The DX Army

TheGreatSPAMbino

Getting Noticed By Management
Ok so a while ago i made a thread concerning the NWo and what a modern incarnation would look like. This thread is very similar to that, and also much more realistic.

After WrestleMania 14 Triple H cut a promo on RAW saying he would form the DX Army after Shawn Michaels left the WWF. He proceeding to re-invent DX will some new members(X-Pac and the New Age Outlaws). If this same sort of thing were to be done today who do you think would make a cool new version of the DX Army. You can create a DX faction for Raw lead by shawn michales or a DX faction on smackdown lead by Triple H or hell you can create a DX with both triple h and shawn michaels as well as 'entertainers' from both 'brands'.

NO! Whenever an old idea is done again it usually either sucks hardcore or the fans never accept it because they loved the original better. DX was brought back in 2006 and was lamer than anything. Even if HHH or HBK weren't in it, I don't think it could live up to the hype of the old DX and even if it was half good people would still be comparing and complaining. I just think DX should stay dead and if they want a new faction than make up one. The only reason why the WWE would even bother using the DX name is because of the name value and because of the merchandise. So I don't think that would be a good idea, personally.

I never said it would be a good idea to bring it back and i personally would opt not to bring it back but i was merely asking who in wrestling today would fit into a DX hypothetically. Also, your argument is flawed because you acknowledge that DX has substaintial name power and merchandise value which is a good thing.

The only thing about the faction that would be it's name and the value it would bring. But bringing back with people other than HBK or HH would most likely hurt the overall name value and would eventually make the name useless and unable to sell merchandise regardless. Maybe their would be buzz, but after a few weeks everyone would bitch & complain that this version wasn't a good as the original(just like everyone bitched about 2006 DX). And you asked who we thought would make a good fit and I just replied that nobody would because they couldn't live to the hype. But if hypothetically speaking HBK were to make a Raw version I could see Priceless, Manu, & CM Punk. The priceless stable because they have the right cocky attitude needed for DX & Punk because he needs a push and he could easily be the up in comer that eventually takes over(ala HHH).

A DX Army in today's WWE would not be able to function properly and would only serve to even further ruin the legacy of DX. One acronym for ya; PG.

Heck, they bleeped out "Suck It!" both in the DX WCW Invasion clip and the actual intro for DX on Monday's Raw. D-Generation X is all about rebelling against authority and all that. King and Michael Cole referred to the recent stuff that the HHH/HBK tag team incarnation of DX has pulled in the past "shenanigans", like they were the damn Little Rascals. It just could not happen.

Just for kicks, in a completely preferable world where it COULD happen, it'd either have to be Kennedy, MVP or John Morrison as the leader of a modern DX army. Someone who's something special in the ring and can bring it on the mic, at least, is important for any leader of a faction.

For members...I could easily see The Brian Kendrick, The Miz and maybe even Mike Knox. It really depends on whether or not you want the lovable funny rebel face DX Army of Road Dogg and Billy Gunn or a heel type one. I'd like to see the first choice, of course. That is one thing I miss from the old days...the abundance of tweeners. Today, Holly is the only one that comes to mind as far as tweeners are concerned. Either way, I doubt it'd get over well since old ideas rehashed often suck and it would of course have to have a completely new name. With the right people, it could be good. But of course, it won't happen until or rather if WWE throw the panic switch and quit the PG crap.

No I will not make a modern day DX ever. The originals will never be duplicated no matter what. WWE has also changed their rating to PG which is one reason DX will never be again. DX's legacy is for being dirty, cursing, and performing sexual things, and if WWE did that again it would never be even close to the popularity the originals had. It would be to big a rip off and no fans would like them. They will never be remade, and it would be a disgrace to their legacy if it was ever remade. Another reason I won't attempt this is because no one on the roster would be able to be believable in doing this. No one has the right look or anything that the orginals did. I would never even think about another DX nor will I attempt to make what a modern day DX would be.

the major problem with Degenration X, is because Generation Xers are now a bunch of middle age/over the hill people that if they started to act like a bunch of teenagers, the stupidty of the angle would be mind boggling.

DX was fun in 1997, because it was edgy, and a head of it's time. It had a guy in his late 20's, and another in his early 30's acting like a bunch of college frat guys. It worked, Michaels still had a full head of hair and a pissy attitude, and Hunter Hearst Helmsely was always easy to hate back then.

Redoing DX, again, would be borderline pathetic at this point. Both have moved on, way beyond that DX. You can't capture lightning in a bottle twice without burning your hand badly, let DX die.

If this where to happen i doubt many people would find it intresting and appealing, if there was a chance of this happning and for these gusy to perform a "faction" the guys i'd put in it would be:

Triple H and Shawn Michaels (obviously)
MVP
Edge
Randy Orton

I'd put MVP in that faction because i think his cockyness and his charisma would work well with the others. MVp has imense talent and if the DX faction was created say in a month he'd be my first pick because he fits so well into it.

Edge would be my second choice if he stays heel, if Edge was in this faction that would be one hell of a faction. His great mic skills and his wonderful abiltiy to act as if he is psycho would work extrememly well in a group poulated with faces apart from MVP.

Randy Orton would be my third choice, but as a face. Even though he has never been face before he could still benefit this group in many ways. He has good wrestling ability and mic skills and much like Edge can act very well.

So of course i'm living in a complete fantasy World and almost thinking this could happen in a month but how practical could the faction be? Will it be made soon or what? Do we need a faction in the WWE at the moment seeing as TNA have one?

Anyway those were my random thoughts and inductees into the Dx faction. Although like i said earlier i doubt many would find another DX reunion intresting

If anything I think it would be HHH creating a new group. His first choice would have to be a bodyguard, Mark Henry. Few people could beat that man up. I think one of his first choices would be a tag team, maybe Morrisson and the Miz, yeah they just had a feud with DX, but you need a tag team. Then you have to have someone who would be his successor down the road and while Randy Orton would be an excellent right hand man, he would not like playing second fiddle.So maybe Kozlov. Then add Santino Marella and Beth Phoenix.

For the sake of things , I'm going to ake my own new DX. First i'd start off with Shawn Michaels. He's a legend in the WWE and founded the original DX. Next i'd go with CM Punk. He supposed to be a big star in the WWE right now but he lacks direction. He would fit in perfectly in a new DX. Next i'd go with Evan Bourne. He's a great young talent that is over with the fans. Now he just has to get a good gimmick to launch him to the top of the WWE. DX could be that gimmick. For my last member of the stable i would pick Kofi Kingston. It just makes sense. He's already tag team champions with CM Punk. So just give him a attitude and make him drop the Jamacian accent.

If they used this idea it would give alot of young guys a good push. The only reason Shawn Michaels is in their is because of his association with the old DX. If they used this angle right all of the people involved would come out as more popular and overall better preformers. They could call it "DX:Revolution" or something like that. I'd have them drop the green theme and go with a different color , Maybe red. This would give them their own identity outside of the old DX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back