What game/s are you currently playing?

Angelica Haze

member since november 2002
I looked back 4 pages and didn't see a similar thread but anyhow myself

Even though the Guitar Hero series has been out for ages, I've just picked up my first guitar perifrial. It's very challenging, though I am catching on slowly, well more or less. I've started on Guitar Hero (1) not doing great I must say, but i have gotten through 2 songs. even if it did take me an ungodly amount of time to beat I love rock n roll

Next on the List of recently played games is
Jericho
Although I'm only a few missions in I'm really enjoying what I have played of it. The possession thing is a bit odd to get used to, but I gotta say I was genuinely sad when the first, main? character "died". You'd have to play the game to understand that part. despite the lowish reviews the game has gotten, and despite the fact that its a first person shooter (a genre I don't really like at all) It's really rather enjoyable, if supremely hard even on easy. Thats all I have on this at the moment..

Next Mass Effect.
The Action RPGer getting massively good reviews, but as with Jericho I'm not with the general consensus on this one. The game is great to watch I've spent well over fifty hours watching this game being played. I gotta admit great storyline and the choices made during the dialogue sequences really do affect the games direction and outcome. But for a person like myself who does not like to be bogged down in a game by dialogue and leveling up (the game does have an auto level up option but who would use that?) the game loses its grip on me so fast, I didn't play for even twenty minutes before my attention span was shot. The action sequences are golden, its all the rpging elements that have me at a standstill for this game.

Kameo
I recently picked this game back up after not playing it since the 360's launch, It's not a particularly good game, its geared more towards younger audiences but it has its charms, I am really just playing it to beat it and have the satisfaction of seeing what happens. its very creative in the character morphing and storytelling but the book companion can be soo annoying. over all its an ok game

and lastly
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
The games simply rocks, like most of the Ratchet and Clank series minus Ratchet Deadlocked its an Action Platformer, Love LOVE this game. the weopanry is fun and diverse chicken gun anyone? and I could spend hours blowing everything up and gathering bolts to get the next nifty weapon, seriously probobly one of my favorite games along with Okami, the rest of the ratchet and clank series, beyond good and evil and pshychnauts.

In no selective order.. the games I'm currently enjoying playing..

Playstation 2:

Mojo: Seriously, its a game about I think marbles. You're in control of a ball of energy, & simply have to run through blocks. It gets more challenging as you go along, puzzled become difficult, & then time becomes a factor, & before you know it.. you're jamming the controller into the floor, because the stupid marble of energy wouldn't just click the last remaining green block, before the time ran out.

Smackdown v. Raw 2008: Every year I buy this franchise game, & this is the second year its been out for multiple game systems, yet I remain faithful to the Playstation 2 version. I really don't get deep into playing the series, until a lot of "created wrestlers" have been well done by several other people who have a lot more time to waste than I do, on making each on "perfect."

I'd say in about 1-2 monthes, I'll have 30 as close to perfect CAWs, & I'll begin writing & making my own storylines to play out. Its a fun game I do throughout the entire year, while waiting on next year's version. Also, I love GM Mode, but thats about it anymore.

Final Fantasy XII: I can't say a whole lot about the game, as I just started it the other week.. & haven't went back yet, due to time restriction. I must admit, it'll take some getting used to with the new battle system. I think I was too used to waiting for my turn to attack, then having the ability to take as much time as I needed, to make the best decision available. Now, you have to be more creative & attack, then run. (I think) Again, I've played it for about 2 hours.. & only once.

Xbox:

Fable: There can not be enough said about this game. I love the ability that you can A.) Marry numerous Women, then lead them aimlessly into the woods, kill them, & still remain a "hero" to the general public. lol I love that you have complete control (for the most part) over which direction you take in being good or bad. Its a game with endless possibilities.

NFL Head Coach: The first, & to my knowledge, ONLY game of its kind. Noone seemingly had love for it, but I think it was worth $20.00. I love the fact that you call every play, yet you don't control the outcome of the play. I also love that you can create your own plays, & draw them up from scratch.

Its a nice burst/rush of energy to see your team win, or lose, based purely on your "skill" to pick the right/wrong plays. I'm currently undefeated, but had a couple close calls. --- The only negative thing is the trading issue. Hardly any team wants to work out a deal for an even trade, so you end up pissing other owners off, simply because you wouldn't trade a "Steve Smith" for a "Hines Ward." (no offense, Brian)

Still Life: A detective game with a twist. Its a puzzle game to its fullest, & you must solve each one, to unlock/uncover the next plot. You don't fight, the cut scenes do it for you. But its an amazing brain-twisting game, & I'm currently stuck. lol Its one of the very few detective games I have found enjoyment from.

San Andreas: GTA: You can never give up the classic - "put it in, & kill people" game. Whenever I need to pass the time, or vent some rage.. I just pop in my GTA: SA game & start killing, stealing & causing as much violence as possible.

Xbox 360: Its currently being repaired :(

Madden 2008: What can you really say, other than its the up-to-date football game. The franchise mode is what I love the most, but this year's version (for the 360 only, to my knowledge) has a glitch in it.

Dead Rising: Much like Fable, with the endless possibilities of game play.. & GTA with the unlimited ability to kill practically anything. Dead Rising brings you the fun & enjoyment of running through a mall, free to do anything & everything.. the complete thrill of stealing a car/bike & running down huge groups of undead.. or simply finding any number of random weapons.. from guns, to swords, to chainsaws, & killing away. Dead Rising is by far the best game I've played, with the greatest amount of free range ability.

so right about fable, its woefully underrated

one good thing about the 360 being repaired, you'll get a free month of xbox live gold i think it is mine only took about two weeks to come back it was beyond repair so i got a refurb instead. oh and since you like the good/evil paths of fable when you get yours back try mass effect, you'll prolly love it

forgot to add i restarted Beyond Good and Evil for the xbox, awesome game

Next Mass Effect.
The Action RPGer getting massively good reviews, but as with Jericho I'm not with the general consensus on this one. The game is great to watch I've spent well over fifty hours watching this game being played. I gotta admit great storyline and the choices made during the dialogue sequences really do affect the games direction and outcome. But for a person like myself who does not like to be bogged down in a game by dialogue and leveling up (the game does have an auto level up option but who would use that?) the game loses its grip on me so fast, I didn't play for even twenty minutes before my attention span was shot. The action sequences are golden, its all the rpging elements that have me at a standstill for this game.

Mass Effect is the game I am currently playing, and I love it. I was also a fan of Jade Empire and Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic so it comes to no surprise that Mass Effect is awesome IMO.

But I completely understand why someone wouldn't like it.

And yes, Fable kicks ass! I bought the 360 for GTA IV and Fable 2. I just hope Fable 2 comes out next Fall as planned and doesn't get pushed into early 09'.

so right about fable, its woefully underrated

one good thing about the 360 being repaired, you'll get a free month of xbox live gold i think it is mine only took about two weeks to come back it was beyond repair so i got a refurb instead. oh and since you like the good/evil paths of fable when you get yours back try mass effect, you'll prolly love it

forgot to add i restarted Beyond Good and Evil for the xbox, awesome game

:( I haven't even sent it yet, because I have to find the nearest UPS store.. then I have to recall them, to make sure I write everything they asked me to correctly. I tried sending it back with the UPS guy that came to the house, but he said he couldn't take it.

And the games that I wanna try, when I get my system back, are..

Bio Shock & Assassin's Creed (not sure if the last one is for 360 though)

And yes, Fable kicks ass! I bought the 360 for GTA IV and Fable 2. I just hope Fable 2 comes out next Fall as planned and doesn't get pushed into early 09'.

I bought my 360 for the better looking Madden graphics, but took a major hit when I found out the season/franchise mode isn't as in-depth as the PS2/Xbox versions are. (where you control pricing & etc, etc)

I also bought it to play Dead Rising, which I'll never grow out of. And yes, I'm like you in the fact that I can't wait for either GTA IV, or Fable 2. I wasn't a huge fan of GTA: Vice City, but I loved GTA 3 & SA.

I almost bought a fricken PSP just for the madden game that has the ability to sign a practice squad, thats how addicted to madden games I am. I just really can't look beyond the mini screen. Hell, I have an older 27' inch t.v. sitting in the corner that my original xbox is hooked up to, & compared to the 40' inch.. I hate playing on the older one, because the screen is too small to me. LOL

call ups for a pickup they will usually come and get it for ya, the guy that delivered it couldn't take it because they have to have a list of whats in and out and have to stick to it other wise

http://go.mappoint.net/ups/PrxInput.aspx

and remember mailboxes ect is also a ups store

Bioshock MASSIVE <3 for this game, its terrific and now i have an excuse to get xbox live again as there is some downloadable content including 4 new plasmids HAHA YES

and i believe assassins creed is for the 360 though i am too lazy to look right now

another old gem i have is oddworld abes oddyssee <33333 its really hard now that i'm out of practice for it such a great and dark story

Yes, Assassins Creed is on 360.

I only played a couple hours of Bioshock, but I don't see what the big deal is. I am not a fan of it at all.

I'm still finishing Bioshock. I don't speed play games. In fact, when it comes to gems like Bioshock, I like to take breaks every week or so. Sometimes it's just a bit too deep and I just don't have the energy to compete with it. Definitely the best single player FPS I have ever played, and I'm a fucking connoisseur of FPSs, trust me. It's combat elements are great, mixed with the best story ever seen in game - there's NO competitors to it, really - and you've got a real gem.

Being a connoisseur of FPSs and never playing Half Life 2 was a bit disheartening for me. So, I finally got off my arse and bought the Orange Box. Oh my God! Overhyped much? This game was just plain awful; the exits were hidden, the story's been seen a billion times before, the guns are generic and the combat is repetitive. The only thing that's decent about it is the voice-acting and, oddly enough, that's not why I buy games.

So, I traded it in for SD vs. Raw 2008. Shock, horror! OK, it's not that great a game. OK, it's not even a good game, but it's still a damn sight more entertaining than Half Life. Playing with my friends, when they're not double teaming me like absolute *****es, is fun, particularly when I ask them who I am. It's a rhetorical question but I still tell them, "I'm the M...V...P!" Or, if I'm Punk, I get their high flying arses on the floor and headbutt them until I see blood. It's annoying when they roll around like complete spazzes mind.

lol smackdown vs raw is never great but its a hell of a lot of fun to play with friends at ur house, there will always be some insane or just funny shit that happens, countless times ive hit the ref with my special or put him through a tabel... by accident!.. dont ask me how lol

but anyway, i just finished assassins creed and bioshock last week, man assassins creed really impressed me, GREAT story.. much better than i expected.. its story is probably just as good as bioshocks IMO wich is something very hard

but to awnser the thread, now im on PGR 4 and mass effect and call of duty 4, man 3 amazing games... every mission in call of duty 4 is freakin epic...

Being a connoisseur of FPSs and never playing Half Life 2 was a bit disheartening for me. So, I finally got off my arse and bought the Orange Box. Oh my God! Overhyped much? This game was just plain awful; the exits were hidden, the story's been seen a billion times before, the guns are generic and the combat is repetitive. The only thing that's decent about it is the voice-acting and, oddly enough, that's not why I buy games.

yes but did you play portal? OMG! that game was so creative and fun we spent hours upon hours figuring it out and playing it. it's worth purchasing the orange box just to play portal

Played it. It was OK. It was quite fun I guess. Thing is, I have just as much fun playing the 2D flash version, I just don't think that game on it's own is worth &#163;40.

Yes, Assassins Creed is on 360.

I only played a couple hours of Bioshock, but I don't see what the big deal is. I am not a fan of it at all.

if you only played through a few hours that could explain it, there is a major turning point just past midway through the game, it genuinely surprises and ticks you off at the same time. i tryed playing through again and harvesting the little sisters but i'm too big a wimp :(

haha I forgot to add I also play brain age 2 which i love and don't really have an in depth review for and also Kingdom Hearts Chain of memories that ones kinda weird but still fun, i just forget about my little ds from time to time

Right now I'm only playing two games; Guitar Hero 3, and NHL 2K8.

Guitar Hero 3: Probably the hardest game I've played. I'm on easy and I only got 4 songs in like 2 weeks of constant play. This game is really anoying, but it's fun.

NHL 2K8: I stayed faithful to the 2K series. The controls in this game are confusingly hard. It's fun, and has better graphics than that 08 version, but the controls are very hard. It took me a good two weeks to get the hang of them.

NHL 2K8: I stayed faithful to the 2K series. The controls in this game are confusingly hard. It's fun, and has better graphics than that 08 version, but the controls are very hard. It took me a good two weeks to get the hang of them.

I'm switching back to..

ESPN NFL 2K5: I have mine for the original xbox, & I love the graphics. I love the half time show, & the Sports Center show after the weeks games. I wish Madden would bring stuff like that in.

I love interaction between plays & the mini scenes & stats, like 2k5 brings you. I was heart-broken when I first found out about this game.. loved it.. then found out Madden bought out all the rights to the NFL. (stupid Madden, can't deal with others making a similar game)

I wish they'd still have "up-to-date" rosters for the ESPN 2k5 game, if they kept updating it to this day, I'd never buy another madden game. lol Okay, thats a lie.. I like Madden's franchise.. but ESPN has really got me loving the overall esperience.

I also perfer 2k5 NBA over NBA live.

The brand new Raw vs. Smackdown 2008 game. My brother's got it for me. I don't really understand the Season mode but I like the GM mode, lol. Do you know how to play the 24/7 modE?

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

I usually don't like RPG-types but I had my jaw wired shut for 2 months and had nothing better to do so i picked this one up. I read before I bought it that it takes about 120hrs to beat the game. I must suck cause I'm nearing 140 and still have a ton of shit I can do.

The character customization is pretty sweet letting you pick your race like Humans, Vampires, cat like people, Lizard like people and like 5 different types of elves all with different skills, magic, and attribute levels. You could also join factions and do their side quests. (Im currenly an assassin in the Dark Brotherhood taking people out) It takes place in a huge open world and you can talk to everyone to find out stuff to do. A new version called "game of the year addition" has just come out that includes all of the expansion stuff (40 more hours) of stuff to do. Very cool game if you have a lot of time on your hands.

I used to love guitar hero, but after a year of college, I think it's run its course. My all-time favorite game has got to be Super Smash Bros. Melee. Multiplayer on that will never be fun. This game has changed my life. Me and my buddies used to get ripped and call over hood rats. Now, we don't even bother. Hood rats on your own time boys. Melee when we hang out.

Unfortunately Ive got the whole Red Ring of Death crap goin on right now so Im crippled from Guitar Hero3 and Halo3. But I do have a wii and right now Im playing Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid 3 and Res Evil 4 wii. All the games are pretty sick but I cant stop playing mario. Its some Trippy Platformin ass kickin. If you have a wii get super mario galaxy and if your going to buy a wii and only one game get super mario galaxy.

Recently ive been playing Uncharted: Drakes Fortune,Assassins Creed and Call of Duty 4

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune:Wow this game is increbible,the graphics in this game is the best i've seen,especially the detail in the game,and the water is so fricken realistic,a must own for ps3 owners.

Assassins Creed:I liked this game,it was a different game then everything else on the market,its pretty realistic and i had fun with it,looking forward to the sequal.

Call of Duty 4:Incredible,this game is just so intense and pretty amazing graphics,the campaign is over quick but multiplayer is fun,and i just love the sniping mission !

Im getting the new Ratchet and clank game on the ps3 soon aswell.

Just started to play through Kingdom Hearts II again. I'm still obsessed with the series, but more so Chain Of Memories and Kingdom Hearts II. Can't wait to see if they make a third installment to the series before too long. Disney characters and some Final Fantasy... Not big on Final Fantasy, but I'm very big on Disney espically when it comes to worlds like The Nightmare Before Christmas and Pirates Of The Carribbean

Final Fantasy X.

I know it's a bit out of date but i proper got into last month and havn't looked back yet. Got the CW Weapons and have got 1 monster left to unlock. Yep, addicted XD

pokemon sapphire lol im kind of obbsesed with it i have 128 hours played on it and i have the most pokemon you can get with out catching latias and thats 161 because i used my master ball kyogre on my team is right now pretty shitty it consists of my main rayquaza at lvl 100 and it can one hit all of the eliete 4 pokemon then its kyogre at lvl 65 then its seadra at lvl 60 the crobat at 56 then cacturne at lvl 55 then im training up a crawdaunt but he is only at lvl 44 i have 2 other subs i can put in one is a lvl 57 banette and the other is a lvl 54 blazeikin thats about it i have allmost 600k and i have had 999k numerous times i bught 198 full restores and allmost 600 ultra balls

I recently got Gears of War and now I'm hooked. The graphics are amazing. Campaign mode is interesting, even though it's not long. I got the game yesterday so I'm not that far, but it's fun. I have yet to try it on Xbox Live, but I'm sure it'll be fun. I know this game is pretty old now, but I recommend it to whoever has not tried it, it's a must have for the Xbox 360.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back