• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What about Christian?

wwe australia

Dark Match Winner
Is it just me or have we all forgot about christian, yes people have said edge vs christian at mania but what about christian coming back at the rumble and might , just might win it to face edge at mania, yes its a long shot but its far more likely then drew mcintire or even del rio winning

Still the favourites are obviously cena, HHH and it could be possible for jericho to return but christian is meant to return soon and it does seem they have kept him quiet so what do you guys think

First post from a guy from down under

It would be interesting, and as Edge is the World Champion right now, I definitely think that an Edge v Christian feud would sell tickets...its what the fans have wanted for years! If Christian is healthy enough to come back and win the Royal Rumble, then he could go into mania on a red-hot streak, and I believe people would buy into him as a credible challenger, and the roof would come off the arena if he managed to win the title.

However, Vince just doesnt seem to see $$$ when he looks at Christian, be it due to his size, age, former association with TNA, whatever! He didnt see it before he let the WWE, and hasnt been in with a sniff of a world title reign since his return (I am refusing to count the ECW title as a world title, it was just a mid-card belt).

I would love...LOVE..to see Christian with his hand raised at WM, and E&C embracing after putting on a show-stealing match. It would be a real feel-good moment, just like when Eddie and Benoit won the title at WM, or when Jeff Hardy finally captured the WWE title. But I just cannot see it happening sadly. I just do not think Vince sees Christian as a big enough star to compete for the title at WM. However, I really hope this happens, but I am not getting my hopes up.

Nice thread though dude. Welcome to the forum

Here is the thing. Christian isn't getting that big of a pop. When he made that appearance at the slammy awards, people didn't really make that much noise. Certainly not enough for a person to be in a championship match at Wrestlemania.

If they do indeed put him in that match, they'll have to push him hard and get him more over fast.

Here is the thing. Christian isn't getting that big of a pop. When he made that appearance at the slammy awards, people didn't really make that much noise. Certainly not enough for a person to be in a championship match at Wrestlemania.

If they do indeed put him in that match, they'll have to push him hard and get him more over fast.

I think people may be starting to give up on Christian, believing he will never win the big one. However, put him in a feud with Edge for the title, and the old fans will come back and the newer fans will believe again.

Christian should certainly have a world title reign before he retires

No one has forgotten about Christian. The second he was injured there were people predicting a Rumble return to face Edge and it looks like the WWE may go for a similar idea.

Personally i do not see it happening for a few reasons.
The current trend of rumble wins is too go for people in the main event or have at least had some exposure to it. You could argue that Batista was the last out of nowhere winner of the rumble but he had been part of the biggest stable in the whole of the WWE at the time. Before Batista i cant think of anyone who was a midcarder and won the rumble.
Christain is not a regular fixture in the main event.

There are plenty more people in the WWE who are deserved of a push and I'm guessing that christian is low down on the list of mid carders who are due a push.

The Edge v Chrsitain match could sell but i still feel that neither will be in the main event. They may have a match but it will not be for the world title i would think. I see Punk v Barret for the world heavyweight title

No one has forgotten about Christian. The second he was injured there were people predicting a Rumble return to face Edge and it looks like the WWE may go for a similar idea.

The current trend of rumble wins is too go for people in the main event or have at least had some exposure to it. You could argue that Batista was the last out of nowhere winner of the rumble but he had been part of the biggest stable in the whole of the WWE at the time. Before Batista i cant think of anyone who was a midcarder and won the rumble.

There are plenty more people in the WWE who are deserved of a push and I'm guessing that christian is low down on the list of mid carders who are due a push.

The Edge v Chrsitain match could sell but i still feel that neither will be in the main event. They may have a match but it will not be for the world title i would think. I see Punk v Barret for the world heavyweight title

Thats true which is why i said it would be a long shot but someone like christian can be pushed to the top, when he made a comeback to the wwe, his push was small yet at mania 25 i recall his pop at the money in the bank was the loudest of the midcarders there. But as you said vince does not have a liking for christian to go mainevent but if there was a year that a midcarder or someone for a suprise victory this would be the year.

I think people may be starting to give up on Christian, believing he will never win the big one. However, put him in a feud with Edge for the title, and the old fans will come back and the newer fans will believe again.

Christian should certainly have a world title reign before he retires

christian vs edge can get a huge build up but mcmahon dosent like christian because his TNA run so he looks down on him and possibly explaining why hes not getting push but christian is certanly liked by the fans and gets pop just look at ECW days the guy was huge and beaten the likes of chris jericho. All he needs is a good push and hype for the fued and not needing the Royal rumble win. Edge just needs to retain at EC

I don't think Christian has been forgotten about at all. He was brought in for the Slammys and cut a great promo with Edge. He should be coming back anytime now, and I know he will be welcomed back greatly. No one has forgotten about him by any means. Especially with the Royal Rumble being increased to 40, the playing field is WIDE OPEN for people to come back from injury or extended leave. I have a feeling that we cannot just expect him to sit by, he was on his way to a great feud with ADR and with that man putting him out of action, its more than likely that we will probably see a huge feud re-ignited. I would LOVE to see the 'Pontiff of the Peeps' or 'Captain Charisma' light into that rivalry again.

I would love to see Edge and Christian again dominating the tag & singles compition and soon start a feud after Edge did not appear in the match and he sooon comes in only to spear Christian and the feud booms off or something spupid like that. How could you even have the mere idea we forgot about christian. By all means no one has forgotten about Christian. Unless you are uniterested it the wrestleing buiss of course.

Exactly. Which is complete bullshit but makes sense. It all depends on who is big enough to sell ppvs.
They could push Christian like crazy but its highly unlikely anytime because of how Vince hates him. Which Meth Hardy comes back from TNA and won the world title and wwe. But I guess Christian doesn't sell a lot of ugly armbands.

Its too bad this has happened to Christian because he really is deserving of a title shot. He pretty much owns the mitb match and he did hold the ECW championship longer than anyone. Kane and Big Show were both former champions before they went to ECW and went back into different title pictures. But they were established beforehand.

If he doesn't get a mitb win, it would be great to see him as king of the ring. If Regal was king, then why not Christian? I doubt many current viewers remember Regal as gm and Christian is more over than Regal was in 2008

Ive said from the time I knew christian was injured, that I think he will win the royal rumble and possibly face edge at Wrestlemania. Check my rumble prediction posts and i think that he is not forgotten, with the appearance at the slammy's. and think his odds of winning the rumble has shot up in the past few weeks because of Alberto Del Rio's ("Destiny") of winning the rumble

I love Christian and personally think that with Edge expressing interest in possible retirement sooner than later, there is no one better to pass his torch to than Christian IMO.

I think we might see Del Rio and Christian go at it in the Rumble Match, possibly with Del Rio eliminating Christian to win the Rumble. Setting up that feud for later. And if VKM ever gives Christian a shot, it will be him winning the MITB at WM, and possibly cashing it in that night against Edge.. maybe after Edge retains from Del Rio... something along those lines.

Might be a good twist on things... that would by worth my $60 for the PPV. We all win here. Del Rio wins the RR and gets a Title shot, Christian wins the MITB, and cashes in same night... we get some good good matches out of MITB, Edge/Del Rio, Edge/Christian.

Anyway, thats how I would write it if I were a writer :)

Christian has always been a guy who was born to entertain, but lets face it. I think in the era, of pretty much EVERYTHING being written word for word on a script, he's not allowed to be as witty and funny as he used to be. I liked it when Christian played the Jericho-type heel in 2002, always whining when he didn't get his way, I think he could play that character still. Jericho wouldn't mind, if Jericho could have anyone play that charachter he'd pick his buddy Christian I'm sure.

The problem is, he's just not portrayed as a guy who can really go far in the industry. Instead he's portrayed as a popular mid-carder, who wins every bit as much as he loses. He was doomed from the word GO, with his anti-climatic return to the WWE, on the ECW brand. I think Christian has a lot more to offer than the WWE is giving him.

I guess as a huge Christian mark, I should be thankful they haven't outright buried him, but at 37 years old, I don't see the WWE taking any chances on him. It's sad that Edge, who's the same age, got those chances in WWE, while Christian had to go elsewhere to be a main event guy. To men, despite posessing different attributes, were very much the same in terms of having well-rounded personalities.

But I think the feud with Del Rio won't get Christian any further, it'll be just a quick PPV showdown, where Del Rio will get the win, because he's the guy they're pushing too the moon. It only make sense, and they should keep doing that with Del Rio. But it is sad that the WWE has never had any faith in Christian to be a top guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back