• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What roles will Austin, The Rock and Hogan play in WM30?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
Simple question.

I think the IWC's dream of Austin and Punk happening at the upcoming Mania barely has a pulse anymore. Maybe next year, if ever. I personally think Austin will sit out another year.

I can easily see The Rock being the special guest ref in the WWE Championship match. He won't wrestle and risk another injury this year.

Hogan is the biggest wild card in my opinion. First off, I know he's not even officially back in the WWE so this is hypothetical. He could be a "surprise entrant" in the Rumble. I think we all know he should not try to wrestle at Mania. The guy's body has been shot for years, so we could see him in some sort of tag match where he doesn't have to do a whole lot. The roof would blow off the Superdome if he were to do something as simple as a promo. What to do with him? Your guess is as good as mine.

I could see the rock coming back and defending former rival JOHN CENA, standing up to his opponent and build up cena "Like he need's that"

I Could see The rock saying "Cena is the best wrestler i've ever competed with and at wm 30 it's gonna be the biggest match of your career"

Austin hasn't had much to do in wwe in the past 5 years has he? a few returns? and 1 season of tough enough. I would be shocked if half of the newer wwe fan's even knew Who stone cold is, WWE seems not to be interested in bringing him back as much as they do with the rock.

The role that they would have would be drawing ratings. If WWE could get Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena on the same card with a lot of hype, it wouldnt even matter that HHH, Taker, Lesner, and any other part time legends showed up, you would have the 4 biggest draws in the history of wrestling at the same place and at the same time.

I think Hogan should be Daniel Bryans corner in one final match against the corporation with the ideal opponent being Triple H.

The Rock should not have anything to do with it unless he gives CM Punk his win back. How they do it i dont care but Cena got his win Punk deserves his.

As far as Stone Cold goes I dont see him actually wrestling a match but maybe the host of Wrestlemania 30 or something like that if anything but I dont see Punk vs. Austin happening this year if it ever does.

I didn't even think of Flair. Does he play any part in the show after his little fiasco on SummerSlam weekend?

I'd really like to see at least a backstage promo between him and Hogan.

I didn't even think of Flair. Does he play any part in the show after his little fiasco on SummerSlam weekend?

I'd really like to see at least a backstage promo between him and Hogan.

Flair would be a good legend to actually have a wrestling match, i would love to see flair go head to head with Dolph ziggler. i know ric flair is retired in wwe.
But ric wrestled good in tna so why not wwe?

The role that they would have would be drawing ratings. If WWE could get Hogan, Rock, Austin, and Cena on the same card with a lot of hype, it wouldnt even matter that HHH, Taker, Lesner, and any other part time legends showed up, you would have the 4 biggest draws in the history of wrestling at the same place and at the same time.

Problem is guys cant draw well when they cant wrestle. The fact that Flair's segments a year ago did well on Raw had more to do with how low the ratings have sunk than anything else, he provided a small spike , but fans are not paying $75 to see him, Hogan, Austin, Piper, DiBiase, et all cut a promo when none of them is actually wrestling.

Hogan: He already turned down an offer to appear at WM 25 (for which Flair and some others criticized him for) because he wanted more money than WWE offered. He was not in TNA at that time. Will he appear at WM 30, maybe, depends on his situation with TNA and again, if he accepts WWE's offer, they did WM 25 without him so its not like they are afraid to do WM 30. If he appears it will likely be in a non wrestling role, maybe as a side to a secondary feud which would get him (and the wrestler he supports) some added face time on RAW in the lead up to the show.

Piper: Probably just a promo/backstage vignette
DiBiase: Same

Austin: Stone Cold hasn't been much for appearing when he isn't heavily involved, chances are he would just make a one of appearance at the show, something live in the arena, a little bigger than Piper/DiBiase. I don't see him coming back to play second fiddle as an extra in a feud involving wrestlers who can actually wrestle.

Rock: Rock has promoted three movies and made a lot of money with his two brief appearances. After losing to Cena what's left in terms of a match that would generate the interest needed to justify the pay he gets ? Maybe Rock-Taker, but Im not sure Rock needs the money enough to add his name to "The Streak" List. I can see him as a Special Guest Ref who might have a hidden agenda, will he be fair or will he cheat, in a Cena vs Random Monster Heel match, similar to what they did with HBK in Taker-HHH III.

HBK & Flair: I can definitely see them being involved in storylines helping other active wrestlers get over in feuds but not wrestling themselves. They have both shown a willingness to work in that fashion in the recent past, and might be more believable in that role than Austin, plus they haven't had the money issues Hogan has (or command the pay day Rock gets because of his Hollywood status and active wrestler ability).

Brett Hart: He should have a role at WM 30 as well, but it wouldn't be anything different than guest ref/manager. I can see him getting more than a one shot backstage vignette but he cant wrestle either, plus his involvement would depend on other storylines and who else is being used (how many retired former Greats, no matter how great, do you need at one time assisting in the storylines ?)

Im sure a few others will get "The Call", maybe Hacksaw Duggan, Steamboat, Dusty Rhodes, DDP, etc , it's WM 30 and they should incorporate as much of wrestling's heritage and history as they can, but for most of these characters it's a one and done scenario.

I don't think Hogan or Austin will wrestle if they indeed appear - which I think they both will. They will probably both have similar roles - perhaps even identical roles for something that will be billed as the biggest event in wrestling history.

How I picture it is a heel will be in the ring ( Triple H, JBL, The Real Americans, 3MB) and a series of some legendary names will come out and hit their finishers to provide the fans with an incredible WM moment. Can you imagine, Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin and say Bret Hart taking out the 3MB.

The Rock is more difficult to predict. I still think he is going to wrestle. The Rock is worth shitloads - he doesn't need the money - so any choice to wrestle would be out of love for something he named his name doing. I mean, obviously the financial aspect of a few appearances is pretty incredible but I don't think that is the sole reason why he would return. If he does wrestle I think there are a limited of names he can face. Triple H, Taker, Brock and Orton are the only options that I can see in my mind. I currently think that a match with Triple H would be pretty great and a good choice for Triple H in his current role.

If it was my choice, I think The Rock should be used in a multi-man match. That would protect him from injury and allow him to work a match. Say him and two others vs The Shield would be smart seeing as they have history.

Flair would be a good legend to actually have a wrestling match, i would love to see flair go head to head with Dolph ziggler. i know ric flair is retired in wwe.

Flair has no business wrestling. And even if he did, why would he go against Ziggler?

If anything, he should be in Ziggler's corner. They messed up so bad when they had Flair hand down the figure 4 to The Miz instead of Dolph.

Flair really shouldn't be wrestling, neither should Hogan, but he has always been a favorite with HHH (who idolized him and patterned his whole on screen persona after him) and Vince, and carries a lot of weight respect wise with other heavyweights like Taker & HBK. If Vince thinks there is money to be made he'll use him, it's not like he didn't have incidents before during his WWE stints (including a bar fight with Brain Knobbs!).

Vince also will use Hogan - despite all their differences, when Vince thinks he can make money (and they can agree on financial terms) he gives Hogan the call.

Austin also had numerous run ins with Vince over storylines, run ins with the law for domestic violence, and even walked in mid storyline and quit over a booking dispute, but if again if Vince thinks he can make money and Austin is agreeable, he gets the call.

Certainly if Vince can make peace with Brett Hart (to make money selling his DVDs) then little things like Flair's boisterous behavior (or Austin's hard to work with attitude, or Hogan's creative control and financial demands issues) wont be an impediment.

This is pretty much simply what I'd like to see their roles be.

The Rock: I want Rock to face Brock if he of course is committed to dates to build up the match. If not then a simple promo would be cool.

Steve Austin: A promo or a guest ref for match that might involve McMahon.

Hulk Hogan: Just a promo maybe in ring or backstage cameo.

Really just about it. Would be awesome if ALL 3 were there. That would really help cap off and sell Mania big time and really make the 30 years seem extravagant with such star power.

I hope NONE Iam sick of the pt star taking spots away from the guys they have wwe has so many good wrestler but they don't use 70% of them bring in some new faces make it about the future not the past

I think with it being such a huge anniversary, it would be a let down if they don't have the following legends there to get their moment in the spotlight...

Hogan, Rock, Flair, Austin, Warrior, Piper

It's a 4 hour long ppv. Fit them in somehow, someway.

I could see all three of them somehow being involved in the main event (especially if it ends up being the champion vs champion idea). You know, like referee goes down due to HHH, HBK comes out, and kicks Orton, Austin comes out, stuns HBK, Rock comes out, Rock Bottoms Austin, and then HHH is up by this point, Pedigrees Rock, and then after a moment Hogan comes out to take out HHH. The fact that Hogan would be slightly seperate would help give him a more important feel, and to an extent, the other three have a WM history together. The only one really taking sides is HBK, who they could explain somehow having to do with HHH instead of Orton.

I guess if you are going to put these 3 guys in a scenario I will play along for the future of the business's sake.

I think if Rock was to wrestle he would have to face someone he is interested in wrestling, so I would say Lesnar is my biggest possibility.

Austin and Punk is what everybody wants to see, but honestly imo if he was at this event, I see him setting it up for 31 at 30.

and then there is Hogan. He says he has one more match left in him, however Hogan wouldn't put over any of the main eventers right now, I would say Hogan vs. The Real Americans.

Didn't read through all the comments, so apologies if this has already been mentioned:

But what if they took all the legends and paired them up with current stars as corner men?

Ziggler with fiair

Bret with Bryan

HBK with Ambrose

Rock with Reigns

Piper with Punk(?)

Hogan with Cena

Dibiase with Del Rio

Slaughter with the Real Americans

Y2J with Rollins

You've also got Foley, Edge and others who could be teamed up with other superstars.

They don't wrestle, but between Rumble and WM, they come onto Raw and slowly align themselves with each superstar and cheer them on from their respective corners...some even getting involved in the match somehow.

I think that would be a great way for the legends of old to pass on the torch to the future legends without really stealing the spotlight.

You guys are crazy if you don't think the Rock is going to wrestle. A special guest ref? He's not in the league of Austin, Hogan, HBK, Flair, or Bret....he's in incredible shape, and performs very well in the ring. He's either going to have a trilogy vs Cena or my other guess is possibly against Brock. Taker makes no sense, and HHH doesn't make sense at this point in their careers to be honest...and those two were the worst of enemies back in the day. To the guy who said he should "give CM his win back" ...c'mon man...really?

I'm praying Austin comes back against Punk...all of his interviews lately and the past year+ he has eluded to the fact that he wants $$$ for it...that is the only thing stopping him. Vince needs to just pay the guy. I'm done getting my hopes up though...I've been let down for the past two years waiting for this match. If it happens, it's amazing, if not, I'm not surprised.

I would love to see Hogan wrestle...the company needs to throw a team of doctors at him, rehab his ass like crazy and let him have "1 more match" at the 30th anniversary. I would LOVE (although highly unrealistic) to see him vs Cena....in a 10 min match..with the ending being Hogan stealing the win with a cheapshot (maybe brass knucks?) and ripping off the yellow pants only to have his Hollywood pants underneath haha...and spray paint NWO on Cena's back lol.....just a day dream.

Good thread, these are the 3 biggest names in WWE history and it is only right they are at Wrestlemania 30!!!

WHAT I WOULD LIKE

The Rock vs Brock Lesnar
This is the biggest match WWE could do with talent that is around and still alive. It is improbable but not impossible. This has A LOT of mainstream appeal.

John Cena vs Hulk Hogan
The biggest face from the golden generation vs the biggest face from the current generation. In the wrestling world, this is probably bigger than Rock vs Brock, although it wont have the mainstream appeal of the first match.

Stone Cold vs Triple H
One of the most intense rivalries ever and one that took us through the attitude era. McMahon brings his 'creation' back and alligns himself with Austin to take back the WWE.

WHAT WE WILL GET

I think out of the 3, the most likely to wrestle is Hulk Hogan. It will be his final match but it is more likely he will do an in ring promo and beat someone down like Swagger/Colter etc.

Rock wont wrestle in my opinion, scheduling will not permit. He could do an appearence as a special guest Ref as he isnt really needed in the build up, video messages will be suffice. Maybe the Rock will do a video message of some sort, he has done the last 3 Manias so as much as I hate to say it, he doesnt need to do this one. A shame.

Austin is the least likely of the three. Another shame but having Hogan, Rock and Austin in the same ring for some kind of promo would be epic. Having the Shield or the Wyatts attack and all 3 fighting them off would be enough for me. I think this could be the most possible. Austin vs Punk does nothing for me.

I hope NONE Iam sick of the pt star taking spots away from the guys they have wwe has so many good wrestler but they don't use 70% of them bring in some new faces make it about the future not the past

So you would rather see Ziggler or Barrett in a mixed tag than Austin/Rock/Hogan on the card? :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

You are so precious to those 'paying their dues'. This is Mania 30 and these 3 gentlemen need to be there.

Austin vs. CM Punk: piledriver match

Hogan vs. Cena: Superman match (loser gets shot out of a cannon)

Ric Flair with a wig and a sports bra vs. Whatever bimbo is divas champ

Undertaker vs. His faulty hip with death in his corner

The Rock vs. Acting Lessons

Brock vs. Marc Mero. Loser gets stuck with crowseyes Sable.

Myself vs TNA. Stipulation:If tna wins I make them all a sammich (to share)

If I had to guess, I'd think:

* The Rock will return in an administrative role in a match. Whether it's a referee, special guest enforcer, or something else.

* Austin, I could see lending a hand to a wrestler (probably a face) to get him a victory after his opponent cheats.

* Hogan I could see simply being in someone's corner or returning with an in-ring return speech midway through WM, explaining his new role with the company and thanking the fans for their continued support and the upper management for the opportunity etc.

There's no guarantee that any of them will have anything to do with WrestleMania XXX. It's true that it's the 30th WrestleMania, which is a major accomplishment for WWE, but that in & of itself is no guarantee that major stars from the past will be on hand for some kind of role.

Stone Cold Steve Austin has hinted at various times over the years that he's able to wrestle a match and that he'd be open to wrestling the right guy. Whether or not that's true is anybody's guess as pro wrestlers are also pro bullshitters. Austin may have simply made those comments as a means of generating buzz; you know, keeping his name out there among fans. A ton of fans would love to see him work one more match, but there's no way to know if it's a realistic possibility.

If various reports on The Rock post WM 29 are accurate, he might not even pop up for a brief appearance in WWE next year. His injury during his match with Cena obviously has him rethinking his future inside the ring, even if it's just once a year, due to jeopardizing his film career. His movie career has caught fire again the past couple of years and he's back to being a top action star in Hollywood. One of the reports that came out alleged that WWE had contacted the company contracted to produce most of their merchandise and said company was informed not to produce any new Rock merch in 2014.

As for Hulk Hogan, it's reported that he & WWE have a "verbal agreement" in place for Hogan to return. The story came out last week and alleges that plans include the possibility of Hogan being a surprise entrant in the 2014 Royal Rumble match and possibly having some sort of match at WrestleMania. Maybe it's legit, maybe it isn't. It's difficult to take anything at face value when it comes to Hogan but, if I'm not mistaken, this report wasn't quoted as being from Hogan himself.

As for Austin, it'd be cool to see him again. It's been a while since he was on WWE television and if he's someone that's genuinely able to get in the ring and wrestle a competitive match, then I'm all for him returning.

When it comes to Rock, I'm over the novelty of his return and I think a lot of other fans are as well. I'm sure he'd get a strong response if he showed up, but I don't believe that people are nearly as enthused as they once were. This is just speculation on my part, but I think his stock plummeted in the eyes of a lot of fans when he didn't show up for the post WM 29 episode of Raw. The few times his name has been mentioned on WWE television since, it's gotten a very mixed response of cheers & boos. Again, this is just speculation on my part, but I honestly feel that many people are truly seeing that The Rock only comes back to promote his movies, bask in the adulation of the crowds, get a ton of time in the WM build spotlight and collect a big payday before disappearing for another 8 or 9 months.

I've no real interest in Hulk Hogan returning, I really don't. For me, a lot of it's due to being burned out on seeing him as the focal point of TNA for most of the past 3.5 years. If Hogan still had the goods, that'd be one thing, but he doesn't. If he wants to show up at WM to work some sort of 6 or 8 man tag match, work some angle in which he gets the better of some mid-card heel, I could live with that. If he wants to pop up in WWE once in a blue moon for a nostalgia moment, that's okay too. IF he does pop up in the next few months in WWE, I'm sure that the live crowd will go nuts and Hogan marks will spray their shorts & bask in the afterglow while proclaiming it the greatest moment in wrestling history or something along those lines. I just have no interest in watching a guy who's incapable of working a competitive match due to his physical health be made into a central focus in WWE during WrestleMania season.

If anyone is still truly upset or angry about the Rock not turning up to the episode of Raw after WM29 then they really need to grow up. He got what sounded like a pretty horrific injury and was due to start filming soon after for God's sake. Forget the WWE his actual job is an actor now, its more important to him as it should be.

I agree the novelty has worn off mind you. But whether you love or hate the man you've gotta credit him for coming back and actually wrestling and being involved in feuds in my opinion. No way in hell he did it for the money. Of course fans like to moan about everything so they always find something to moan about when it comes to the Rock but I think he deserves some credit for his return. 3 WM's...2 matches with the biggest star in the company...2 matches with Punk...tag match with Cena...countless promos...segments with Bryan, Sandow, Rhodes, the Shield etc...but its time for him to take a step back again. Some will cry that's he gone away again like they're children but he's done his bit for the business now.

I'd love to see Austin and Hogan involved. More Austin though. Wouldn't want to see Hogan in a match, would just like to see him get involved in a beat down or something for nostalgia. That initial pop would be incredible. Austin however I want to see in a match...everyone is calling for Punk but quite frankly I'd like to see him take it to Cena. Yeah Cena would probably win and he doesn't need it blah blah blah but I want to see that.

First of all I want to go on record as saying if any of the price themselves out of WM30 then they SUCK!!! Now let’s get down to business… That is the key word people BUSINESS. I hate you nerds and geeks here sometimes because y’all are such “SMARKS” that you NEVER look at it from the casual fan side. This is WM30! The ANNIVERSARY of Wrestlemania! This WM is about bridging the gap between the OLD and the NEW while making the MOST MONEY POSSIBLE. That is called GOOD BUSINESS! I am so laughing at you bums saying the Main Event should be an IRONMAN match between Daniel Bryan and CM Punk…. LOL LMAO LMMFAO!!!! R U FUCKIN SERIOUS? Like really R U Serious? That might sell 740 live tickets and 30,000 PPVs… LOL…. Maybe! LOL… U guys are looking at it completely from a “True Wrestling Fan” standpoint but hey DUMMIES WRESTLEMANIA IS NOT A WRESTLING EVENT. It is the WWE;s version of the Super Bowl. You do realize even people who do not watch FOOTBALL NEVER MISS THE SUPER BOWL! That is how you want this event to be. So to do that you bring NAMES! Names people who are not fans of the sport want to see. Hogan, Rock, Stone Cold and Brock Lesnar all on the same card is GUARANTEED BIG MONEY! I am talking CRAZY PAPER! If U can throw Flair and so other Legends into the mix it gets even better. This one really could be the highest Grossing PPV EVENT EVER. I am talking period. Boxing, MMA, Pro Wrestling, it would not matter. This could be that HUGE. Okay so here is how the event should go down…

The Rock should actually wrestle but yeah I agree with someone earlier who said he should be in like a tag team match. I actually would like to see him and Roman Reigns in a match with the SHIELD. This would help solidify Reigns face turn and get EVERYONE in the match some major shine.

Since they starting setting this up in the UFC how could U not have the TAKER vs Brock happen this year? Brock is LEGIT…. People know it and he is just bad ass enough that he may be able to break the streak. Of course he wont but who cares?

I don’t jack off to this match like most of y’all but Stone Cold vs CM Punk would not be bad. I mean hey it’s a match both of them want and it’s a dream match for the fans. Book it. Whoever wins… Wins. It doesn’t matter either way.

And I can hear the groan now but how could U not have CENA vs HOGAN at WM30. This match would sell MILLIONS! I hate them both and think the match would be GARBAGE but who cares? THEY WOULD SELL OUT THE UNIVERSE! Fans young and old would pay out the ass to see this. I see it being a ten minute match with CENA pinning HOGAN clean and then them both posing while the crowd GOES BALLISTIC! That WM moment would be classic.

Now I would love to see Triple H fight DB and actually losing but beating the snot out of Daniel in the aftermatch.

Cody Vs Goldust would be cool.

The Wyatt Family vs BIG E and Mark Henry…

Fandango vs Honky Tonk Man…

Jericho vs anybody…

Ziggler with Flair as his manager vs HBK

RYBACK vs either GOLDBERG or the ULTIMATE WARRIOR

And a bunch of throw in matches like Tyson Kidd vs Curtis Axel for the Intercontinental Belt

A.J. LEE defending her title vs KHARMA or a tag team match where at some point Tamina and Kharma get in the ring together…

I am just saying this is the BIG ONE BABY… You need names and Star Power and whether U like it or not THESE MATCHES BRING THE HEAT IN TERMS OF THAT!!!

We will probably get a bunch of promos from the Legends, maybe one will be in a match, whatever.

What I would like to see is:

John Cena vs. Randy Orton vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. The Rock vs. Ric Flair vs. Hulk Hogan in an 6-Man Armageddon Hell In A Cell match for the Undisputed WWE World Heavyweight Championship Title!!

Actually, I would rather replace John Cena with Chris Jericho and Randy Orton with Kurt Angle, but like I said, the Legends are only there to sell more tickets and Pay Per View buys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back