WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, Second Round: (1) Steve Austin vs. (16) Batista

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Steve Austin

• Batista

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp-arena-feb-101.jpg

Stone-Cold-Steve-Austin-99.jpg

#1. Steve Austin

Vs.

20080519112242!Batista.jpg

#16. Batista

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Austin wins this easily. Batista was the exact kind of wrestler Austin beat on a regular basis during the Attitude Era. And there's no comparison in impact on the wrestling industry, drawing power, and title reigns.

Thankfully, Big Overrated Dave goes home here and Austin drinks more beer.

I have no doubt Austin goes over Batista in this, or any other, situation. That's not saying Austin wouldn't take a beating, because he would.

However, Austin has survived the best of the best, and while Batista is as tough as any of them, Austin almost always went over.

I try to keep this as far into the fictional realm of pro wrestling as possible, but I have to say this as well - Austin is just flat out better than Batista. It isn't even close. I'm sure Big Dave ends up with a few votes courtesy of the Attitude Era haters, but he shouldn't. Austin is in another league, one Batista isn't good enough to be in.

Austin is just too good, to big of a draw, and has had way to much impact on the business to lose to Batista. Batista had his time on top, but not enough to beat Austin. Austin should get every vote in this.

Even in his prime from 2004-2010, Dave Batista would never hold a candle to "Stone Cold" Steve Austin.

Austin got to be the #1 draw for the Attitude Era from 1998-99, and even though SCSA's run as #1 face was short-lived thanks to his broken neck from SummerSlam '97, he was too popular for the WWF.

Batista, on the other hand, had to jockey with John Cena for the #1 face of the WWE and also because of the Brand Extension Era, a typical Ruthless Aggression Era fanboy expected The Animal to contend for the WHC on SmackDown! starting in '05, but became injury-prone from that point on. Even if he wasn't injured, Batista wouldn't stand a chance against Austin.

If there's any comparison as to who is the better wrestler between Batista or "Stone Cold" Steve Austin based on their respective wrestling credentials.....

.....then by all accounts please vote for Stone Cold Steve Austin! If y'all do vote for SCSA, then he'll probably give you a Steve-Weiser to celebrate once this poll's over.

:) :) :)

Batista is good, and in his prime he was very good. He was certainly a worthly choice to beat Triple H for the World Title at Wrestlemania and I have no problem with him being booked as one of the top guys for the rest of his WWE career. He has the look of a champion, great power and I loved his run as a heel.

But you just cant believe he would go over Austin in the 2nd round of a tournament. Stone Cold is up there with the likes of Hulk Hogan when it comes to icons of the sport and in his prime he very, very rarely lost. He'd overcome the odds each and every time, and Batista is just another obstacle that Austin would find a way to get through. It wouldn't be easy, but this would end with Batista flat on his back and Austin on the turnbuckles enjoying yet another beer bash!

Batista is good. Austin is better. Austin beat every single big name in an era where the big names were bigger than they were in Batista's. Austin is arguably the most important wrestler ever, Batista is arguably the second most important wrestler of 2005. There's really no comparison.

Austin is the man and saved the WWF. Batista couldn't even be the guy when WWE clearly planned for him to be the guy. Stunners and beers for everyone!

Despite the eventual blowout in the poll this would be a tough match for Austin. A tough match but one Austin would win. He is one of the biggest stars in wrestling history and he's clearly a level above Batista. Good fight. Austin wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back