Ratchet & Clank Announced for PS4

The 1-2-3 Killam

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Insomniac Games - the creators of Sony exclusive series Spyro the Dragon, Resistance, and XBox One exclusive Sunset Overdrive - have announced the rebirth of the Ratchet & Clank series, to coincide with the release of an upcoming feature film.

The game will "share the film's vision of Ratchet's origin story" with updated gameplay and visuals built from the ground-up exclusively for the PS4. So it looks like they're rebooting the series to match the film.

This is pretty exciting news for me, a lover of both action-platformers and most things Insomniac does.

I played the first three games in the Ratchet series on PS2 and loved them, and I think they got a bit better with each installation. Deadlocked was a huge disappointment IMO, and I lost touch with the series when they put out six games in seven years on the PS3. I played about 30 minutes of Full Frontal Assault on the Vita, thinking it would be fun to pick the characters back up, and traded it back in; that game was a full frontal assault on my teenage memories.

Some of the original R&C team will be working on the development for the reboot, so I'm hoping - in addition to there being a movie - it won't end up like Banjo-Kazooie circa 2008.

My sister was more of a Ratchet person.

I'd rather have a new H
Jak and Daxter

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back