What happens to the New Nexus after Wrestlemania??

Well, I am assuming that it will be the end of the road for said faction. The fact of the matter is that the WWE know that this is the slow death of the factions game and they are getting out whilst they can still claim them to have been a success, despite being nothing like they were when they were first established. In fact, the only person who I would actually congratulate on the factions idea is David Otunga, who managed to stay with the Nexus for the entirety of the idea. When you consider that all of the allies he aligned himself with have either been moved onto Smackdown or have been punted or had an Attitude Adjustment that make them leave Raw, you have to give him a tip of your hat.

That being said, I was hopeful that CM Punk would put some more life into the faction but that life seems to have gone now. In my mind, it makes perfect sense for this to be the end of the idea. Let's face it, the idea has run out of steam and it seem as though the WWE are quite happy to play cat and mouse with the Nexus and those who oppose it. The have streamlined the feud with them and Cena into a few weeks so that Punk can face Orton at WrestleMania and that has basically killed the idea of it.

After WrestleMania, you have to think that the WWE will be happy to cut their losses and have some people come out of it with their heads still held high in the air. Wade Barrett has been established as being a breakout star and the same could possibly go for Gabriel and Otunga, the two men who have had the most success from the faction. Really though, they have no momentum left and people are forgetting about them. When they made their début, people were tuning in to see them and now people actually don't care that they are on TV. Time to cut their losses and move on with singles careers.

The Nexus is like a wild card that can allow any last minute storylines work. So many storylines could involve them and their master plan involve the GM, Taker, Cole, Orton heel turn as leader(like a new Evolution), Triple H can be leader, Vince could be behind it, maybe new Corporation, culd be gigantic Cena heel turn, could possibly turn Barrett vs Otunga as new Triple H vs Rock(1999+). So many possibilities.

New WWE wrestler Sin Cara is currently advertised to appear at the WWE Raw show on May 27th in Winnipeg.

Sin Cara is listed in a tag-match alongside Evan Bourne versus The Nexus.

-Wrestlezone.

So, that means that The Nexus are carrying on until at least May. Admittedly, CM Punk has breathed new life into The Nexus, but it IS getting stale. This suggests The Nexus isn't going to disband at Wrestlemania, which is what everyone expected. The Corre will probably last a while too, consdering it's relatively new.

My question to you is, with this new evidence in mind, how long do you think The Nexus will go on for?

Honestly, I think that the Nexus has run its course. It would be different if they were booked so strong like the "old" Nexus was, but they have completely lost their edge and save for CM Punk lost all the heat they had on them basically. In my opinion all of the kayfabe injured members will not be back, at least I'm hoping so. However, I think Mason Ryan might have some potential, but please Otunga and others please go away. :disappointed:

Cm Punk doesn't need these lackeys either he's already a brilliant heel and does well enough by himself and in my opinion these guys were/are just holding him back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back