What the fuck is wrong with these people?

Media Matters, a liberal watchdog group and persistent Fox News critic,

So a report from a group that has an obvious bias against the network is supposed to be legit? Not buying that either.

Bah. You people will shit on me regardless of what I say.

If what you said was in any legitimate, there would be no shitting.

So a report from a group that has an obvious bias against the network is supposed to be legit? Not buying that either.

A leaked memo is a leaked memo, regardless of the source. The New York Times was against the Vietnam War when they started publishing the Pentagon Papers, did that make them any less legit?

When Media Matters makes it a company objective to smear Fox News, then yes, it makes it less legit.

I'm not saying Fox News isn't driven by an agenda (it clearly is), but a group like MM doesn't come across as an objective, trustworthy source.

Anonymous Source = not legit.

Besides, I still don't get all the hate on Fox News. MSNBC does the same exact thing, yet gets none of the garbage that people pile on Fox.

Comparing MSNBC to Fox News is like comparing rabbit shit to bear shit. MSNBC does have a clear bias, but they don't claim to be "fair and balanced." MSNBC also doesn't try to present their news as the only way of seeing things, while Fox News likes to think you can tune into their channel and accept everything they say as gospel.

Then that's why MSNBC is a failure at what they do. Them and foxnews are two cheeks of the same ass, yet Fox blows them away in terms of viewership. All of the major news networks answer to advertising money. There is bias and subjectivity with every news source. I'm not a big backer of fox News, but they do what they do well, and that's be the number one news channel. You don't have to like it, but that's the ultimate goal of every channel on TV, grab viewers.

I agree with you, but then they shouldn't call themselves a news channel. Yes, all networks main goal is to attract viewers to make more money from advertising dollars, but Fox News sacrifices journalistic integrity to grab viewers. They should either present themselves as a right wing interpretation of news or as an opinion factory. News should be presented as close to unbiased as possible, and while we all know that isn't totally feasible, Fox News doesn't even try to attempt to keep it unbiased.

World English Dictionary
journalism (ˈdʒɜːn ə ˌlɪzəm)

— n
1. the profession or practice of reporting about, photographing, or editing news stories for one of the mass media
2. newspapers and magazines collectively; the press
3. the material published in a newspaper, magazine, etc: this is badly written journalism
4. news reports presented factually without analysis

Does this help anything?

Pro-union, pro-left wing groups organized a protest in front of FNC in NYC. What does FNC do? They send reporters down to antagonize and insult the crowd. When the crowd gets unruly, they bitch about it. FNC got exactly what it asked for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back