Which match main events Extreme Rules?

GOOZEKING

Getting Noticed By Management
Which match do you guys think is going to main event extreme rules?

I would go with title match since the title is supposed to be the most important thing and because shield vs evolution can be the match of the night in the mid ppv, they don't neccessary have to main event. I mean Wyatt vs shield didn't main event elimination chamber and it was a bigger dream match then shield vs evolution. Unfortunately, I think they are going to have shield vs evolution main event,

The 6-man. It'll be the hottest & best match on the card. The outcome of the title match isn't in doubt, put it on after TheShield/Evolution match and they'll be doing neither Bryan or Kane any favours at all.

I would like it to be the title match but I think it will be the Shield vs Evolution simply because they have closed Raw and Smackdown for the past few weeks. It's obvious the 6 man is being booked as the #1 match on the card and Bryan/Kane is a close 1a. I just hope Bryan/Kane doesn't start the damn show.

I would pick Cena vs Bray or the title match, mainly because of the PPV title. It's supposed to be Extreme Rules, sure Evolution vs Shield is huge but match wise it follows normal rules and that's something we'll see in any other PPV. As for the other 2

Bray vs Cena: It's in a steel cage so that's fitting for the PPV, Bray is getting a ton of attention and of course Cena is....Cena. This storyline gets as much if now more time on Raw as Evolution vs Shield, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it ME.

Kane vs DB: Well it's literally a extreme rules match, so that should give it to them right there. It's also for the WWEHC, it's DB's first PPV defense of his new reign and most likely Kane's last time he'll be at a PPV main event(not counting the RR) so I would pick this over Shield vs Evolution too.

shield vs evolution is definitely a dream match. No one thinks its happened. This match is going to be a main event match. But I think wwe try another yes movement bcoz of its DB town.

Shield v Evolution makes sense. It will be the best match and features four big draws: Batista, Orton, HHH and The Shield. There is also the possibility of Flair meaning this should close the night.

Bryan v Kane would be absolutely fine but there is more interest in the Evolution vs Shield. Plus, the novelty of Bryan closing the show chanting Yes! diminish, so best do it in big matches.

I'm going to have to against my usual predictions, by stating that it will likely be The Shield VS Evolution. This is a case where it is alright for the World Heavyweight Championship to not go on last. The 6 man tag team match has had the best build out of any of the matches going into the Extreme Rules 2014 event and it is the one that people seem to be anticipating the most. Today's best faction against one of the best stables of all time? Yeah, I'd argue that's dream match territory. 6 man tag team match closes the show.

shield vs evolution is definitely a dream match. No one thinks its happened. This match is going to be a main event match. But I think wwe try another yes movement bcoz of its DB town.

Why do so many people think it's in his hometown? IT's not even in the same state he's from. It's in New Jersey NOT Washington.

As for the main event I think it's gonna be the 6 man tag. The Shield v Evolution is definitely a main event calibre match plus I doubt the egos of Trips, Orton and Batista would be happy with being placed anywhere else on the card. ER is gonna close with Roman Reigns winning it for his team and giving him another standout moment to keep his push going strong.

It should be Daniel Bryan vs Kane as it is the wwe world heavyweight championship match and it is an extremw rules match.

but like everyone else i think it will be Sheild vs Evolution closing the show.

If it isn't Alexander Rusev Vs. Truth and Woods than I suppose the Shield Vs. Evolution match is a distant second place to main event.

It should be the 6 man tag match because the WWE title has not meant as much as this feud has, I don't think the title has to main event all the shows, it should however main event the big 4. The main event of the event should always be the match the people are really paying money for.

The people are paying money Shield Vs. Evolution as that is the big match going into the show. Kane Vs. Daniel Bryan is also a big match that has had decent build but really who's paying money to see it, if anything they'll pay money to see Bryan.

Why do so many people think it's in his hometown? IT's not even in the same state he's from. It's in New Jersey NOT Washington.

People think that because it was reported a few months back that Extreme Rules going to be in Washington, which led to a lot of speculation that Daniel Bryan would eventually win the title at the event. This proved incorrect on a number of levels, but the amount of discussion on the topic is likely why some people still think Extreme Rules is being held in Washington.

As for the main event - it should ALWAYS be the WWE Championship match. If the WWE wants to build prestige around the title, if they want people to buy into the champion, then he needs to be headlining the big events.

That clearly won't be the case this month, though. I have no complaints about The Shield vs Evolution, but by putting all the credible and logical threats to the WWE Title in one match - a match that doesn't even involve the champion - the WWE had to de-emphasize the title for a month. As a result, the Shield and Evolution will likely headline Extreme Rules.

The Shield vs. Evolution most likely for the reasons already stated. It's about time The Shield headlined a PPV, and I'm so looking forward to seeing them compete in their first main event against Evolution.

If not The Shield vs. Evolution, I could see it being Cena vs. Wyatt. It's the second best built match for the PPV, and for the past few years it's either been a Steel Cage match or Cena closing Extreme Rules.

Just because your a champion doesn't automatically mean you go on last.. The buildup between the Shield and Evolution has been amazing. At first i wasn't all that crazy about this match,but man have I been proven wrong.

This match no doubt closes the show and will be a great match. Match of the night easily.

Here you have,one of the greatest factions of all-time going against the Shield,who have been the greatest since Evolution.

The six man unfortunately. It should have been the title match but since Kane vs. Bryan was thrown together at the last minute, I understand. Hopefully the match isn't too long between Kane and Bryan, doubt it would be a Match of the Year candidate.

If Bryan doesn't close the show with defending the title then we are getting in the same boat of cm punks reign when he didn't close every ppv when he was wwe champ.
The premier title in wrestling should close every ppv. always no doubt about it! will it? probably not...... but just shows that wwe doe not have total faith in Bryan.

In the two-title days, the final match of the card should have always been either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship, with the other World title match taking place immediately before it. With only one World title now, it should always close the show. But, with Bryan having missed so much TV time lately due to his honeymoon and then his father's death, the World title match hasn't gotten enough build to headline the show over The Shield vs. Evolution.

Having watched WWE for over twenty years, I'm pretty confident the card will be built like this:

Pre-show: Hornswoggle vs. El Torito

1: Triple Threat Match - Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) vs. Rob Van Dam vs. Antonio Cesaro (w/Paul Heyman)

2: Divas Championship - Paige (C) vs. Tamina Snuka

3: Intercontinental Championship - Big E Langston (C) vs. Bad News Barrett

4: Steel Cage Match - Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena

5: Handicap Match - Alexander Rusev (w/Lana) vs. R-Truth & Xavier Woods

6: Extreme Rules Match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship - Daniel Bryan (C) vs. Kane

7: 6-Man Tag Team Match - Evolution vs. The Shield

No question the 6 man tag will be the main event. It's presented as the top angle going into it, so it has to be the main match. The title should be though, because it should be the most important thing, but it will not be the main event. In fact, I could see Bray/Cena going after the title match as well.

wwe title headlines as it is an extreme rules match, if the title match was just an ordinary match id agree with the 6 man headlining, but i can see the 6 man then divas match followed by the wwe title match as the last match

This is something I've been thinking about too. This is a borderline stacked PPV. Cena/Wyatt, Shield/Evolution, Bryan/Kane are all "main events". Then you have Barrett/Langston and Cesaro/RVD/Swagger that are high quality midcard matches. Even the divas match should be good. The handicap match is really the only throwaway.

I think which match you close with depends on how you book it. Does the DB/Kane match end in an angle? Or does it end with DB standing triumphant. Does Evolution/Shield end in an angle, or does it end with Evolution winning? All these things matter.

Daniel Bryan vs. Kane closes the show, end of story. Bryan just won the Title in the main event at WrestleMania. He needs to be in the top spot. I don't care if Bryan's wrestling Perry Saturn's mop, he should close the show. The Champion should be the main event, barring rare exceptions like Cena/Rock or Rock/Hogan. Evolution reuniting is cool, but that doesn't mean it should headline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back