• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What happens after Extreme Rules for the Shield?

BestWrestlingOpinions

Getting Noticed By Management
The Shield battles Evolution this Sunday at Extreme Rules. What is on the horizon after this, though? Most people think this feud will continue, as the possibility of this being a one-time deal seems unlikely.

In order for this feud to continue, you would have to believe that the Shield will lose in some cheap way. But what can happen to take this feud one step further? I mean, sure, there will be promos, Evolution will brag about it, the Shield will claim it was a fluke win, but this would just lead to another match between the two factions, where the Shield gets the upper hand. It is too predictable though and I can't see that being a good follow-up.

My idea is this and requires the Shield to break up (even though I don't necessarily want that):
The Shield loses cheaply but decisively at Extreme Rules. Next night on Raw, the three of them talk about having to get a new strategy in order to beat Evolution. One week they will try one thing, the next week another, until the go-home Raw to the next PPV ( I believe it's Payback), they decide to take one of Evolution's guys out, most preferrably HHH. Reigns can do the serious beating for the most part (thus setting up a Reigns vs HHH match at Summerslam).

At the PPV, Evolution will announce that HHH is unable to compete and that they need to find a third guy to join them. The Shield enters first, then comes Evolution. As all 5 guys are in the ring, Evolution is about to introduce their third guy..... Dean Ambrose! That's right. Dean turns on the Shield and joins Evolution, thus getting huge heel heat. Evolution + Ambrose would win the match, after a tremendous effort by the Shield.

Afterwards, they can book Rollins, Reigns, Ambrose and Batista for the MitB match, while Orton gets his WWEWHC shot. Reigns can win the briefcase (or Batista) and next night on Raw, HHH returns from his injury to attack Reigns, setting up their match for Summerslam, while Rollins/Ambrose can fight it out for the US title or something.

I'm really hoping to see The Shield go over Evoultion.

If batista is going to take time off like people has been saying then the whole evoulition feud needs to end.

The Shield could feud with either DX "HHH & New Age Outlaws"

This would make lots of sense cause hhh & New age outlaws needs payback on the shield and since the ppv is called payback its the best choice i have.

Or they could feud with the NWO "Hollywood Hogan & Nash & Razor Ramon.
This doesn't scream "Payback" since they have never feuded, but its just another great faction im not sure if any of this nwo guys can even wrestle.

This would be epic if they let the shield face some of the greatest factions in the wwe, i also think it would be a great idea for the shield to face a new 4 Horsemen let ric flair get up 4 new nxt stars and let them feud with them.

The Point is the shield needs another big challenge after this match at extreme rules, imagine if they just fight like ryback del rio and axel.

We wouldn't be interested would we?

Out of the choices i have i would have to say The Shield vs DX.

I respect your opinion, but I disagree. The Shield destroyed the Old Age Outlaws. Their time is done. People don't take them seriously anymore. Are we supposed to believe that some 50 year old guys (whatever their age are) are supposed to beat the most dominant group in the WWE? Nah, ain't happening. As I already said, they destroyed them in 3 minutes at WM anyway.

I hope you are joking about nWo. These guys can't even move, let alone wrestle. New four horsemen? I hope you are joking too. What's the point of having "new four horsemen"? The only ones that count are the original ones and they fall in the same category as nWo.

So Batista is supposed to be taking time off. What if they have one of the members turn heel, let him replace Batista and be the "future" of wrestling in Evolution. Then you can do he and Orton against the remaining members. That's two months right there.

I think Dean Ambrose will turn heal at extreme rules . This will help Evolution in defeating The Shield. Dean can replace Batista if Dave took time off . Then Shield will require another member to tackle Evolution. I would like to see Goldberg in Shield. What a nice Spear combination it will be when Reigns and Bill hit the Evolution by their spears. Why I chosed Bill ?? coz Goldberg has some bad blood with Evolution especially HHH.

Well there's no sense in breaking them up now because Daniel Bryan is the "man" right now. What happens after ER? we all know the current plan is for Roman Reigns to face Triple H at Summerslam, so maybe they do break up between now and Summerslam. I think Ambrose needs to be a heel, his character does not fit as a babyface.

A heel turn by Ambrose sounds good, joining Evolution & letting HHH revert to his p/t role in the ring makes sense & then at Payback they could have Orton/Ambrose vs Rollins/Reigns.

Going the traditional rout and using a “turn angle” just doesn’t work for me these days. It comes off as lazy booking and doesn’t represent a new way of thinking moving towards the future. I’d prefer they go the other rout and allow Rollins, Reigns and Ambrose to remain an alliance as they drift towards singles runs. A “United or Divided….. Believe in the Shield” type of deal. Let them work other programs and save these big money matches for later in their careers.

Going forward I’d love to see the Shield rekindle their feud with the Wyatt Family. The first time around was just a bit of a cock tease and a full blown war would be epic. I could watch all six or any combination on a weekly basis. From there I could see the emergence of another faction or letting them work their own programs as in the scenario I stated in the above paragraph.

If they do go with the “turn angle” don’t be surprised for a major swerve. On the surface Ambrose might seem like the obvious choice but he really doesn’t fit the Authority style. I could see Rollins turning but it wouldn’t make a lot of sense for Triple H to recruit a guy similar to the size and style he has spent over a year denouncing. What makes sense and would shock the world would be a Reigns turn thus aligning himself with the Authority.

No matter what, I'd like to see the Shield stay together for a long time. All you out there who think the Shield HAS to split because that's what every team does, I have 3 letters for you: L.O.D. Sure, maybe they "split" for a while, but for most of the 21 years of their careers, they were together as a team, no matter what. And they were one of the most successful and popular tag teams throughout those 20+ years. One other thing. "Just because that's the way it's always been doesn't mean that's the way it's always going to be." -Vinnie Mac. And, for some reason, if they HAVE to split up, they don't necessarily have to feud. Just agree to go your own way, but always remember to Believe In The Shield. That's more than a tagline. It can be their inspiration to go out there and have the greatest match and make sure you win, for the betterment of the Shield. I have no problems with them going their own ways, as long as they do it for the benefit of the group.

A heel turn by Ambrose sounds good, joining Evolution & letting HHH revert to his p/t role in the ring makes sense & then at Payback they could have Orton/Ambrose vs Rollins/Reigns.

What if they pull a swerve and have Reigns turn heel? The Rock did it in the late 90s despite being a fan favorite when he joined The Corporation.

Reigns vs. HHH could be a potential WM fight rather than Summerslam. They definitely could market the match up as a legit main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back