What now for Wade Barrett?

That's a good question. Barrett could possibly be worked into the Miz/Orton title feud with a triple threat match or interference, and I think that is likely what they would do to keep the title on Miz without having Randy lose cleanly.

Cena, in my opinion is and should take time off to sell his firing. It was a huge emotional moment and will build up to a hell of a feud between Cena and Barrett when he eventually comes back. If he came back the next week then the match vs. Wade would not live up to half of it's potential. Maybe Wade can throw out a Cena reference every now and then to get heat and keep it in people's minds but I don't think we should see anything of Cena for a while.

Then there could be the power struggle between Otunga and Barrett. It's been made clear that Otunga fixes to be the leader which does not sit well with Barrett. It would probably end up with Otunga's ejection from Nexus. Maybe he could team up with the other rejects and feud with Nexus?

With the heat Wade has right now? He would engulf the mid-card heat. And how is the main event "extremely crowded"? On Raw, you got Orton, Barrett and The Miz.

I am going with the trend and say "feuding John Cena." There's no way in heck that is over. I love that he is being transformed from a rookie leading a bunch of pissed off dudes to something personal between Wade Barrett and John Cena. Their next one-on-one match, the crowd is going to go absolutely apeshit for Cena to KILL Wade.

You also have although injured Cm Punk, a soon to return Triple h, Cena even although "fired", and Sheamus. If not being involved with Cena, Barrett would be just what i think he should be a mid- carder. He just in my opinion is not ready, he can't carry himself without Orton, Cena, or Nexus. Seriously. But if Cena and Barrett do have a fifth match you are correct, after the way raw ended last night: The crowd will go insane for the match.

IMO bring back Cena in the next couple of weeks at Barrett's request for vengence would totally negate last night's emotional farewell speech that Cena gave. they really need to keep Cena off of TV for a couple months. that way is return will seem much more epic.

So Barrett needs to do something to maintain his Heel momentum. so starting a feud with Miz wouldnt make any kind of sense whatsoever. and going after Orton seems like closing the barn door after the horse gets out.

maybe they will have the inevitable confrontation between Bryan and Barrett. it had to happen considering that Bryan was originally part of Nexus. let them have a short program and give Barrett the U.S. title for a while. and all the while, he's struggling to maintain control of Nexus, because it's obvious that Otunga is pulling some sneaky underhanded shit behind Barrett's back

Hey guys this is my first post here.

Not sure where Barett goes in the short term. Doesn't there have to be some sort of program with Draniel Bryan though? Kicked out of Nexus, oposed Nexus at SS and then became champion and loved by the fans--2 things Barrett never achieved?

I do think Cena/Barett at WRESTLEMANIA will happen

Not sure where Barett goes in the short term. Doesn't there have to be some sort of program with Draniel Bryan though?

Wade Barrett is above Bryan Danielson at the moment, and it's not even close.

Kicked out of Nexus, oposed Nexus at SS and then became champion and loved by the fans--2 things Barrett never achieved?

Barrett's hate from the fans goes well above what Danielson gets in love. When/if Danielson is at a point where he can feud with a main eventer like Barrett, then this could happen. But right now it isn't.

I do think Cena/Barett at WRESTLEMANIA will happen

It's a distinct possibility. And I love Barrett but he needs to get out of the main event, and cut his screen time drastically if WWE want Miz's title reign to succeed. If Miz is playing second fiddle to Barrett his chances of having a successful title reign drop greatly. Because if Wade's getting more heat than the top heel, is getting more TV time than the top heel and is continuing a feud with the top babyface then it simply defys the point of not making him WWE champion, and giving it to Miz instead.

What do I think is next for Wade Barrett? First he will probably brag about being the one to get rid of Cena. Then I think Orton will confront him about that and this will re-ignite their feud. Barrett will most likely keep trying to win the WWE Championship and can feud with Orton in Cena's place after Cena basically passed the torch to Orton until he returns. An Orton VS Nexus angle could be cool if you ask me because Orton is the best candidate on Raw to pick up where Cena left off in fighting Nexus.

What do I think is next for Wade Barrett? First he will probably brag about being the one to get rid of Cena. Then I think Orton will confront him about that and this will re-ignite their feud. Barrett will most likely keep trying to win the WWE Championship and can feud with Orton in Cena's place after Cena basically passed the torch to Orton until he returns. An Orton VS Nexus angle could be cool if you ask me because Orton is the best candidate on Raw to pick up where Cena left off in fighting Nexus.

Agreed. Now that Cena is gone, Orton is the top Main eventer there. So, Its obvious he's going to fill Cena's shoes. Although i do not agree entirely,
If WWE is smart, They'll realize we're growing tired of the same Nexus Crap. So, in turn, they will probably make a feud between David Otunga, And Wade Barrett.

Barrett will most likely win, but when he does, and Otunga is kicked from the group, the rest of the Nexus conspire agaisnt Barrett. In which, he becomes the sole hated superstar, after which, to be out for revenge agaisnt everyone. An Edge Eqsue if you will.

I think its all but certain he'll carry on his feud with Cena. WHEN is the question.

Wade seems to hold the cards to Cena's future within the WWE. Cena could continue, as he did last night, to come out of the crowd, and cost Barrett matches. In essence, showing him that karma is truly a b*tch. Barrett, finally incensced, will have Cena "re-hired" in order to get his hands on him.

The directionm Id take it is to have Cena refuse at first, if his only reason to "return" is to fight Wade Barrett. Conduct a TV interview or two from Cena's home, having him talk about enjoying retirement and seeing Barrett melt down. How he kept his promise that he would keep Barrett away from the title.

Id have Barrett put something at stake, perhaps even the future of Nexus, or at least his leadership role, for Cena to return to face him in a match. Id do a slow burn with this one, however, by waiting at least until after the TLC PPV. Like I said, give Barrett a title shot or two in between, and have Cena interfere every time, costing him the match.

Any way you break it down, Barrett belongs in a high profile feud or in the championship picture. Hes simply been that good.

What about if Barett is the one who wins the Royal Rumble? I can see Barett winning it with the help of Nexus and decides to Challenge for the WHC at Smackdown! around the time Undertaker wins the title at EC. Setting up Barrett vs. Undertaker for the WHC at WM.

the power struggle is something i am pulling for because it can turn the nexus into 2. 1 for wade and 1 for otunga. They can also screw orton of his rematch and fued with him and let miz fued with jomo next. Wade is the 1 who needs to fued the rest are just there to be there.

Barrett's mic skills are a result of his commentating days in FCW ..

I posted something similar to his in the 'when will Cena return' thread where Nexus dominate the rumble and then Cena and Triple H (praying) run in and take them out. It'll be pretty cool if it happens..

However i'd really like to see the tag team titles on the line at Royal Rumble. Allowing Slater and Gabriel to wrestle in a proper match, a good 10-15 minute tag match with good in ring wrestling.. I think a spot on that PPV card and really good match will go a long way to elevating the reputation of tag team wrestling.

But back to Barrett, he's almost certainly going to be involved in every PPV from now to Wrestlemania in some way or another. I think they've got to do the Nexus revolt angle now (with Barrett coming out on top...) and then feud him with Orton, Cena and whoever the champ is (Jomo ?)

I just went back (Tivo) and watched Raw from this past Monday (11/22). And towards the end of the Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton match, the referee counted to three after Barrett hit his finisher "Wasteland" on Orton. The referee counted to two and then hesitated and hit the mat for three. Cena must have been late for his spot to pull the referee out of the ring before he hit three. I don't know if anybody else caught this. Or if WWE will even acknowledge this. This is very much like when Andre the Giant landed on Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania III and the referee counted to three because Hogan had been knocked temporarily renderless (wind knocked out, cracked ribs) and did not kick out in time

I'VE BEEN READING SOME OF THE BLOGS POSTED, AND ONE THING YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER, WADE BARRETT IS STILL ONE THE TOP HEELS (THE OTHER IS MIZ) ON RAW DESPITE WHAT HAPPENED ON MONDAY. IT MADE MORE SENSE (AT THIS POINT) TO GIVE THE WWE TITLE TO MIZ THAN TO BARRETT RIGHT NOW. WITH THAT SAID, THE QUESTION NOW BECOMES AFTER FOUR FAILED TITLE ATTEMPTS, HOW DO YOU KEEP BARRETT'S QUEST FOR THE TITLE RELEVANT, IF MOST FANS FEEL HE'S NOT WORTHY OF ANOTHER TITLE SHOT? I HAVE SOME SUGGESTIONS:

A.) HAVE BARRETT INSERTED SOMEHOW IN KING OF THE RING. REMEMBER HE CAN EASILY CLAIM THAT RANDY ORTON SHOULD HAVE BEEN DISQUALIFIED FOR OUTSIDE INTERFERENCE (JOHN CENA). THE GM INSTEAD OF GRANTING HIM A REMATCH, CAN LET HIM EARN IT (AND EVENTUALLY WIN IT) AS A LATE ENTRY IN KOTR WHERE THE WINNER BECOMES THE #1 CONTENDER.

B.) LET HIM WIN THE ROYAL RUMBLE (IF AND ONLY IF THE WWE IS GOING TO LET HIM WIN THE TITLE AT WRESTLEMANIA!)

C.) HAVE BARRETT TURN FACE THEN TURN HEEL AGAIN (ALA PAUL ORNDORFF)- THIS MAY SOUND CRAZY BUT IT MAKES A WHOLE LOT OF SENSE. WHILE CENA IS AWAY (STORYLINE), THE FOCUS CAN BE DIRECTED TOWARD THE POWER STRUGGLE WITHIN NEXUS BETWEEN WADE BARRETT AND DAVID OTUNGA (SINCE MIZ WILL BE FEUDING WITH RANDY ORTON). IF THEM TWO HAD A MATCH WHERE AT THE END OF THE MATCH, THE REST OF THE NEXUS MEMBERS ATTACK BARRETT, THERE IS WHERE THE FACE TURN WOULD BEGIN. DURING BARRETT'S FACE TURN, HE CAN WIN THE TITLE FROM MIZ, AND HE CAN ASK TO REINSTATE JOHN CENA AS A TAG TEAM PARTNER AGAINST THE NEXUS OR MIZ AND RILEY, ONLY TO TURN ON HIM DURING A TAG MATCH.
[/SIZE]

I will say, that as disappointed as I am that Barrett is not the champion, there is still always hope. I have learned to expect the unexpected from WWE. Granted, this is just a 'small' hurdle for him to overcome, Miz as champ, this just means that he will have to be a bit more clever in planning the future with Nexus. Besides, this just means that those who are Pro-Nexus will enjoy seeing the more devious doings of the group go after Miz, for those who are truly not a fan of this person. Besides, everyone does have their day in the spotlight whether you like them or not, Miz fan, Barrett fan, Cena fan, etc, they all will have their moment on the pedestal. Chances are, that Barrett will get his moment when the time is right. I do understand the qualities he possesses, his commentating, and speaking skills are highly unmatched out of anyone in Nexus, after watching many of his commentating days from FCW, I was quite enchanted, and do know that he can certainly hold a promo quite well. His ring skills, well, he's a brawler, what can you say? Most brawlers are known for being rough and tumble, not necessarily the most graceful, but then again, look at some of the brawlers that have graced the ring in WWE before and been legends, like Stone Cold, Harley Race, Bob Orton. Need I say more? I really don't think there is anything to worry about with this guy, he's still young enough, and talented enough that he will land on his feet in a good place wherever they put him. Just hopefully with a belt sooner rather than later.

Wade Barrett has had 2 chances to win the belt and failed on both occasions. Orton has his rematch clause and is first in line to meet the Miz and win back the title. Wade has the talent to win the title without the Nexus interfering and maybe he can actually prove that he is the man who deserves to be WWE champ. At the moment he does not deserve to be the main player and to lead the WWE universe into 2011. The miz as much as i hate him, at least has stopped the title being draped over Barretts shoulder whom i hate even more.

I just went back (Tivo) and watched Raw from this past Monday (11/22). And towards the end of the Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton match, the referee counted to three after Barrett hit his finisher "Wasteland" on Orton. The referee counted to two and then hesitated and hit the mat for three. Cena must have been late for his spot to pull the referee out of the ring before he hit three. I don't know if anybody else caught this. Or if WWE will even acknowledge this. This is very much like when Andre the Giant landed on Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania III and the referee counted to three because Hogan had been knocked temporarily renderless (wind knocked out, cracked ribs) and did not kick out in time

I actually noticed that when I was watching it live having thought that Barett win so yea it's pretty obvious that Cena was running late or either the ref accidentally hit the mat when he fell on the floor for the count. But Barett is mainevent material so he won't be going anywhere. I predict him winning the Rumble as they definetly won't let the Miz mainevent at Mania as he isn't ready for that!! But probably Barrett and Cena

1 idea I have for him is he goes after Bryan and the US title. Wins the belt and rebrands it the United Kingdom championship complete with custom belt. He then goes on a long run becoming a hated heel Englishman in the process.

Why would Wade chase after a mid-card title? Really..? The guy is the TOP heel in the company. You put Wade in that mid-card, he will overshadow everyone in that group and it will be a total waste of his heat. I know most of this place loves Daniel Bryan, but there is no way he is at the level of Wade in terms of star power.

I do like how they have held off Wade's title win (after I really thought about it). I know that the WWE loves to make steaks for Cena to chomp at, but I do really think they are setting up Wade for long term success. Most people who have gone up against Cena only last about a month or two, but not Wade. Plus, there has been so many times in the past few years in which they give the title to someone and that is as far as they book it. We just seen it recently with Orton, Sheamus and Swaggie this year alone.

yeh like everyone says barrett will be in the title frame in a trip threat match at TLC.... cena will mess it up for wade and then wade will enter the RR as a normal participant, do really well with nexus having his back but then cena comes outta nowhere and throws him out..... barrett will be so pissed at cena keep stoppin his chances winnin the title that he demands he gets re-instated and they set up the wrestlemania feud..... poss even bring back cena and put him on smackdown, not raw and make it a cross brand rivalry.... i love those types of ones in the lead up to WM.....!

I actually noticed that when I was watching it live having thought that Barett win so yea it's pretty obvious that Cena was running late or either the ref accidentally hit the mat when he fell on the floor for the count. But Barett is mainevent material so he won't be going anywhere. I predict him winning the Rumble as they definetly won't let the Miz mainevent at Mania as he isn't ready for that!! But probably Barrett and Cena

Miz is WWE champion but not ready to main event mania? Isn't that what the champ of the whole company does, main event pay per views? BUt as far as Barrett goes who knows, maybe a fued with Daniel Bryan. He's been fueding with Cena for 6 months or so. Isn't it getting old.

yeh like everyone says barrett will be in the title frame in a trip threat match at TLC.... cena will mess it up for wade and then wade will enter the RR as a normal participant, do really well with nexus having his back but then cena comes outta nowhere and throws him out..... barrett will be so pissed at cena keep stoppin his chances winnin the title that he demands he gets re-instated and they set up the wrestlemania feud..... poss even bring back cena and put him on smackdown, not raw and make it a cross brand rivalry.... i love those types of ones in the lead up to WM.....!

That would be a good way to bring Cena back. Barrett isn't going to win the title thats obvious now. So the only logical thing to do is drag this feud on or start one against Daniel Bryan.

As i have said everytime Nexus has come up, THEY WILL NOT LAST! Barrett is a corrupt leader, he is only interested in winning the title and see's the only way to win it is to have 5 other guys behind him. Otunga wants to be the leader, i think evenually Nexus will go on without Barrett only not as effective becuase Barrett is the driving force of the Nexus because of title shots etc. Maybe his rivalrly with Cena will go on, as eventually Cena will come back at one point or another but that's a whole different conversation. In my opinion i don't think Barrett is a good heal, i think somewhere inbetween would suit him well as he is a good wrestler but his greed and power takes over, so what is next for Wade Barrett? A move to Smackdown and the IC, he just doesn't fit into RAW in my opinion as there are too many (better) heals on RAW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back