WWE Region, Third Round, Metal Object On A Pole Match: (2)Bret Hart vs.(7)Randy Orton

Who wins this match?

• Bret Hart

• Randy Orton

Results are only viewable after voting.
Bret Hart is better than Randy Orton in every way imaginable. This shouldn't even be close. From 1991 until Bret's retirement, he was always incredibly difficult to beat and lost clean only a handful of times. Orton gets beat regularly, often clean, and against far worse competition than Bret. Bret Hart was a master strategist and outsmarted far tougher opponents than Randy Orton. Orton is simply not good enough to beat Bret in this match.

I'll make this short

Orton is essentially a crappier version of Austin

Hart beats Austin at Wrestlemania 13
Hart beats Austin at Final Four
Hart eliminates Austin from the 97 Rumble
Hart beats Austin Survivor Series 96
Austin beats Hart never.

Orton is outclassed and would be dismantled. Anyone who says otherwise either isn't old enough to remember that far back or they've got a rose-tinted view of the present.

What? Orton is nothing like Austin. Austin was a beer guzzling red neck who kicked ass and asked questions later. Orton is a psycho that can snap at a moments notice. The only similarity they have is that they both use snakes as their nick names and that they both kick a lot of ass. This might be the worst argument I've ever heard as long as I've been on these forums.

Bret loses because the young star always got over on Bret. Diesel, Sid, Taker, Shawn, Owen, Bulldog etc. Bret was a great wrestler but dominant is hardly the word I would use to describe him

From 1991 until Bret's retirement, he was always incredibly difficult to beat and lost clean only a handful of times. Orton gets beat regularly, often clean, and against far worse competition than Bret. Bret Hart was a master strategist and outsmarted far tougher opponents than Randy Orton. Orton is simply not good enough to beat Bret in this match.

Okkk one last post because there is a lot I object to here. I don't really give a shit who wins as I prefer Hart, but I'm standing by Orton to go through here.

Of course Bret was difficult to beat - he was the number one face of the federation. Name one top face that ISN'T hard to beat. That'd be shitty booking. Orton has worked heel predominantly and was mostly booked against huge babyfaces such as Cena, Angle, Undertaker, HHH etc. Sure he lost a ton, he's a fucking heel what you expect. He has wins over them all though, some clean.

Far worse competition than Bret makes me laugh a lot. You are incredibly misguided here, I don't think ANYONE could make an argument that the roster Orton is competing in is weaker than the mid 90s.

I've talked a lot about a few things that undermine Bret's perception as the undisputed Ace of the WWF in the mid-90s - mostly that his combined time with the title isn't that much more than Diesel, Yokozuna and Shawn. I've also mentioned he wasn't booked in big matches on PPV as often as Orton has been in a tougher roster. I havn't really mentioned what happens to Hart when he doesn't have the title belt - I've been working my way through WWF from 1985 to 2002 and have got to 1995. It's incredible how underutilised Bret has been this year. Let me elaborate.

Royal Rumble 1995 - has a title match with Diesel. It was dusty as fuck, with Diesel seemingly having the match won clean with the powerbomb before HBK interfered to keep the match going. Hart then gets the Sharpshooter and appears to have it won before Owen breaks THAT up. The match continues, before heels swarm the ring and it's announced as a draw. Slight kayfabe edge to Diesel there as he becomes the top face of the WWF (he's often referred to as "the leader of the new generation" during this time.

What happens then to Bret? Well, he tumbles down the card for 10 months. Works midcard with Backlund at Wrestlemania, then goes into a feud with an old, commentating Jerry Lawler for a few months including wrestling him at In Your House 1 and King of the Ring. At the next In Your House he's in a FUCKING DARK MATCH with Jean-Pierre Lafitte (who is absolutely incredible, check him out. Quebecers 4 lyf). Tell me one time Orton worked a dark match. on PPV. Next up its Summerslam where he gets the debut of Isaac Yankem DDS. In Your House 3 its Jean Pierre Lafitte again, this time it made PPV omg! (insanely great match btw). In your House 4 next, back to the dark matches in a rematch against Isaac Yankem. Finally at Survivor Series he does something relevant and takes the strap back off Diesel ready to drop it to Shawn in 4 months.

1995 is smack in the middle of Bret Hart's prime, and he spent the entire year feuding with JPL, Isaac Yankem, a 45yo Jerry Lawler and a 45yo Bob Backlund.

It's not a travesty if Bret wins, but people overhype him a lot. He's an incredible professional wrestler so I guess that makes sense, I love him too.

I'll make this short

Orton is essentially a crappier version of Austin

Hart beats Austin at Wrestlemania 13
Hart beats Austin at Final Four
Hart eliminates Austin from the 97 Rumble
Hart beats Austin Survivor Series 96
Austin beats Hart never.

Orton is outclassed and would be dismantled. Anyone who says otherwise either isn't old enough to remember that far back or they've got a rose-tinted view of the present.

I voted for Bret and the quote above is basically my thoughts exactly. Orton is Austin light and Hart owned Austin. Even in there gimmick "I Quit" match, Hart showed that he could be hardcore and still come away victorious.

My vote here goes to Bret Hart.

I can't imagine Orton ever beating him especially in his prime, as Orton has made a career of facing guys past their prime who were only there to get him over which is how he got the name "Legend Killer." I see this match being more about the names and not about getting the other guy over, and Bret's name is just so much better in my opinion.

Bret's one of the smartest wrestlers there's ever been and I think he'd always be a step ahead of Orton in this match and have a counter for Orton's repetitive move set i.e. throwing Orton over the top rope after Orton attempts his cocky stalled DDT off the ropes and going in horizontally when Orton attempts his vertical slam. Even if Orton gets off an RKO, I picture Bret positioning himself to a point where he's near the ropes.

When Orton attempts to go for the weapon, I see Bret being down in the corner and grabbing Orton by the trunks and throwing him into an exposed turnbuckle.

Gotta give it to Hart. Big fan of both these guys, but Hart is a more savvy competitor that could find more ways to win. Don't let Orton's inflated numbers fool you. He would never be given the reins of a company, and couldn't handle it if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back