• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sheamus' face turn..

The Future Rises

Thinking Of A New Name..
Sheamus, a guy who, IMO, needs a good face turn in the very near future, this thread idea came to me when I was reading some house show results from Dublin, Ireland, and the word is that Sheamus worked a pretty good face against a heel Daniel Bryan with Gail Kim, and after the match Sheamus would get a mic and tell the Irish fans how he loved them, maybe they were testing a face turn or just making him play a home town hero, honestly I think think they were doing both, now what I think is that a face turn is needed and IMO it can also put him back in the ME level, so my questions to you are these :

- Would You Like To See A Sheamus Face Turn?

- If So, Then How Would You Book It?

Sheamus as a face is far from impossible.

He has, of course, several factors that almost automatically cast him as a heel. A) He is a foreigner. That means he is EVIL!! (aaah, good old xenophobia)
B) He looks DIFFERENT. Different = Worthy of mocking. Ask any first grader.
B1) He talks different. Same as with the looks.

But now that he has been in the WWE for a while and the audience has gotten used to him, a faceturn is in the cards. It might work out well for him, seeing as he is pretty badass.

If babyface Sheamus can win the WWE championship, I don't know. But it's not like heel Sheamus is anywhere near the WWE title right now, either. So I would say it's worth a try.

Completely agreed. The heel he came in as or even that we was at this point last year is not there. I think you see it in the near future. He's grown as a performer so much since his start IMO he could do a face turn very smoothly.

i think he cud play a good face. turn him face against dibiase mabye?dibiase cud lose 2 bryan then after the match dibiase beats the shit out of bryan. he cud come sprinting out and make the save and say that he respects bryan 4 puttin up such a good fite. then that cud lead 2 a three way fued with sheamus vs bryan vs dibiase?

i think he cud play a good face. turn him face against dibiase mabye?dibiase cud lose 2 bryan then after the match dibiase beats the shit out of bryan. he cud come sprinting out and make the save and say that he respects bryan 4 puttin up such a good fite. then that cud lead 2 a three way fued with sheamus vs bryan vs dibiase?

great idea, having Sheamus be all about the respect that kinda reminds me of the American Badass Undertaker, a badass face who is all about respect, and having him save Bryan would remind me of when American Badass Taker saved Cena from Angle and then Orlando Jordan from Cena, I could really see something like that resulting in his face turn

Sheamus as a face is far from impossible.

He has, of course, several factors that almost automatically cast him as a heel. A) He is a foreigner. That means he is EVIL!! (aaah, good old xenophobia)
B) He looks DIFFERENT. Different = Worthy of mocking. Ask any first grader.
B1) He talks different. Same as with the looks.

But now that he has been in the WWE for a while and the audience has gotten used to him, a faceturn is in the cards. It might work out well for him, seeing as he is pretty badass.

If babyface Sheamus can win the WWE championship, I don't know. But it's not like heel Sheamus is anywhere near the WWE title right now, either. So I would say it's worth a try.

I dont know if looking different is the case here, like when Kane first came in he was a freakish monster but they managed to turn him face eventually, and a foreigner with an accent?, just look at Kozlov, and hey the first graders would cheer anybody who is a "good guy", besides he cant stay heel forever that would get him stale and everybody would get tired of him

I definitely think in a landscape with so few credible and threatening faces on the roster that Sheamus turning face would be one of the best things to happen to him and the WWE right now. He is such a badass character, and looks like he can legit kick just about anyones ass on the roster, that I think people are already starting to get behind him. There are many ways to turn him face but my personal choice would be to send him to Smackdown next week in the draft. Have him beginning a title vs title feud against Wade Barrett, which Sheamus would win of course, and become basically the "face" face of Smackdown. Then he could feud with ADR later in the year for the World title.

Nah. I think Sheamus should remain a heel. It is the perfect role for him. Though he should be more of the way he used to be. In comes Sheamus, beats the tar out of his opponent and leaves him laying in the ring like he's done it a thousand times. WWE has tried to make Sheamus too cutesy and it doesn't work. Thus a face turn also would not work.

Sheamus has been an entertaining heel, and I think he has all the right sensibilities to remain an antagonist. The switch to red and blue gear after winning the US Title was an awesome idea, it makes the championship feel more important. I predict he will have a decent long run as US champion, and if the crowd decides to cheer him at some point then turn him face. Don't pull the trigger any sooner on it, it's only a matter of time before the crowd gets familiar with a talent and ends up cheering them out of appreciation.

It's been teased several times including during the Nexxus initial run. The crowd got behind him then. Honestly, when given the right heel to work with, a face run could work for him. He has the look, charisma, and skill to make it as a face. In fact, up until his ECW debut, he worked as a face, so it wouldn't exactly be a new experience for him. The fact that he's a protege of Triple H should tell you that he's being groomed to take that role. I can see him as top face on a brand that Cena isn't on.

if they can turn big guys like kane face they can find a way to make sheamus face. Now that he has dropped to mid card he sems to be more popular than he was when he was heel with a world title around his waist. He could be drafted to smackdown and beat the crap out of the corre or beat up another heel on that brand.

I have a feeling sheamus is gonna have a long winning streak with the american title, However, I do think after this storyline concludes, he might put his career on the line again to win the title back, lose, and be cast out of raw. Only to appear on smackdown the next week to challenge for the IC title or maybe even against whoever holds the world title. However it would depend on his opponent who would obviously have to be heel. I would like to see a Sheamus vs Barret matchup or even vs Del Rio with sheamus coming in as the face since he put his career on the line on raw and lost. I also think Del Rio "the cheat" could mock Sheamus so much that the crowd would get behind the new "honourable" Sheamus. That could easily be used to create pops for sheamus.

Totally agree. I've been preaching about a Sheamus baby turn for some time now. Here's how I'd book it;

Have Sheamus drafted to Smackdown, along with the U.S. title. Give Del Rio the World Title and a lengthy, fairly dominant reign. After a tough U.S. title match, have Sheamus drop the belt to someone worthy(but still look strong). As a dejected Sheamus makes his way up the ramp, Alberto Del Rio comes to the ring for a match. They come face to face after Del Rio exits his car, with Del Rio laughing at the fallen champion. Sheamus takes exception to this, and a little shoving match begins (maybe Sheamus pulls Del Rio's sash and tosses it or something to that effect). Sheamus eventually walks away smirking, and tries to head to the back before getting blindsided by a title belt to the skull. Del Rio, who feels utterly disrespected, puts Sheamus out with an armbar or maybe even a toss through a windshield. Keep Sheamus off of T.V. for a few weeks (maybe even have him grow a full beard or change his look in some other way) only to return during a Del Rio squash victory. I'm seeing Pale Justice onto a BMW. From here Sheamus should become a fierce yet charismatic bad-ass babyface, the perfect fodder to a Del Rio championship. Oy-Oy-Oy!

Eventually, yes, a Sheamus face turn should and will happen.

That being said, now is not the time to pull the trigger. Sheamus is good. Freakishly good. He has mic skills, a good look, and great in ring ability. He's learned great ring psychology very quickly, and has improved immensely as a top heel. The issue? He's still getting better. He has transitioned from feud to feud, each one incredibly different, and was always the best part of the feud. That says something. The fact that he keeps getting better as a heel tends to make me want to hold off on a face turn. For now.

For a face turn, I think the elements should be very simple:

1) Setup a match of some type with Sheamus vs "top face", where Sheamus is representing Michael Cole with something important to Cole on the line.

2) Sheamus loses. Cole gets in his face, a la Jack Swagger. Maybe he slaps Sheamus, spits on him, whatever.

3) Sheamus looks to the crowd, appears to back down, and then wham,nails him with a Brough Kick. Starts pummeling Cole.

4) RAW GM sounds in: If Sheamus hits Cole again he's fired.

5) Sheamus helps Cole up, dusts him off, and looks to make peace, when wham, Brough Kick.

6) Sheamus looks down on Cole, gets real close, camera zooms in and we hear "Well, I guess I'll be seein' ya on Smackdown den, fella."

And we have a new top tier face and a built in feud with one of the guys who gathers the most heel heat and whomever is part of the "Cole Family".

Sheamus Face turn would be amazing! I've kind of wanted it. He is a unique character. Plus, his heel character is getting stale.

The guy could use the bad ass gimmick. Everybody loves an Irish man who wants to fight anyone in the building.

First and foremost. We have to wait after the draft. The reason why, is there is a good chance that Orton or Cena will go to SmackDown. Which would be a good thing I might add.

After having one of those guys leave, give Sheamus the Number one contender. Have him go after the Miz. The Miz can get Sheamus over as a face.

I think Sheamus can show that Face rage against heels that can get people behind him. Plus he has that dark side to him to. That dark side that Batman has. You know. A fall this high won't kill a man. "I Wasn't planning on killing you." Then drops him. That's the kind of face I like.

I'd like a face Sheamus, if only because cheering a heel makes me get too aware of the product. I think he could do a very good take on Finlay's Irish bruiser looking for a fight, or something akin to what XxFuture-World-ChampsxX mentioned. I'd like to see him do it on Smackdown though. :shrug:

This was done in FCW, before he turned up on ECW. It worked out well for him!! I think this will work out well.

I have been saying this for a while. There are far too many heels right now and Sheamus is one who is somewhat being wasted. (although since his US championship win he's gotten back some of his main event time)

I personally hated him the most out of anyone at first but eventually since his losing streak, I've gotten to like him more and more. And he will easily get the fans behind him if he goes against another heel like when he was backing up Cena against Nexus at one point. Drafting him to Smackdown with a face turn could be perfect for him.

Why when something doesn't work it's all about turning the individual face or heel? Why can't he stay heel and they come up with some original creative things or him to do? I'm not saying I have the answers but in a world (or universe) where quite a few of the main eventers have played both roles, why can't one of the younger newer guys just stay heel his entire career? I mean in real life if he was a bad guy at heart, he wouldn't just change his ways (slowly but surely they are killing orton this way). It would be good to see someone just play heel his entire career. Turning people just to see how they'd fair is sometimes not worth the risk (see kane...although I did enjoy the beginning of his turn). Instead of "sheamus is boring, turn him face" and "miz could really be over as a face, turn him" how about thinking up new ways for them to develo their heel personas giving them more dimensions. The only turns I agree with are Cena (can pull heel off) and morrison (can't pull face off, too arrogant).

Ye I was actually at that show in Dublin and the pop that Sheamus got was HUGE and Bryan got booed out of the buildind and Sheamus picked up the mic and ''It's great to be home!And this is to you the greatest country in the world!I love ya!''Bryan didn't loo very comfortable either because he tried to get a positive reaction from the crowd but got booed but I heard Bryan was a great heel back in Ring of Honor!And I heard Sheamus got positive reactions in other venues around the UK so yeah I definately think he could be a face.

I've thought of this a few times, but in actually looking at sheamus more outside of the WWE he looks like a pretty down to earth irish man. He dosen't need some uber irish gimmick, give him an every day irish gimmick. But let him be himself, he seems like just a giant dude with a big heart. Have him run around in that Drivers cap I allways seem to see him wearing outside of the ring, and have him just doing normal stuff. Just play him off as a hardworker, have him go back to his "irish roots". It's really not that hard of a book, and I could see him having some really good matches now with other faces and a few heels.

I've thought of this a few times, but in actually looking at sheamus more outside of the WWE he looks like a pretty down to earth irish man.

outside of the WWE he seems like a pretty fun dude, but the best thing for him to do is to play an Irish Badass Face who is looking for respect just like the American Badass Undertaker, that character would seriously go over with the crowd of all ages as a face(kids cheer every babyface)

Sheamus was an uber face ala hogan, cena etc for his early career in irish whip wrestling (defunct irish promotion). he played the roll of honourable celtic warrior brilliantly, (feuding with drew mcintyre ) so it wouldnt be a completely new roll for him. he is going to be turned to be turned face sometime in the next 12 months i think but i hope its done slowly and gradually. i like the idea of the afore mentioned badass persona, he could play it brilliantly.

SHEAMUS IS THE REAL DEAL

Woah woah woah your jumping the gun way to fast, WWE Stars if they are heel or not always get cheered for in their hometown, Wade Barret got cheered for as well during the tour its because their in their hometown and thats it. Sure Sheamus has falling quickly into the midcard but its only because he quickly went to main card and eventually crashed and he doesnt need to turn face so fast, he is in midcard now and he can slowly work his way back up.

A year or so ago, I said that Sheamus has the potential to be the next big face of the company; even the next Stone Cold. With WWE going slightly less "PG" (e.g. R-Truth puffing a cigarette on what's meant to be a PG show), there's a good possibility that Sheamus *could* be the next "badass" of the kind we have not seen in a while. So what if he's foreign? He's Irish FFS and the Irish are our friends! I think Sheamus is a great performer and a unique character. He has earned his corn and after being WWE Champion, he has jobbed quite a few matches to put other superstars over. Sheamus is an Irish badass; a bona-fide ass-kicker and even as face, he wouldn't need to pander to the crowd like Cena does (he could go on as a tweener).

Sheamus could bring back the ass-kicking, backstage brawling, ring clearing type entertainment that is sorely missed by many of us, the kind of entertainment that Austin used to bring to the table. If WWE are smart, they could use Sheamus in a similar role, but of course not as a replacement for Stone Cold.

So I think a Sheamus face turn would be a potentially great thing. WWE is kind of short of top faces right now, especially with Edge just retiring, so there's definitely opportunity there for someone like Sheamus to grab.

From a roster standpoint I can understand it. I think any one who is on the roster can turn heel or face at anytime. I'm not sure that him turning face would be a good thing. Some performers just don't register with an audience as a fan favourite. If he became face he might become just another bland face on the roster. I think his accent, his look might hurt him in that regard. I think the fact he was dropped off WM, and put into midcard, says to me that WWE is searching for ways to use him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back