• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What do you make of DX return so far on Raw?

mayhem

Pre-Show Stalwart
DX seem to have added a bit of flavor in my opinion to Raw. Yeah Raw sucks but at least their wild antics will help to relieve the pain of sitting through this show.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels seem to old to be playing 40 odd year old guys acting immaturely these days and Dx is really stale and corny. They had a great comeback match at Summerslam against Legacy but it looks like it'll be back to the lame promos which they are most reknown for.

I think everyone would agree it was convenient for their return as Michaels was written out of storylines post Wrestlemania 25 and they can sell a load of Dx merchandise to counter the tough economic times.

Thoughts on the return of Dx?

I can sum up the reunion of DX in 3 simple words: painful to watch. Seriously, I know this worked 3 years ago, but there was also a 8-9 year gap between the reunions. DX reunions have become the equivalent of Bret Favre retirements, it was a big deal the first time, but now most people want to see Favre retire because truth be told "his career is over, we want to remember favre as he was, its a little hard to do that when he still plays and his skills have dropped considerably", Favre was one of the 5 greatest QB's of all time, but when it's over, it's over. Don't believe me, ask Michael Jordan.

DX's time in the world of wrestling is over (remember when they kept bringing back the nWo, its the same thing here, people want to remember DX as it was originally, not to watch it become stale and corny) and its time to hang up the boots. I hope this DX reunion ends with a HHH/HBK feud, that would be a much better way for HBK to end his career.

People need to stop complaining. DX was one of the greatest things to happen to the WWF/E, and it's nice seeing them together again, albeit if only for a short amount of time. Enjoy it while you can, IWC. What, would everyone rather see Orton/HHH again? Psssssssh.

DX absolutely sucks. They were never a good stable. They were a poor man and cheap WWE version of the nWo and now WWE over-glorifies them as if they're the coolest thing ever. What's worse than having 2 guys over the age of 40 playing pranks and trying to act cool to a bunch of 5-9 years olds. This new Disney DX is lame as if they weren't lame before. Please end the DX crap!!

DX is the only positive thing happening on Monday Night Raw right now. The World Title is in the same hands as always, mid card matches are dull, and thank goodness Y2J is in the tag scene, otherwise that would suck too. Monday nights are once again must see TV with DX back. I don't understand the opinion that what they are doing doesn't fit 40 year olds. What? What have they done the past couple weeks that doesn't fit someone their age? What are they doing that is immature and childish? I believe people are looking at what DX was, and without even looking at what they're doing today, make the assumption that HBK and HHH are back to their 'old tricks' when that simply is not the case.

Stop looking at this reunion of DX as a couple old guys doing immature things. Actually watch them on Raw tonight and have an open mind, and come to the conclusion that these are just two veterans of the industry having a good time and making young guys look good at the same time.

I honestly think that it is a waste of the fans time as well as Triple H and Shawn's. The fans still pop for DX, granted, but it is becoming a tired routine. Triple H is not as comedic as he seems to think that he is (he has his moments but they are few and far between and mostly in-jokes that usually fly over the casual fan's head) and what a terrible return for Shawn. One of the greatest main eventers in professional wrestling returns as a cafeteria cook? Really? REALLY WWE?? REEEAAAAAALLY?

I would have loved for the cocky and devious Shawn to return and just start randomly superkicking everyone in his path. Have him backstab the SHIT out of Triple HHH, screw Cena out of the championship, kick the hell out of Kofi...I don't know, something interesting maybe?

Away with you, DX!!

I knew it was going to be like this. All of you knew it was going to be like this. Shawn Michaels isn't the guy he used to be. Since his religious makeover, he's been just a plain old guy. Triple H on the other hand is hilarious. I'm not knocking HBK, I'm just saying.

Anyways, I don't like the DX thing. The thing last week was out of desperation and just to kill a half hour. I think they need to kill it asap, so Shawn can get one more run at the title. I'd love to see it, because I've been an HBK fan since I was like 5. He never puts on a bad match, and I mean NEVER. He's had great WM matches with Beniot/HHH, Angle, Taker, Jericho, Flair since he came back. HHH is just another Favre. He can leave and come back as he pleases, killing the spotlight for guys like Shelton Benjiman, Finlay, Kane, Chavo, Jack Swagger, Christian. etc.

While the DX is return is cool but played out and HBK's return was awful, I'm still glad they're back on Raw and give it something to watch for. Also DX is doing a nice job with Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase. They look legit now and it's keeping HHH from facing Orton, which is what we all wanted anyway!!!

So welcome back DX for the 300th time. Do what you gotta do and go...please?

The thing that gets me is that WWE needs to find one, ONE thing to do with HHH and stick with it. Look, this whole DX reunion makes Trips look weak because he can't beat a couple of younger guys without the aid of his buddy Shawn Michaels. Shawn, while being a great talent still, is pretty much at the end of his line and is kinda becoming a hipocrite to a cetain extend due to the fact that when he 1st started DX he made mention every now and then about stars who could and could not still go...Now, every now and then, he can still go, but damnit, it still looks bad that they bring DX back to do a job that either one of them could have done by themselves, and that's beat DiBiase and Rhodes (especially Rhodes).

I truly wish they'd turn HHH heel, but that doesn't seem like it's gonna happen. I doubt DX will be around by say, Rumble time, which gives us basically the whole fall to put up with their age old crap. I don't like DX at all, but you have to admit, what else do they have to offer at the moment??? More Cena/Orton tag matches? No thanks. 6 in one hand, half a dozen in the other...

Being a Huge Fan of DX I have enjoyed it and gave me a good reason to break out the DX Gear again to wear as well. For someone to compare HHH to Brett Farve is a joke,how is that even remotely the same or have anything to do with this? Im glad HBK came back and the Cafeteria skits were damn funny I thought. So I for one have enjoyed it and if you don't like it don't watch it,simple as that.

Being a Huge Fan of DX I have enjoyed it and gave me a good reason to break out the DX Gear again to wear as well. For someone to compare HHH to Brett Farve is a joke,how is that even remotely the same or have anything to do with this? Im glad HBK came back and the Cafeteria skits were damn funny I thought. So I for one have enjoyed it and if you don't like it don't watch it,simple as that.

Hey dumbass i compared Favre RETIRING AND RETURNING to a DX Reunion (No i did not compare HHH to Favre, thats a terrible comparison), the comparison being that if you come back too many times, it cheapens the whole Aura if you will of said thing (like Favre is now gonna be looked at as a washed up bum instead of an all time great, LIKE HE SHOULD BE).

Yawn,,,Yawny...geez wasn't it 10 years ago or 2-3,they did this now in the pg era, Somehow I don't think they could get away with pooppies on anyone since we are in PG era. That might be bad. GOOD GIMMICK. LET IT REST...Its been 10 years WTF Tyson comming out again or some other fighter the cops are looking at???????????

Definitely a good thing. Both of them regain a certain vigour by doing this, and it also keeps them out of the main event without having to have a shit feud. I'm not offended by it, and I don't care that they beat Legacy, because they are on a higher plane, rightfully, than most tag teams. I'd like to see a similar situation to RatedRKO to knock them off their perch, but with it actually following through to the bitter end. Michaels will be gone soon and the New Age Outlaws and X-Pac aren't going to be anywhere near a WWE ring again, so enjoy this last nostalgic run for DX. You'll miss them when they're gone.

What's the cliche'? Going back to the well? If that's the case they are half way to china(or chyna) by now looking for water with all the DX reunions.
I could state a billion bad things about it..but that's just too easy.
The one postive thing about them being back is that it keeps them both out of the world title picture for a while. I wouldn't mind seeing them vs Jericho and bigshow or Regel's new team of Giant black dude and giant russian guy... But I don't see that happening..

What I see happening is week after week of not putting over other wrestlers and terrible vignettes.

I know that people want to see DX again but dont you guys think its kind of sad? I mean there is no other tag team in the WWE that has the same amount of popularity as DX. Instead of creating a team the WWE keeps on bringing the old guys. I mean its fun for a while you know but if its because the lack of creativity on another young talent to be build like DX its kind of sad. But thats enough bitching from me. Now lets move on with the positive stuff. DX totally put Legacy legitimately over. Cody Rhodes looked like some kind of superman just bouncing back after enduring a major beat down. Michaels is a great guy. Dibiase on the other hand didn't stick out to me that much. Not that he wasnt there, it was just that Rhodes looked better. (Offtopic srry) Anyways, I hope they wont bring back DX for a while and focus on a new kind of DX. Not the same gimmick and stuff but a team or a talent who reaches the same popularity. Because thats what the WWE needs right now the most. And not DX.

Its a moneymaker and the fans go crazy for them. I'd like to see something different this time around aka a heel turn and eventually a split. If they were heel and did some of the goofy segments been with a mean twist it would get over no doubt. The stuff they do now is funny cus its so corny it makes you laugh or think "what the hell are they doing?". They made Legacy look good but who else is there to work with? I doubt they will wrestle Jericho/Show for the belts. I hope they either turn heel or lose to Legacy and split...

I really like seeing Shawn and HHH togther but not playing the stupid DX charachters. These guys togther are money but why not let them grow up and be togther as their current tough guy(HHH) legend(HBK) combo. The Dudleys were a comedy act but they grew up got mean and they still work, same can be said for Edge, Christian, Chris Jericho. Let them get togther and act like themselves and I think we could still see great things out of them. I dont no about you guys but i was more entertained by the Outlaws when DX was new and honestly Shawn didnt last all that long in DX if you rember during the glory days HHH was the leader and it was him, Chyna, Outlaws, and X Pac. Shawn was nowhere to be found when DX was at their most popular.

Seriously DX= carbon copy of nWo you got 2 overly immature 40 yo old over the hill guys acting like kids in high school what kind of example are you setting to the kids-teenagers these days! Right I guess it will be cool to respond back to the teacher with a midsection sign indication to suck it! Seriously get rid of deep penetration x
Thats the reason why I came out with T Shirts of these crappy carbon copy wannabees of nWo here ! We all know nWo was #1 and DPX was #2 !!!
Soon Shawn Michaels will be in TNA joining his bodyguard Nash coz that's where they all go when they age and I am sure TNA is in talks with Jeff Hardy and Ric FLair with a terrific schedule why not !!!

i like DX a lot and think they're entertaining. But them in PG era WWE, it just won't be the same as making 'Vince loves cock' jokes.

But i got some old PPVs and 2 of them were from the Shawn/HHH feud back when Shawn was making his comeback from geting injured. Those 2 had amazing matches against each other. my favorite was a 2 out of 3 falls match.
When they fued again, i'd like to place bets on who will blade first. They both do it really well, especially against each other.

DX returning, for me, is a great thing. It's classic and to me, a classic never gets old (just look, I'm a 'Taker fan). They are doing great things with Legacy, they aren't hogging the main event, and they are still two of the best performers in the WWE today. I would like to see DX now instead of when they get to about Flair and Hogan's age coming out and doing the crotch chop (we all know that there is a possibility of this happening). DX gives us back the one thing that Raw has lost, and that is a certain level of unpredictability. They bring back the element of suprise and in wrestling, that's never a bad thing.

And if you're not down with that, I've got two words for you: Who Cares?

DX is the only reason why I watch Raw..otherwise I wouldnt tune in watching the same shit over and over and over again. Ya its not working that well but w.e. I can smile once or twice during their promos..it beats watching Cena Orton 5000, and it sure as hell beats Chavo Horns 10000..

Least the ending the Raw was awesome lol..good ole RKO

Alright, i personally can't stand DX because their gimmick now makes no fuckign sense at all (not that it matters in the WWE "Universe").

For starters, they are in their forties and trying to be rebellious youth. Unfortunately, IT LOOKS FUCKING ******ED.

Secondly, not only are they middle aged adults they both have wives IN KAYFABE. Earlier this year it was confirmed in storyline that Triple H and Stephanie are together, and Triple H came to RAW as the defender of the McMahon family against Randy Orton. Even though in 2006, HE HATED VINCE MCMAHON IN KAYFABE AND VINCE HATED HIM, they had a huge feud in which DX embarrassed and insulted the McMahons (not to mention that whole match they had inside a certain demonic structure) , now Triple H PROTECTS the McMahons. Then for the ultimate MIND FUCK, when DX reunited again this year we saw them team with Vince against Legacy even though they are supposed to be raising hell against the corporate goof Mr. McMahon. So i guess it's corporate DX is back because the members are family men, and the members help the McMahon family....

Is this really relevant, nope, WWE MIND FUCKS the fans in terms of storyline all the time and rarely explains things adequately so its no wonder wrestling storytelling is looked at like a joke from other forms of entertainment. I mean, which are Triple H and Michaels even friends at all in storyline didn't they tear each other apart from 2002-2004 in a epic feud, well i guess they just got over it...

But ya as stupid as it is (and yes, its VERY fucking stupid) I just accept it, because its really not about me. I see all the fans every week on RAW coming to their feet and cheering DX like its the next coming of Jesus Christ (Jesus is hella over), and since pretty much all of the fans buy into it and are entertained I get over it and simply to appreciate them for what they are.

Does anyone else agree that the backstage DX segments on Raw tonight were the best parts of the show, bar none? I thought it was hilarious they brought up HBK's title reigns 1996-1998 during WWE's "defeat" to WCW, and how things started to turn around when HBK got injured. Dusty has always been a favorite of mine on the mic, and with DX doing their thing, these backstage segments were the saving grace of another mediocre MNR.

This just goes along with what I said before, DX doesn't just stick with the same stereotypical things they're expected to do (sure every now and then), and can be very entertaining.

Yes, the reoccuring returns may be a tad bit diluted now, but...

You have to look at it from a creative standpoint. DX as a unit makes much more sense than them individually right now in both of their careers.

HHH: He was starting to because very stale as a face, and if he would have turned heel, it would have been fresh for a very short time, and then more futile title reigns. At least now, his character has become refreshed, and we don't see the same monotonous HHH gimmick that eclipses any chance for a midcarder to shine.

HBK: I a big Michaels fan, and I would love for him to have one more title run (he hasn't had a legit run ever since the 90's: he only had it for one month in the past 7 years), but that seemingly won't happen, at least any time soon. So instead of him being forced to be in an angle that would do nothing but harm him (i.e JBL's "slave"), just have him be involved in an angle that wouldn't tarnish his name, as well as benefit Legacy.

The both of them aren't prominent characters on Raw, but is a breath of fresh air nonetheless. I truly believe it goes without dispute that DX has elevated Rhodes and DiBiase to the next level finally making them somewhat distinct from being Orton's little lackies. They without a doubt wrestled their best match as a team at Summer"fest", and finally are their own tag team now because of this fued.

People can complain all they want but at the end of the day, DX still intrigues people to watch, sells a ton of merchandise, and receives effortless pops every week; exactly what a wrestler is commissioned to do.

Well I see it as the perfect scenario right now. I am going to enjoy the last D-X run, since its most likely going to be the last. Them 2 are doing their best to be funny in a PG enviornment, but they can do better. I see this culminating into a feud which comes to head at WM 26, beginning right around the Rumble. They have to do a slow build with this feud, with out of the blue one day HHH leveling HBK. How they go about it is another thing. Im sure they can think of somehthing that could make Trips look like a scumbag. Like for example just have him snap one day during a promo or match, pummel HBK or whatever. The reasoning being that Shawn got weak being all religious and shit. That would make HHH look more like a bastard since he brought religion into it. Have him explain that HBK looking like a priest makes him look weak and blah blah blah. Only to have HBK beat him at Mania and go out on top. What do you the IWC think bout that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back