WCW Region, Lexington Subregion, First Round: (8) Mil Mascaras vs. (25) Buddy Rogers

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Mil Mascaras

• Buddy Rogers

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the WCW Region, Lexington Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under WCW Rules. It will be held at Rupp Arena in Lexington, Kentucky.

rupp-arena-feb-101.jpg

Mil%20Mascaras.jpg

#8. Mil Mascaras

Vs.

300_135022.jpg

#25. Buddy Rogers

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Mil Mascaras used to come to America and beat the World Champion. He did it to Eddie Graham, he did it to Harley Race. Both Graham and Race are a league above Rodgers, a man who is the epitome of right place right time to be the first WWWF champion. Mascaras has more longevity and a better recognition value so he simply must go over here.

What do most of you know Buddy Rogers for? He was the first WWE champion. Pretty impressive. Did you know his only reign lasted 22 days and he lost the title to Bruno Sammartino in less than one minute. Less impressive now. I don't want to sell him short because Rogers was great before getting the WWWF title. I just think people know him as the first champion and think he must have been a WWE legend. I'm going with what Tasty said. Mil Mascaras was a true legend in Mexico and was someone that was able to have success when he traveled to the states. He goes over Rogers and moves on to round two.

I am one that really only knows Buddy Rogers because of him being the first WWF champion, but I did know the reign was very short. Mil Mascaras is a Mexican legend that traveled very well. Giving Mascaras the nod simply for his greater success.

I hate Mil Mascaras a lot, but I concur this is the type of match he'd win. You can make a case for Rogers certainly. I don't think he compares that poorly to Dory Funk Jr, for example, who beat him a couple of times. When you are trying to find out examples with an NWA champion beating him though, amidst a TON of him beating huge names, you know you are clutching.

I loathe him and can't wait for him to exit the tournament, but I do think he'd be too much for Naitch here. I guess it's on Stone Cold to stop him, he'll be far too much for Steamboat too I expect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back