What Wrestler have you loved or hated, then changed your opinion with a turn?

KillBill

Getting Noticed By Management
I've seen threads for superstars you hated, or loved. I posted one for who should have a heel/face turn. I thought of this one after what I saw from Khali. All I used to see on youtube comments for his matches were Khali sux, bad this, bad that etc. Now I see the video of him turning face and everyone is like, "oh I love Khali, he's great". I didnt really care before, but this is kinda cool, and hes likeable in a weird way. Who else was someone that was like that, you loved him, or hated him, and then a turn made you feel differently. You can also include greatest turns in history if you like. The ones that come to mind for me are The Rock. Didnt care for him as heel, but the face turn I loved. Kanes first face turn, when he helped Austin, that was great. Hogan I loved as face, but heel...ehhh. It was great though. Austins heel turn against the Rock made me stop liking him for a while. I like HHH more as a heel. I liked Bret Hart when he turned heel, it was diffrent and great timing. HBK I like either way. Theres many more, but you guys can chime in.

There really is only one in my mind. That would be Hulk Hogan.

As a kid I used to cheer my little heart out for Hulk Hogan. I watched him defend old glory, and I saw him tell people to "Say your prayers, and Take your vitamins." I saw him come over to WCW and finally feud with Ric Flair. Then at Bash At The Beach 1996 Hogan did the unthinkable. he turned on the fans and told them to "Stick It" I remember tears were shed in both the crowd and by myself at home. Truly a sad, yet revolutionary turn. Since then I have never loved Hogan half as much as I did before that turn.

John Cena, when he first rapped I loved him.

Then I began to hate him on RAW because he was immature in his promos and he has like seven moves.

But now I like Cena, because I was at SummerSlam when he got injured, but he still finished the match. That earned him alot of respect in my book.

That is what changed me about him.

I'd have to go with Edge. Originally he was like a tweener and never really stood out, then he and Christian left the Brood and they were ok i guess, and then they turned heel and they both reaked of awesomeness, then they split up and Edge went back to being face and was very vanilla. Back then i would never have considered that Edge would escape the mid-card tier.

Then he turned full heel and became one of the best heels in the last 10 years and while i'm not exactly an Edge mark, i still recognise his excellent credentials.

Randy Orton. In his first run I don't know if it was because he was new or just because he is an asshole in real life but I hated his face run. I found him bland and overated. But once he turned heel and his true self was exposed I ate it up. Orton is now one of my favorites and I love the cocky attitude. Orton's heel turn came off natural unlike the forced, bland, and boring face persona. I just think it is easier for "us" to like heels because we hate good guys who always do the right thing and because the good guys just come off as bland and un-interesting, unlike heels.

I have a few that I can't decide between.

Randy Orton: I used to absolutely hate the guy during his evolution days, and even for a while after he got kicked out. Now i'm a hugh mark for the guy. Everytime he comes to the ring i pay even more attention then i already was, and I love his matches for some reason.

Edge: Before his injury I never really payed much attention to him. I always just saw him as a filler. Then when he came back and I started watching him and paying more attention to him I saw how great he truly is. His mic skills are awesome because he brings so much intensity, and his in ring skills are pretty good to.

cm Punk: His first few matches I loved this guy. Even enough to call him the future of the business. Then after a few months I really started to see how bland and unappealing his matches were. I just got very bored when he came on and when he got the title it just sealed his fate in my book. Now i hardly pay any attention to half his matches.

Those are the 3 superstars I've grown to love and hate.

Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I loved him before the Attitude Era. He was great, the toughest SOB around. I cheered when I saw him get involved with the Rock and the Corporation, and I love it even to this day where he comes in and sprays whoever he feels with a nice healthy dosage of beer (loved Maria's wardrobe malfunction, BTW when Santino was sprayed). Austin getting involved with McMahon (who made himself a major heel back then whom I loved to hate), and beating the holy tar out of McMahon when he deserved it.

But the WCW Invasion turn for Austin killed it for me. The whole "What?" and "My watch is tellin' me..." bit was somewhat annoying (but is a staple in his character now), but I remember the belt-whipping he gave Tazz in the ring as setting examples. I unfortunately lost my favoritism for Austin at that point, and I also thought Tazz was a major bitch for letting creative take him to that low level (and also going back to commentary).

Although Austin is back to his old self, I still don't have the same enjoyment for Austin like I did in the Attitude days.

Mine's The Undertaker, I used to love him in the Ministry day's, I loved how dark his character was, I loved the whole "cult leader" gimmick, Because he had become more than "rest in piece", He's better than that, Then he disappeared after the first blood match with Austin.

He came back as the American Badass, And again I absolutely loved it, He played a sort of Hogan character without being patronizing, I loved most of the fued's he had during this time, With hogan, Austin, Cena, and Brock Lesnar, In this era of The Undertaker, The American badass evolved into the "Big evil", And this was especially good as this brought on most of his great fued during this time.

And then he went and got buried alive, And ever since he returned at Wrestlemania to face kane, I thought he was just a water down version of his first gimmick, Without that curtain something, I couldnt tell you what it was, But he didnt seem as evil, He never visited the graveyard or anything like that, So I just fell off the bandwagon, And even now I dont think he is a patch on ANY heel he has played.

John Cena - I used to absolutely hate Cena. Only 3 or 4 moves, and talk no action. But now they show his history for his Survivor Series return, and he played a good match at Summerslam. I'm becoming a bit more fond of him.

Randy Orton - Wait, no, I still hate him LOL

Santino - I absolutely hated him as IC champ when he was a face and I thought it was such an incredible waste of my time to watch it. His "feuds" with Umaga and Masters were ridiculous. Now that he's turned heel, he's much more enjoyable, and even though I'd still rather see the IC belt being defended like a legitimate title instead of more like a prop in a comedy segment, the heel Santino is leagues above the face Santino.

Edge - Hated him back when he was first becoming a main-eventer. Then again, I was much more of a casual fan then. I love him now. He is the best heel in the last decade. Easily.

John Cena - I thought it was cool to hate John Cena. About a month ago though, I really started to read things posted about him and stuff. I really started to respect the guy and he's become one of my favorites now.

Randy Orton - Used to hate him. Now I love him. Simple.

The Undertaker - This guy was one of my favorites up until a few months ago. Then I realized how bland, boring, and unrealistic this guy is. His matches are mediocre at best and he really needs to let someone go over him sometime. Blech.

The Great Khali - Ever since he screemed at the phone during McMahon's Million Dollar Mania, I've greatly enjoyed everything about Khali.

There's more.. A lot more. I'm just tired of typing.

Carlito - terrible face, amazing heel as an arogant jerk that gets beat down on occasion.
Shelton - same as above
Kane- as a face is just terrible

While not a "turn" as such, I lost my every bit of fandom for Kane when he lost his mask and it's only gone downhill since then. It completely killed his character forever. He's never been a fantastic in-ring worker and his promos are cheesy as hell (not that there's anything wrong with cheese...well, unless it's roqueforte) but it basically clicked with the mask character. Now his legacy is being disgraced on a weekly basis. I respect the hell outta the guy for being a class act that allows other talent to go over him with regular intervals, but jeez, think about yourself for a change!

Another one that comes to mind is Orton. I completely hated the guy as a face in the early days. He just wasn't the face kind of guy with his deep (I quote Jericho) and robotic Randy Orton voice. It just failed so miserably. When he gradually turned heel, his character started functioning properly. May WWE never turn him face again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back