What the fuck? WrestleMania 27... version 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaneanite

Getting Noticed By Management
We were GOING to have Del Rio vs Edge again, but unfortunately one of the best performers of all time retired.

We have Morrison added to Cena vs Miz..

Randy Orton vs Punk again, seriously?

SPOILER FOR SMACKDOWN!:

Cody Rhodes vs Rey Mysterio... again

The King vs Cole.... except added another guy that doesn't wrestle and Jack Swagger who mysteriously is back on the same page as Cole.

Isn't WrestleMania supposed to be the climax of feuds? Isn't it supposed to end feuds and jump start the careers of others to put them in line for a big year? WrestleMania sucked so now we have all the same matches with added stipulations into the very next PPV? WHAAAAAAAAAT?

Its such a disappointing card, with del rio and christian at least someone new gets the title, i'm really hoping that the miz loses the title, or rather someone besides cena fights for it and i don't think morrison can pull of the title run. Punk vs Orton SHOULD have ended at mania, randy put most of the nexus out of order for mania and now they are back in time the lates ppv. As for Cole and lawler i really don;t care about that anymore. At mania i just wanted to see cole get beat down but now i just want it to end. It is IMPOSSIBLE to watch Raw or Smacdown with Cole announcing. Its just incredibly irritating when you want to focus on the match and all you can hear is him throwing insults. As for Cody and Mysterio....ok they are just dragging that one way out there.

If you remember correctly, for a number of years WWE had Backlash as a follow up PPV that provided some of the same matches. It would be pointless to have Nexus return and suddenly forget about Orton and move on, and also, I know it is a fault of the WWE but instead of having a month to completely start new feuds for this PPV it can be easier to elaborate or add more. Example, Miz/Cena AND Morrison, while in the same time pushing Truth as a heel.

Even though Christian HAD to replace Edge, the WWE knew Edge was on borrowed time, thus allowing him to win at Mania. If Edge wouldn't have retired chances are Christian would've turned and you'd be seeing a Christian/Del Rio/Edge match also, which again is slightly different yet with continuity. Its expansion in a way. The rest of the matches are still to be announced also.

Where were you last year? The exact same thing happened last year and previous years. Wrestlemania is the biggest event of the year so it focuses more on the big stage, flashy entrances and backstage promos. The matches get cut short and let's be honest, the matches are good but they aren't great. Having a PPV like Extreme Rules allows us to see the full potential of the feuds and see some damn good matches.

I would agree with you if the matches had the same stipulation but they don't. A steel cage match for the WWE championship, a ladder match for the World Heavyweight championship and a last man standing match. Regardless if we saw a tiny preview of those feuds at 'Mania, these matches will be better and I'm looking forward to Extreme Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back