What To Do With Kofi Kingston?

I agree with Mantaur, I don't think Kofi needs to go anywhere else to be successful. True, he could use some more time to showcase his mic skills, but as far as feuding with someone, why not Big Show? Big Show just came out of a program with John Cena, so when Kofi picks up a couple wins on him, he will look just fine.

Honestly this is where I think the WWE should take Kofi next creatively. First, keep him face and champion. Then at NOC, have him no show at the PPV. Then later at the PPV that night a note is left saying that the only way Kofi comes back is if the title is put up for grabs in a fatal 4-way match tonite with these opponents Kendrick, Carlito, The Miz, and Evan Bourne. Towards the end of the match out comes Ezekial Jackson demolishing everyone except TBK. Making TBK the mastermind behind all that went down. Then again this storyline could be made to last several weeks if they want to drag out the "Who dunnit?" angle.

Kofi just needs a good singles feud. What he needs is a long and very competitive US title run. Defend it regularly against a quality, proven opponent. Right now I'm guessing a Bourne/Show/Kofi triple threat at NOC, but I don't like that. Wasn't it a little over a month ago at Extreme Rules where he defended the belt in a fatal fourway? He needs what Mysterio needed, but not Jericho specifically. It would be great, but it would take too much switching around to make it believable.

I would like a feud between Kofi and Miz. Miz is a guy who can handle most of the mic work. Miz I think just finished his Cena program for a while and needs something to do. Plus, I could see Miz and Kofi putting on some very good matches. Plus, if Maryse takes the valet role with Miz, it can give him an unclean or two over Kofi and let Kofi chase the belt. I mean if you think about it, Kofi has never fully chased the belt. His first reign was a shocker and his second one, he only did one promo with MVP but that was it. If he lost to Miz at say ... Summerslam and then became the chaser he would be taken a lot more seriously.

Kofi seems to be good in the ring and over with fans. If they want him to really be respected they need to have him stop losing his non-title matches. I think he has lost 2 in a row, to Evan Borne then to the Big Show.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I think this is something that the WWE needs to change. It seems like the champion always loses in non-title matches. CM Punk losing to Morrison twice is another example. It just makes the champions look weak and lose credibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back