What would you do to boost the ratings?

Not to be nitpicky, but it seems like a lot of posts are just ideas that people have come up with that they would like to see happen, often without any reason or explanation. But that's not really the same thing as the topic of this post...things that would boost ratings. There's some good quality ideas in there, but i'm kind of interested (and I may just be speaking for myself here) in why you think it would boost ratings, instead of just why you'd like to see it happen.

1. Less talk, more wrestling!
2. Have Smackdown vs Raw more frequently, not to a stupid level like every month but you've got the Rumble, Mania, Survivor Series and KOTR (which shud b a yearly event which actually means something, not every other year where the winner MIGHT get a push)
3. A title match every week, and i don't mean the Women's title every week, chop and change, and more titles, bring back the cruiserweight belt, and the european AND DEFINITELY the hardcore belt. More titles = more divisions = more talent get tv time and a semi push, less titles mean we may see a new contender once a month, or we'll see the same guys scrapping over the same titles like we do now. I can remember loving D'Lo Brown having the European belt and having a few decent rivalries with Jeff Jarrett and Mark Henry (that's right i said Mark Henry), and Crash's 24/7 rule for the HArdcore belt? G-E-N-I-U-S!! And don't be afraid to have a tag team guy with a singles title.

Those are the first ideas that come to me

First of all, i would put the world title back on edge, get a set of tag belts on edges minions, move chavo down the card, put chavos body guard as edges body guard. After doing that I would put randy orton back as edge (both world champs). Put Morrison/Miz into the stable. Put umaga in it as another body guard. Vickie woulsd still be getting used. Kennedy or MVP would join (1 joins, other rebels), elijah burke, shelton. All have them join (Ill think of a use for them).cm punk with his mitb. Also estrada. (2 gm's running smackdown and ecw bias lol)

Pretty simple. They will try and get all the titles. They already would have both world titles, both tag titles (probaly) maybe ic. and would be gunning for the ecw/us title

So this large group, edge/orton order all of them to take out there opponents such as taker, kane, hhh, hbk, cena, big show etc. Maybe have the faction take down hhh, kane for a while

Then this would turn into a big fued with more title changes (I would like to see the world titles change more then once a year i most say, maybe every 2-3 months).

Have it go for a while. Eventually the mid carders in the edge/orton's minions break out and win the title for themselfs (kennedy takes the mitb from cm punk, becomes #1 enemy and #1 fan favourite against the rated rko faction)

Then lets say kennedy vs edge vs cm punk no dq match (example, cm punk gets in for his contract being taken, kennedy face, punk tweener, edge heel) at survivor series with the mitb contract. Edge has everyone with him (besides orton because he is defending the title later on tonight). During the match everyone jumps in, takes cm punk/kennedy down. Edge has the win but suddenly triple h music plays. He rushes down, takes out 5-6 people on the way down. Gets in the ring, pedigrees edge then pulls kennedy over for the win. 1 2 3 new champ. (doesnt make much sence sicnes its a triple threast but ohh well)

later on in the night. orton vs cena vs hbk vs taker. During the match the minions rush down and start beating down cena/hbk/taker. Then hhh + kane come back and take everyone out. Then during the fuss cena turns heel and pins hbk after a unseen chairshot.

Some shit like that could bring in lots of opportunitys. (I just posted the story line i would start lol)

also besides all that ^^^^

NO MORE SQUASH MATCHS, they are boring.

Theres lots more i can think of doing but i cbf typing anymore then this and my ideas probaly would bore other people.

There's some good quality ideas in there, but i'm kind of interested (and I may just be speaking for myself here) in why you think it would boost ratings, instead of just why you'd like to see it happen.

Boosting ratings is complicate business. What kind of ratings are we talking about? From regular wrestling fans or from people surfing the channels? You wanna boost ratings? Fine, have a wrestler dress up as a religious figure with a bomb on his turban. I guarantee you you'll have ratings up the ass within the next show (among other things). But if want steady ratings you can always rely on - ratings you can backup with demographics, statistics and precedent that you can show your TV channel - you better start culturing your fan base.

I know some of you might not like the WWE targeting children, but it's smart business from their part. A lot of wrestling fans who followed the show in the 80's and 90's are now grown up and can't find the time to regularly watch wrestling. We stop and gaze from time to time when things seem interesting but the steady decline isn't related to the product. It's the same thing it's always been. The main thing that has changed is us regular fans. The worst thing the WWE could do is listen to us bored fans all the time. They could permanently ruin their product by turning it into something that would disappear with us jaded fans, or by giving us bigger and wilder stunts until the most decent wrestling match gets "boring" chants (something the WCW/WWE war has taught us). The WWE knows what it's doing. Trust me, it's not just the McMahons running the show there. This is a legit business that follows legit business trends. They'll bounce back.

Well What i am about to say wouldnt exactly boost ratings, cause i do not think nothing with change the ratings big time at the moment, not with what the WWE is working with. This is unless Stone Cold and The Rock make a come back lol.

What i would do is simply, change the stupid decisions WWE is making to make the product look bad. Just look at the damn KOTR, it was such a disaster, i dont know where to begin.

See To try to boost ratings or at least not make any stupid decisions and make the KOTR WORTHY of tv, i would put all the young talent in, that would help them be better known, guys like Kennedy, who is struggiling to get momentum, MVP who is ever growing, Morrision, man has this guy got some talent, Elijah, Benjamin even Umaga would fit being in their. I would make the KOTR actually mean something, with the winner getting a title shot at The Great American Bash, so the WWE can see what they got.

What im trying to say is, i would establish these young stars more, make the audience take not of them, cause face it, these guys are the future not damn HHH. I wouldnt keep putting HHH, Cena and Batista in the spotlight, they dont need it. HHH should be helping pushing younger stars and Cena and Batista have had their time to shine, let other people have their turn.

Next i would push my Heel Champs, like Edge and Orton, like REAL champions and dont make them look like girls. Im not saying make them look unstopple, im saying make them look credible, yes i would make them cheat to win, but not every single time and i wouldnt make them get DQ every bloody time, so at least they look like champions and they can win.

I would give more time to Wrestling, make Matches longer and more exciting, and get rid of DQ finishes and Squashes, there is a time and place for that, but the WWE over does it for godness sake.

And finally i would try to make the product unpredictable. Face it, WWE is very predictable and no suprises happen anymore, i would make it more like no one noes whats going to happen, and Matches seem like they could go other way.

These are the sought of stuff i would do to try to boost ratings, but more improtantly, Make the WWE an actual wrestling product, better than the crap they try to show every week. If they imporve like this, then there is a good chance the ratings would increase, it wouldnt increase dramaticly or straight away, but with time it will. All i got to say is I wouldnt do any stupid stuff the WWE does, like put midgets and Khali into the KOTR, and make stupid angles, there is no need for it, and no one likes it. These are my thoughts anyway.

Ok, so I know I'm not a Mod, but thats pretty bad spam in the above two posts... And as I said before, with the current programing on TV, the WWE will NEVER have better ratings again. They could have all the old guys come back, they could have Rock and Austin as weekly regulars, and the ratings will stay at about the same. It's because we have so much more to choose from. Unless all those reality shows/action shows/whatever House is go off the air, RAW will have competition. THATS why ratings have gone/stayed down.

I think they get rid of certain talent too fast.

That, and an utter lack of consistency in their "rules" about how the kayfabe enviorment is supposed to work. When Eric Bischoff's job was at stake the first time, they had all kinds of ideas about who was going to run RAW as the General Manager. It was a big deal. Then what do they do? They fire him some time later and then do not fill in the GM space. You had the Coach for a bit, and then Vince was here and there, but now all the sudden the GM job was pointless and unwanted. Eric Bischoff was the best GM, and I really wished the character hadn't left.

How do you boost ratings? Stop using quick shot returns with no longevity. Stop bringing Hogan back for an outrageous paycheck to do ONE show. Stop having Foley show up just to do one Fatal Four Way and vanish. Create stable concepts and ideas and run with them full bore. Ressurect the tag division. Ressurect the women's division. Ressurect competition for the titles. Use the IC belt more. Fuck man, they've gotten lazy about everything except two things: Cena main eventing and scaring off talent.

Well the ratings are pretty good for what Vince shells out. The WWE fan base basically feeds off of anything Vince feeds them. Now if your asking me what i would do to improve the ratings? Ok this is my take hehe. First off i would scrap everything that is going on in the WWE right now. I would push all the wrestlers who actually deserve it. And i would bring in more title belts so that there is more going on and focus on everything equally and not just focus on just the World Title. Put on great matches and the WWE does have the talent to do this it's just they don't push the right people. Put Regal in the World title hunt and make him an awesome monster heel who would hold on to the world title most of the time. Downgrade Cena to what he used to be on smackdown which was a comedy routine. Which i liked him as that cause he was funny and i was fine with him as a mid carder because he can't really wrestle well anyways. Make the IC belt awesome again with really cool ladder matches going on with it and cage matches. Make a cruiserweight type belt known again and bring in good luchadors and X division guys to compete for this. Also scrap a lot of the WWE talent to make room for Samoa Joe, RVD, Ultimo Dragon, Sting, Angle, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Shelly, Sabin, Williams. I would have Daniels wrestling for both Raw as The fallen Angel and Smackdown as curry man! lol.

Also bring Heyman back and let him do what he wants with ECW because it is his!

Hey i can dream right? lol i just miss the old days of wrestling ya know? When they used to wrestle... and you had alternatives like WCW and the original ECW.

1. Balance out the rosters.

2. Less promos. I personally can't stand watching a 2 hour program when half of it is a plug for a dvd, new shirt, the website, rewinds of past weeks, etc.

3. Less DQ endings. Everyone around here agrees that its annoying to see. When you piss off your audience, they tune out.

4. If someone is popular, I'd push them...not necessarily "automatic main event", but I'd give them a nice program. If someone isn't getting a response (ala Snitsky), I wouldn't cram them down the audience's throats. If someone is (ala Jeff), I'd put him in a good feud.

5. No more childish, stupid, slapstick humor. Its insulting to the intelligence of the audience. Yes, there are probably a lot of people watching wrestling that are complete morons, but its a lot easier to entertain an idiot than someone with some wit in their minds. When we saw those Road Runner-esque skits with Hornswoggle a while back, I changed the channel and watched something else.

Thread over, i completely agree. However i don't mind promo's if they are for a reason. For example to build somehting up or to further enhance a feud, but not promo's that are a useless waste of time and the merchandising stuff etc.

Point 5 is a definate for me and is one of the biggest problems IMO. I don't mind humour and i understand it's supposed to be a bit of a get away from realisty but i don't like my intelligence to be insulted.

As an extra point i would just add,

Every so often do something a bit extravagent, regardless of cost etc. Such as I would have loved for Sting to appear at Flair's farewell, they were in Florida and now WWE puts TNA results on WWE.com they must not see them how they used to see WCW as a major threat, so they should have just kept offering more & more money until TNA allowed Sting to appear that night.

Well I didn't answer the question when I started the thread so I'll do it now.

1. Balance the Rosters- It's been said before but surely you want all your shows to do well and not just make RAW look good. Have as many Main- Event calibre superstars on SmackDown/ECW as you have on RAW. Keep the Talent Exchange going- therefore you can move Main-Event guys around on SD/ECW.

2. More stories- I know everyone harps back to the Attitude Era but at that time no matter how stupid the reasons for starting the feud were- the feud was always good. Instead of just feuds over championships make the feuds more personal. Take Bad Blood 2003 for an example. The first RAW exclusive PPV I think and every match had good build-up. They weren't all over championships. So if John Cena isn't in the Main-Event don't thrust him into the Championship match just because you need him on the card- pepper him into a feud. The kids are going to buy the merch whether or not he's got the belt around him.

3. Freedom on the mic- At the moment when a guy is cutting a promo it all looks too scripted and if the crowd doesn't react the way they should the guy cutting the promo gets more uncomfortable and the promo qulity decreases massively.

4- Less DQ finishes- I think we can all admit we are annoyed by this. Its so annoying when your watching a match and then Randy Orton slaps the ref and gets DQ'ed. Just makes the match seem like a waste.

5. Defend the Championships on the show- The top belt should be defended more on the TV shows. I'm not saying make sure the belt is thrown around like confetti but you watch any of the shows and know nothing major is going to happen. The advantage of Brand-Exclusive PPV's was that the Brand who didn't get a PPV would have to change champs on TV if they wanted a champ change.

These are just a few things they could do.

as people have mentioned before the unification of all the brands. when the WWE had its time in the sun and all those 5.0 ratings when the Rock and Austin were at full force it was because of the different fueds that were possible. combine RAW, SD and ECW rosters.

with that the tag team divisions would be up and running again. no more split talent and possibly new tag teams could flourish. there would be better fueds going around with different superstars. not repeats of the same fued just lagging on.

and the last thing is the chance to form two new stables. stables as we have seen go hand in hand with wrestling. 4 HM, D-X, NWO, Hart foundation and Evolution. creating two new stables with an on going fued will generate excitement with us fans.

then we could just stick with a few commentators, no Adamle or Coach. just the King, Jim Ross and possibly Tazz.

well i think the most important, realistic thing to do is a huge draft roster skake-up involving changes with mid-carders, tag teams, and a few main eventers getting dull on their respective brands. here is what i would do.

From Raw to Smackdown:

Jeff Hardy - Always has been on raw since the first draft like 5 years ago. Going to Smackdown would open up exciting new feuds and give him a bigger push he needs and deserves.

Randy Orton - trade batista for orton since orton no longer holds the title. batista is boring as the top dawg on SD and could make a bigger impact on raw. meanwhile orton is better for storylines which would be great for SD. would like to see undertaker/ orton fued for title again.

Super Crazy- high flyer doing nothing on raw. his talent would be needed and apprciated on SD. i'd like to see him form a tag team with mysterio.

Chris Jericho - Another guy whose only been on raw. one the best wrestlers wwe has and he hasnt been doing shit on raw cuz he's dryed up there.

Shawn Michaels - he's been feuding with every mutha fuck on raw and he needs new fights. bringing him to the SD mix would bring back some of the attitude era to the show.

Hardcore Holly - split on that little loser cody rhodes and go to smackdown to return to hardcore/badass ways. also adding a little more attitude added to smackdown. i see him having sweet hardcore battles with finlay or something?

From Smackdown/ECW to RAW

Batista - traded for orton. boring on smackdown. needs big push. would be better on raw.

CM Punk - works the best on raw since winning MITB.

MVP - ready for a bigger push.

Bobby Lashley - would tough main event competition lost with HBK and Y2J going to SD!

Chuck Palumbo- no point on SD! Form a tag team on Raw

Big Daddy V - Replacing Umaga on Raw

ECW gets...

Mr. Kennedy - needs a little push and would have ECW at his mercy.

Khali - failure on SD! and Raw. Ecw is the only fit cuz the freaks work good over there.

Umaga - Needs to get off raw. big push on ECW for him while helping the young talent develop.

Jamie Noble - Light up cruiserweight division

Shannon Moore - Cruiserweight Division

Funaki - Crusierweight divison

* These are the big name changes i would make. I would also switch up the tag team divisons, move the cruiserweight division to ecw to make it more extreme, and the women's champion should appear on all shows to ignite the diva competion. most importantly, get some of the big names the fuck out of raw so there are new feuds that we havent seen. jeff hardy, hbk, and y2j are like the only superstars to never switch shows!

Here are the ways i would shake up the tag team divison i would move....

To Smackdown:

Cryme Tyme
Shelton Benjamin and Haas (reform tag team)

also i'd....

Reform hardy boyz
Have Super Crazy and Rey Mysterio tag together
Have Chavo and Edge tag
Give Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins a push when the time comes

To ECW:

Brian Kendrick and Paul London
Jesse and Festus
Colin Delhany and Cody Rhodes

To Raw:

Deuce and Domino
John Morrison and Miz
Matt Striker and Mike Knox (give them a better push on raw)

So after my extreme wwe draft shake-up for 2008, here are the new rosters:

Main Raw Superstars Goal to maintain A brand status)

Batista
Big Daddy V
Bobby Lashley
Carlito
Chuck Palumbo
CM Punk
DH Smith
Deuce
Domino
Jim Duggan
JBL
Jerry the King
John Cena
John Morrison
J.R.
Matt Striker
Mike KNox
The Miz
MVP
Paul Burchill
Robby Mcallister
Ron Simmons
Rory mCallister
Santino Marella
Snitsky
Triple H
Val Venis
Vince
WIlliam Regal

Main Smackdown! superstars (goal to achieve attitude era feel again)

Big Show
Charlie Haas
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Jericho
Curt Hawkins
Edge
Finlay
Hardcore Holly
Jeff Hardy
JTG
Mark Henry
Matt Hardy
Mick Foley
Michael Cole
Randy Orton
Rey Mysterio
Shad
Shawn Michaels
Shelton Benjamin
Super Crazy
Theodore Long
Undertaker
Zack Ryder

main ECW superstars (goal to get push and get a little extreme again)

Armando Estrada
Bam Neely
Boogeyman
Brian Kendrik
Chody Rodes
Colin Delhaney
Elijah Burke
Festus
Funaki
Jamie Noble
Jesse
Kane
Khali
Kofi Kingston
Mr. kennedy
Nunzio
Paul London
Shannon Moore
Steven Richards
Taz
Tommy Dreamer
Umaga

that's how i'd fix the ratings

Satrt off by turning Cena heel, with him using newer, more dangerous looking moves. He is bland and his offense is a joke. His excuse would be, well, you booed me so I became a badass, learning moves that will legitimately hurt the wrestlers you like.

Get rid of the diva shit on Raw. I would rather see Cruiserweight matches than crap diva tags.

Push the tag division. Londrick are itching to be champs, Cody Rhodes is a future superstar but please, get rid of Holly. He is way past his cool factor. Have JBL loose some weight(wont help ratings, but im sick of his huge mantits that Pemela Anderson would be jealous of).

Have CM come over full time for sick matches with guys like Hardy, Kennedy and even Shawn Michaels. Or mvoe Shawn Michaels to Smackdown in exchange for Batista. The whole Raw main event is stale, with the addition of Jbl, it hasnt changed since 2005.

The WWE needs to be more real. Not many people act the same way has most WWE superstars. Move away from promo's and have day in the life of ...
This would make the wrestler seem like a person and not just some actor. Also using things like fake blogs. Edge could write something like 'That damn taker he stole the world title from me, I am going to make his life a living hell'. Also act outside the ring to, on the street you should see Edge and Taker beating the living sh*t out of each other. No camera it could be something just for the fans. It would create a buss about it in local the area.

Limit TV time. RAW should be every two weeks and so should Smackdown. ECW can get away with being on every week. Too much can destroy your fans

I would bring back factions. I would get the right to censor in on this and have them come out meaner bader bigger and more cult like than ever before. I would also change there music from an alarm to a siren. But that's just one idea. It isn't to save the show but it would be to help it.

Let the flaming begin.

1. Kill the brand extension. As people have mentioned, the ratings went down after the extension. I'd also get rid of ECW. Why? Because one of the problems in wrestling today is oversaturated. Wrestling comes on 4 out of the 5 days of the main part of the week, and there's too much wrestling on. Also, all of the big stars will be on both shows. People who like Undertaker will watch Raw as well as those who like HHH or Randy Orton. SmackDown won't have that B-show stigma since all of the stars will be on it

2. Stop marketing towards kids and women. Let's face it, while a few kids will stick with wrestling (me included, as I started watching when I was seven back in 1999), kids are fickle and will stop watching when it's not "cool." It's worse for women, because they usually only watch the show for one guy who they think is hot. When he's gone, they stop watching. They're unreliable. What's worse is that if they market towards kids, they're opening themselves up for scandals and controversy. Wrestling constantly finds itself being the scapegoat for shitty parenting, so if a kid kills their sibling using a wrestling move, people will blame WWE and possibly sue for marketing that type of product towards children. Wrestling is meant for the 14-34 audience, and if you target exclusively to them, they won't feel embarrassed for watching it.

3. Stop Being Formulaic. WWE right now is terribly predictable. They need to return to the shades of grade formula where characters are more realistic. Things were more fun when everybody was feuding with each other regardless of character alignment, such as late 1996-1997, where HBK and Bret Hart were babyfaces who hated each other (late '96), Steve Austin hated Owen Hart and British Bulldog despite them all being heels, Steve Austin beating up Brian Pillman, and Undertaker was constantly trying to screw Bret Hart over. Also, the superhuman-like babyfaces need to end. The ratings and buyrates show that the fans are tired of Cena and HHH being unstoppable because their matches are so predictable. You can clearly see the direction feuds are headed these days - they have a match against each other where the heel wins, they have a rematch that leads to a DQ, and the face wins in a big stipulation match. What happened to plot twists, different PPV endings?

4. Use the damn Mid-Card. You're not gonna build up the future by having long mid-card title reigns for main eventers that rarely defend it and having the actual mid-card talent do nothing.

5. The Current Main Eventers Won't Be Here Forever. This goes with the last two points. The fans aren't interested in seeing Randy Orton vs. HHH part 9000.

What I would do to improve ratings is this.

1.) With the plethora of talent the big money match ups dont have to be rushed and can be spread out so they'll be desired more. With more talent guys can have free TV matches with lots of guys and I can also test the crowd reactions for future programs down the line. I would also announce those big matches on TV the week or 2 prior so people will have a reason to tune in.

2.) Balance out rosters and elminate ECW. Lots of roster cuts and demotions to FCW as well as guys being regulars on Heat and Velocity along with being available as extras when needed.

3.) Big roster moves: Only top names mentioned

a.)[B]Triple H to Smackdown[/B]: I would make Triple H a heel but make sure he doesnt over shadow Edge as the top heel on the brand. Let Triple H work semi-main event programs with guys upper mid-card guys to give them the final rub they'll need before getting to the main event. He'll also have his presence in the World Title scene but programs with Rey and Taker are in line and eventually Edge when the time is right.

b.) HBK to Smackdown: HBK would serve more on the blue brand putting over young talent being either playing a babyface or a heel depending on who he's up against. HBK is more of a draw now than when he was in his prime and the right build up with any young guy can draw a decent buck as a semi main event and can help buff up under cards on a PPV.

c.) CM Punk to Smackdown: Pretty explanatory, Punk will be the top face on the Smackdown roster and in the World Title scene on a consistent basis. Guys like Taker and Rey Mysterio will do high profile matches with other guys like Triple H, HBK, and Jeff Hardy and be thrown into that scene when it can make sense.

d.) Trade: Hardy for Hardy: Matt is begining to gain a lot of traction as a popular main player in the WWE and a switch over to Raw would be fresh for him as well as Jeff going to Smackdown. Taking Jeff off the flagship show is somewhat of a demotion due to his suspension but there will be a new crop of guys for him on Smackdown that he can go against and if he doesn't fuck up a top babyface spot is in line for him. Matt to Raw is deserved as he's walked the company line and the fans are really behind him and deserving of a top baby face spot on Raw.

e.) Mark Henry to Raw: He's done everything with everyone on Smackdown and after his clash with Michael Hayes this is a much needed tune-up for Henry and could revitalize his career. I'd book him a muscle for hire type guy and get him over eventually as a montster heel who could go against a top babyface.

f.) Batista to Raw: Batista needs fresh challengers and he doesn't have to be the top guy or focal point of the brand on Raw that title goes to Cena who have proven he's up to the challenge. Batista can what they pretty much expected from Bobby Lashley when he was drafted to Raw. He can have big matches with a lot of guys, eventually Cena. But there's Orton, MVP (more on that), Y2J, Mark Henry (with new and different meaning), Kane, Mr. Kennedy, Finlay. A program that I'd have my sites on sometime down the line is Batista working with Mr. McMahon that would certainly elevate The Animal.

g.) MVP to Raw: MVP over to the flagship show is necessary as he is ready to be a prime time player and he would be my number 2 heel. MVP and Cena could draw money. MVP-Matt Hardy on the A brand would be bigger and better if the WWE Championship is at stake.

h.) Big Show to Raw: At this point I would have Show as the number 2 baby face but he would certainly have oppurtunities to make a turn and do things with other guys to make things fresh. Show's presence on Raw would be to get up and coming heels over and as well as having his involvment in the WWE Championship scene. Big Show's credibilitly as dominating force needs to be established as the only way he can lose is being cheated or in multi-man matches where he doesn't get the cover. When the time comes to turn him heel a big money match with Cena will take place as well as Batista. Big Show needs to be a big draw on Raw.

i.) Finlay to Raw: Since a lot of established top guys will be going to Smackdown to work with younger talent, I'll be giving Finlay the job of getting younger talent over on Raw. He's going to have a lot to work with because much of the lower card and some of the mid card have very little exposure to TV. Finlay will also be responsible for getting guys ready to face the top baby faces like Cena and Batista. A lot of his exposure will be with Hornswoggle and there will be some comedic relief along with that on the part of Horny.

j.) Umaga to Smackdown: We all know it's going to happen and we all know why. Umaga is as over as he can be on Raw he needs fresh meat and he can be a major player on the blue brand

Those are the major changes that will be affecting the two brands that are worth mentioning although lots of other guys will be moving around due to the end of ECW.

4.) William Regal relinquishes his GM duties to Teddy Long and Regal becomes a full time competitor: Regal will be one of the top heels along with Orton, MVP, Mark Henry and the tweeners who will make their turns. He will be doing very much the same thing that Finlay is doing. Although Finlay will be putting over mostly the young heels, Regal will be giving the rub to the baby faces so they can get credibility and establish drawing power for when they get shots at Orton and the other top heels.

5.) Smackdown moves to Thursdays: Wrestling on Fridays is a terrible idea as is TV on Fridays. Thursday is a big TV night as it will gain more viewers and very well hurt our competition: TNA.

6.) Huge emphasis on wrestling. In the same way TNA is trying to incorporate the MMA style I want to incorporate that as well. Throw a little bit of the "Stampede style" in there as well.

7.) Womens divison, Unified Tag Titles and the Cruiserweight division on both brands: There's too many women, lets focus on the divas who can actually wrestle. The rest can be valets, hostesses, backstage interviewers, and anything else that fits there strengths. For those you don't fit in any of those roles can go down to FCW or can be kicked to the curb. The tag titles need to be unified and there needs to be an attempt at creating a new era of tag team wrestling and establishing the tag titles as meaningful. The Cruiserweight division and it's title will come back and fill a role very much similar to that of the luchadors in the Nitro days, get the crowd going.

8.) IC and US Titles need to be established and cared about.:I'll have guys who clearly are not ready for the main event and can work fight it out for these belts. If that passion comes across that they'll do anything to win either mid card belt that makes the heavyweight titles that much more important. I will book good "work horse" type of matches and make those two prestigous belts mean something again and have the titles defended frequently enough to give special meaning when they are put on the line.

I wont put a ratings number on what I could do but I can certainly guarantee and improvement to Mr. McMahon with these booking decisions.

1.Fix the Tag Team Divisions. Have the World Tag Team belt be the top belt and the WWE the lower card Tag Belt. You could have new teams go for the WWE tag team belt or ones who need experience.

2.Bring back the cruiserweight division.

3.Rosters would be-

Smackdown

Main Event - Big Show, Undertaker, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Umaga, Cena and Rey Mysterio.

Mic Card - Greggory Helms, Matt Hardy, CM Punk, Chavo Guerrero, Koffi Kingston, Chuck Palumbo, DH Smith, Elijah Burke

Low Card - Collin Deleaney, Matt Striker, Snitsky, Funaki, Bam Neeley, Big V with a suit on or a Shirt

Tag Teams - Jesse and Festus, Morrison and Miz, Santino and Carltio, Wang Yang and Moore, Highlanders

RAW

Main Event - Chris Jericho, Batista, HHH, Orton, Kane, Khali, Finlay, Regal, Mark Henry and JBL

Mid Card - Mr Kennedy, Shelton Benjamin, Jeff Hardy, MVP, Kozolof, Noble, Tommy Dreamer, Mike Knox, Stevie Richards

Low Card - Val Venis, Super Crazy, Ron Simmons, Jim Duggan, Dykstra, Nunzio

Tag Teams - Cryme Time, Paul London Brian Kendrick, Cade and Murdoch, Rhodes and Holly, Deuce and Domino, Hawkins and Rider

K Kwik Ron Killings to Smackdown and Chris Harris to RAW.
I never made any new teams or changed gimmicks but id really give the guys a push.

4.Id either get rid of ECW altogether or make it Heat make it mulitbrand. They could tape one half of heat at Raw and the other at Smackdown. This leaves room for all those idiot Low Carders miss out Tag teams and time for other feuds to expand.

5. PUSH THE HELL OUTTA THE MID CARDERS!!!

6.Annual matches would be
Money in the bank 6 man with qualifiers.
Armageddon hell in a cell 6 man world heavyweight title. At Armageddon.
6 man elimination chamber for the WWE title at Summerslam
King of the ring annual at RAW on a 3 hour special
royal rumble with qualifiers
a tag team tournament for the world tag team titles
beat the clock would be a Smackdown specific
bring back the annual smackdown vs raw survivor series match
and wm inter promotional match smackdown vs raw

7.you could have wrestlers feud with one from the other brand but it would be in a limited capacity im looking at travel issues and work load as a reason

EDIT: IM proud of my changes
some of the other peoples changes are what theyd want to see this is what i feel would work its not half bad either
Combining brand wouldnt work because of the size of the company

CENA Heel would work also

stop making EVERYTHING so predictable. i mean cmon. at every "celebration", somebody interrupts. that gets kind of old.

take away one of the tag team belts. make them defend on all brands.

bring back the cruiserweight belt!!! make it mean something!!!

more stables

RAW-

1. Give Umaga a WWE Title run
2. Throw IC title on Kennedy
3. Less Diva tag matches (i mean cmon, they could have their own title for that with the way they keep having them)
4. Give JBL something to work with

SD!-

1. Put different ppl in the ME (i'm tired of only being UT, Batista, and Edge)
2. Push Hardy more
3. Make use of cruiserweights
4. Hell, make use of the talent

ECW-

1. Make less predictable, more interesting
2. Throw CM Punk on some other brand, also Burke
3. Put more experienced superstars on the brand (Jericho, Cena, something)
4. Bring up a MC title (ECW TV Title?)

As someone mentioned earlier and I agree with:

1. REVAMP AND PUSH The Tag Team division. Since we only have so few tagteams to go around these days (more on this rant in a sec) I would have just one set of WWE Tag Titles and do the "undisputed" thing with them..allowing the title holders to go back and forth between shows.

<Continued Rant regarding the Tag Teams in general> What in the world has happened to this section of the WWE??? It's practically non existent and no one really cares. I mean, what further proof do you need when they have a DARK MATCH at the JD-PPV for the titles?!?! A DARK MATCH?!?! These shananagins have to go!

What we need for the tag team division is another set of bruisers..Legion of Doom style bruisers that could even give the Brothers a run for their money. Make that 2 sets, a Demolition type for Smackdown! and LoD type for RAW.

2. All the "DIVAS" would be brought to the back except for Victoria and Glamazon, and explain to them that the playboy days are over, if you can wrestle you are on TV if you can not..we'll put you on a DIVA DVD but thats about it. We need another oldschool "Chyna" type character in there..hell go to TNA and get Awesome Kong, that would be cool to see her squash some these puny girls in the ring, Umaga style. I'd have one Diva, someone with a quick finisher get a push, start showing up on all shows and running in and nailing other Diva's with it to set up a for a mini-Royal Rumble for the women. Think of a female Stone Cold, and you have my idea down.

3. Quit letting Triple-H get all the "mic 1-ups". Apparently he used to hate feuding in storylines with Austin for the fact that if he said something smart, Austin usually had something even nastier to say back to him and made him look inferior. Since then, if you have noticed, he almost always makes sure he gets in the last word, whether its his night to job or not.

4. On that note, I'd get away from this formula they use for the wrestlers of "trump me one week, I trump you the next week" back and forth all the way up to the PPV because 9 times out of 10..the person that gets trumped last the week of the PPV....is the one that wins their match on the PPV lol. Too predictable.

Unify the Brands - Once the brands were separated, ratings went downwards. Unifying all brands opens up many new feuds and would make shows like Smackdown/ECW worth watching. Also, they should only have one WWE championship. Having 2 (or 3 if you consider ECW) makes the top belt seem less prestigious. A few years ago, having the WWE Title meant you were the best in the business. Now it means you're tied for the best in the business with the WHC.

Unpredictability - They did a good job earlier this year with the Royal Rumble but the rest of the year has been very bland. We've seen Edge/Taker and Orton/HHH many times, and it's getting a little old especially when the outcome is always predictable.

Credible Tag Team/Mid-Card Titles - The Tag Team division is dead. In the days of Edge/Christian, Dudleyz and Hardyz, the Tag Titles actually meant something. They had epic battles for the belts in TLC matches, Ladder matches and Table matches. Nowadays, the Tag Titles aren't even worthy of being defended on PPV's. The same can be said for the US/Intercontinental titles. Before, these belts were the stepping stones for mid-carders transitioning into main event status, but nowadays I don't even know or care who has the belt.

Push younger talent/Cut the politics, Triple H - The main eventers are really setting up a glass ceiling for the younger talent, much like the WCW days. On Smackdown, if you aren't Edge/Batista/Undertaker, you can pretty much forget about getting a WHC title shot. Raw's title scene is constantly filled with HHH/Cena/Orton. It's really getting stale. Create fresh feuds instead of recycling the same matches over and over.

Make the women's division based on the Women's Championship, not Playboy - Since Trish and Lita left, the women's division has become about nothing more than Playboy. Awesome wrestlers like Beth and Mickie have to take a backseat to Playboy models that can't tell the difference between a Wrist Lock and a Wrist Watch.

If WWE are going to keep it, MAKE ECW MORE EXTREME!
These are all storyline suggestions.

Turn Cena heel:
Return to his pre world heavyweight gimmick,put him in a stable with wrestlers such as mark henry, cryme tyme,chuck palumbo,and ron killings to create a thug/ganster stable. Have Cena take the title from triple h in a heel manner. Ron Killings rivalry with Shawn Michaels, ending with Killings running down HBK. QUE DX RETURN, but with X-PAC and a new face to DGeneration X. Add in a scoop of attitude era attitude, throw in a Shane Mchmahon twist somewhere and you got yourself a half decent rivalry!

Rated RKo vs Undertaker and Kane for WWE tag team championships prompting such meaning needed back to the tag team titles

Umaga vs Undertaker

A possible hardy vs hardy fued would be interesting, a heel matt hardy jealous of jeff always being in the limelight storyline would work. Possible legendary TLC matches could happen

Ken Kennedy vs JBl(both decent brawlers)
Ken Kennedy vs Randy Orton
and eventually Kennedy vs Mchmahon (but don't milk it too soon)

RVD vs Kane fued for ECW title:
Make kane a heel as i feel that without his mask is when he is most entertaining. Rob Van Dam wins prompting kane to move back to smackdown in to a serious World Heavyweight contender situation where he belongs

ECW fueds such as
John morrison vs RVD
Tommy Dreamer vs a drafted Finlay
Big Daddy V vs a returning Sabu
Gangrel vs Kevin Thorn (vampire gimmick),
would all be sweet so long as there are plenty of extreme rules matches thrown in along the way

More rivalry suggestions i know but i think these kind of matches and rivalries would really boast ratings and get true wrestling fans on better terms with the WWE. Impressive for a first post or what? :D

Less promos: Less Adversting of DVDS And T-Shirts and WWE Shop Zone and flashback of Rewinds of the Last week show and all of that.

Better Storylines: Let it betters storyline I dont think the WWE Fans wanna see the same thing after week after week like for example Randy Orton comes out talking about he needs an shot at the Title in Triple H comes out in they talk crap and blah blah in it be an match at the ppv. I wanna see some betters like the WWF Days Stone Cold got run over who did it? and lots of stuff that entertaing to watch. not to come out talk trash then an shot for the title some fun to watch every week.

Superstars Push: I start to push somes mid-carders and upcomeing new superstars to Main Event or so. some people like Umaga or so lets see Val Venis as an IC Champion or day and also Jericho.

Rosters Cut: I`ll try to fried some superstars that dont need to be needed like Lance Cade and Cody Rhodes and more stuperstars that unless to be needed.

Main Eventers: I`ll keep Cena,Triple H,Randy Orton and the other wrestlers as Main Eventers in try to get more WWE Superstars in turn them to an Main Eventers in help to boost the ratings in more fans audience.

Others: I say Segments because I think it can help the feud out in be more fun to watch. and lit bit more match it be about 5 match in WWE in very segments I think they should got to 7 matches and make more segements and more longer for entertaing to watch and longer lastling.

In my opinion, the Mcmahon's Million Dollar Mania is just a one time thing. Yeah it may attract more viewers to watch the show just for the million dollars, but after the whole promotion is over, Raw will be back to the original state.

What would I do to make the ratings improve? This is an easy question to answer. Longer matches, period. Wrestlers getting 20 minute matches regularly on TV will work harder, will try harder, will be able to actually tell a story in the ring, rather than just get from spot to spot. Longer matches draw viewers in. Bring the wrestling back into the wrestling shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back