What would you do to boost the ratings?

incrediblesim

Dark Match Winner
I read a thread a little earlier which was asking "Can the ratings ever be as high as they were in the Attitude Era?"

So my next question would have to be "How would you boost the ratings?" The Scenario is: Episodes of RAW does less than a 3 for a few weeks now Vince decides to hire you as a creative writer. He gives you full control over the WWE product- What would you do? Roster shake ups? One brand?? How would you like your WWE to be? So the question is how do you like your wrestling and how would you do it if you were a WWE writer?

I know there have been similar threads- so feel free to merge!

1. Balance out the rosters.

2. Less promos. I personally can't stand watching a 2 hour program when half of it is a plug for a dvd, new shirt, the website, rewinds of past weeks, etc.

3. Less DQ endings. Everyone around here agrees that its annoying to see. When you piss off your audience, they tune out.

4. If someone is popular, I'd push them...not necessarily "automatic main event", but I'd give them a nice program. If someone isn't getting a response (ala Snitsky), I wouldn't cram them down the audience's throats. If someone is (ala Jeff), I'd put him in a good feud.

5. No more childish, stupid, slapstick humor. Its insulting to the intelligence of the audience. Yes, there are probably a lot of people watching wrestling that are complete morons, but its a lot easier to entertain an idiot than someone with some wit in their minds. When we saw those Road Runner-esque skits with Hornswoggle a while back, I changed the channel and watched something else.

While I agree with you for the most part, NoFate007, I do not agree with this part of your post.

2. Less promos. I personally can't stand watching a 2 hour program when half of it is a plug for a dvd, new shirt, the website, rewinds of past weeks, etc.

How are you going to push feuds farther if you can't have promos? Sure, they might not need the DVD, Shirt, or Website plugs, but how else are people going to know they're out there? DVD's they might show a preview of on TV, but not a shirt or website.

Other things I'd do: Turn Cena heel (I'd be the perfect time right now since people hate him anyways), have more McMahon (while some people hate having him on the show, he can have good ratings), and try to bring back Legends every 6 months or so for an appearance (Stone Cold or Hogan). Other then that, the WWE doesn't need the ratings up right at this moment, as there's no competition.

Raw:
- I'd keep Cena where he is. He's a good, old school type of champion in that he can pretty much face off against anyone. Faces or heels. I don't know if I'd put the belt on him yet, but I would definitely do it once I have a clear idea of who I want to be his new rival.
- Force Triple H to go into semi-retirement. I think some of the best programming WWE had was when Triple H was away and on the shelf for a while. The Hardy/Orton program was over like gangbusters and there was some other quality programming during that period. Cutting Trips' involvement in the show would open up the door for other fresh faces to be pushed.
- Bring CM Punk over to Raw. Program him with Jericho and Kennedy. Let them all cut loose on the mic. All three guys could be HUGE assets if they were used right. Throw in Cade and Murdoch, who will probably be splitting soon, and you've got yourself a good IC title division. Don't be afraid to let the title change hands.
- Start utilizing the tag team division. You have Cryme Tyme, London/Kendrick, Holly/Rhodes, the Highlanders and I'm sure you could pair Harry Smith up with someone. Tag teams can be a draw or, at the very least, a showcase division.
- Women's division is fine, so keep on doing what they're doing.

Smackdown / ECW:
- Utilize the brand cooperation stuff more.
- Utilize Armando Alejandro Estrada better. That guy could be awesome.
- PUSH ELIJAH BURKE ALREADY. This guy is a total package. He can get it done in the ring, on the mic, he's got character and charisma. God damn. Form a stable with him, Miz & Morrison, and maybe throw in Ken Doane when he gets back. And don't make them look second rate and get squashed by everyone that faces them.
- Put Kofi, Matt Hardy, Shelton Benjamin, Steven Richards and Kane on the opposing good guy side. A good heel stable versus a loose alliance of babyfaces would be awesome.
- Start pushing MVP to the world title. Him ending Taker's streak and winning the belt is the ideal goal.
- Fill out the Smackdown roster more.

WWE, as a whole - Start making your midcard titles mean more.

It's simple. Put on a better show. Don't have 3-4 pointless promos all involving the same guy/s. Keep it to 2 appearences a night at the most (one in a match, and maybe one to set it up)

Also, don't only push one guy in the main event. Before Angle in TNA, they were ALWAYS puting different people in the ME, and alot of people loved the changing. No one person should ME 6 PPVs in a row, champion or not.

Another thing, and this might not gain new viewers, but it will keep the ones you have. Title belts! Their there for a reason! Use them! have at least one title match every show, or at least some mention of a title excluding the Heavyweight titles.

Finally, get the shows on better hours/channels. Here in Canada, RAW is constantly being postponed due to other sports, and it's also played on a 15 minute delay, and that 15mins is a LONG time to some. Plus, on a non ratings note, it makes the LDs quite hard to follow, expesially as everything is spoiler mere minutes before you see it.

If I had total control and money was not the issue, I would have to unify the brands, that is the quickest fix in my opinion. During WWE's hayday, when they were achieving there highest ratings, they had one solid roster. Instead of having all of this pointless lower card matches on the show, you could have a show full of stars and young up and coming stars.

Unifying the rosters would fix a number of things:

1. The quality of matches up and down each show: Currently on a normal Raw or Smackdown, you usually get at least one pointless match, imagine with one unified show that the worst match on the card would feature guys like Kennedy, MVP, Hardy's, CM Punk, Kane, guys like that. While you would have stars like HHH, HBK, Cena, Taker, Orton, Edge, ect. all participating on the show in one way or another, this would make the shows much more interesting.

2. The Tag Team Division-Many people ask what is wrong with the tag team division, well with the talent split, many good tag teams, or possible good tag teams are split into singles stars because they need enough singles stars for each show. The unification of the shows would open up the tag division to having better stars in it, not too mention put all the good teams on one show.

3. Better ratings-Its pretty simple, pretty much everybodies favorite wrestler would be found on each show. If you are a Taker mark, you would watch Raw, ECW and Smackdown because of the possibility of him being on all three, or if you are a HHH mark, you would watch to see HHH, he would be on every show, so you would watch every show instead of just Raw, or for Taker just Smackdown.

The unification of the brands/shows would create for a much more entertaining product, it would create a much better card and more than likely lead to the most direct increase in ratings, that would be the best fix. Will this ever happen, unlikely because Vince makes more money with the brands seperated, but if I had control that is what I would do.

I have a few miscellaneous suggestions, in no particular order.

1. More storylines. Nowadays, we have feuds but not really stories to go along with them. Many moons ago, wrestlers from both the top and midcard levels almost always had a story to go along with their feuds. Some were lame, sure. But these days we have feuds that just seem like they were slapped together and there's no real reason to care. Stories make us like the faces more, and hate the heels more. I'm not saying bombard us with storylines for every match, but don't forget that wrestling is at its core, a soap opera that ends in fights.

Having more storylines would also help in getting people more behind midcarders. In general, unless they are extraordinarily talented, is there really any reason to care about the midcard matches?

2. Stop redoing the same matches over and over. This seems to happen a lot. In most recent memory, did we really need to see 5 or so punk vs. morrison matches? Same for punk vs. chavo. It seems like we keep seeing the same matches, both on regular shows and pay per views, with minor twists (e.g., the triple threat raw championship from wrestlemania now is the same but bradshaw is in the mix too).

People get tired of the same matches, they take on this "been there, done that" mentality, especially since they tend to end the same way. so what's the point in watching or caring after already seeing this match before?

3. no more supermen. Nothing is more annoying than someone who just cannot lose. Obviously cena comes to mind there...for the longest time, no matter what type of match was thrown at him and no matter who it was against, the matches went the same. he'd spend the majority of the time getting wailed on, then he'd bust out a few power moves, get wailed on some more, then somehow miraculously win. i got bored of cena matches and didn't care because i knew he'd always win.

cena is not the only example, but probably the most blatant. HHH also falls into that category. in a 1 on 1, straight match, he cannot ever lose. i think it would make matches more interesting in general if there was at least a reasonable chance that someone could always lose in a match.

also somewhat related to this, it is also kind of ridiculous what people can get up from these days. a while back, someone taking a DDT to the floor on the outside of the ring would create a story that would lay someone out for weeks only to come back with a vengeance later. these days, someone can take a ddt through an announce table, play possum for a little while, then somehow miraculously jump up at the right moment to land a finishing move on the opponent and score a win.

i think that making some of these guys "more mortal" would make matches more interesting to watch, and more unpredictable. unpredictability in wrestling is a good thing!

Firstly , I’d axe Khali and Mark Henry. The don’t make good telly whoever they wrestle.

Next I’d reshuffle the brands. They need to distribute the talent much better. I won’t do a complete list. But here’s are some of the major changes I’d make to for the big guys.

Raw

Undertaker – Like to see him on Raw , I think he’d light that place up.
Batista – Been on Smackdown for too long.
Elijah Burke - Not given the push he’s need on ECW. Raw would suit him better.

Smackdown

Triple H – I know he wouldn’t like it. But the only way to give Smackdown! Some credibility is to put the flagship guy on there.
CM Punk – This guy is on a crest of wave at the moment , push him while the momentum is with him.
Jeff Hardy – I think he’d work better on Smackdown , its more congested on Raw , so have him on Smackdown as one of the big guys.

ECW

Chris Jericho – Have him as your head man on ECW. I wouldn’t keep him there for longer than a year , but it gives him something to go with , and it help push some of the younger guys. Give it some credibility.
Matt Hardy – Seems to be lost in the past couple of years. Needs a move from Smackdown , and I think he could do well on ECW.

Anyway enough of the brand extention.

Other things –

Cut the diva crap – Wasting time that could be filled properly. Particularly on ECW where its featured more.

Cruserweight Title – Defend it on each show. Have 3 and 4 way matches each show. Change the title regularly. Get the high flyers out , and entertain people. Don’t take it too seriously , just get the crowd going. Just like this sort of thing at No Way Out last year. - http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/No%2BWay%2BOut%2B2007/video/x18z1b_nwo-07-cruiserweight-open_sport Or the 2006 one - http://www.dailymotion.com/relevance/search/No%2BWay%2BOut%2B2006%2BCruiserweight/video/x2ia5u_cruiserweight-championship-no-way-o_extreme

Women’s wrestling – Like the Cruiserweight , get it on all 3 shows. Defend it regularly , and mix it up a little. And stop developing the storylines so much. Give things a month or so and change it around. We don’t need these things taken so seriously.

Tag team belt(s) – Get it to one. Defend them on all three shows. They’ve got a few decent tag teams know. Although they’ve manufactured most of them , there still pretty effective. The likes of Cody and Bob Holly , Cantino and Miz and Morrison.

Why can’t they have some matches that aren’t related to any storyline. Rather than trying to develop cruddy feuds , just give the guys airtime to show off their skills. I wanna see Kofi Kingston take on Shelton Benjamin in a 20 minute match. No storyline attached. I reckon done correctly it’d be a match of the year contender.

For one, I would totally get rid of that broken record style of Mike Adamle. Combine all rosters again and make RAW, Smackdown, and ECW be the top shows. But, the biggest ratings booster could possibly come to pass if they brought back the old style of ECW, instead of the current "watered-down" version currently. They need to bring back the hardcore division and get Tommy Dreamer and Raven to revamp their infamous feud.

That's what I think would boost the ratings. What also could work, would be to stop focusing so much on the world title and focus more on the tag team and women's titles.

Wwe Does Not Want To Focus On Hardcore Wrestling Because Too Many Wrestlers Could Get Hurt.

Wwe Has A New Concussion Program In Place So Wwe Does Not Want The Doctors Putting Guys On The Injured/inactive List Due To Injuries From Hardcore Wrestling.

I Still Don't Believe Benoit's Alleged Concussions Caused His Actions, But Wwe Should Not Put Guys In A Position To Purposefully Suffer Concussions Like The Old Ecw Promotion In The 1990's.

While I agree with you for the most part, NoFate007, I do not agree with this part of your post.

How are you going to push feuds farther if you can't have promos? Sure, they might not need the DVD, Shirt, or Website plugs, but how else are people going to know they're out there? DVD's they might show a preview of on TV, but not a shirt or website.

Well that's why I said less promos, not "no promos". I wouldn't mind a tiny little graphic on the bottom of the screen for 10 seconds saying "check out the new CM Punk t-shirt on WWE.com" if it goes away in 10 seconds. The feud promos though, have more original things. I don't mind mic segments and backstage interviews and such, but I get so sick of seeing the same recaps. If its a major feud especially, they run it on all 3 programs. When Edge came back and screwed the Undertaker at Survivor Series, we had the same exact recap video on all 3 shows for like 4 weeks. How many times do I have to see the same exact footage, you know? That's what I'm talking about with "less promos". Show me once a week or make the videos really short, like 20 seconds so it isn't that much of a burden.

Look the brand extension is NOT the problem , and ratings are not a problem. You guys expect like the AE era Rating ? These were Ratings and this was a time were WWE reached so high its so hard to get back to it. 3's and 4's are good but your still looking at the AE era ratings wich were a one time thing.

But Yea I think Rating can go up , first of all push the young lads with TALENT , not just huge bodies. example Mr Kennedy.

Less promos , seriolsy I do enjoy promos so its not a problem for me but its for the most part.

How about WWE starts thinking Out the box these days , name me one fued that is intresting. We got JBL vs Cena vs Orton vs Trips. These ar alwyas feuding inside the ring , either wrestling each other or just talking crap to each other. And for Smackdown lol how about you make your most feud with potential more Intresting ( Edge and Taker ) and not the same shit week in week out, Edge puts taker in a match to egt him hurt then Taker wins. Wow

As someone metnion lets see more title matches , not alot of people notice but more IC , Tag Team , Even womens champion Boosts rating alot. Lets have more title matches and more title changes on a Episode. O and for the Tagteam just unify it and you will have on hell of a Tag divison.

Have a proper GM , like the days of Bishoff on Raw. He was amazing.

Have more Factions.

And people might not like this but More Macmahon , if he uses him self right like he used to he would def boost ratings and add heat towards the show.

O and please Balance out the roster. Trips or Michelas should def go to Smackdown , Jericho to ECW just so that he makes it more intresting , Taker of Raw and let the Feud and Ratings rumble.

And for SD , it should go Live.

wwe does not wanted the wasted expense of smackdown going live.

THE ONLY WAY TO RAISE SMACKDOWN RATINGS ARE TO MOVE IT TO THURSDAYS BECAUSE FRIDAY NIGHTS SUCK FOR SHOWS TARGETING 18 TO 49 YR OLDS WHO GO OUT ON FRIDAYS AND SMACKDOWN IS OFTEN PREREMPTED FOR SPORTS IN SOME MARKETS.

I think the best way to get ratings higher up is to simply revamp the product. Wrestling needs to take a big risk. WWE has already proven itself to be the top dog and trend setter in professional wrestling. WWE needs to present wrestling in a new light. They need to reestablish themselves with the wrestling fan base they lost during the end of the attitude era. Most of them, like me, quit watching wrestling because the product had gotten stale. The only reason I started watching wrestling again is because I started getting an itch for it again. WWE needs to clean up (fire) all of their writers (at least the ones producing less results) and start from scratch. Hire new writers, those who have a vast knowledge of wresting, that are willing to tell good stories. Get better bookers who are willing to book individuals who actually have great in-ring talent. Last but not least...fire every last single member in creative because they have been a thorn in the WWE's side for these past few years. Especially HHH. Maybe then will the WWE see some results in ratings? Maybe.

Raw
Orton stays as champion, with Jeff taking it off him at some point, Jeff is hugely over, but for the love of god, no ladder match. Jeff wins clean at a big PPV or in North Carolina. I would have a monster finish booked. Ref goes down, Twist of Fate, no ref. Hardy tries to stir ref, takes RKO. 1-2-kick out. Ref still down, Orton goes for the punt, hardy gets up quick and launches Orton who's face bounces off the turnbuckle (not the pads, needs to hit the actual post). Swanton, 1-2-3, huge, high action ending

Triple H turns heel, and has a feud with Cena. They've both been pushed as major players, keep them away from the title picture for a while. But Cena, while nowhere near close to The Rock in terms of mic ability, would work as well with HHH as The Rock did. Triple H gets a dirty win at the PPV, Cena loses by DQ at the next PPV, wins a Street fight at the next one (Rock vs Austin Wrestlemania 17 style).

Jericho and Kennedy feud, both given ring time against quality opposition. Colour commentary by them both in the others matches. Bring back the spotlight promo for Kennedy. Feud ends in two out of three falls match, ideally.

Santino & Carlito win the tag belts, and Kendrick and London feud with them, eventually take the titles off them. K & L take the titles in a four team, tornado rules anything goes match. Push the weaponry and have some high spots for the mid PPV card.

Use the IC title as a mid card title again, Ron Killings in the picture with the likes of Cody Rhodes

ECW

Shelton Benjamin wins the ECW title from Kane, feud with CM Punk (Who else is gonna take it?)

Elijah Burke in a program with Kofi Kingston, a back and forth feud, I think these two will work really well together.

Smackdown
Edge dumps Vickie, quite nastily and publically, gets subjected to some monster stipulations against him, Big Show in particularly be heavy used. Edge dodges all these bullets though. Wins match with Vickie's job on the line, Teddy Long reinstated.

MVP moves up to main event level and takes on Undertaker. Similar push to Kennedy's smackdown push.

Matt Hardy US title, feud with Morrison, who bails on The Miz.

Colt Cabana and two other FCW competitors called up to roster as a three man group, and a combination of two will eventually take the titles. Give them some mic time for some funny promos.

Call up Ted DiBiase Junior

Batista heel turn, into a bully character, taking out faces randomly (Rey Mysterio, and the like).

PPV Card Structure (with some examples from my above ideas to help explain)

WWE Title
World Heavyweight Title
Main Event Feud (HHH/Cena)
ECW Title
Raw Tag Title
Main Event Feud (The Edge/Vickie issue)
US Title/IC Title (A face win to open the show if thats how booking will go)
Smackdown Tag Title
Main Event Feud (Jericho/Kennedy)
US Title/IC Title

Attempt to sign

Motor City Machine Guns - keep very quiet about it, and have them appear have a face-face feud with London and Kendrick. At a PPV, London and Kendrick to face a TBC team, MCMG music hits, tornado rules.

Christian Cade - Good tweener, is not in a good position on TNA at the minute, Edge's status plus Jericho's return give WWE more appeal. Placed on Smackdown.

AJ Styles - Very unlikely, but I would offer big money (WWE has the budget) and get him on Smackdown initially to compete for the title as a tweener.

Other Notes

Match specific promos

Improve Theme tunes for big names, Kenndy's new one is awful, create a sense of grandeur (generally improve product).

Less No contest finishes

Divas that can't wrestle learn, the ones that are in because they are hot should be Valets or backstage interviewers. Any contests like Bikini etc for the live crowd only, not taking my air time.

1.I would get even amount of wrestlers on my shows (yes i would keep all three shows)
2. Go back to the *good* wrestling not this waterd down style of wrestling

3.Tag team division needs to be way better

4.Cruiserweight title brought back to smackdown

5.ECW needs to go EXTREME again (that will never happen)

6.Bring back Joey Styles for ECW Announce Team

7.Have Cena never win the WWE Title again lol

8.Give wrestlers that need a push like Shelton Benjamin, Santino Marella, CArlito, For god sake even Jericho

9.Bring back ROck and Austin lol

There has been a lot of good ideas put forth so I'm not going to rehash them but I'd like to see a return to submission based wrestling and stop the restricted movelists. I understand injuries cost wwe money as the guys still get paid but aren't drawing and that's the reason why movesets are restricted (no pepsi plunge, no 450 splashs etc) and hardcore style matchs are few and far between. Also more gimmick matches off ppv's like they used too

Monday Night RAW
To boost ratings on RAW I would first bring back the Hardcore Championship by giving it to Jeff Hardy then secondly have Maria have a run with the Womens title third give Cryme Tyme a title run and also give John Cena another long title run.

ECW
Have Colin Delaney win the ECW title and give him a run with him and Tommy battle for it also add another championship to ECW

Smackdown
Give Matt Hardy a world title run with Big Show as US champ Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore tag titles then add a womens title to smackdown with cherry and michelle battle for it.

Monday Night RAW
To boost ratings on RAW I would first bring back the Hardcore Championship by giving it to Jeff Hardy then secondly have Maria have a run with the Womens title third give Cryme Tyme a title run and also give John Cena another long title run.
ECW
Have Colin Delaney win the ECW title and give him a run with him and Tommy battle for it also add another championship to ECW

Smackdown
Give Matt Hardy a world title run with Big Show as US champ Jimmy Wang Yang and Shannon Moore tag titles then add a womens title to smackdown with cherry and michelle battle for it.

:blink::blink::blink::headscratch: sorry man but that looks pretty crappy to me. First of all yes I agree with the Hardcore title retruning but to ECW and you want it to give it to Jeff hardy ? The guy before he scrwed up was the hottest wreslter at that time. Thats pretty stupid to me.

Yes Cena added so much credibilty back to WWE champion with his long Reign and yes he made a shit load of money for the WWE at that time , but another long title reign would piss the fans off. Maybe a 2-4 months ok but a whole year NOP.

BigShow competing for the US title and MAtt hardy for the WHC ? Not now maybe in 2009.

And LOL have Colin win the ECW title , they guy who is competing week in week out for a contract and he keeps on losing. Do you want to finish off the ECW title to a worthless crap more than it is now.

Anywyas Imo I know I stated my opinion about this topic many times but do you know what I relized. Combined with my other post , AE was succefull due to there new 2 top stars competing against each other wich were Austin and Rock. In the mid 90's it was HBK and Hart , in the 80's it was Hogan and warrior but today we will never see the top 2 dogs competing agaisnt each other wich are Cena and Batista . I know some people think theyre crap but these will Def do Wonders for todays Rating becuase theyre the 2 new Top Dogs for this Era of Wrestling.

As long as the Brandspplit is happening , one Brand will take the TOP TOP dog and the other wil take the TOP dog.

Some good points being made, but I would get away from this new idea of aiming the product at kids its just a joke!

The wwe is more interested in selling merch than getting ratings at mo anyway.

I turn cena heal if done right this could be like hogan joining nWo and give him a faction to lead maybe even with Vince, it would show a new side to his character and the shows need a faction a cena heal group taking on Taker would sell!

Dont join the brands too many stars would get lost in the mix and having the likes of Michaels and taker on 3 shows a week would shortern their careers.

More Vince and the Mcmahon clan for me they add cred to storylines and fueds.

WWE is in desperate need of a faction. Take evolution for example Batista and Randy Orton got their big break. Evolution brought spark to the show as oppose to your more traditional good guy, bad guy interference style matches.Theres nothing like the unstoppable bad guys and the saviour good guys. Talent such as Umaga (with a gimmick change),snitsky, cody rhodes, kennedy, carlito, santino, cade and murdoch would really benefit to work with some big names in a faction of some sort. I agree with upping up the tag team divisions.

have a draft and send a lot of dudes over to smackdown because they need it and ecw can use sd superstars

bring back the cruiserweights championship and sign up some crazy mexicans

get rid of the pathetic squash matches come on who wants to see umaga vs the highlanders

make the rivarlies more personal

use the usa title and the i.c more in have some gimmick matches for them e.g matt hardy vs mvp in a steel cage

sort out the tag team division you have got london and kendrick cryme time and youve got rhodes and bob holly as champs holly is boring

get rid of some of the chat shows and give santino a chat show

like u sed sue vince more come on the dx vince fued was quality

I wouldn't unite the brands. If you do, you'll have the same 4-5 guys fighting for the heavyweight championship week in week out, usually in triple threats and fatal-fourways. Here's what I'd do:

1 - Make a clearer distinction that Smackdown is the kid-friendly show and RAW is the mature one.

2 - Having said that, a roster change would be in order. Move the "normal" divas (the wrestlers) to Smackdown and the "models" to RAW. This would mean the women's title would go to Smackdown. Batista would have to go to RAW. He's way over with women (as in, not girls). Cena to Smackdown, among other changes.

3 - Shorten the in-ring skits. They drag on too long. Perfect example of how they should be told just look at anything involving Santino Marella. He goes in, says a few lines, gets booed or beat up, match set up.

4 - Stop always putting the top cards in the main event, usually at the same time. I know it's hard NOT keeping guys like Triple H or Cena in the title run, but find something else for them to fight over while they wait for their title shot. Invent something, like a monthly Jackpot Tournament. 4-5 guy enter this tournament where each win ads money into a collective jackpot. Their matches are normal, just that each time they win, money is deposited into a jackpot, which is then fought over at a PPV.

5 - Have a title change from time to time on Smackdown or RAW. Doesn't have to happen all the time, but every two, three months have a Intercontinental or TagTeam title change.

6 - Have clean wins from time to time. It's gotten so bad even PPV matches don't have clean wins!

7 - Bring back Joe Styles! I like my play-by-play announcers actually calling the moves and knowing their proper name - can't believe Mike Adamley doesn't know what a drop-kick is...

8 - Have a faction on each brand at any given time. I like La Familia.

I was going to mention something similar to what was said a few posts back....

Turn Cena heel, align him with Vince McMahon along with Batista, who will be brought over to Raw. The two of them plow through any faces that McMahon doesn't like. No funny stuff, no trying to act cool... just tough and quiet. They could go after HHH for a while, which could even lead to a couple more DX matches (which are insanely over with the live crowds)... except Cena and Batista are put over. Everyone will be wondering who can stand up to these two. Maybe after a couple months there can be a surpise addition to this duo... Someone that no one would expect (Not HHH, though). Someone along the lines of a Matt Hardy. Maybe after a couple more months, even add a fourth guy. They would seem unbeatable... like the nWo or Evolution... they would be made up of former fan favorites (like Hogan in the original nWo), and they could be used to elevate the status of the 3rd and 4th guys added (like evolution did for Batista and Orton). It would be re-using some ideas from former factions, but it would shake up the product, shake up the top names, and get McMahon involved... and if they pushed it right, Cena would still sell tons of merchandise (who DIDN'T have an nWo shirt in the late 90s?)

Imagine fueds with DX, the Brothers of Destruction, the Hardyz (which would be a perfect time for Matt to turn), etc...

AND... after a year or two, this would be the PERFECT way to elevate the next huge star (remember when Goldberg was going after Hogan and the nWo?)

If played out right, this could be a story line that lasted a couple of years without getting too stale.

In the meantime, bring back cruiserweights and the cruiserweight title.... except make it non brand specific. Let it be known that on every ECW show, two non-champ cruiserweights will have a match. On every Smackdown and every Raw, open the show with a cruiserweight match, and have an additional cruiserweight match (this one for the championship) before the main event. No promos or story-lines needed... the ONLY purpose for cruiserweight matches would be to pump up the crowd. 4 or 5 minutes of extremely high paced action would be plenty for each match. The 3 non-title matches each week could determine who was in line for title shots. Don't even use the cruiserweights on PPVs... make them TV only.

Finally... bring back the heavy use of managers and minor stables. Think back to the 80s and 90s.... Heenan had his "family"... they didn't act like the stables of today, but it was logical if they needed to team up. Fuji had several wrestlers he managed... so did Slick. They could come out and do the talking for people who weren't good on the mic, and they often added a new dimension to mid-card storylines. Some of the biggest heels in the 80s and 90s were people that didn't even have to fight.... Heenan, Fuji, Slick, Jimmy Hart, Paul Bearer.... bring that aspect back!

Heres a few things I would do, I like Orton as champion but I think the whole unstoppable gimmick is gettin a tad bit old and Triple H or HBK should get it. Im completely biased when I say Defenitely dont give it to Cena but I think that might help for a while but would hurt them in the long run. Defenitely scrap the whole 8-12 demographic plan because I really think wrestling story lines should get increasingly creative and realistic as time goes on. They could really push for a BIG name to return for summerslam and build heat on Raw/Smackdown.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back