• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you think about CM Punk fans who still chants CM Punk like little girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stonecoldhell

Occasional Pre-Show
CM Punk is one of the worst wrestlers of all time. He even drew one of the lowest rating in WWE in 15 years...

Lowest rating in 15 years(!) that's incredible. I almost find CM Punk boring and very stale, and I didn't get the hype he was getting 2011 just because a work, a promo. But it's easy to get hype in the PG era because of all the crap it has.

CM Punk became "cool" because he was anti-cena. Hell, I don't like Cena, but the reason CM Punk became popular was because of Cena. CM Punk own his career to Cena.

CM Punk was extremly boring and he looked like shit in the end. Fans screaming his name is just ridicolus. Would those people scream for their girlfriend if she leaved?

CM Punk babies for me, is these new kids who like to write "tittymaster" about Dean Ambrose and are new marks for wrestling. Most kids, 12-23 years old, who has'nt watch wrestling that much and started to watch in mid 2000, the majority.

It wasn't just "CM Punk fans", people were doing it just to troll WWE management or to jump on the bandwagon of chanting something along with everyone else.

And the chants have died out for the most part, this topic is stale.

And you're trolling? When was this low rating? Who main evented that night? Was it actually CM Punk. You're saying CM Punk is a horrible wrestler yet Stone Cold is in your name, so you like Steve Austin over Punk? Steve Austin, as in the guy who had like 5 moves? The fans who chant it, who cares? They still chant What every so often. Which to be fair isn't a great chant either.

CM Punk represented a change in the landscape from Cena/Orton to Bryan/Ambrose/Rollins/Reigns. Why hate on Punk? He doesn't owe his career to Cena anyway, he had been in the company for what 6? 7? years before his feud with Cena? Not like he was some loser either, he was a main event calibur guy and his feud with Cena helped establish him as such.

Plus you really didn't use any evidence, you said "Lowest rating in 15 years" but didn't mention when it was. And "He was cool for being anti Cena." Then you insult a chunk of the IWC, I just don't see the point of this

It's annoying as hell. It seems lately that everytime AJ Lee is in the ring, you have these Punk fans chanting "C-M-PUNK, C-M-PUNK!"...News flash folks, Punk walked out on the WWE, not the other way around. He's a selfish, whiny brat who left because he wasn't getting his way. How bad does your ego have to be to complain about a match with Triple H at Wrestlemania?! Get over it, he's gone!

CM Punk is one of the worst wrestlers of all time.

Just because you don't like the gimmick, or the person portraying the character, don't make extremely biased, baseless comments like this one, you just make yourself look like a whiny jagoff.

Best/worst opinions about anything are largely subjective, but in pro wrestling it's pretty easy to see who the good workers are and who the jobbers are.

Punk, like him or not, was a great in-ring worker from ROH all the way up through and including ECW/WWE, where he won the ECW title, WWE IC title, Tag titles, and multiple WWE and World Heavyweight titles as well as Money in the Bank on 2 occassions.

Not to rattle off win/loss statistics, but the point being, obviously someone among the WWE brass recognized that Punk was a little more than "one of the worst wrestlers of all time".

That sounds more like Daniel Bryan, but anyways I think this topic should be closed cuz CM Punk was absolutely amazing. I remember the night after raw just waiting for CM Punk to appear and confront/attack the authority for what Kane did but I was confused and upset that he didn't appear and became more upset. CM Punk was the best thing WWE had in years. It doesn't really look like they need them but I know for a fact that ratings would hit the roof if he was back, so they probably wouldn't need him. CM Punk was excellent on the mic and amazing in the ring. For many years he had been WWE's most underrated guy until 2011 when WWE saw the light. Daniel Bryan on the other hand is terrible and boring as hell, and yes I hate him, but I'm not saying that he's a bad wrestler because he's really good, but WWE is all about entertainment and he does not belong there. The only he could do is his stupid yes chants that are really annoying, and I don't think anybody cared about Daniel Bryan in 2011 until he started using his yes chants. I just wish Daniel Bryan left instead of CM Punk

You know what else is "cool" these days? Jumping on the CM Punk hate bandwagon. I'm not saying that's what you're doing, but it's happening all over the place, and it's annoying as hell. People that were diehard Punk fans years ago have done a complete 180 because that's what they are seeing and hearing online.

To the point though, they're paying fans, they can chant whatever they want. If they want to see CM Punk - if he's they're favorite guy - then that's they're prerogative. My only frustration about it is the people that bitch at WWE for not bringing back Punk, like it was THEIR FAULT he's gone, and they're the ones keeping him from being on TV. The ignorance of the whole situation is just ridiculous on every side.

This thread though is...something. Calling him one of the worst wrestlers ever is hilarious. Maybe if you've only seen like two wrestling shows ever, and they happened to be in the last few months of Punk's career. I mean, he wasn't the "best in the world". As Daniel Bryan once said, "you're not even the best in this ring tonight." I'd put guys like Bryan, Ziggler, Ambrose, Rollins, and a few others in a category just above him. But Punk wasn't just a "pro wrestler", he packaged it with his ability to talk better than 99% of the roster, and the love his fans had for him. People got on the bandwagon in 2011 because he was hot, the angle was good, and it was the first controversial thing the fans had seen in years. What's wrong with being excited about that?

Getting on the case of fans who pick up on old indie stuff because it's popular is another symptom of the counter-pop-culture garbage that just likes to bitch about everything people find joy in. Who cares if teenagers are using the phrase "tittymaster"? What possible effect could it have on you as a wrestling fan? Does it destroy your self-entitled indie cred?

I don't know how old you are, or what your experience as a fan is, but just from reading your threat, it screams hypocrisy.

I've been saying it all along, it's stupid and childish. Cheer for the people who are actually in the locker room who honored their contracts and showed up to entertain you. And it's a really piss poor form of rebellion for anyone who feels edgy by chanting that at a live show considering you still gave your money to WWE to buy your ticket, so if you think you're supporting some altruistic cause by chanting for this martyr who supposedly tried so hard to make the product better, you're wrong. You'd be more in line with the cause if you did what Punk did and stopped showing up. Vince doesn't give a damn what you're chanting as long as you bought a ticket in order to do so; he'd care if people stopped buying tickets all together.

Overall it just seems like some weird form of stockholm syndrome to me. Why people think Punk is a hero when he basically spit in their face by saying he earned enough money to buy his big 2 million dollar home in Chicago (and however much left in the bank) thanks to the support of the fans and no longer feels the need to show up, is beyond me. WWE didn't pay his paycheck. Fans did. The same fans he walked out on. Your money paid for that contract that he decided he didn't need to finish.

Take whatever side you want about the fact that he left, but to continue chanting his name is stupid. It's not as if WWE told him to hit the road and fired him and are preventing you from seeing him. Chanting CM Punk AT them seems to imply that they are at fault. Punk left. By all accounts, WWE tried to get him back. I'll never understand why people think Punk is the hero in this situation.

Chant for the people who actually show up. Or don't. What do I care. Only thing I tune in for any more is Lesnar, so go ahead and ruin the show you paid to get in to, I guess.

It's annoying as hell. It seems lately that everytime AJ Lee is in the ring, you have these Punk fans chanting "C-M-PUNK, C-M-PUNK!"...News flash folks, Punk walked out on the WWE, not the other way around. He's a selfish, whiny brat who left because he wasn't getting his way. How bad does your ego have to be to complain about a match with Triple H at Wrestlemania?! Get over it, he's gone!

Triple H was upset that CM Punk didn't want to have the match with him. Talk about ego... CM Punk, Selfish? Sure maybe, but least he's not TV every week while still only wrestling 3-4 times a year. I'm also betting Triple H has little interest in trying to bring Punk back because Punk doesn't view a match Triple H as a big deal. Who really has the ego problem?

For the people incessantly chanting "CM PUNK", I say just let it go...Grow the fuck up and move on..I hope he doesn't ever return because from all accounts, he's actually happy with his life now.

I've been a CM Punk fan since his Japan/ROH days and when Punk walked out, I thought "Damn..Fuck it..Shit happens..If he's happier NOT being in the WWE, then so be it. Who am I to snivel/bitch about it?"

I say just shut the fuck up about him already and let the man live his life without people sniveling and begging for him to return..Just let Phil Brooks be Phil Brooks instead of screaming for "CM PUNK"..If you want CM Punk back that damn bad, then just play WWE 2K15 and use CM Punk against Helmsley, Taker, etc

To be honest I don't think CM punk has anything to do with the decrease, wwe ratings have slumped since around 03-04. Unless I'm mistaken CM punk wrestler 5 out of 5 match with Samoa Joe, 5 out 5's are very rare so punk wrestling can't be that bad and as for his mic skills he has to be up there as one of the best at delivering a promo. I think you just started this thread because you have a vendetta against Punk which is fair enough but no one wants to read about someone whining, but yeah Punk left but that doesn't mean we have to stop admiring his work.

Another obvious trolling attempt. Even implying that Punk was a terrible wrestler is enough to make me puke. Claiming he was responsible for ratings dropping is borderline ******ed. The ratings have been crap for years. Well before Punk was even sniffing main event status.
As far as people chanting for him at shows, I'm in the camp of the people paid for those seats. They have the right to chant whatever they want. At least they're chanting something. Much better than hearing nothing at all.
I anxiously await your next troll thread OP.

CM Punk is one of the worst wrestlers of all time. He even drew one of the lowest rating in WWE in 15 years...

Lowest rating in 15 years(!) that's incredible. I almost find CM Punk boring and very stale, and I didn't get the hype he was getting 2011 just because a work, a promo. But it's easy to get hype in the PG era because of all the crap it has.

CM Punk became "cool" because he was anti-cena. Hell, I don't like Cena, but the reason CM Punk became popular was because of Cena. CM Punk own his career to Cena.

CM Punk was extremly boring and he looked like shit in the end. Fans screaming his name is just ridicolus. Would those people scream for their girlfriend if she leaved?

CM Punk babies for me, is these new kids who like to write "tittymaster" about Dean Ambrose and are new marks for wrestling. Most kids, 12-23 years old, who has'nt watch wrestling that much and started to watch in mid 2000, the majority.

Aren't you the guy on another thread giving everyone shit because they supposedly put Stone Cold down. Jeez talk about ironic.

There is nothing wrong with CM Punk and if people want to chant his name then let them, you can't police the crowd. If they look like idiots then let them. As long as the person sitting beside me isn't doing it in my ear, I would have to say something then, I really don't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back