• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What's your favorite version of D-Generation X?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
[youtube]uNi88ehpWUE[/youtube]

The Original D-Generation X
(members: Triple H, HBK. Chyna, Rick Rude)
DX formed at the WWE One Night Only PPV in Birmingham England when Chyna, Rude & Hunter helped Shawn win the European Championship from The British Bulldog. They feuded with The Hart Foundation which ended at the '97 Survivor Series with the Montreal Screwjob. After winning their feud with with the Hart Foundation and the capture of both the WWE Championship and European Championship the became the biggest stable in the WWE. They Even had a INY: PPV named after them.

[youtube]hX8qFjR7S0Y&[/youtube]
(NSFW)

DX Army (members: Triple H, Chyna, X-Pac & The New Age Outlaws ['Road Dogg' Jesse James & 'Bad Ass' Billy Gunn])
This version formed as a result of Triple H getting full control of DX after HBK left the WWE due to back problems. He recruted X-Pac and the NAO. They were firt billed as Heels but quickly became fan favorites. They had huge feuds with The Rock & The Nation as well as Vince McMahon & The Corporation. this version of DX gives us some of the most remebered and talked about segments of the attiitude Era

[youtube]nD5FrCVfg3s&[/youtube]
[youtube]eYkGzXNRlZY&[/youtube]
[youtube]nEnHCwXD-BA[/youtube]

DX the Tag Team years (members: Triple H & HBK)
This version of DX came about when both Triple H & HBK were being tormented by Mr. McMahon so they wanted to get back at him. They feuded with the Spirit Squad and when that didn't get rid of DX Vince, his son Shane & The Big Show tried to get rid of them. They had there infamous 3 on 2 HIAC match and DX still managed to win. There last feud was with Edge & Randy Orton, Rated RKO. This feud and DX ended when Triple H tore his quad in a tag Team match.

[youtube]gbFmyUjQcEM&[/youtube]
[youtube]ioL-LTVe4-8&[/youtube]

My take and Favorite
Original: They had attitude before the Attitude Era came to the WWE and the people ate it up. sorry I don't have more

DX Army: They were the best and most talked about incarnation of DX. they had some of the best feuds and matches of the Attitude Era. The fact that they had my favorite Tag Team doesn't hurt either.

DX the Tag team Years: Meh I liked it but it didn't really do it for me. WWE was starting to go PG so they couldn't be as edgey as the Original DX or the DX Army were. Add to that the fact that Shawn is a born again christian and it really gets watered down.

My favorite is the DX Army pretty much for the reasons I put up there.

Nice thread!

But you missed out a couple DX versions...

DX minus HHH - The sucky version with X-Pac, Road Dogg, Kane and Billy Gunn (on/off)

[youtube]i5p5T25sFvE[/youtube]

The reunited heel DX
- When DX reformed to help keep the title on HHH. Personally I really liked this version, and wish it lasted longer than it did. This was a more realistic heel run for them

[youtube]Wdv7UjyNiuI[/youtube]

The McMahon-Helmslet Faction DX - When DX became "corporate" and merged with Vince, Shane, Stephanie, Briscoe and Patterson and added Tori

[youtube]JOl3dRHI7-4[/youtube]

Regardles...my favourite version was the DX army. They were entertaining, bad ass and gave us the best moments of the Attitude era. This was due in part to the increasing popularity of the nWo IMO

Nice thread!

But you missed out a couple DX versions...

DX minus HHH - The sucky version with X-Pac, Road Dogg, Kane and Billy Gunn (on/off)

[youtube]i5p5T25sFvE[/youtube]
I didn't add this beacause they did suck.
The reunited heel DX - When DX reformed to help keep the title on HHH. Personally I really liked this version, and wish it lasted longer than it did. This was a more realistic heel run for them

[youtube]Wdv7UjyNiuI[/youtube]
oops, no one is perfect.
The McMahon-Helmslet Faction DX - When DX became "corporate" and merged with Vince, Shane, Stephanie, Briscoe and Patterson and added Tori

[youtube]JOl3dRHI7-4[/youtube]
IMO they stopped being when they started up The McMahon-Helmsley Era and joined up with McMahon no matter what theme they used or if they had DX in their name which is why I didn't add this one in.

People canchoose any of these if they want to though

DX army. I always thought they were very entertaining. I could give reasons but I think those videos speak for themselves.

I didn't mind the McMahon-Helmsley DX either. I kind of liked the massive stable trying to keep the belt on trips. I remember hating them so much back then, so I suppose they did their job.

DX Army was awesome with their invasion on WCW and what not, but the original with HHH, HBK, Rude, and Chyna were the best. The crude over the top stuff like shoving a sausage in the Sarge's face was the shit. I remember they cut one promo when they used the word *********e like 20 times. As a 16 or 17 year old at the time I loved it!

How could anyone not like when the NOA would come out. Their entrance was better that most ever...OH, YOU DIDN'T KNOW??? YOUR ASS BETTER CCCCAAAALLLLLLLL SOMEBODY!!!!
Seriously, once DX became faces they were so much fun to watch. Their skits about the Nation were priceless.
The reunion of Trips and HBK would have been good if it didn't go against what HBK believed in. It made their gags a little less funny.

my favorite is the original.. i loved DX when they were heel.. DX Army would be my second choice, obviously, they were very entertaining.. i loved every minute of it.. and out of the other versions, i'd go with the McMahon-Helmsley DX.. they were pretty lame without triple h and when they brought Kane into it and of course the reunion a few years ago sucked, they did some stuff that made me laugh, but it just wasn't the same :(

Possibly the most underrated version of Degeneration X has to be a recent stable sized group. It was one night only however, but the lasting effects of it still shines in the WWE. Of course I am talking about the massive Degeneration X involving Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Great Khali, Hornswoggle, and The Boogeyman.

[youtube]rWH-JIn7S2A[/youtube]
[youtube]o4lc2bKcObw[/youtube]

I know that The Boogeyman is no longer with the company, due to his interactions with the man known as Booker T, the other two members, The Great Khali and Hornswoggle, I believe still have their jobs due to this clique with Triple H. Also obvious is The Coach, who is no longer with the company. Reason? Just like Bret HArt, he went against the Clique, and was given the ol Heave Ho.

The Dx army was the best because of entertainment value alone. The Nation Promo was one of the funniest i have ever seen. the Harts were pretty good one to. they seemed to be more cohesive back then. everybody knew what they were doing and what there role was.

My nest favorite was The 2006 version. how can that suck. yeah it was a little watered down. but the impersination of the Mcmahons was gold. as well as the shit being dumped on their heads. How about the midget spirit squad that and the "breast" cheerleaders ever. or how about the BBQ outside with the production truck hijacking. Coach on camara getting pissed on by vince was great or Vince talking to himself. how about the penis pump or the strippers. or Mikey kissing HHH ass. i can name tons of moments but the best was the Headquarters, Airplane, and the Limo all classic DX. they were making me laugh my ass off. its a shame it ended with HHH getting injured

The DX Army was simply the best since it was during the attitude era and it was perfect.All other incarnations after that one have been horrible and should be buried six-feet under.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back