and the foot has gone down.

You know what, I'm pumped for this match. Call me an idiot, but this match is more interesting than any other match that occurred at Wrestlemania, with the possible exception of the Undertaker vs Shawn Michaels. These two are golden every time they work together. And their feud without a doubt in my mind, has been the best feud within the entire WWE for the past 3 years now. As Cena said in his promo on WWE Superstars, these two made each others careers, and it really is a great story.

Man, was it just me or were the promos that Edge and Cena gave this week were absolutely freaking awesome? THAT is why these two men are two of the best superstars of the current roster. Screw Shawn and Taker's repetitive promos, these two men wiped the floor with their promos this week. Edge gave a great promo saying that if he loses this match, he's got nothing left. And you know what, if Edge loses this match, what the hell is he going to do? I'm a Cena and a CM Punk fan, but I think Edge needs to win this match.

Edge should renew his feud with Jeff Hardy, over the WWE Championship. It's hard. I want Cena to retain and Punk to cash in on Triple H's title, but I really, really can't see it happening. Instead, I see Triple H and Edge winning again *yawn*. But, the match result isn't on my mind, because I just want to see these two beat the living daylights out of each other one more time. It will be the match of the night, and it will steal the show.

The World Title are both being passed around like a couple of ****es, so part of me wants the champions to retain. But I don't think Smackdown can survive without a major world title on the show. An Edge vs Jeff Hardy feud just won't be that interesting if the World Title isn't on the line. I could even see a draw happening where both men aren't able to get up before a 10 count. But Edge needs this a lot more than what Cena does. Even though it will make Cena's win at Wrestlemania look rather pointless, I think Edge will walk out of Backlash as the World Heavyweight Champion.

I am SO looking forward to this match. It will be awesome. Will Cena win? Will Edge win? Will Punk cash in on whoever wins? Will something else random that no one is expecting, happen instead?

For some reason I feel like something really unpredictable is going to happen during or after this match. Either way, it's going to be awesome since Cena and Edge always have good matches.

I hope Cena wins, but I'm ok with Edge winning too.
_

I'm tired of Edge winning the title and dropping it every 2-3 months. It makes him look incredibly weak, especially since he never wins it clean. This time he has Big Show finish off Cena...the same Big Show who was caught kissing Vickie a month or so ago and is now on the same show as Vickie. That makes a whole lot of sense. That makes how many world titles for Edge in the last 3 years...9? Damn, not even HHH has that much and everyone bitches about him holding the title.

What an awesome match. From good slow paced phsycology to start, to brawling all over the arena, to the battle of the mega spots to close, just a fun, good match. I really cant find anything bad to say about it, honestly, although I wouldve liked a lack of a big phony explosion when cena crashed through the spotlight. Wasnt necessary, and made the spot have a certain amount of hokeyness. the glass shattering wouldve been well enough.

Grade : A

i liked this match a lot. It was totally brutal and got into strong style at the end. However, I wasn't wild on the ending. The Conchairto should have ended it. Edge looks brutal, he's finally put over Cena clean, and it means big Show is allowed to move away from this angle so that it dies once and for all. As for the match itself, I loved all but the last minute. Great match and definitely worth watching.

I thought it was ok at best. Like most Last Man Standing matches it was move, 8 count, move, 8 count, high spot, 9 count. I got bored of it.

The ending was ok, but I think the chair shot was more than enough. I thought him getting up undermined the concept. The spotlight ending looked good but I thought it was a bit silly.

Yay, Big Show vs. Cena, no wait, that will be shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back