What would you do to boost the ratings?

If I was to do changes conservatively, then this is what I'd do...

-Balance Rosters.

For Raw:
-I'd make Mr Kennedy finally jump to main event (winning the gold) and have him going over Triple H after a series of matches where Triple H emerges victorious over him.
-Turn Cena heel, he has potential not to suck so much now that he's not champion. Hell maybe even turn Cryme Tyme into a SERIOUS guys and have them be the equivalent of the Edgeheads.
-Make the IC Belt meaningful, Have HBK win it and defend it, keep Y2J, Cena, JBL, and top guys in the picture, along with midcards like CM Punk, umaga, and burchill. In short, attempt to make it a near world title-like value, but accessible to midcards.
-Make GOOD use of Ted Dibiase, cody rhodes, and DH Smith.

For Smackdown:
-Same as IC belt for the US belt.
-Push MVP to main event. NEEDED BAD.
-Have Finlay fill in a few main event storylines if needed, not necessarily winning the belt though.
-Bring Chris Harris in and push him hard and fast, but properly. He's needed badly.

And more importantly... I'd stop repeating the same matches on PPV over and over again, if needed be more than one draft lottery per year to spice things up, maybe one every 4-6 months.

If above fails and I have to do aggressive changes to the product, then merge all rosters, have three televised shows a week (keeping the same names if they wish), unify world title belts, midcard belts, and Tagteam belts and we might actually have a quality show for a change!

1] Unify the two tag titles and have the champs go to all 3 brands to defend the gold. Also, have the women's champion travel to all 3 brands to defend the title.

2] Turn ECW into a ROH knockoff. The current ECW roster for the most part can really wrestle and with Matt Sydel looking like he's getting the call up he could be the new centerpiece the brand is looking for. Colt Cabana is another guy just waiting to get the call up who can really wrestle. Make this a serious wrestling show and gain love from indy geeks while stealing steam and fans from Ring of Honor.

3] Give Smackdown an 80's wrestling feel. Let your road agents/producers who were stars in that area help out a lot in laying out angles and matches. Let angles and matches go longer than the modern fan is used to. Most importantly, this would give Smackdown an identity of its own.

4] With Smackdown and ECW taking different approaches, Raw seems that much more unique. Raw will always be host to over the top McMahon wrestling - but it should be contained to Raw. Every member of the Raw roster should be a personality, with the more bland workers on the other two shows. Get all of the divas on Raw. Pair some of them up with wrestlers as valets, use some for trashy Springer angles, have some wrestle. Raw should feature skits out of the arena, highlighting whatever city they're in.

5] Better debuts for new talent are a must. This is something that WWE at times has done well. Video packages should be shown for weeks before a new arrival's debut. Have the announcers hype them way in advance. Make it seem like the brand had to outbid the other two.

6] Creating competition between the brands for talent would be a nice change. Having GM's show up on other shows to court talent or having the talent go to other shows to get a feeler for things would make for good tv.

Cant really think of much that hasnt been covered, apart from giving the heels more credibility. seriously when Austin/Rock/Angle were top heels they had credibility, you tuned in to see if they could be beat (although cheating occasionally), not if they were gonna cheat/get DQ again. Look at Edge and Orton, fantastic wrestlers, but no one takes them seriously or thinks of them as real world champions because of the wins they dont get.
I would turn Cena heel, he has been made to look dominant, turn him heel and have him lead a faction called Thuganomicz or something = Top Heel with real credibility

Raw needs new story lines... stop pushing HHH first off he is old news even though i like him he is old news...
Have a cryme time and DiBiase together with HBK and Chris Jericho running the stable have new with old... then throw in a 7ft over stable.. the show kane Khali and mark henry all working together..
then have like a edge with randy and batista try to end the careers of
HHH shawn and taker but mix it up a bit but have like shawn turn on hhh and hhh turn on taker and vis versa.. just to mess with the views heads..

there is so much u can do but wwe does the same thing over and over again..
look take the undertake as old as he is have him start up the ministery with umaga Carlito Gregory Helms and have Lance Cade throw in MVP as with crime time and Dibiase's just new talent...

vince appoint randy as the rock type try to brink back the rock if u can to fued with randy saying that he is the peoples champ have austin show up more but have new talent do his dirty work.... but make it like austin has nothing to do with it...

maybe i am nuts

Am I the only one who thinks the brand expansion was a bad idea? I watch RAW, but not Smackdown. There is no reason for me to watch Smackdown. All I have to watch to keep up with RAW is RAW! To get me to watch Smackdown, you'd have to make stuff happen on Smackdown relevant to RAW story lines. Of course, the exact opposite could be argued for someone who only watches Smackdown. If WWE wants to boost their ratings of all their shows, they need to give up this stupid brand expansion plan. Everyone wrestling both nights worked in the past. It worked for WWF, it worked for WCW. And get rid of ECW. WWE needs to have everyone wrestling on monday and friday night. Of course, there isn't enough time for everyone, so this is how people will get breaks. Using the whole roster on both shows will allow for better story telling, more stables, etc...

Have better matches each and every show. Seriously nobody wants to see the same boring old matches all the damn time. I would have better storylines, the ones they have now are stupid, pointless and corny. And i would make the tag team and ic title great again and bring back the cruiserweight championship and make that belt great again aswell.

If I was booking WWE I'd use this idea that I've been brewing for quite some time. It's called the Million Dollar Give Away. It's awesome. What it is besically is somebody on stage, ringing people up(Very slowly, to build tension you see, not because I can't dial), and giving away money. Like live charity. It's really awesome. It's a sure fire ratings winner. Nobody is intrested in that wrestling stuff anymore.

1. Scrap the monsters. Henry, Snitsky, BDV, Khali. Retain Umaga and Big Show.
2. The guys at the top of RAW are dead stale. Cena, HHH, JBL (but not Orton, who's grown on me). Start pushing the midcard to the top who seem to have much more passion and entertainment value at the moment (Hardy, Jericho, Kennedy, maybe even Burchill).
3. Rebuild the tag-team divisions. Work out who's doing jack shit on the rosters and put them into tag-teams.
4. Stop giving people titles in their first week. It completely devalues the belts. Start people off low, probably in a tag-team, and slowly build them up. This works (Edge).
5. Give Smackdown more star power via the draft.
6. Fix the women's division. Either make them all eye candy and have bras and panties matches galore, or start hiring reasonably attractive but above all competent female wrestlers. Stop trying to have it both ways by making out that the eye candy can wrestle when they can't. That's dangerous and makes no one happy.
7. Stop confusing a "push" with squashing jobbers (Burchill, Koslov). If you want to push someone have them beat credible people.
8. No crappy "monay" gimmicks, please. We want to watch wrestling, not mobile phone convos.
9. Either put the "extreme" back into ECW or scrap that show.
10. Stop marketing at kids and women and start aiming for the adolescent market. More big-money stunts, more violence, more sex. It pays.

That will do nicely for starters...

The answer is simple go back to four PPVs a year. More than half the PPvs are throwaways and there is NO build up to any of the major events save Wrestlemania. PPVs usually to be special like SNME.

Now, as soon as one PPV is over they have about three weeks to plan for the next and it is usually just a rehash of what fans JUST paid for.

Start thinking, I mean was there a plan for Chris Jericho's return or was the idea just the viral campaign??

Cena is a failed campaign, time to turn him heel or move away from him.

Trust me they are gonna probably start a stable of second generation guys like Deuce, Dibiase Jr., Carlito and Rhodes ... sounds great on paper, but within three weeks Cena or Triple H will squash them all and ruin it.

Vince needs someone else writing this stuff, maybe Heyman, but right now I dont wven watch the entire show anymore.

i would make ECW like it used to be straight up XTREME every match and ad some belts
to the brand such as Hardcore title and cruiserweight title.Add a little more wrestlers with more talent like Rey Mysterio,The Great Khali,JBL,Hardcore Holly,Bring back some old extreme wrestlers mabey Jerry Lyn,Stone Cold,Sandman,sabu,
You could bring some old wwf wrestlers to like Rikishi,Bull Buchanon,x pac,Albert,essa rios even shane mcmahon

Here are some of the things that I think would help:

1. Bring back some of the more popular stars that can actually wrestle- I would do everything that I could to get stars like RVD back. This would help by creating more fued posibilities. This could also help by having some of the younger talent fued with older talent which would help them get to higher status (upper mid-card high-card).

2. Make more enjoyable storylines- I for one am sick of seeing these boring storylines. How many times have we seen Cena use the "I deserve a Title Shot" storyline. I am fine with this being the beggining of the fued, but it just tends to stay like that. The fueds need to be more personal. I loved it when Cena was fueding with Edge for the title and Edge attacked Cena's dad. This made it more than a title fued, but a personal one that people could connect with.

3. Hire new creative writers- I'm not saying fire the current staff, but bring in new writers. This would bring in some fresh ideas, which is just what WWE needs.

4. Switch titles on t.v.- This would give people who can't afford to buy ppvs a chance to see a title change, and it would make tv title matches unpredictable. Now we know who will win these matches.

Please comment on my ideas.

Ive been saying this ever since they concieved the draft, they need to get rid of the draft and just have everybody on both Smackdown and Raw, like they did from 1999-2002

some people say story lines would get stale quickly if this were to happen, i disagree, matches that people have been wanting to see would be finally taking place and the possibilities would just be a lot more open

If they combined rosters, then its time to get rid of the World title, the U.S title and the WWE tag team titles, and just have the WWE Championship, Intercontinental Championship and the World Tag Team Championship, in the olden days titles were supposed to mean something, it totally downgrades the titles, and the champions by having 2 sets of every title in the same company

bring back the Hardcore title, lets have some fun

bring McMahon into more storylines, i remember when he 1st brought in the general managers and then proceeded to disappear for a year, its much more fun with the evil owner around, and by around i mean in Austin/McMahon style storylines, not McMahon trying to give his money away, all that does is show his obvious want of bringing in more viewers and the only viewers it even brings in are temporary viewers who arent even wrestling fans

get rid of ECW, its even worse than Sunday Night Heat, the stars on ECW could easily apply there talents mixed in with the Raw and Smackdown bunch

get rid of Cyber Sunday and One Night Stand, have just 12 pay per views a year, its hard for them to come up with great ideas and matches when theres 14 pay per views a year

try and bring some honor to the divas, dont make it look like your bringing them in to satisfy sexual urges, what ever happend to woman WRESTLERS instead of DIVAS, remember the Fabulous Moolah

have some good quality pay per view worthy matches on Raw and Smackdown, its gotten to a point where you know the matches on tv will suck because they feel they need to hold out for pay per view

no more authority figures (other than McMahon) that are involved in storylines and featured more than the wrestlers themselves, letWRESTLERS double cross other WRESTLERS or their evil managers help them win, not the general manager of the company

lot more wrestling, less talking, hey i enjoy kick ass promos. those are fine to keep in, but cut out all the stupid ceremonies and weddings and all that other crap, WRESTLING, PROMOS, and rival histories will do just fine

no more, im a bad guy, im a good guy, im a bad guy, in the good ol days if you chose to be heel or you chose to be a face you were there for life
it becomes unbelievable after a while

go for quality over quantity (Great Khali), and under quantity(Hornswoggle), you look at any pros biography(Ric Flair etc.) and they say companys would shelve out tons of money to a guy just because he was huge or a midget even though they had no talent at all.

if your gonna bring in a new character, bring him in to wrestle or be a manager, dont just bring them in for some stupid pointless storyline. once again ill say hornswoggle is an example of this crap

J.R and the King are excellent, and bringing in Mick Foley was good, but what happened to Michael Cole, he used to be a very good announcer but now it seems like he trys way too hard to get his point across-for example, he calls matches that are probably the most horrible matches ive ever seen, the best and most hard fought matches in the companys history, and hell pull out the ol' "That is the 1st time anyone has ever kicked out of that move," when you clearly saw someone kick out of it 2 weeks earlier

make Wrestlemania into WRESTLEMANIA again, the last couple seemed like regular pay per views, come on this is the World Series of wrestling here

and my last rule dont have the same matches over and over, John Cena, Triple H and Randy Orton have fought each Other so many times now, that you can predict the finish, sure series of matches are awesome under the right circumstances(Austin/Rock, Triple H/Foley, Flair/Steamboat) but lately i wouldnt call what two wrestlers have a series, id call it a cluster fuck of events

i think if these steps were taken, ratings would slowly and shurely improve

:flair:

First thing I would do...

get rid of the fucking squash matches. RAW this week was nothing but squash matches. That is no way to build characters and does little for the guy going over. Quit signing body builders and get some real talent in there that can give you quality matches.

First thing I would do...

get rid of the fucking squash matches. RAW this week was nothing but squash matches. That is no way to build characters and does little for the guy going over. Quit signing body builders and get some real talent in there that can give you quality matches.

I have to disagree. Back in the 80, all you'd get on tv were squashes and the occasional mid card vs. upper card match. It was the interviews and promos that built up the feuds. When you'd see two guys stay away from each other for weeks and months at a time, and all you'd hear on commentary was that they were having problems, it made you think that a good feud/match could be coming. By seeing these guys beat up on lower talent, it builds them up well. A long streak of wins can build up someone to high levels, much like goldberg. At the same time, you can use it to build a midcard wrestler or two.

As for fixing the ratings, I think the main issue is that there are no actual stories going on. All you have are number one contenders matches, then a match, then a rematch, then a gimmick match. That's not a feud. What makes fans care about a feud is when the characters do something interesting. Take for example the Austin McMahon feud. While the core of the feud was Austin taking on everyone McMahon threw at him, it was the ways this happend that made it interesting. It wasn't just Vince announcing an opponent then Austin would fight them. One of the first feuds Austin had as champion was against Foley. Foley had "quit", then came back as corporate Dude Love to fight Austin for McMahon. The key thing was, it was kept fresh. They feuded for about two months, then moved into a mega feud with Undertaker and Kane, but it was all part of Vince's plan to destroy Austin. It was the same, but at the same time different. Now it's all the same all the time, and it's just dull.

Just thought I'd remark on some of the most recent comments. This is only meant to express my gut reaction and should not be taken personally.

If they combined rosters, then its time to get rid of the World title, the U.S title and the WWE tag team titles, and just have the WWE Championship, Intercontinental Championship and the World Tag Team Championship, in the olden days titles were supposed to mean something, it totally downgrades the titles, and the champions by having 2 sets of every title in the same company

I can see your point, but I don't see how this would boost ratings. It just seems more like something that you personally would like to see happen.

The answer is simple go back to four PPVs a year. More than half the PPvs are throwaways and there is NO build up to any of the major events save Wrestlemania. PPVs usually to be special like SNME.

A good idea. I would say 8 pay per views, because if you keep it to 4 there is a pretty long spell between them. Have the 4 majors, and 4 minors just to keep our interest going. And even though this is a great idea, I don't see how it would boost ratings for the regular television programs.

1. Bring back some of the more popular stars that can actually wrestle- I would do everything that I could to get stars like RVD back. This would help by creating more fued posibilities. This could also help by having some of the younger talent fued with older talent which would help them get to higher status (upper mid-card high-card).

2. Make more enjoyable storylines- I for one am sick of seeing these boring storylines. How many times have we seen Cena use the "I deserve a Title Shot" storyline. I am fine with this being the beggining of the fued, but it just tends to stay like that. The fueds need to be more personal. I loved it when Cena was fueding with Edge for the title and Edge attacked Cena's dad. This made it more than a title fued, but a personal one that people could connect with.

3. Hire new creative writers- I'm not saying fire the current staff, but bring in new writers. This would bring in some fresh ideas, which is just what WWE needs.

4. Switch titles on t.v.- This would give people who can't afford to buy ppvs a chance to see a title change, and it would make tv title matches unpredictable. Now we know who will win these matches.

I agree 100% with all of these. I believe these would really help pique interest in the actual television programs and improve ratings.

bring McMahon into more storylines, i remember when he 1st brought in the general managers and then proceeded to disappear for a year, its much more fun with the evil owner around, and by around i mean in Austin/McMahon style storylines, not McMahon trying to give his money away, all that does is show his obvious want of bringing in more viewers and the only viewers it even brings in are temporary viewers who arent even wrestling fans

McMahon seems like he's in a ton of storylines, and usually they involve him making life miserable for some face wrestler. I don't think making it even more of a plotline is going to make ratings skyrocket.

get rid of ECW, its even worse than Sunday Night Heat, the stars on ECW could easily apply there talents mixed in with the Raw and Smackdown bunch

I'm not sure I understand. Either you watch ECW or you don't. Getting rid of the show completely is not going to boost its ratings...

have some good quality pay per view worthy matches on Raw and Smackdown, its gotten to a point where you know the matches on tv will suck because they feel they need to hold out for pay per view

Agreed. But you can't go overboard either, or there is nothing special about the PPVs. But definitely it would be nice to see more title matches and title changes on the television programs themselves that aren't prompted by a legitimate injury or failed drug test or some sort of "real world" circumstances that made a quick title change necessary.

no more authority figures (other than McMahon) that are involved in storylines and featured more than the wrestlers themselves, letWRESTLERS double cross other WRESTLERS or their evil managers help them win, not the general manager of the company

This sounds more to me like a complaint about the vickie storyline than a ratings fixer. Before vickie, teddy long was the general manager, his reign lasted for a long time and he didn't screw the wrestlers out of titles.

cut out all the stupid ceremonies and weddings and all that other crap, WRESTLING, PROMOS, and rival histories will do just fine

I couldn't agree more. Weddings, contract signings, arm wrestling contests...they are done waaay too often, and end up slow and predictable. I would really hate to pay good money for a wrestling ticket only to find out that 1/4 of the time it is sitting through a stupid fake wedding.

no more, im a bad guy, im a good guy, im a bad guy, in the good ol days if you chose to be heel or you chose to be a face you were there for life
it becomes unbelievable after a while

I completely disagree. Switching from face to heel and back again keeps wrestling personas fresh, and gives the wrestlers something new to try for a while, and opens up new feuds with the other wrestlers. I'm not quite sure who you're thinking of with the "there for life" comment, just about anyone who has wrestled for any significant length of time has gone back and forth between face to heel multiple times. If wrestlers were stuck in the same role, things would get stale and boring much more quickly, and I would argue that not allowing them to switch would hurt ratings way more than help.

Now your thinking thats a Huge Roster for Two Shows, so why not
have a B-Grade show such as Heat so superstars that miss out get some in ring action and TV time, and lets face it theres always going to be injured superstars. Also have the two major shows but dont constantly show the same guys on both shows that way the matches are fresh and it reduces injury and the workload for superstars.

Isn't this already accomplished by having the brand split?

I put a longer response on here a while back, but I noticed something recently that I think has affected the ratings.

The modern Faces are just too lame. Head to youtube or dailymotion, and search the Rock sacrifices Undertaker. The Rock was hugely over yes, but when have you ever seen Cena or Batista work a promo with as much energy as him. Or even curse. The faces never convince me that they are actually fired up. Orton did some truly dastardly acts to Cena in their feud last year. But at no point did I feel any extra need to tune into Raw to see him get his hands on Orton.

Wrestlemania 16, Vince screws the Rock. The Rock's revenge on the Vince, chair shot, on the stage on Smackdown. Standing over his fallen enemy, celebrating, rather than stood on the corner letting him skulk off.

Wrestlemania 15, HHH turns on X-pac, I was 9 at the time, didn't have sky, but I got a friend to tape that Raw to see his response.

We don't need faces that are clean cut, we need faces that are every bit as cocky and arrogant as the Heels. Cena and HHH commentary, "Oh i respect him so much"...Please. The Rock and Mankind, this is your life, the Rock (face) is incredibly disrespectful to all these guests, and is a complete git, but the fans respond to it.

Get the faces back to Attitude era style arrogance, being a Heel hasn't changed, just the faces suck

I just wanted to give a quick shout out to mcflyboy, i hope you get on and read this, sometimes in my posts of rants i go off the deep end, especially with my comment about good guy, bad guy, mcflyboy you are correct, it totally refreshes storylines to do this, i was wrong, i just hate how theyve been doing it LATELY with people going from heel to face then from face to heel with only 6 month transitions in there- but I did go a little extreme with that comment

and a quick shout out to tomsmithuk, i hope you read this, i agree and disagree with you at the same time, it really just depends who the characters are, with Austin and Rock i can't even picture them without there badass attitudes, but you also have to go back to the olden day(which is what where trying to do anyway to boost ratings), you had great champs like Hogan and Bob Backlund who where total good guys and not a bit of bad attitude in their persona

i also forgot to add one thing to my original post, they also need to make champions stick for a while, the gold means so much more when climbing to the top to get it is a much more rockier road, you look at the good ol' days when champs held the gold from anywhere from 1-7 years, thats right, SEVEN years(Bruno Sammartino from 1963-1971), now yeas 7 years would get to be too long and stale, but look at guys like Hogan who held the belt for over 3 years, and those times during the 80's where some of the best years in WWE history, so quite simply MAKE THE BELTS MEAN SOMETHING again:flair:

Make ALL the belts mean something again. One crap belt diminishes all the others.

Oh, and one more thing I forgot earlier: get Steph and HHH divorced (somehow or other). The obvious corruption of Triple H's current title reign is, I'm sure, turning a lot of people off. Whatever he's done in the past, at the moment he's an uber-bland face whose matches are boring as fuck and who doesn't draw. The Age of Orton, which was getting really good and had the potential to become something really awesome, was killed off prematurely just to Trips could become champ, for no very good reason.

i would do one thing and that is a six man hell in a cell match for the wwe title so if u like my idea help me make it a reality by emailing wwe telling them that it is a good idea if a lot of people email them with that idea it is more likely to happen another thing i would do is bring trish stratus back part of the hell in the cell match is people should be able to vote online for the contestants in the match

I would take the opportunity presented by the upcoming draft and really shake up the rosters. My idea would be to get rid of the notion of Raw being the 'A' show and Smackdown being the 'B' show. I would balance out the rosters almost exactly so that each show has the same amount of star power. I mean, why watch Raw but not Smackdown? Sure, make sure that each show has its own identity but keep them on a level so BOTH have their own share of star power, wrestling and fully-developed story lines. To this end, I would also split up the current announcing teams. To me, Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler are considered the 'A' announce team, simply because they are on Raw. So how about have Jim Ross and Mick Foley on Raw and The King & Tazz on Smackdown.

Each week, have at least one good 25-30 minute wrestling match on each show. This could be useful for the lower or mid card guys to really show their stuff and entertain the crowd, especially if their isn't room for them on the PPVs each month.

More unpredictable story lines, more attitude-era story lines. Also have background stories and charachter development for as many wrestlers/belts as possible, rather than samey and predictable sagas each week for the main-eventers and nothing for the rest of the roster. Give everybody a reason for being there.

I don't mind racy/comedy/holy shit/near the knuckle story lines and backstage skits provided they don't intefere with, and replace the WRESTLING. Wrestling MATCHES should be the focal point of each broadcast.

I saw the new WWE magazine out today with Hornswoggle on the cover and i was reminded of how much I absolutely hate him, i wish so bad they would get rid of his stupid character, hes only there for storylines, not to wrestle, and the storyline is absolutely horrible, is there any sense in having someone in WRESTLING who doesnt even WRESTLE, Vince seems to be stuck in his early to mid nineties rut of pushing for nothing but giants and midgets

(reminder, the time period of early to mid nineties was still way better than the time period of now)

First off i would increase the tagteam divisons i would take burchill and regal and set them as a tag team, second i would make sure titles switched hands and not just on a ppc\v, the womens title is doing quite well, i would push jeff hardy mr kennedy carlito into a ladder match for the ic title with chris jericho, with the wwe title i would take HHH Jeff Hardy John Cena and JBL put them in a fatal four way, I would bring back the crusier weight and get ray jr and chavo cm punk and couple other new guys, with ecw i would create extreme rules and regulations and put awesome matches together, WWE has the talent they just need better writers, better ideas and seriously better promo's advertising sells and makes money.. When i played raw vs smackdown 2006 i was on the top with my gm mode. so i recently sent a resume to wwe asking to be on the creative team..I got called back 1 week ago and was told they will keep me informed..so that is my ideas

Now here is an thought on how wwe can become big again and get everyone watching all over again. I think wwe should do the samething mma has done. MMA has that hardcore, edgier, attitude that wwe use to have right. But how mma became really hugh in the first place was large in part because of espn. Now i know we all heard of espn before right. They are the biggest sporting news in the world. And alot of people watch espn so when they starting taling mma stuff and advertising it mma became hugh. Alot of people got into it and said oh shit i need to see this. So i think wwe should do the same and have espn advertise their stuff.

It can be done trust me wwe is sport entertainment but it is still a pro sport so espn can advertise it. And you know with also wwe improving, people who watch espn see them advertising wwe they can say oh shit wwe i have not seen them in awhile i should watch.

Also people would consider wwe to be good again since its being talked about on espn and they never done that before. So if wwe can get advertising on espn then they could get viewers and if they imrpove wwe will be hugh again. Not like what they were in the attitude era but you know what i mean. Thoughts and opinions on this.

If MMA is really drawing massive bucks, I think its more than worth a shot for the WWE to try to get their product advertised as more of a sport than, as they've referred to it many times, "a sometimes comedic soap opera, featuring wrestling".

Sure, some "humor" and some stupid bullshit like Hornswoggle might draw some kids, but if the big thing right now is SERIOUS competition, why not capitalize? I highly doubt that anybody that really wants to see the best MMA fights are going to see a midget with a squirt gun and go "eh, same thing". Keep a minimal amount for the little kids, but don't try to present your product as "fun for the whole family", as EVERYTHING...and I mean EVERYTHING that is marketed as such ends up being a bore to mostly everyone. If MMA people see what the likes of Benjamin, Morrison, Hardy, etc are able to do, they hear about a "serious WWE 2008 Draft", etc...they might flip the channel on to check it out. And seeing as how ESPN typically acts as a magnet channel for this type of audience, it would make perfect sense to seek their endorsements....as opposed to running ads for Smackdown during "Gossip Girl".

So u like my idea Nofate007? Yeah thats what i think WWE should do cause everybody watches espn and thats mainly how mma got their thing out to the whole world by espn and thats how they blew up cause people starrting watching them. If wwe does the same and cut out the kiddy kiddy shit like u sai show some of it but also some hardcore shit too not that hardcore but to the standards were it would look tough like mma then they should really do it thats how they will get ratings and viewers better then this million dollar giveaway and the gossip girls shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back