2010 was the year when........

leemurf

Suck It!!!!
hello wrestlezone people
2010 was a eventful year we saw hbk retire, batista "quit", jericho took a hiatus, hh and taker were injured most of the year, nexus debuted, miz won the wwe title,new superstars got pushed and more
so i though id make a thread were you have to say 2010 was the year when....then finish it
now most of you would say 2010 was the year when hbk retired or 2010 was the year when the miz won the title, so could you try not say that or if you do give another just to make it more interesting and less repetitive

ill get the ball rolling:
2010 was the year when most of us realised the undertaker is nearing the end of his career, he was around for Wmania season and took a hiatus and then came back for an aweful fued with kane where he only wrestled during ppvs and maybe some smackdowns and then got injured again and might miss this years mania so it made me realize that his body is basically glass and the slightest mistake will make it break so he'll be hanging up the boots soon.

anyway now its your turn 2010 was the year when........

2010 was the year when everyone realized how Awesome The Miz is. He has improved so much and tag teaming with the Big Show actually helped him somewhat. It let him feud with Bret "The Hitman" Hart. Sure it wasn't for long but it got him more heat from the fans. He improved on his promos and in ring work. He has had some good matches this year and everybody has realized his potential. He works hard in and out of the ring.

2010 was the year that showcased the Stars of the Future.
Daniel Bryan (Pure skill)
Wade Barrett (Leading Nexus, beating Cena)
Dolph Ziggler (Great matches)
The Miz (WWE Title)
Sheamus (King)
John Morrison (Future WWE Champ)
'Dashing' Cody Rhodes (Future Champ)

These are just some of the guys, who in the future, will possibly be carrying the WWE.

2010 was the year that showed us who the future of the wwe is going to be.
sheamus winning king of ring and wwe title twice
morrisonn finally getting pused
ziggler showing he can hang with the big boys
daniel bryan showing he can hang with the wwe
and of course shwoing who is the future of the wwe in the miz winning the wwe title

2010 was the year when Vince Mcmahon finally realized the value of CM Punk. He carried Smackdown when they needed it the most...when Edge and Jericho came to Raw. Swagger wasn't what they had expected, Kane was months away from his push, Mysterio was a hot face, but Rey isn't great on the mic, nor was the Big show, the brands "top" face.

The Straight-Edge Society segments were 20-25 minutes a pop. A quarter of the show was carried by CM Punk. He began a feud with Mysterio, in which he was the consummate bully, until Rey-Rey embarrassed him and forced him to cut his hair. I was worried when the SES started losing steam, and even moreso when he was drafted to Raw. And then he got hurt.

But something amazing happened. Vince gave him a shot behind the desk, to which he was a natural. And amazing. He clearly found himself back in the good graces of the boss, as with the turn of the new year he was placed as a center piece of 2010's hottest gimmick, the nexus, and has a high profile feud with Cena, that could see him end up in Title action at Mania.

2010 is the year that made me want to get excited about the main event again, because with the injuries to HHH and Undertaker (out for majority of the year in both cases) and the quitting/retiring/hiatus of Batista/HBK/Jericho, it allows different guys from the Midcard like The Miz, Sheamus, Morrison to shine and get some sort of a push.

2010 was the year I fell back in love with wrestling through the eyes of my 4 year old son!

He loves wrestling now and watching it with him through his eyes brings back all the excitement and joy it brought me watching it as a kid. We both cheer along for John Cena and boo all the heels (even though I secretly like some of them more), and we both hate Randy Orton together!

2011 will be the banner year for me in wrestling to remember forever though because it will be the year that for the first time ever I get to go to Wrestlemania!!!

2010 was the year TNA completely dropped the ball and accepted mediocrity

I agree with this too but I mean really with everything that fell through for them what could they do.

Failed at the rebirth of the MNW and had to go back to Thursday.
Failed to get the man they really wanted Paul Heyman and got stuck with Bischoff and Hogan for better or worse.
Failed with the ECW revival mostly again because of the lack of getting Paul Heyman.
Hogan needing constant bak surgery killed most of the angle that would supposed to be their launching pad to the future on 10-10-10.

So they had to work with what they had and just make the best of it and mediocre was the best they could do.

2010 was a year when the WWE moulded into a different show.

I was watching Wrestlemania 26 tonight and realised something. The top people on the card are nearly all gone. Batista. Shawn Michaels. Chris Jericho. The Undertaker is to leave soon. Vince Mcmahon will probably never wrestle again. Same with Bret Hart. So that leaves Cena and Edge.

michael Cole became a totally different character. In early 2010 he was nothing but a commentator. Now he is a heel loud mouth who cheers Miz etc.

Miz. Barrett. Sheamus. These names have all been pulled into the main event in 2010. CM Punk's talent is being used now to. Dolph ziggler and Daniel Bryan have had amazing runs with their championships. Cena has not been a world champion for 6 months.

Raw now is really different than it was at the start. It is more exciting and entertaining IMO. I expect a good year for WWE in 2011.

That Heyman thing was likely just some journalist's - and I use the term loosely - fanwank. "Oooh, Heyman wants to come in and use all the talent properly. Also, he has designs on solving world hunger and curing cancer! Why didn't anyone think of that before?"

I like Heyman as much as the next man but that brief episode was just ******ed.

For me, 2010 was about two things - Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. The rest was largely take it or leave it.

2010 WAR A YEAR WHEN.... THE"YOUTH MOVEMENT" IN WWE BECAME REAL.ALOT OF PEOPLE CAN SAY 2010 WAS THE YEAR OF NEXUS,WELL I CAN AGREE ON THAT, BUT WHAT IS NEXUS.TO ME THEY ARE THE POSTERCHILD STABLE OF THE YOUTH MOVEMENT.THE YOUTH MOVEMENT IS IN FULL AFFECT & WE ARE JUST SEEING THE START.THERE WILL BE HEEL/FACE CHANGES.WITH NEW STARS BRINGS NEW,NEVER DONE BEFORE FUEDS...PERSONALLY I AM EXCITED FOR WHAT THESE YOUNGSTERS WILL BRING TO WWE IN THE FUTURE,ESPICIALY THE NEXT 2 YEARS..FOR ALL WE KNOW
CM PUNK/ALEX RILEY OR JUSTIN GABRIEL/DANIEL BRYAN COULD BE EPIC FUEDS.NO MORE CENA/HHH OR UNDERTAKER/KANE OR ORTON/CENA FUEDS CONSTANTLY IN THE MAIN EVENT.I DONT WISH INJURIES ON NOBODY, BUT IMAGINE HOW GOOD THE MAIN EVENT WOULD BE FOR WWE IF CENA GETS INJURED FOR AN EXTENDED TIME, SAY 6-8 MONTHS.THE MAIN EVENT COULD GET REAL EXCITING!!! SO ALL IN ALL 2010 TO ME WILL BE THE YEAR WWE GAVE US A PREVIEW FOR ITS FUTUR,& I MUST SAY I LIKE WHAT I SEE...DAMN IF VINCE WOULD DITCH THE PG..JUST IMAGINE THE YOUNGSTERS IN WHAT THEY COULD DO WITH SOME ATTITUDE ERA TYPE FUEDS & WRITING..IM SO EXCITED I COULD GO ON FOREVER....ANYWAYS I SAY HHH SHOULD DO EVELOUTION 2.0..
HHH IN FLAIRS OLD ROLE, DREW McIntyre IN HHH OLD ROLE, & MASON RYAN IN BATISTAS OLD ROLE,MIKE McGILLUCUTTY(needs name change bad) AS ORTONS OLD ROLE,AND SETH ROLLINS(should go back to tyler black,or also name change)in his own role..GOD THAT WOULD BE GREAT

2010 was the year of Matt Hardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously though 2010 was the year TNA tried to take it to WWE, failing and trying to do well as second best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back