What's the Point?

Somebody tell me why so many people are jumping onto this bandwagon of answering questions from all-comers? I don't get it -- do you really think it's going to help you? Harthan's thread was just him and KB shooting the shit, Milenko ran himself into about 16 different corners, and J4L proved just about nothing. You're not actually answering any questions, but let's just put that aside -- what questions are there out there that you actually have to answer? I can think of one: Why are you fit to win this election?

Thus far, I've seen one or two guys actually give a concrete answer. Half the people in this election are just in it to go through the motions, just because they want to try to connect on that last-ditch Hail Mary. I get it, hell, I respect it. If you're willing to devote time to moderating, more power to you... but don't waste everybody's time if you KNOW you're just in this for shits. There's a tier of people that ACTUALLY fit the criteria, at least somewhat, they're the people everybody wants to see. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to see [Generic Candidate 101] run up a wall trying to convince us that he's for it, commitment is half the battle, but if you legitimately can't back any of that up... what's the point?

I've said it before and I'll say it again -- I think I stand a chance. Coco has rabid support, the ABC Party has lots of members (I still think their voter turnout will STUN them), Harthan's a former mod, etc. There's some solid contenders in this thing, but I think I'm one of the best in this contest. I post consistently, I post quality, and I'm willing to put the time in. I'm running for Wrestling mod, because I care about those sections and I can be a solid contributor. I'm not going to give you empty promises, because in my year and a half on these forums, I've done lots of stuff, had lots of fun, but I've also contributed quite a bit. Over that time, I gained an understanding of what a moderator needs to know, of what he needs to do. Any single trained monkey can press two buttons and randomly delete posts and whatnot, what separates me from those people and puts me past that is my judgement. All the moderators understand what it takes and I think I do too.

Being a moderator isn't about the bold name, it's not about being "better" than anybody -- I understand that now. Being a moderator is about going out and doing a job, about keeping this place running smoothly. Lots of people don't understand this. I guarantee that some of the people running in this election just want a seat at the big boy's table, they feel entitled to have it... they've got it all wrong. This is a job, one that I am more than ready to do. I want to step into the Wrestling sections, wherever KB and Slyfox see fit (if I win) and do my job. You have to keep the section clean, you have to sift through spam and whatnot, but you HAVE to keep the section running. You have to be able to differentiate between what should and should not be in your section and that is MUCH harder than it seems. Harthan and I had a discussion about this very thing, but you have to be able to differentiate between what should or should not be in your section. It's not all about posting a lot, but it's also not about ruling with an iron fist. I get that, I honestly think I have a solid combination of traits to be a moderator. I'm not just some random regular in the Wrestling sections, I'm a guy who is always working to do his best.

That's my two cents. I answered just about every question I should in one simple post. I don't need to waste your time and beat around the bush, I got straight to it. I appreciate that the other candidates all tried to get their information out there, from all the parties, I really do. It told me a lot about who wants to win this and who treats this as a joke, I'm sure I'm not the only one, either.

Funny you say that and laugh at a list of actual work I did to a section as opposed to just saying what I would do.

I guarantee that some of the people running in this election just want a seat at the big boy's table, they feel entitled to have it... they've got it all wrong.

Are you saying that is wrong that they feel entitled to the seat because they do not deserve it or feeling entitled in general is bad. I think feeling entitled is ok because if the title of being mod is deserving theirs they should not be in the running. I have seen multiple candidates use it in a negative way (and I am not sure if you are), but I am not sure if I would want a moderator that does not believe that being a moderator is their right because of their superior ability. I see you said that it it not about being "better" than anybody, but shouldn't the mods set a higher standard?

I will not be voting for you but I am curious.

You have to be better, certainly, more fit for the job is apt. That being said, it requires work. You can't coast through this and feel "entitled" to the job, you do have to earn it.

EDIT: I see the "better" part you're referring to. What I meant was that having a bold name doesn't make you better, the bold name isn't special, it's not for show. That's what I meant. People have said that people just want the bold name for ass-kissing, know what I mean? Moderating isn't about that.

Why do you think your party is going to stay a cohesive unit while the ABC party will not?

I don't know that we'll stay together, I just see a huge difference between us and ABC. ABC has great candidates, but someone (whether it's Ba-Bomb, or whomever) will get bitter when they lose. In a party of that size, with THAT many candidates, it's more likely that there will be issues.

It's no sure thing, I'm just saying.

Funny you say that and laugh at a list of actual work I did to a section as opposed to just saying what I would do.

"Vote for Killjoy because he looks for shit out of place."

That was your reason. No fuckin' wonder I laughed.

But can't you feel entitled the "job" because of what you do to "earn" it. Again, this is really has little to do with any "issues" that you could cover to strengthen your campaign, I am just tired of the false humility I have seen in the campaign. Of course I also don't like the false sense of entitlement most everyone else has. Really I don't seem to like much.

I don't know that we'll stay together, I just see a huge difference between us and ABC. ABC has great candidates, but someone (whether it's Ba-Bomb, or whomever) will get bitter when they lose. In a party of that size, with THAT many candidates, it's more likely that there will be issues.

It's no sure thing, I'm just saying.

All I am noticing is that there has been no infighting in the ABC party yet and I can't say the same for this party.

Talking about the potential for in-fighting is likely to produce reactionary unity in the ABC Party. If you're smart, you'll all shut up about the in-fighting.

I think the "when will the ABC party implode" angle has been the talking point of the election. Too bad it won't live up to the hype. Because it won't happen.

Look even Coco has started realizing that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back