• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you make of DX return so far on Raw?

I think it has helped break up the monotone delivery of Randy Orton and the desperate cries for approval by John Cena that we've had to put up with for the last 8 months. ALSO...Chavo vs Hornswoggle....ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN THAT CRAP! I wish it could be edgier like it was in 98...hell even 2006...but I won't get greedy. I'm entertained and it's one of the few times I don't fast forward my DVR through RAW.

So far I am enjoying this return very much so. When they are a team I think they are as funny as you can get in the PG era. Im hoping they do a program with jerishow ( I know they wont but one can dream.) The fued could be about DX realizing that even though they have been best friends for a while and also a group many times and have multiple tag titles, they have never won the tag titles together. When each has won the titles they have been seperate. When HHH says that have Jericho come out and make fun of him for thinking they could take their titles away from them.

Wasn't impressed with it, whatsoever.

Basically, all they are doing is using the DX name in an attempt to sell merchandise and hopefully generate interest in PPV's. Obviously, that's the name of the game when it comes to this business ... however the point is that they are just living off their past reputation without doing anything new. And obviously, they can't do anything because they are restricted by the rating.

They mine as well just say that Triple H is teaming with Shawn Michaels as opposed to calling them D-Generation X, because this is not D-Generation X, by a long shot ... and anybody who has watched wrestling for a decade knows it.

So I can't say that I am impressed with it, whatsoever. They mine as well not even attempt that with which they know going in that they can not successfully execute.

Dx versus Legacy has been a pretty decent feud. I would like to see Dx become tag champs to at least make their recycled comeback worthwhile but in general the wwe is stale.

I like it. The cafeteria thing with HBK was pure gold. Plus the promotion of the DX/Dusty/WCW DVDs was classic. They bring entertainment to the EWWE. They're building legacy like crazy to look like a legit tag team, it's pretty good. Now they seem to be in a program with JeriShow which should be entertaining. What gets me is for months on end you people were BITCHING about the WWE not focusing on tag teams, and now that they are you're still not happy. The fuck they gotta do to please you?

Its been pretty good so far. I thought they would get more skit time than they do. It seems like they get one sketch a night to go along with their match or ringside appearance. HHH vs HBK has been done but not at Wrestlemania, but Shawn putting over HHH wouldn't prove anything because HHH has beat him in the past. HHH is already and upper-echelon star. If they do a loser retires match it will be highly predictable as well so I don't see them going that route either. If they do the Flair/Michaels story line, it would be a rip-off and to soon.

I think a run with the tag team titles would make dx look good especially with Triple H having a confrontation on Raw with Jerishow. This feud would be something worthwhile and everyone would like to see Dx with the tag titles.

I'm a little annoyed with them actually. I would much rather them try something new as opposed to reviving a stable that, IMO was best when it consisted of HHH, Chyna, X-pac, and the New Age Outlaws.

The Revival a few years back worked for the most part, but as it is now, no one really wants to see a bunch of 40-year olds parade around like they're 25.

That being said, some of their stuff has been funny. But most of it is rather corny.

What we see today is nothing more than the two main members of the DX of old, living off their past reputations while acting like a bunch of juvenile kids. They are not like the mischievous adults of old, which made them famous. Rather, their humor today is immature, poopy humor.

They are called "DX", but in reality as we all know, this isn't really the "DX" of The Attitude Era. This simply is the version of DX of Wakeless Watered-down Entertainment.

So no, to say I am not the least bit impressed is a huge understatement. They are basically around to sell DX Merchandise. Why anyone gets excited when DX appears anymore is beyond me. You aren't really seeing DX. I guess it is simply nostalgia and people keeping the hope alive then somewhere at some point, the DX of old will re-emerge. It just isn't going to happen, sadly.

Personally, I feel the DX reunion is a little annoying. Sure HHH and HBK are great wrestlers, but every time they come to the ring is the same old "Are you ready" segment...They come in and are in the ring just talking for a good half hour. It is funny, but sometimes they are there for far too long.

I don't recall Triple H or HBK ever won the tag titles, so even a short title reign would be nice to see and they have done a nice job of building up Ted and Cody. It's also a nice break from Cena vs Orton. They can get annoying but it's not too awful.

DX just aint the say as they use to be. They used to be funnier and more cutting edge. But they just cant do that same effect with PG ratings. I really am Getting pissed off those celeberty guest hosts are sucking up to santio and DX and Hornswaggle. Its the same shit day in and day out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back