What is REALLY the matter with the Daniel Bryan fandom?

Can I ask a genuine question? And History/Silverback/Whateverfuck please sit this one out;

You know how some say "Ahhh fuck Hunter, he is blind to what the audience wants" ala Foley/Madden and then some IWC overlords and J.R say "Relax this is what they want, look how popular he is now"; if they are not giving you Bryan to fuel your passion for him, I get it. Lower a supply to create demand. But when it boils over to the fans shitting over the rest of the product and most of the WWE's important matches, how is that good?

Also what is the culmination to all this "Oh they have big plans for him" rebuttal? A Mania ME (cause he is white hot at THE right time of the year) ? or an 18 second win over Sheamus at the big PPV?

I'm like super serial with all this.

I just HOPE that was an eye opener to Hunter, Vince and the rest of Creative for his intended path. An 18 second win over Sheamus accomplishes nothing for either of them.

But when it boils over to the fans shitting over the rest of the product and most of the WWE's important matches, how is that good?
Until this negativity hurts WWE's wallet, it's good. Bryan's a bigger deal than he's ever been as a result of it. The pay-off will have been worth the wait.

So long as they find the equilibrium and don't go too far, they're fine.

Also what is the culmination to all this "Oh they have big plans for him" rebuttal? A Mania ME (cause he is white hot at THE right time of the year) ? or an 18 second win over Sheamus at the big PPV?
No idea what culmination is. I'm not even convinced the culmination needs to be at Mania. It doesn't really matter to me. This is a question for someone with more insider knowledge than myself.

Until this negativity hurts WWE's wallet, it's good. Bryan's a bigger deal than he's ever been as a result of it. The pay-off will have been worth the wait.

So long as they find the equilibrium and don't go too far, they're fine.

Take a stab in the dark (I know we all want to if we run into History/Silverback in a back alley), do you think the E really thought that the fans would turn in them this rabidly by not including D Bry in the Rumble?

Coz I don't think HHH sat Bryan down and said 'Hey man, this will just make you so much bigger, you just wait."

Bryan: "You have a really big nose and I'm over here."

They maybe trolling or whatever the new hip word for fucking with you is, but people hated a returning superstar's winning of the Rumble. To be fair, I really don't think the fans have cared about Batista's return to begin with.

No idea what culmination is. I'm not even convinced the culmination needs to be at Mania. It doesn't really matter to me. This is a question for someone with more insider knowledge than myself.

That moment when Bryan finally wins the strap and we are drowned in a sea of men (so close!)...and women and children screaming YES like a Mexican Wave gone wrong during the Copa Libetadores as Cole wishes you goodnight, from New Orleans.

Take a stab in the dark (I know we all want to if we run into History/Silverback in a back alley), do you think the E really thought that the fans would turn in them this rabidly by not including D Bry in the Rumble?
I don't think they're stupid, if that's what you're asking me.

Fans might have come on slightly stronger than expected. But I think this was designed to make them feel slightly fucked in the ass.

They shouldn't, I just don't adhere to the fact that they are always right. They have been wrong and they can be proven irritatingly wrong if D Bry isn't in the ME of Mania. Most people are peeved about this.

Again, their product will still get eyeballs even if they go by whatever their plan is. I think thats whats fucking with the fans the most, that no matter how much they scream, WWE knows that they will die down and still pay to see their shows coz these same fans are hooked.

Kinda like the government. No not your government Cocs, I hear Canada is smashing.

They shouldn't, I just don't adhere to the fact that they are always right.

I think thats whats fucking with the fans the most, that no matter how much they scream, WWE knows that they will die down and still pay to see their shows coz these same fans are hooked.
Sounds like you're saying that they ARE always right.

I know, they are the black crack dealers on the south end of Chicago. We may take a sabbatical but in all honesty, we HAVE to watch WWE. And they know it.

I don't watch Puro or ROH, but I'll give you that. But the image in your signature strongly suggests you are referring to solely WWE, in which case it is indeed an accurate sentiment, but without Bryan, it means nothing. You also forgot the Gauntlet match that Bryan went through, which was a MOTY candidate in itself. Also, no offence to the ROH or Puro fans here, but other than smarks or the Japanese, who watches it? TNA is starting to bring in the common fan now, and the fact that the ROH section has been removed is a testament to this. That's a personal thing though, as your statement is correct.

So wait, I can't say that August was the "wrestling month" because other people don't watch other types of wrestling? Don't be ridiculous. I was here for the G1 Climax thread, that I created by the way. Should have paid more attention before you came out blasting with your non sense.

Alright, let's reflect on why this is wrong:

First of all, Summerslam. There are numerous factors as to why Summerslam didn't quite build as much revenue as it did, but a major one is that Bryan had yet to peak as a top performer. Summerslam was most certainly not the peak of Bryan's popularity, as evidenced by Pittsburgh at the Royal Rumble and the mainstream attention he's received. Also, at 2012, Lesnar was having his second match after his return against HHH, which sounds better than his fourth against Punk surely. Bryan beginning his ascension won't draw more than an MMA fighter known by a good portion of the public, at least with the common crowd.

I give you that, I give you that he isn't as popular as he is right now and that is... because of the booking WWE has been having with him. It's not like WWE isn't referencing the Daniel Bryan v. Authority thing almost every week. He's more popular now I guess, but he was red hot at SummerSlam too, he was so popular that WWE ran an angle with the crowd actually choosing the #1 contender. Yet this doesn't validate the fact that it did poor numbers... So what you are trying to say is that Daniel Bryan couldn't draw for a rematch that nobody wanted to see between HHH and Brock Lesnar is that so? I rest my case.

I'll also raise you the HIAC buyrates, which was the blowoff to the Daniel Bryan/Authority feud which drew significantly more than the previous year, and the fact that Survivor Series did absolutely shit, especially taking into consideration it's a big 4 event. Arguing that Bryan isn't a draw after his feud with the Authority is poor logic.

Survivor Series is always shit, the only one that actually did some good numbers in the past years was The Rock and Cena tag teaming. Also The Big Show isn't really a guy to be making casuals or non casual spend $50 for a predictable feud ending. Daniel Bryan v. Randy Orton needed HBK as a referee to add some spice up to create interest. At this point a lot of people were tired of WWE programming and it is not a coincidence.

As for not being a main eventer, this is an absolute joke. Daniel Bryan has ALL of the qualities to be a main eventer. While he's not on Rock or even Cena's level on the microphone, he's easily in the top 5 that the WWE has the moment. He can invoke an incredible reaction from the crowd, to the point where his chants hijacked the 3rd biggest show in the WWE year, and his in-ring abilties don't really need to be explained. Daniel Bryan is capable of putting on incredible matches for both the IWC and the general public by technical ability and story telling, whilst also getting the fans involved unlike the technical greats.

DANIEL BRYAN IS A MAIN EVENTER YOU ******! He gets more exposure than fucking Cena every single week! Daniel Bryan is NOT WrestleMania main event material not when you have SEVEN proven bigger draws than him in John Cena, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Batista, CM Punk and Randy Orton.

His promo work is average because it is, he isn't top 5 anywhere as far as promos goes - out of the top of my head: Paul Heyman, John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Triple H. Now you can add here Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow and hell even Cody Rhodes above Bryan. That is his weakness, he has three good promos in his entire career and two of them were highlighted by John Cena.

This man is the complete package, if you will.
He's very talented no doubt about that and that is not the discussion. Also Randy Orton, John Cena, CM Punk, Sheamus, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Batista, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett to an extent The Miz also have the "full package" as being able to get a good match and cut a decent promo.

Like I said, the IWC have loved him from Day 1, and he still got strong reactions before the YES chants even begun. About the same levels as say Dolph Ziggler today. When the YES chants got going though, he built a connection with the common fan on the levels of "Woo" and "What?", which is coming from 2 of the top 10, maybe top 5 mainstream wrestlers ever.
The "Yes" thing is more of a fun thing to do. It isn't necessarily to do with Daniel Bryan. People do it whenever the situation calls for it. They do it for The Authority, they do it in indy shows or in any other promotion and it's not like they want Daniel Bryan. It's a "fun" thing and that isn't a factor of how over Bryan is. Remember that Daniel Bryan "YES!" thing started after a bad booking decision at WrestleMania.

Not to mention, getting a higher profile makes people care about your matches more. By getting a higher profile, D Bry has had many exceptional and more competitive matches this year.
But like I said, anyone in the main event scene right now is completely capable of getting great competitive matches. Even guys that are not in the main event scene can do it with no problem.

:lmao:

And Randy Orton, your knight in shining armour, is better in that regard?
As an heel Randy Orton is easily, but easily the best talker the WWE has. It's not like he's telling you crap he doesn't seem to believe. He's way better than Daniel Bryan and I've spoke with other wrestling fans that simply felt awkward when DB was cutting a promo with him in the ring, because Randy Orton and HHH were schooling the guy EASILY.

This is also entirely erroneous. As I've said, Bryan is in the top 5 talkers in the company at the moment and that's not average as you say it is.
He really isn't as I've stated. Hell give The Miz an heel turn and he probably doesn't cut the top 10.

Isn't he capable of so much more though? An underdog gimmick almost requires you to be a good talker unless you're a jobber (look at Mick Foley for example), but the difference between Foley and Bryan is that Bryan has so much steam left in the tank and Foley, whilst great at getting pops from the crowd, can't really get cheap pops other than a hardcore moment without the microphone. He had Socko, and that's about it. Bryan has YES, which is far more applicable.
What? An underdog gimmick requires you to be booked as an underdog. Rey Mysterio is such a promo master, yet he lived his life by being the underdog. This is ridiculous. Also Mick Foley's overness came from sick bumps that the people started to value, it also came for the booking where Foley the guy that have done it all was being mistreated by the company or so it seemed.

I'm not taking a dig at Foley here, as I do love Foley, but Bryan can do even better than that.
He can no doubt, but in three years Foley had a bigger run than Daniel Bryan.

Bryan doesn't have any major weaknesses though. The only factor where I could see Bryan out of his depth as the face of the WWE is MAYBE promo work with The Rock. I say maybe, because Bryan has already proven that he can hang with Cena in the build-up to Summerslam. Or if he has to work a good quality match with the protagonist from Johnny's Got His Gun.

He does. His looks is still a weakness as far as being the top dog goes. His promo work is still a weakness as any top guy has proven to be fantastic in that regard apart from Bret Hart. Yeah that's it, Daniel Bryan is a Bret Hart promo guy with a little bit more passion.

Punk, apart from Bryan, is the only guy to get a massive, yet consistent pop from the crowd (factoring Cena heat). Also, your statement on the IWC shitting on Punk is hilariously wrong.

Also, there was one thing that Punk did not have. I'll show you a demonstration via ASCII:

\0/ .0. \0/

Exactly Punk does not have The Yes chant and The Yes chant is a bad measure of popularity because everyone DOES IT and it's not like EVERYONE freaking loves Daniel Bryan. You go to a house show and just sit down while people are going bezerk and having fun. Dean Ambrose had an interview some time last week and he said that as well - "people want to have fun". People chant for Michael Cole and it isn't like Michael Cole is the most popular guy in the WWE or that people would pay two cents to see him.

With the right character development, then yes. Yes he will.
He won't. Far more talented guy failed to do it and he'll not be the one to out gross John Cena. He can get his way into WrestleMania 31 main event spot but as far as this year goes, he won't. Also, when his underdog gimmick runs out and it will right after the WWE title goes around his waist, I can only see him going full heel where yes, he'll be in a lot better spot to not be a generic wrestler and go crazy like in Hell NO!

HE'S VERY TALENTED AND THE WWE WAS THE ONE THAT MADE HIM AS POPULAR AS HE IS TODAY BY THE BOOKING THEY GAVE HIM. Daniel Bryan was not once defeated by Randy Orton cleanly as far as PPV matches go, he just got pushed away. He went into a feud with The Wyatts where the main goal was to make them join a cult that fights the system, here he said that he just needs the people to fight the system. I'm sorry, but this is WWE's plan all along. He got big after WWE's decisions more so than by his individual talent and WWE probably didn't realize that when they made him lose to Sheamus in 18 seconds.

So wait, I can't say that August was the "wrestling month" because other people don't watch other types of wrestling? Don't be ridiculous. I was here for the G1 Climax thread, that I created by the way. Should have paid more attention before you came out blasting with your non sense.

And again, I'm fine with you liking that kind of stuff, but your signature is very misleading, especially to someone who doesn't watch Puro or ROH like myself. You're misrepresenting me here.

I give you that, I give you that he isn't as popular as he is right now and that is... because of the booking WWE has been having with him. It's not like WWE isn't referencing the Daniel Bryan v. Authority thing almost every week.

No, it's because Bryan's push had yet to grind to a halt. It's nothing to do with Bryan's booking, it's to do with Bryan getting a push in general. There's been a steady increase, it was never dead, and then suddenly it rose during September time.

He's more popular now I guess, but he was red hot at SummerSlam too, he was so popular that WWE ran an angle with the crowd actually choosing the #1 contender. Yet this doesn't validate the fact that it did poor numbers... So what you are trying to say is that Daniel Bryan couldn't draw for a rematch that nobody wanted to see between HHH and Brock Lesnar is that so? I rest my case.

We'll ignore the fact that the Summerslam 2012 match between Lesnar and HHH was the first between them which damages your credibility even further, and get down with this point. The point still remains that an MMA fighter that is known more than the public will draw more than a upper-midcarder at most finally getting his push. And as I've said before, Bryan's reactions were excellent, but not to the point where he overtook a show.

Survivor Series is always shit, the only one that actually did some good numbers in the past years was The Rock and Cena tag teaming. Also The Big Show isn't really a guy to be making casuals or non casual spend $50 for a predictable feud ending. Daniel Bryan v. Randy Orton needed HBK as a referee to add some spice up to create interest. At this point a lot of people were tired of WWE programming and it is not a coincidence.

Yes, but that doesn't change the fact that Survivor Series is still part of the big 4, and should be drawing only less than the Royal Rumble, Summerslam and Wrestlemania, no matter how far you distance yourself from it. I'll agree that Big Show is a shit choice, but he still gets a decent pop when he enters.

HBK added very little to the revenue, if anything. And they were tired of WWE programming, because of guess what? Bryan's booking!

Your argument is flawed.

DANIEL BRYAN IS A MAIN EVENTER YOU ******! He gets more exposure than fucking Cena every single week! Daniel Bryan is NOT WrestleMania main event material not when you have SEVEN proven bigger draws than him in John Cena, The Undertaker, Brock Lesnar, Triple H, Batista, CM Punk and Randy Orton.

Randy Orton is not a draw, no matter how you twist it. And I'd argue Bryan is a better draw than Punk is at the moment. Other than that, maybe, but that's because all of them except for Cena (who will be) are established legends who seldom wrestle.

His promo work is average because it is, he isn't top 5 anywhere as far as promos goes - out of the top of my head: Paul Heyman, John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton and Triple H. Now you can add here Bray Wyatt, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow and hell even Cody Rhodes above Bryan. That is his weakness, he has three good promos in his entire career and two of them were highlighted by John Cena.

Randy Orton is good on the mic...for an alternative to chloroform. Maybe in 2004 that would have credibility, but he has NO intensity on the microphone and couldn't sound more bored. This doesn't help with a connection to the audience at all. Heyman, Cena and Punk I'll give you, I'd say he's equal with Hunter, at least at the moment (Hunter can be a lot better on the mic), and the other names aren't quite there yet. Bray is getting there, Wade is slightly above average, Sandow is probably #6 or #7 and while I like Rhodes, he's not exceptional on the mic.

And that's why with pushes he can get another opportunity. Also, you're forgetting the very over Dr Shelby segments with Kane, which was a major part to his ascension.

He's very talented no doubt about that and that is not the discussion. Also Randy Orton, John Cena, CM Punk, Sheamus, Brock Lesnar, The Undertaker, Batista, Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett to an extent The Miz also have the "full package" as being able to get a good match and cut a decent promo.

Bryan has proven he can wrestle better matches than nearly all of the names on the list. He's also better on the mic than a good portion of that list too.

The "Yes" thing is more of a fun thing to do. It isn't necessarily to do with Daniel Bryan. People do it whenever the situation calls for it. They do it for The Authority, they do it in indy shows or in any other promotion and it's not like they want Daniel Bryan. It's a "fun" thing and that isn't a factor of how over Bryan is. Remember that Daniel Bryan "YES!" thing started after a bad booking decision at WrestleMania.

People still say Woo in Indie shows and TNA. Does that mean Ric Flair is going to pop up? Of course not. It's a testament to how over Daniel Bryan is outside of WWE and his impact. Daniel Bryan was the man to get the Yes chants into prominence for these situations to occur. You don't see people chanting much other than Yes, Woo or sometimes What? outside of WWE that has to do with the WWE product.

But like I said, anyone in the main event scene right now is completely capable of getting great competitive matches. Even guys that are not in the main event scene can do it with no problem.

Batista is not in his best in-ring form. Period.

As an heel Randy Orton is easily, but easily the best talker the WWE has. It's not like he's telling you crap he doesn't seem to believe. He's way better than Daniel Bryan and I've spoke with other wrestling fans that simply felt awkward when DB was cutting a promo with him in the ring, because Randy Orton and HHH were schooling the guy EASILY.

Well, to start off with, Randy Orton schooling Bryan is ridiculous because Orton could not be more uninspired or uninterested with his mic work.

Link me to that, and I'll be the judge of it.

He really isn't as I've stated. Hell give The Miz an heel turn and he probably doesn't cut the top 10.

lol Miz.

What? An underdog gimmick requires you to be booked as an underdog. Rey Mysterio is such a promo master, yet he lived his life by being the underdog. This is ridiculous. Also Mick Foley's overness came from sick bumps that the people started to value, it also came for the booking where Foley the guy that have done it all was being mistreated by the company or so it seemed.

You're missing the point. I'm saying Bryan doesn't have to be built as an underdog as he's capable of more.

He can no doubt, but in three years Foley had a bigger run than Daniel Bryan.

Foley's various comebacks, such as his matches with HHH are to be factored as well.

He does. His looks is still a weakness as far as being the top dog goes. His promo work is still a weakness as any top guy has proven to be fantastic in that regard apart from Bret Hart. Yeah that's it, Daniel Bryan is a Bret Hart promo guy with a little bit more passion.

But Bret Hart was pretty good at promos. He wasn't the best ever, but I thought he was pretty damn good.

Maybe his look, but the general perception of wrestling has changed over the past 10 years. People are generally less interested in steroided freaks, and WWE want to prove that stereotype wrong. Enter Daniel Bryan and his trademark beard, and a bad thing is changed into a good thing.

Exactly Punk does not have The Yes chant and The Yes chant is a bad measure of popularity because everyone DOES IT and it's not like EVERYONE freaking loves Daniel Bryan. You go to a house show and just sit down while people are going bezerk and having fun. Dean Ambrose had an interview some time last week and he said that as well - "people want to have fun". People chant for Michael Cole and it isn't like Michael Cole is the most popular guy in the WWE or that people would pay two cents to see him.

Good grief. I mean, good grief.

Everyone doing the Yes chant IS A GOOD THING. It shows that Bryan IS GETTING A REACTION. Also, as I've said, 99.9% of people do like Bryan. Just because people don't partake in the chants doesn't mean they don't like Bryan, they just don't feel like partaking in the chants, that's all. Also, the Michael Cole reference is so stupid that I'm not going to respond, and you can do much better than that.

He won't. Far more talented guy failed to do it and he'll not be the one to out gross John Cena. He can get his way into WrestleMania 31 main event spot but as far as this year goes, he won't. Also, when his underdog gimmick runs out and it will right after the WWE title goes around his waist, I can only see him going full heel where yes, he'll be in a lot better spot to not be a generic wrestler and go crazy like in Hell NO!

Name me names. I want to look into them as a hitlist comparison.

Also, you're looking way too far ahead. We're not. Big difference.

HE'S VERY TALENTED AND THE WWE WAS THE ONE THAT MADE HIM AS POPULAR AS HE IS TODAY BY THE BOOKING THEY GAVE HIM. Daniel Bryan was not once defeated by Randy Orton cleanly as far as PPV matches go, he just got pushed away. He went into a feud with The Wyatts where the main goal was to make them join a cult that fights the system, here he said that he just needs the people to fight the system. I'm sorry, but this is WWE's plan all along. He got big after WWE's decisions more so than by his individual talent and WWE probably didn't realize that when they made him lose to Sheamus in 18 seconds.

No, the YES chants, aka an unintended effect after a poor booking decision was the main catalyst to his ascension, as well as his excellent Hell No work. Don't say it was because WWE booked him to do it, it was Bryan's deliverance. Could you imagine Randy Orton doing the same thing with his lack of intensity?

Just chants wouldn't help you stay over though. Daniel Bryan however keeps himself over with a unique look and excellent in-ring work that keeps the audience excited and entertained.

I haven't been keeping up or anything, and I just noticed this from skimming, but to say Ziggler is decent on the mic is giving him too much credit. DB is limited, but not that limited.

anyone that puts orton in top 5 for mic work, loses all of their credibility.

Bullshit. Randy is great on the mic and has been for years. You don't get over and stay over as long as he has (over a decade now) without being a fantastic talker.

But Paul Heyman is the best heel talker in WWE and it isn't even close.

Randy Orton can't cut a fucking promo and sounds uninspired? Do you even watch WWE? The guy comes out pretty much screaming, he's as great as you'll ever have.

Nobody that understands a slim thing abut wrestling says that Randy Orton is shit in the mic, the guy is great and always delivers it like no one does. He doesn't feel like he's reading from a script ever, he goes nuts quite a lot and in every instance you think the guy is crazy. I'm not going to fill this with Orton promos, but you just need to watch the product every week and you will have it - this is not a matter of opinion, the guy can fucking talk and a lot better than Daniel Bryan, who seems as phony as one can get. He could pretty much go out with the script and read it to you and you would not feel the difference, don't you even compare and YES, The Miz is a fantastic talker.. How the hell do you think Miz went to main event WrestleMania? He better be the best ass kisser of 'em all because as far as I see what put him there was his great promo work.

Also, once again Daniel Bryan was very entertaining in Hell No, he was a comedy act and he worked it very well. Now things get more serious, it's not like being a funny looking guy will make the general audience want to spend their money on you. Being a draw isn't only the number of t shirts you get, but also the number people that watch you on TV and that recognize you as an house hold name and the guys I listed, every single one of them are that, while Daniel Bryan isn't at their levels mostly because he's a "new guy". So why would Daniel Bryan go over the seven guys I listed in the main event of a big stadium? Give him time for that. He's over with the wrestling audience and more so with baby smarks. A shit crowd like the one yesterday chanted "YES!" out of their lounges, but it's not like they were dying to see Daniel Bryan... It's a thing that is BIGGER than Daniel Bryan, whenever he's on people will do it, but mostly because it's fun and not because the guy is great - it's a trend, it's the cool new kid in the house until the point he starts cracking and feeling awkward.

Also people were tired of the programming not for the booking, but because nobody was doing anything more than average specially Daniel Bryan. How many times was Steve Austin screwed by Vince McMahon and his corporation? How many times was Mankind screwed by them as well? Did people stopped watching or thought: "oh not again...", quite the contrary... Also as soon as Daniel Bryan got out of the title picture the buys got bigger, it's all signs that the guy isn't a big draw and HE DOES NOT NEED TO BE IT. Shawn Michaels was a piss poor drawer and yet name me a guy with a better and more entertaining WWE career?

Was he ever "THE MAN"? I mean he kinda was for a brief period, but it's like saying Triple H was "THE MAN". They were on top because nobody could do it better, until Austin and Cena appeared respectively and put their names in the pot of biggest draws ever. I mean, but what am I discussing with you for? You clearly think way too much of Bryan's talents to a point where you put him in the same levels of Triple H as far as promos goes, when HHH is one of the best at that particularly point. I'm done with this discussion.

Time will prove me right. Daniel Bryan is a great star, clearly a main event one for some time now and he isn't the next guy to be the so called "face" of the company. He'll be the WWE Champion as we all know, it's not like WWE is run by idiots they know his value... But after he gets his run, he's going to go back to the uppercard spot and people will be fine with that, because that is where he thrives, where he has the chance to showcase what he does best and that is wrestle and chase the title. Since SummerSlam that you've all been worked, everything they did since even after SummerSlam is to put Daniel Bryan over and it will have a pay off eventually and it does not need to be at WrestleMania per se as a program with Sheamus is a fantastic thing as both stars complement themselves very well. As was the feud with The Wyatts - it was probably only me that enjoyed the hell out a lot more the story of the Wyatts v. Daniel Bryan than the Authority vs. Daniel Bryan and guess what, no title was ever discussed here and clearly the Bray Wyatt v. Daniel Bryan was the most hyped match for the Rumble. Time will prove me right.

It's too bad these opinions couldn't come from a more interesting poster. I'll never get your point because you are utterly unreadable.

Can I ask a genuine question? And History/Silverback/Whateverfuck please sit this one out;

You know how some say "Ahhh fuck Hunter, he is blind to what the audience wants" ala Foley/Madden and then some IWC overlords and J.R say "Relax this is what they want, look how popular he is now"; if they are not giving you Bryan to fuel your passion for him, I get it. Lower a supply to create demand. But when it boils over to the fans shitting over the rest of the product and most of the WWE's important matches, how is that good?

I'm like super serial with all this.

Laughed so hard I fell off my bed.

When the smarks turn on him, the causals will follow. Basically the same thing as what happened to get him over.

When have the internet smarks influenced the direction of anything throughout WWE history? Rey Mysterio is one of the biggest merchandise sellers in history, and is over as holy fuck. Meanwhile, the IWC thinks he should have hung up the mask no later than 5 years ago.

Daniel Bryan didn't get over until a smarky crowd in Miami decided they hated Sheamus (mind you, DB was the HEEL at the time). The casuals picked up on it and ran with it.

When the smarks inevitably turn on him (and they will when he becomes "the guy") the casuals will again pick up on it and run with it, and it'll be cool to hate on DB.

I was there in Miami. There was a lot more going on that day than the crowd simply being smarky. People were pissed that a world title match ended in 18 seconds at the biggest wrestling show, ever. Combine that with the fact that nobody has ever given a shit about Sheamus, it just culminated into a shitty situation for everyone in attendance.

I think it's worth mentioning, to all the people saying that this is a work and stuff...

You don't build someone up by having them lose clean in the middle of the ring without so much as a distraction, and then keep them off the rest of the show. The WWE has never been known to build anybody with a bullshit meta storyline targeted at their smallest demographic. It's not a work. The dirtsheets are controlled by the WWE to keep you interested in the product. I know I sound like I buy my tinfoil in bulk, but it's what makes the most sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back