Was the Fall of 2010 the worst period in WWE history?

Toothlessagression1980

Occasional Pre-Show
2010 was an awful year no doubt but particularly in the fall of that year just nothing good was happening.

The nexus and Cena feud kept dragging on and the nexus were already dead by that point.

The miz was about ready to become wwe champion (oh gods sake)

That brutal brutal and awful kane and edge feud.

Orton and Barrett were stinking it up in main events on ppv.

Super Cena joining the nexus because you know they had to make it all about him of course.

Raw was absolutely abysmal with guest hosts like Pee wee Herman,

Yes 2010 was absolutely awful in fact it was so bad I don’t remember half of what you mentioned. I remember the initial excitement of the Nexus and how quickly that got killed. What I hated so much was the entire era of chest hosts that was just awful and Zack Ryder getting himself over only for WWE to bury him. I’ve been watching since 1992 and I would say 1995 was bad but the era the early 2010’s was the worst by far. Even Edge and Jericho, and other Stars went on record saying Cena should have put Barrett over

I've been watching wrestling for 30 years.

On it's own, pre-Attitude "New Generation" WWF was the worst period in company history. When you compare it to what ECW was doing at the same time athletically, creatively, storyline-wise, et. al. it makes that period of time appear even worse.

I'll see your remarks about 2010 and raise you...

T.L. Hopper
Henry O. Godwinn and Phineas I. Godwin (HOG and PIG... get it?)
King Mabel main eventing PPV's opposite Diesel
Thurman "Sparky" Plugg near the upper mid-card
… and essentially every wrestler having a "second job."

I could go on, but I'd like to keep having a good day so I won't :)

Last edited:
Just to add on the previous post. 1995 gave us Diesel vs Sid as a feud followed by Mabel winning the king of the ring and going on to face Diesel in the summerslam main event that year before starting a feud with the undertaker.

You got the worst rumble match in history with the reduce time and the fact that outside of micheals and bulldog, nobody in that match was a star a believable as a challenger for Diesel. Wrestlemania 11 was based around Bam bam bigelow and Lawrence Taylor, plus that god awful i quit match between bret hart and bob backlund, undertaker vs king kong bundy was on that card as well.

I was a big fan of those cartoon type characters but even i thought that they were scrapping the bottom of the barrel at that point.

So 2010 might be the worst year for some people that didn't experience through the lean years of wwe during the mid 90's but for me, i actually agree with the previous post that 1995 was way worst then 2010 ever was

Summer into fall of 2010 was the worst period for me. The Nexus storyline just obliterated my interest in wrestling. Seeing Wade Barrett consistently main event PPVs was so insulting to my intelligence that I couldn't stand to watch WWE anymore, and didn't watch from that point until about the 2012 Royal Rumble. Afterwards I went back and watched most of what I missed, and literally the only good things in WWE during that entire time were CM Punk and The Miz. Even 1995 was better in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back