Well the Best Picture Nominees were announced...

SpoodBeest

City Dweller, Successful Fella
Earlier today the academy announced the nominations for the Best Picture Oscar. The nominations are as follows:

1. Avatar
2. The Blind Side
3. District 9
4. An Education
5. The Hurt Locker
6. Inglourious Basterds
7. Precious
8. A Serious Man
9. Up
10. Up In The Air

As many probably already know they decided to double the amount of nominations in this category.

I was surprised to see The Blind Side and District 9 nominated, I never would have guessed those two films to be nominated.

And even though I seen it coming i'm glad Up got a Best Picture nom, since Pixar has deserved this nomination for a long time now.

Discuss away if you care at all.

Strange. I seem to remember making a thread similar to this. In the bar.

Fuck yeah, District 9 got nominated? FUCK YEAH. Thank you Academy, you've done the right thing for once. I know it likely won't win, but thank god it atleast got nominated. I was getting damn sick of the horror/sci-fi bias the Academy has.

D9 was one of the better films of this year. Haven't seen Avatar, the blindside, an Up yet.

The Blind Side? Fucking seriously? Shame on you Academy.

The Hurt Locker in my opinion is this year's lock to win. Much like Slumdog Millionaire last year.

SpoodBeest™;1774958 said:
1. Avatar
Didn't see it
2. The Blind Side
...the fuck?
3. District 9
meh
4. An Education
didn't hear about this one
5. The Hurt Locker
very good, loved it
6. Inglourious Basterds
I thoroughly enjoyed it
7. Precious
didn't see it on racist grounds
8. A Serious Man
wanted desperately to see this
the fuck?
10. Up In The Air
didn't see it

No Moon? Fuck you all, academy.

SpoodBeest™;1774958 said:
1. Avatar

Well-made blockbuster. Cameron is my pick for Director and Avatar is my pick for Best Picture (The Hurt Locker's box-office hurts it too much).

2. The Blind Side

If films like Little Miss Sunshine and Juno get Best Pic noms, then this sure as hell should get one too.

3. District 9

Good movie.

4. An Education

Haven't seen it, don't really have an interest in seeing it.

5. The Hurt Locker

Great fucking film...tied for American film of the year with Precious, in my books.

6. Inglourious Basterds

Everyone already knows how I feel about Tarantino.

7. Precious

See The Hurt Locker.

8. A Serious Man

Besides No Country For Old Men, I can't stand the Coen Brothers.

How the fuck did this get in here? Probably the 10 thing; nowhere near as good as WALL-E.

10. Up In The Air

Easily the most overrated film of the year. Competently made, but nothing that hasn't been done before and won't be done again a million times over.

AWO Areoplex™;1775520 said:
Halloween 2 and Friday the 13th FTW (because I like the series).

Halloween 2 was one of the biggest pieces of trash I have ever seen. I no way should that movie be nominated for anything unless it is shittiest movie of the year.

I will be pulling for The Hurt Locker here. Brilliant film. Also, it is really nice to see District 9 and Up get nominations, both are deserving.

I guarantee Avatar is going to win. Sizzle and no steak wins you awards. I wish D9 would win. That movie was amazing.

I've seen Avatar and it was really good, especially in 3-D, and Blind Side was a pretty good movie too. Sherlock Holmes should have made the list, it was a good movie. Im betting Avatar wins

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back