• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What if Goldberg was coming back to WWE?

tripleddd

Pre-Show Stalwart
As the title says youve got the chance of getting Goldberg back in the WWE - what would you do for how long why and against whom?

Personally Id give him a 2 year deal and with it id get him to wrestkle Austin, Undertaker , Lesnar(again) and John Cena and one more title run !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd sign him up for 3 years and have him in an extended angle with Ryback.

I say "angle", really I'd just have 45 second promos every Smackdown with them screaming into each others' faces.

After 3 years of that, they'll be ready for the big one - an undercard match at Money in the Bank. They no-sell each other for 5 minutes, Santino comes out and hits the cobra on both, and a no contest is ruled as the fans cheer.

If I had to use him...

I would have Punk lose to a heel maybe like bryan or someone. Bryan get's the win because of interference from his new stable with two upper mid card heels (Ziggler, Rhodes) and the lovely AJ(who's full heel now). Then have Goldberg come back and says he wants the title. Bryan of course plays the coward and says he has to prove himself before he gets a title match, after running a program where he fueds with Ziggler and/or Rhoades he finally get's a shot. In the match I'd have Goldberg play as the unstoppable Face while Bryan plays the cowardly but smart heel, with help from his stable. After a good fifteen minutes Goldberg finally catches Bryan and just absolutely DESTROYS him and pins him for the title.

After that I'd have him work a fued with any face there looking to make the next Cena(Punk) and after a couple PPV's I would have Goldberg job clean to him and hopefully that would elevate that Face to Super Face.

Then Idk after Goldberg could challenge for the title again this time putting his career on the line and The champ retains and Goldberg leaves.

That's how I'd book it, but I really could care less if he returns at all.

I really don't understand all of the hate for Goldberg. Anyway, as posted earlier, I'd have him feud with Ryback. Period. Ryback's been having a lot of squash matches since his repackage a few months ago.

I'd have Goldberg randomly show up at one of his matches, and announce that he's been beating these nobodies every week. And that he needed to fight a real man. Then, just have them build up a feud, without physical contact. Just have them interrupt each other and cut promos, etc.Then set up this massive match at one of the big four PPVs, preferably Wrestlemania 29. I'd push this match through the roof, almost as hard as Rock vs Cena.

I'd have Ryback go over Goldberg simply to put Ryback over as this young, unstoppable talent. Then, sign Goldberg to a legend's deal giving him a HOF induction, video game and action figures deals, etc. It's smart business and a win-win for everybody.

People hate on Goldberg because he gets a Reaction, People hate on Cena because he gets a reaction. I would rather Goldberg go to TNA tbh and show Crimson what it really means to have an Unbeaten streak!

People don't hate on Goldberg and Cena for getting reactions, we hate on them because wrestling is an art form, and these 2 suck at it; they're fine at cutting promos but NEVER surprise anybody or surpass their own limitations, they NEVER innovate, and they NEVER get close to injured because they NEVER take any risks. People LIKE Goldberg because they either are 10 years old, think wrestling is real and these two bodybuilders must be unstoppable, or they just hate fans of actual professional wrestling and know that these two demographically efficient wastes of space get under our skin.

I don't know how long i would sign someone like Goldberg. I don't think i would want him on the main roster. Maybe in a position like The Rock or Brock Lesnar. There is to many younger stars that are more deserving. I wouldn't want Goldberg in the title picture. He has accomplished enough and there would be nothing to gain from it. With this being said the main match i would like to see would be Undertaker vs Goldberg at Wrestlemania. That's the one match i would want to make sure happened. I know some people don't want another streak match because they want it to end evenly but i think it would be great. That match up would be a huge draw. You have so many angles you could work with. WCW vs WWE, Streak vs Streak. There is a lot you could go off. But at the end of the day they're both huge stars who would make an unbelievable match that people wouldn't forget. Now i'm not saying this would be a great technical match but it's one of those dream matches people would like to see.

Honestly, if Goldberg wanted to sign for 10 years ... you would sign him for 10 years.

This is not about if WWE wants Goldberg, they do. It is about if Goldberg wants WWE. So the length of the contract is almost negligible in this discussion because he would have to be signed however long he wants to. Quite simply ... Goldberg draws money ... and a good amount of it.

Now, if he was willing to come at a rate agreed upon for one or two years, you go with it. I would DEFINITELY want him to become one of Taker's victims at WrestleMania. That match would sell ... no question about it. Might not be the prettiest thing (in fact, it definitely would not) but it would sell a boatload of PPV buys.

He is, like many superstars (Austin and Hogan for example) a control freak, so we would have to make sure the contract calls for him to put people over at WWE's discretion and not Goldberg's. He could be a great man to throw in a feud with Ryback after another six months or so. It is an obvious storyline that could be pretty solid (though the earlier poster wanting to build it like Rock vs. Cena simply does not understand Rock vs. Cena's drawing power compared to good ol' Skip Sheffield).

In all honesty, he would be better served in a Legend's type role where he can come around and wrestle every now and then and be a part of some big cards.

I think the money match (unless Stone Cold was interested) would be Goldberg trying to end Undertaker's streak.

I like Goldberg, but he was a pretty poor wrestler in his prime. Now he's been out of the ring for 8 years, and in his mid 40's.

If he came back it would be for one or two matches.

I would sign Goldberg to a deal similar to Brock Lesnar's contract. Have him come every once in awhile and faces main eventers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back