WCW Region, Third Round, Metal Object On A Pole Match: (3) Bret Hart vs. (11) CM Punk

Who Wins This Match?

• Bret Hart

• CM Punk

Results are only viewable after voting.
Its gotta be punk.It is a extreme match.Punk's element is extreme.Look at both men's career,punk has had a better record than bret.If it was a submission match or just a wrestling match,bret would've gone over easy.This match more than just in ring skills.It won't be easy.But yet punk will edge out bret in it.

This is ridiculous.

I wanted to come in here & speak on how much I appreciated both men's careers, but after looking how close the vote is, I'm now dedicated on shitting on Punk.

This match is similar to the RVD/Jericho match: the stipulation is made to make you think the weaker person has a chance. But fact is, an object on a pole can't stop Bret from dismantling Punk.

Punk career highlights involve beating John Cena when the fans were BEGGING for a change and beating Jericho on his 2nd Enhancement tour. Are you serious? This is the guy thats supposed to beat the Hitman? I look at Hart's rivalries with Bam Bam & Jerry Lawler as better tv & better matches.

Punk is definitely the heel in this match, and the only meaningful win he has as a heel is over a 45+ Undertaker. I read all three of these pages looking for someone to convince me against Bret SOMEWHAT, and all have failed. Bret should not lose this early in the tournament to a man that has not proven himself as a draw yet.

Bret wins with the Sharpshoooter in a 20 minute match that you never thought he would lose in the 1st place.

This is ridiculous.

Your right this post is ridiculous.

I wanted to come in here & speak on how much I appreciated both men's careers, but after looking how close the vote is, I'm now dedicated on shitting on Punk.

Then do just that, both men are great in ring and have both had various great matches in the WWE, you and a couple of other people are taking this WAY to seriously to the point where you can't admit that in a HYPOTHETICAL match Punk may just get an upset.

This match is similar to the RVD/Jericho match: the stipulation is made to make you think the weaker person has a chance. But fact is, an object on a pole can't stop Bret from dismantling Punk.

Nobody is saying that the weaker man can win because the stipulation doesn't favor any person. The whole argument before was talking about how Punk would just be able to get the weapon faster.

Punk career highlights involve beating John Cena when the fans were BEGGING for a change and beating Jericho on his 2nd Enhancement tour. Are you serious? This is the guy thats supposed to beat the Hitman? I look at Hart's rivalries with Bam Bam & Jerry Lawler as better tv & better matches.

Are you really trying belittle Punk/Cena and Punk/Jericho matches? Besides that he's had even better matches in my mind with people such as Samoa Joe, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio and many others. It's impossible to compare the talent pool of WWE today to back then, so many incomparable differences.

Punk is definitely the heel in this match, and the only meaningful win he has as a heel is over a 45+ Undertaker. I read all three of these pages looking for someone to convince me against Bret SOMEWHAT, and all have failed. Bret should not lose this early in the tournament to a man that has not proven himself as a draw yet.

Who the heel is doesn't matter one bit.

Bret wins with the Sharpshoooter in a 20 minute match that you never thought he would lose in the 1st place.

I'm sure there is plenty of people who think he could lose, hence the reason the vote is so close,this is once again one of those match ups where since he is a big star in the current era he can't possibly hang with likes of someone from the old school.

I'm voting Punk not only because I do think he can beat Bret but because Bret's already won this tourney, and it's time for a change.

I voted Hart for a very simple reason. In regular matches, what part of the body did Hart tend to work on? The legs, for the sharpshooter. If the objective of the match is for you and your opponent to climb an obstacle to retrieve an object, I can only imagine Bret really going to town on Punk's legs. He's not beyond utilising the ring posts to apply extra pressure on the legs and using his knowledge to get malicious when he has to.

Would it be straight-forward? No. I can only see a Bret win here though.

The fact that this is so close upsets me. Punk's big thing is that he is a great wrestler, Hart beats him there and is stronger and more intelligent into the bargain. Hart takes this.

So Bret wins because he was the bigger star back in his day? Because he would wear the legs out and Punk couldnt climb?

Jesus.

Bret has less experience than Punk in a match that allows weapons. In fact, Punk has more wins than Bret let alone experience in matches that involve weapons. Flag on a pole does not equal metal object. Metal hurts more and Punk has used more than a flag pole to beat some of the best he has faced.

Hart would usually work the legs solidly after a while during the match. The spot involving the figure 4 on the post usually happened later in the match. This would be after Punk was able to climb the turnbuckle and get the object and Bret tried it to wear him down for the win. Punk will get put in the Sharpshooter after Bret works the legs, but what makes you think Punk cant get out of it? He has shown resiliant, in fact he showed this against Jericho (a Hart dungeon guy) in the Walls at Extreme Rules. Sharpshooter is a crossed legged crab. Fire extinguisher aside, he has broke the hold multiple times including at WM.

I love the Hitman. He is one of the reasons I fell in love with wrestling, but Punk is one of the reasons I continue to love it. Punk has proven to be a winner when weapons have been involved more often than Bret. That is an advantage. Punk also has a mean streak and has shown to be devious and tricky while Bret was too concerned with his image to play dirty during his prime.

After a long battle, Punk hits the Pepsi Plunge like I said before. 1, 2, 3.

Dear lord, this might be the worst post I've seen that is masquerading as intelligence.

This kid again...

Wrong. CM Punk is not quicker or more agile than Bret Hart, and Hart's matches with anyone fast can prove that. Easily. I can't actually think of a time I've ever been impressed with Punk's speed in the ring.

Yet you've been impressed by Hart's speed in the ring? Punk's in-ring speed has matched or bettered the likes of Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, John Morrison and Daniel Bryan, men quicker than Hart.

Slightly superior? Bret Hart is eons ahead of Punk in terms of wrestling ability. Punk has two really great matches in his entire career. Bret Hart has dozens. He also had way more ring psychology than Punk, and was much more technically gifted, probably because he was an amateur wrestler at one point. In fact, Stu Hart thought Bret had Olympic level talent. Now sure, Stu might be Bret's dad and being a little generous in his praise, but Stu Hart wasn't exactly the most cuddly guy in the world.

Hart is superior to Punk in literally EVERY way, INCLUDING on the mic.

:lmao:

Really?? I've lost count of how many fantastic promos Punk has had, he's also had one of the best of all-time with his worked shoot last year. Hart's mic skills are nowhere near that of Punk's. Hart's not done anything as good as Punk's promos with Cena, HHH, the SES, Jericho, Nash, Hardy or even Laurinitus.

Oh, and yes, TWO great matches in Punk's career? It's almost like you're just trolling. Also, slightly superior wrestling skills won't matter (as I've already said) when Punk has no plans on wrestling with him.

You're REALLY going to try to argue that Punk is smarter than Bret Hart, one of the most intelligent guys outside of the ring, and a guy whose in-ring knowledge is second to none?

Are you sure you didn't get hit in the head with a metal object from a pole?

:rolleyes:

Hart is slightly better and more intelligent than Punk in terms of 'rasslin. But otherwise, no, Punk is more intelligent kayfabe.

I don't even think CM Punk thinks he'd beat Bret Hart when both of them at their primes. Maybe I'll tweet him and ask him.

You do that.

Are you actually serious when you say Hart is better on the mic? That is ludicrous. You should tweet Hart and ask him if he would agree to that, because I'm 99% sure he wouldn't. Hart's in ring ability is what allowed everyone to look past his POOR mic skills. As far as pure wrestling ability I think that is a draw. So this match comes down to the first one to get to the weapon, which would be Punk because his speed is greater then Hart's. Hart is not nearly as quick on his feet as Punk, nor as agile. Now I'm not one of these delusional Punk marks that think he is the new Austin(He's not). But the rules of this match favor Punk by leaps and bounds.

Punk gets the weapon at about the 22minute mark, beats Hart with it for 4-5 mintues hits Hart with the GTS 1-2-3 Punk wins.

VOTE PUNK, ITS ONLY LOGICAL

Why is Punk winning this right now? No, seriously, why is Punk winning? I thought I was very nice and logical in my first post in this thread. I didn't want to insult the internet golden boy but the truth is CM Punk is not in Bret Hart's league. He's just not. I don't know where CM Punk got this reputation as some sort of high flying hardcore wrestler. I haven't seen that. He beat Chris Jericho in a street fight last week but the way some people are talking it's as if Punk is flying through the air and crashing through tables on a weekly basis. After six years in WWE I haven't noticed Punk as this great scientific, aerial, hardcore wrestler that everyone thinks he is. He's good but he's nowhere near as good as people think. Let's all be honest for a second. CM Punk is popular because he uses insider terms in his promos that only internet fans understand. The IWC just loves it when a wrestler references something that is discussed on their forums and uses terms used in their discussions. Punk referencing things that are not discussed in a kayfabe envrionment does not make him a master of the microphone.

I sound like I hate Punk but I don't. I enjoy watching him right now. I think he has the potential to get better too. I just don't see him at Bret Hart's level. He might have a better chance in the 2015 tournament but not now. Bret Hart was booked as a consistent winner and was better than CM Punk in EVERY way. The Punk supporters acknowledge Hart's technical ability but forget about his success in brawls against Diesel and Steve Austin. They think Punk is so much faster. I'm not sure that Punk is faster than Hart at all but even if he is it's not by much. Bret is more than capable of climbing the ropes to get the weapon. He's climbed plenty of steel cages with ease. Bret is the better wrestler, the better fighter, and the smarter competitor. He's just flat out better than Punk.

Are you actually serious when you say Hart is better on the mic? That is ludicrous. You should tweet Hart and ask him if he would agree to that, because I'm 99% sure he wouldn't. Hart's in ring ability is what allowed everyone to look past his POOR mic skills. As far as pure wrestling ability I think that is a draw. So this match comes down to the first one to get to the weapon, which would be Punk because his speed is greater then Hart's. Hart is not nearly as quick on his feet as Punk, nor as agile. Now I'm not one of these delusional Punk marks that think he is the new Austin(He's not). But the rules of this match favor Punk by leaps and bounds.

Punk gets the weapon at about the 22minute mark, beats Hart with it for 4-5 mintues hits Hart with the GTS 1-2-3 Punk wins.

VOTE PUNK, ITS ONLY LOGICAL

Honestly, what the fuck is speed going to have anything to do with who wins this match? It's not like they're going to have a race to see who gets it first. Hart doesn't have to leap buildings in a single bound to go get the damn object. All he has to do is climb to the top rope. That's so hard.

You have given me absolutely no reason as to why this favors Punk. Basically, it's just a regular match with the possibility of a weapon being used.

This kid again...

Yet you've been impressed by Hart's speed in the ring? Punk's in-ring speed has matched or bettered the likes of Rey Mysterio, Dolph Ziggler, Chris Jericho, John Morrison and Daniel Bryan, men quicker than Hart.

You must be smoking some good shit if you thought for a solitary second that Punk's in-ring speed has ever come close to Mysterio on his best day. Mysterio on his worst day is still faster than Punk. The rest of your poor examples have never been lightning quick. Besides, speed has nothing to do with this match and it's hilarious to see people still use this as a reason to vote Punk.

Really?? I've lost count of how many fantastic promos Punk has had, he's also had one of the best of all-time with his worked shoot last year. Hart's mic skills are nowhere near that of Punk's. Hart's not done anything as good as Punk's promos with Cena, HHH, the SES, Jericho, Nash, Hardy or even Laurinitus.

The only two Punk promos that most people can remember off the top of their head is his shoot promo and the one he cut at Night of Champions in 2009 (Reminder: He lost the world title that night.)

The only two Punk promos that most people can remember off the top of their head is his shoot promo and the one he cut at Night of Champions in 2009 (Reminder: He lost the world title that night.)

And how many Hitman promos do we remember? One maybe two, three if your die hard Hitman. Bret was sub-par on the mic at best.

You must be smoking some good shit if you thought for a solitary second that Punk's in-ring speed has ever come close to Mysterio on his best day. Mysterio on his worst day is still faster than Punk. The rest of your poor examples have never been lightning quick. Besides, speed has nothing to do with this match and it's hilarious to see people still use this as a reason to vote Punk.

Speed has nothing to do with this match? I've already stated why it does. Again, please read before posting. I didn't name those wrestlers because they're lightning quick, I named them because they're quicker than Hart whereas Punk has matched or bettered them for speed.

No. Most people remember more than just two of his promos, that's pretty damn obvious. Just stop being so fucking stupid, you won't get Hart through on his mic skills. In that respect, he's not in Punk's league and everyone knows it.

Vote Punk.

I think in a lot of ways this match comes down to memory.

If you were around for the Bret Hart days and you remember how good he really was, you know that he wins this match.

If you weren't around for the Bret Hart days, but you have been around for the CM Punk days, you know that Punk wins this match.

I think the only difference here in what is being said is that Bret is from yesteryear and Punk is Now, which is helping him tremendously. People who didn't live through the days of Bret Hart in the Hart Foundation and then on to being I.C., WWF World Champion, U.S. Champion in WCW, and WCW World Champion just don't have the memories to know differently. People see Punk now and think that just because Bret comes from a different era and predates Punk by quite a while, Punk must be better because he is newer and what is newer must be better, or so it seems.

Vote however you want, Bret Hart is the better man here and he would win this match. Punk might make it a tough match and even test Bret Hart in a lot of areas, but he would not beat The Best There Is, The Best There Was, and The Best There Ever Will Be.

Speed has nothing to do with this match? I've already stated why it does. Again, please read before posting. I didn't name those wrestlers because they're lightning quick, I named them because they're quicker than Hart whereas Punk has matched or bettered them for speed.

I read your post and the word "Bullshit" screamed out of me. You cannot tell me that Bret Hart is unable to climb to the fucking top rope. There isn't that much agility involved in it. If Show can fucking do it, then Hart can do it. I'll give you a scenario. Punk goes for a move near the ropes, Hart dumps his ass over the top rope, Hart climbs and gets the object. That can take 20-25 seconds at best.

No. Most people remember more than just two of his promos, that's pretty damn obvious. Just stop being so fucking stupid, you won't get Hart through on his mic skills. In that respect, he's not in Punk's league and everyone knows it.

Vote Punk.

Give me five promos of Punk that you think almost everybody on this forums would remember off the top of their head. If you do, then I'll tell you that mic skills are irrelevant in this tournament and why people continue to bring it up as a selling point is beyond me.

Your right this post is ridiculous.

1. Then do just that, both men are great in ring and have both had various great matches in the WWE, you and a couple of other people are taking this WAY to seriously to the point where you can't admit that in a HYPOTHETICAL match Punk may just get an upset.

2. Nobody is saying that the weaker man can win because the stipulation doesn't favor any person. The whole argument before was talking about how Punk would just be able to get the weapon faster.

3. Are you really trying belittle Punk/Cena and Punk/Jericho matches? Besides that he's had even better matches in my mind with people such as Samoa Joe, John Morrison, Rey Mysterio and many others. It's impossible to compare the talent pool of WWE today to back then, so many incomparable differences.

4. Who the heel is doesn't matter one bit.

5. I'm sure there is plenty of people who think he could lose, hence the reason the vote is so close,this is once again one of those match ups where since he is a big star in the current era he can't possibly hang with likes of someone from the old school.

6. I'm voting Punk not only because I do think he can beat Bret but because Bret's already won this tourney, and it's time for a change.

I never had anyone break down one of my comments line for line. Thanks Dynamite! My turn.

1. Hypothetically, Punk doesn't have a chance. Besides his two PPV matches with Cena, are there 5 matches that we'll remember CM Punk for? He had 2 recently with Jericho and.....1 with Ziggler? Punk is nice, but Bret career is filled with memorable matches & moments that you'll tell your kids about. So far, Punk biggest moments are sitting Indian Style with a Stone Cold shirt on & Moonwalking during a sobriety test, NEITHER happened during a match. That's the guy you want to vote for? You can have that.

2. My comments had nothing to do with the nonsense you guys were speaking earlier. Anytime I speak during this tourney, its about how I see the match, not in response to weak arguments. But you know what? I'll give you that, because it shouldn't matter anyway. This type of match, I see Bret focusing on his opponent while I see Punk focusing on the object to use on his opponent.

3. Yea, I did belittle those matches. They were fun matches, but I've seen better. And none of those Mysterio & Morrison(seriously, he's in this convo?) matches were better than his matches with Cena & Y2J. And if I'm shitting on those matches, what do you think I care of a JoMo match? Samoa Joe, I dig him. But if you hit a Pepsi Plunge in a desert, did you really plunge?

4. Yea it kinda does. Stipulation matches don't usually happen unless there's a build around it right? Look at extreme rules to help you figure that out. In his prime, Bret is face, Punk is just gettting there, so he'll play whatever role he's told. Since Punk is heel, I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU THE FACT THAT HE'LL GET THE OBJECT 1st. But he'll probably swing for the fences outside, hit the post, & Bret will take over from there.

5. Only reason this vote is close is because Punk has the belt & drops occasionally "Pipe Bombs" that fanboys juice for.

6. Well if you would've said you was voting with predujice from the beginning, that would've saved me a lot of time!

I'll tell you right now Hart's my favorite of all time(username should make it easy for you), but I know there's certain guys that should go over him. Punk is not one of them. Punk is a guy who catches your imagination with the mic, but doesn't always hold your attention during a match. Use either Wrestlemania or Extreme Rules as an example: both main events were with returning part timers, and the opportunity for match of the night was open for him to take. Who's walking away from either PPV thinking "CM Punk should me something new?" Lie to me if you can.

I read your post and the word "Bullshit" screamed out of me. You cannot tell me that Bret Hart is unable to climb to the fucking top rope. There isn't that much agility involved in it. If Show can fucking do it, then Hart can do it. I'll give you a scenario. Punk goes for a move near the ropes, Hart dumps his ass over the top rope, Hart climbs and gets the object. That can take 20-25 seconds at best.

Your excessive reading incapabilities are beginning to amuse me. When have I stated that Hart can't climb the top rope? What I said is that Punk would get there first. Also, when I said Punk has no plans on wrestling with Hart, it obviously includes no use of moves near the ropes.

Give me five promos of Punk that you think almost everybody on this forums would remember off the top of their head. If you do, then I'll tell you that mic skills are irrelevant in this tournament and why people continue to bring it up as a selling point is beyond me.

27/6/11 - Shoot.
13/6/11 - Austin interaction.
16/1/12 - Humiliates Laurinitus.
8/8/11 - Summerslam contract signing.
30/8/11 - Night Of Champions contract signing.

Vote Punk.

Well, I said two, but I challenge you to do the same for Hart and I'll tell you the same. Face it Hart was more then sub-par on the mic and if this was about the build to a match Punk would bury him, but its not its about the match.

I think in a lot of ways this match comes down to memory.

If you were around for the Bret Hart days and you remember how good he really was, you know that he wins this match.

If you weren't around for the Bret Hart days, but you have been around for the CM Punk days, you know that Punk wins this match.

This is a little unfair in the sense that I don't think Punk has peaked yet, but as I've already said this match is pretty much a push all the way down making it come down to the object, which Punk would acquire first.

I think most of us making the argument were around for Bret's day which is why we can remember his short comings. Just because it happened in the attitude era doesn't automatically make it better. Nobody is taking away from Bret, but this match favors Punk.

VOTE PUNK

Three pages and I still haven't the slightest clue as to why this favors Punk and no one has given me a great reason why. Like I've said before, basically this match is a regular match with the chance of a weapon being used. Bret Hart has been in matches where weapons have been used so this isn't new to him. Hart would be smart enough to let Punk get the weapon first and yank him off the top rope. Hart grabs the weapon and takes out Punk's leg for the Sharpshooter. I'm sure I've seen Hart go to the top rope before so that agility shit doesn't fly with me. I'm going with the better wrestler and that is Hart.

Wow, I haven't seen so much smark garbage in a long time.

Fuck kayfabe, seeing Bret definitely wins there as well. Bret's better, and more memorable than Punk. Punk plays second in line to Cena, while Bret Hart took over for Hulk Hogan. That's right - Hulk fucking Hogan. No one was going to make that work without losing fans, and we all know it.

I feel like I'm reading a lot of this:

Well, Bret's a legend and everything, but....

Translation - I haven't the slightest clue who Bret Hart is. But I luvs me some shooty shoooot Shoots!

CM Punk going over Bret Hart would be a fucking travesty. It's wrong. Maybe ten years from now we'll all be singing a different song, but for now, it's Bret.

CM Punk is better on the mic than Bret Hart. That is about all that he is better at than Bret and that will not affect the result in the least. Bret may not be a gret a draw, but neither is Punk. The guy is mostly in the opening or mid-hour segment of RAW and has not main-evented the past 4 PPVs (during all of which he has been the WWE champion). Bret Hart is better and quicker in the ring that Punk and could use the weapon to his advantage.

Winner: Bret Hart

CM Punk going over Bret Hart would be a fucking travesty. It's wrong. Maybe ten years from now we'll all be singing a different song, but for now, it's Bret.

No, RVD going over Harley Race is a fucking travesty. Punk going over Hart is justified recognition of Punk's superiority in this match.

Three pages and I still haven't the slightest clue as to why this favors Punk and no one has given me a great reason why. Like I've said before, basically this match is a regular match with the chance of a weapon being used. Bret Hart has been in matches where weapons have been used so this isn't new to him. Hart would be smart enough to let Punk get the weapon first and yank him off the top rope. Hart grabs the weapon and takes out Punk's leg for the Sharpshooter. I'm sure I've seen Hart go to the top rope before so that agility shit doesn't fly with me. I'm going with the better wrestler and that is Hart.

Good to see you've ditched your hopeless attempt at arguing Hart's mic skills over Punk's.

Punk's also been in matches where weapons have been used, actually, didn't an emotionally unstable CM Punk just defeat Hart's fellow Dungeon graduate Chris Jericho in a street fight? Oh yes, that's right, he did. Also, if Punk gets the weapon first and Hart gets anywhere near him, like you just admitted, he'll take a hit from the weapon, Punk's got great awareness and wouldn't get yanked off the top rope. This is obvious. Punk keeps hitting until Hart's in a bloody mess (Hart's technical wrestling skill won't be helpful AT ALL here, something people keep forgetting) and Punk finishes him off with a GTS for the pinfall. Punk wins.

Vote Punk.

This is indeed a travesty. Hart is vastly superior to Punk and would simply take him apart physically. I don't even like Hart but I can at least recognise him as better than Punk, who I consider flavour of the month mainly due to his mic work. He's beaten far better and would win this without a shadow of doubt.

1. Hypothetically, Punk doesn't have a chance. Besides his two PPV matches with Cena, are there 5 matches that we'll remember CM Punk for? He had 2 recently with Jericho and.....1 with Ziggler? Punk is nice, but Bret career is filled with memorable matches & moments that you'll tell your kids about. So far, Punk biggest moments are sitting Indian Style with a Stone Cold shirt on & Moonwalking during a sobriety test, NEITHER happened during a match. That's the guy you want to vote for? You can have that.

Hypothetically, how would even know that? And once again the reason I'm voting for Punk because regardless of how many moments you think he has now, he will only have more compared to Bret who really only was entertaining in the ring. Don't even try to dispute that he is better on the mic than Punk.

2. My comments had nothing to do with the nonsense you guys were speaking earlier. Anytime I speak during this tourney, its about how I see the match, not in response to weak arguments. But you know what? I'll give you that, because it shouldn't matter anyway. This type of match, I see Bret focusing on his opponent while I see Punk focusing on the object to use on his opponent.

Both our previous comments cancel this argument out.

3. Yea, I did belittle those matches. They were fun matches, but I've seen better. And none of those Mysterio & Morrison(seriously, he's in this convo?) matches were better than his matches with Cena & Y2J. And if I'm shitting on those matches, what do you think I care of a JoMo match? Samoa Joe, I dig him. But if you hit a Pepsi Plunge in a desert, did you really plunge?

Now come on, this is flat out stupid. Regardless of what you think of JoMo he was a great in ring talent and his matches with Punk were also great. One's with Mysterio were also great and Samoa Joe's matches were damn near amazing. Not to mention all the others he's had that I can't even remember. Once again your giving no real reason why those matches were bad, your just going off the fact you like Bret's better.

4. Yea it kinda does. Stipulation matches don't usually happen unless there's a build around it right? Look at extreme rules to help you figure that out. In his prime, Bret is face, Punk is just gettting there, so he'll play whatever role he's told. Since Punk is heel, I'LL EVEN GIVE YOU THE FACT THAT HE'LL GET THE OBJECT 1st. But he'll probably swing for the fences outside, hit the post, & Bret will take over from there.

Like I said once again it doesn't matter. If he was heel it give him the advantage even more because Punk doesn't need to play to crowd he can use whatever cheap victory to win.

5. Only reason this vote is close is because Punk has the belt & drops occasionally "Pipe Bombs" that fanboys juice for.

Technically everybody in this argument is a fanboy for either Punk or Hart, once again invalid.

6. Well if you would've said you was voting with predujice from the beginning, that would've saved me a lot of time!

Like you didn't come into this match already behind Bret.

I'll tell you right now Hart's my favorite of all time(username should make it easy for you), but I know there's certain guys that should go over him. Punk is not one of them. Punk is a guy who catches your imagination with the mic, but doesn't always hold your attention during a match. Use either Wrestlemania or Extreme Rules as an example: both main events were with returning part timers, and the opportunity for match of the night was open for him to take. Who's walking away from either PPV thinking "CM Punk should me something new?" Lie to me if you can.

In a time in which people hate the current product and love to complain, fans like you look for any reason to bring back old timers (such as HHH/Taker/Rock/Brock) because they hate the new guys. And while that's great and all you don't seem to realize without giving new guys a chance like most are doing now you'll never see how good they really are. Punk/Jericho never had a chance of stealing the show with Rock/Cena and HHH/Taker on the card.

Hart is far superior to Punk in the ring. However I do have a different stance on this to most people. For all the years I witnessed Bret Hart in wrestling, I remember him using a weapon one specific and very memorable occasion, to knock Undertaker on his arse with a chair shot after getting hocked on by HBK. Bret Hart was in the WWE a long long time.

From the 5 or so years Punk has been in the WWE, and for the fewer of those that I've actually been watching him, I can remember quite a few occasions where he took out his frustrations with an object of some kind.

For all the time Bret Hart was on top and in his prime, he was as clean a face as Hogan was, which was probably the '94-'96 years. That means, just like Hogan, he rarely ever used weapons, he tried to abstain unless it was necessary the same way a superhero abstains from completely obliterating the villains even when they have the upper hand. That's right guys and gals, I see this stipulation favouring Punk.

I think in a one on one match, Bret has Punk up and down the aisle, all day every day and twice on Sundays. But with the chance of using a metal weapon, and the looming inevitability in Punk's mind that he probably wont win if he doesn't manage to grab that object, it really evens things for him in my perspective. Punk doesn't have the same issue as Hart, he's a tweener like face and would have no issue using a weapon to do away with an adversary if fully sanctioned, we've only to go back 8 days to see just what Punk can and is prepared to do if the opportunity for using more than just his body to cleave opponents is offered.

So that's my stance. There's no guarantee that Punk will be able to grab the weapon, and if it did happen it'd probably be deep into the match when Punk was beginning to get desperate after early on signing a silent pact with the Hitman that neither would use the object. If he did happen to get the chance though, I see him as the more aggressive, the more conniving and all round dastardly competitor and I can see him bashing the best there ever is, was and will be to smithereens to make sure he gets the victory.

I'm not decided yet though. I just thought it would be interesting to offer up my honest thoughts on the gimmicks reflection upon the match. I may decide that Hart is simply too much a physical challenge, that even if Punk reached the point of desperation where he attempts to attain the outcome-deciding object, he simply wouldn't be able to, but as yet I am undecided.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back