What was the Best WWE Hall of Fame Speech?

L@RISANO

R.I.P Mustang Sally :( :( :(
[YOUTUBE]watch?v=ZffjflZA7LE[/YOUTUBE]

Just finished watching the one above of the Iron Shiek. It was actually the second time I watched it, but this time, it struck me how genuine he seemed when he spoke and it was highly entertaining also...

What do you guys pick as the best WWE Hall of Fame speech thus far??

LOL Awesome. Shiek's speech was quite entertaining. I'm sure he got in the sauce/champagne that I believe is served back stage. You can also tell he was so genuinely happy to be there.

Now if I was going to have to go with someone out of the, - what? 90 that's already in -, I might have to pick 3 inductees, actually 4. A Manager, diva, wrestler and team.

Manager defiantly Bobby Heenan. He entertained me and made me laugh so much every Saturday Afternoon it was nice to hear his speech (after recovering from throat cancer and the chemo) It showed that he still has that quick wit despite being knocked down he got back up and still maintained those positive vibes. I think that's why he's still with us :) I was glad to see how funny he still was. Like he never got ill. When he accidentally said WWF at the show, he then went and said that the World Wrestling Federation had the best wild life a long time ago using all the references from past performers names "They put me, the weasel sitting next to a gorilla" LMAO It was brilliant. I loved when he spoke about his time at AWA as well and of course ended it by putting over his best friend Gorilla Monsoon. Nice touch.

Million Dollar Man had a great speech. I enjoyed hearing his story about how he joined the WWE after his early stint in the southern territories. He delivered it real well and when he spoke about how him and the "brass" of the WWE created the Million Dollar Man.

Trish Stratus I thought out of the divas her speech was quite moving to. I always like to hear the history on where they came from and what it was like for them to chase that opportunity and how they got there. The long list, name dropping/thanks was cute, and ended it nicely by saying she was expecting. I have to give a nod to Lita's last year. Talking about her trip to Mexico, giving her respect to Arn and Rey Rey and also her punk rock line. I think because I'm also a fan of punk rock music and I loved her line "Find your punk rock"

For group defiantly The Road Warriors It was like a group/posthumous induction and it was nice to see even though you had Paul Ellering, and Animal, I still felt Hawk's presence when they put his action figure on the podium, and cued his "what a rush" line. If I remember correctly Paul said that he was the conductor, Animal was the strong engine of the train, and Hawk was the whistle. uhhhh ahhhhh what a RUSH!

From memory probably Bobby Heenan

He had been out of the limelight for several years recovering from throat cancer... and even though he was softly spoken and wispy voiced (unlike the Bobby of old)... he still had his wit and humour, and had the audience in stitches.

Particularly his jab at the world wildlife fund (over rights to the WWF where Titan changes his name to WWE by lawsuit) where he threw in ' Wrestling had a Snake, a Dragon, 2 Bulldogs, Killer Bees.... and of course the reference to the Weasel and the Gorilla!

Plus he joked with Pete Rose about betting (Rose is blacklisted from the baseball HOF over a betting scandal), and not being able to keep up with Ric Flairs drinking!

I loved the speech of Edge and Shawn Michaels. Edge talked about how his mum supported him through out his career and lots of things from his heart. So personally for me it's the Rated R Superstar and the Heart Break Kid!

Cheers!!

havent seen the Iron Sheik one but ill make a point of watching it on the network, Can't really remember most of them I remember the Bobby Heenan one was good and maybe Ultimate Warrior and Bruno Sammartino ones just for the fact it was good seeing them back in WWE again for one last time.

Bret Hart, personally. It was his first appearance at a WWE event since Montreal, and showed that the healing process between the two sides was underway. To see Bret able to undertake a lengthy public speaking engagement just a few years after being devastated by a stroke was also inspiring. On top of that, the content was great, with Bret telling some awesome road stories and throwing in some uncharacteristic comedy.

I just watched Howard Finkel's induction speech on the network this week, I really enjoyed it. Besides being a walking encyclopedia of wrestling history, The Fink at his core is still just a hardcore wrestling fan who got the chance to live his dream.

His speech really showcased how much pride he took in his career and how ecstatic he was to be inducted into the Hall of Fame alongside so many of the men he idolized and respected.

Ring announcers are very often overlooked and in most cases rightfully so but if you take things in perspective, they really do play a significant role at creating those memorable matches or moments that we all cherish and I think it's awesome the WWE gave Fink the honor and put him in the Hall.

I just watched Howard Finkel's induction speech on the network this week, I really enjoyed it. Besides being a walking encyclopedia of wrestling history, The Fink at his core is still just a hardcore wrestling fan who got the chance to live his dream.

His speech really showcased how much pride he took in his career and how ecstatic he was to be inducted into the Hall of Fame alongside so many of the men he idolized and respected.

Ring announcers are very often overlooked and in most cases rightfully so but if you take things in perspective, they really do play a significant role at creating those memorable matches or moments that we all cherish and I think it's awesome the WWE gave Fink the honor and put him in the Hall.

I just watched Good Ol' JR's induction speech as well, and it was quite interesting how his journey went and the fact that he got to live his dream even though he himself admitted numerous times that his genetic make-up meant he had no chance of a in-ring career whatsoever...
He called himself the first non-wrestler wrestling fan to get into the Hall of Fame and live his dream.

My favorite HOF speech of all time is Shawn Michaels' (which may be a little obvious given the screen name). He's my favorite wrestler/performer of all time & I even got to be there live to see him give his speech. His speech had everything in it from laughs to more sentimental moments & it was just the perfect little bowtie on both his last couple years/the matches he had with The Undertaker & his career as a whole.

My next favorite speeches are Mick Foley's & Jake Roberts'. Foley's is the timeless story of the diehard fan who gave it all he had & put his body on the line to make a name for himself in a business that never wanted him & Jake's is the quintessential story of the battered & bruised pro-wrestler who finally got clean & found happiness after all these years but was just a little too late since he can longer do what he loves, perform. Not to mention both men are some of the best story tellers the business has ever known.

Don't know best speech, but coolest quote goes to Scott Hall.

"Hard work pays off, dreams come true.
Bad times don't last, but BAD GUYS do."

2 sweet!

hall-nwo.jpg

Bret Hart's speech was the best. His stories he told were both entertaining and heart warming. I really enjoyed the stories he told during it. The comments about Owen and his dad were great too.

I had to go with Jake The Snake Roberts. In my opinion, he stole the show during his induction and his speech just sort of reminded me just how strong he was on the mic back in the day.

I thought it had a special feel to it because, in all honesty, it's something of a miracle that Roberts wasn't dead long before now. As he was talking, I kept replaying all the various stories I've read about him over the years and I kept seeing him in the Beyond The Mat documentary in the late 90s because he was just such a wreck. When he showed up on the old school episode of Raw last year, I marked out. He looked...well...he looked good. He looked healthier than I think I'd seen him since back in the day.

I thought Jake would wind up being one of the great wrestling tragedies and while he's had it rough, he's in a better place than he has been in decades and I thought the HOF really showed that.

JBL's speech inducting Ron Simmons was brilliant, as was Bobby Heenan's, Scott Hall's, Iron Sheik and Jake Roberts.

JBL's was especially good, no pausing, no notes and so much passion.

I loved Warriors just for the fact that it was a rollercoaster and you had no idea where he was going next. Warriors quote about WWE losing the battle to the world wildlife fund had me rollin. Of course they edited it out. That whole speech made ME feel uncomfortable for the WWE..,which is why I loved it.

My favorite ever though, including the induction speech is Jake Roberts. DDP hit it out of the park and Jake did what hes always done on the mic..,and thats tear it up

Honourable mentions to Bret Hart and Bobby Heenan but my favourite is definitely Jake Roberts. That is probably the greatest hall of fame speech in any sport ever given. An honest look at a life he almost threw away and a load of talent he squandered from one of the finest, if not the finest, speaker in pro wrestling history.

Frightening to think of how good a clean cut Jake Roberts would have been, though I guess his dark side gave him the edge that his character built from.

How could anyone top Mr. T?

But seriously, for me, Edge was always one of my favorite wrestlers, so I may be a bit biased, but his speech was great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back