WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, First Round: (9) Ricky Steamboat vs. (24) Essa Rios

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ricky Steamboat

• Essa Rios

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp-arena-feb-101.jpg

ricky-steamboat.png

#9. Ricky Steamboat

Vs.

essa-rios.jpg

#24. Essa Rios

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Essa Rios was the youngest ever singles champion in the WWE. He was capable of having great matches, and when he got his chance he took it. The longest singles champion reign of any title since the 80s was ended by Essa Rios.

Steamboat got his chance, but ultimately left immediately afterwards. I'm a firm believer in seize the day, something Rios did and Steamboat didn't. Rios wins.

Why is Essa Rios in this tournament?

That statement alone should tell you who I'm voting for.

The man who beat Savage in his prime, Flair in his prime, and Austin when he was US champion in WCW.

Vote Steamboat.

Great trolling. Love it. I'm smiling. Now I'm laughing hahahaha.

Steamboat was amazing. It was something else watching his matches as they just fly by. Sure he was never THE guy and shit but for a guy to be a top face throughout his career and work in the upper mid during, great.

Essa Rios is in the tournament. Ha ha ha, I get it. Actually I don't but whatever. The guys that got Rios and Richards into the tournament had their fun but it's time for reality to set in. In the reality of a tournament that brings people back from the dead and pairs people that wrestled nearly 100 years apart against each other Essa Rios loses to Ricky Steamboat. I could mention Steamboat's classic matches, world, US, and IC title reigns, and how he's considered one of the all time great in ring wrestlers but why bother? I could also tell you water is wet and fire is hot. Some things are just obvious.

I thought maybe there was another Essa Rios that I was not familiar with. How did he get into this tournament? Steamboat has had some of the classic matches in wrestling history. I think Steamboat would easily win this one moving to the second round.

Let me tell you why I voted Essa Rios.

lita.jpg

See that. That's Lita. Lita has fucked more wrestlers than Paul Heyman. Have you read the ECW book? Heyman bounced checks like Jordan bounced balls. Speaking of balls, Lita got around. She spread around STDs like wildfire. Her impact on the wrestling business due to those STDs is legendary. Without Rios, there would likely be no Lita.

Steamboat was never more than a second banana. A banana that Lita would have likely tried to straddle and ride off into the night with.

Vote Rios.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back