Top wwe moment of 2010:

danny_the_legend_killer

Occasional Pre-Show
2010 brought us many moments some of them were good, (cena fired), some were terrible, (Hornswoggle vs Soaring Eagle), some were emotional, (shawn michaels retirement), and some were just awesome, (miz's wwe title win), and some left us in total shock, (nexus first attack on raw), and some just took our breath away, ( randy orton RKO on Evan Bourne).

My question to you is what was the best moment of 2010 in the wwe, which moment above all else will you remember most when you think about wwe in 2010?

The miz cashing in. This was a great moment in WWE. It was obvious yet i was still so glad that it happened. Also Swaggers world title reign and Kane getting to hold a world title for a decent amount of time which he did with perfection.

The nexus invasion was also a highlight,

Even though I'm happy with Miz as champ, I thought the timing of his cash in was predictable. I gotta say the top moment for me was the return of Bret Hart. For anyone that was a fan back when the screwjob happened, after seeing how that went down, and then Owen's death, I would've bet anything we never saw him in WWE again.

Nexus might have been a surprise but Bret was a SHOCK, even after they announced it, even when his music hit, until I actually saw him walk down that ramp I just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I will always remember that moment, for me that was one of the highlights of the decade not just 2010.

I loved all those great moments too, but with all due respect to everyone's opinion, you can argue that the Greatest Moment of 2010 wasnt Bret Hart and Shawn Michaels hugging each other in the middle of the ring after making peace after a 13 year old incident of tension and what-ifs. It was something with a long history, intense REAL LIFE drama and some thought we'd never see the day, it honestly trumps everything else and you all know it

The first great moment of this year is THE Greatest Moment of the Year

I don't know how you can say anything other than the debut of Nexus. It was unexpected, perfectly executed and started a storyline that lasted more than one or two PPVs, which is quite a feat in this day and age. Nothing like that had been seen since the early days of the nWo with them coming out and destroying everyone and everything even remotely representing WWE... It was a classic moment in WWE history, think of it thus way, how many times in the history of RAW has it gone off the air in complete silence? The last time I could remember was in 95 when Michaels "collapsed"

I'm sorry guys, but 2010 was pretty darn good. I gotta do a top 5

5. Jack Swagger cashing in Money In The Bank. I'm a wicked major fan of Swagger and although he has found himself back on the same level he was in before he won MITB, during the time he had the WHC he did very well with it. The promos he cut garnered a lot of heat for him, especially the one where told his life story. The audience booed the crap out of him and he kept going on like a trooper. Sadly his time with the belt was short but I'm pretty sure he'll be coming up with the belt once again sometime in the future.

4. The Miz cashing in Money In The Bank. You can definitely say that The Miz is "taking the ball and running with it." He's been downright incredible with the WWE Championship and it all started with his cash in. Lots of people were saying that when he cashed in he was gonna be the first MITB winner to lose his championship match. Boy were we wrong! Admit that even the cash in was pretty predictable, when you saw he actually won, you were in shock as well. And since then The Miz has been absolutely awesome (no pun intended) with the title and I can't wait to see what he does heading into 2011.

3. The Nexus debuts on RAW. We had been speculating exactly what the season 1 rookies from NXT were gonna do since they got eliminated and Wade Barrett won the contest. Well how about destroying the RAW ring and taking out not just the top star in the company but every staff member in the surrounding ring area? How's that for a debut?

2. Undertaker/Michaels II at WrestleMania 26. Just like debuts can't be replicated, retirement matches can never be replicated either. I remember the grumblings about how they shouldn't have had a second HBK/Taker match cause it probably won't be as good as the first one. Well not only was it as good as the first one, it FAR surpassed it. For me it definitely makes my top all time match list and since Michaels has retired and so there will probably never be another one that will match it.

1. RAW going Old School. I don't know about you, but when I heard the original Raw music, saw the old Raw logo combined with the Attitude Era titantron, and saw The King dressed in his original ring attire, I was totally going crazy. This has been my favorite Raw episode to come out in the last couple of years, mostly because we got to see Jim Ross back at the announce table for one night. Plus, seeing Mean Gene and all the other old school guys was also really fun and it brought me back again. If they ever decide to do this as a yearly thing, honestly I wouldn't mind at all. Bring it back to them old school days!!!

Neuxs was one of the greatest moments in recent wwe history but bret coming back to wwe has to be it. i was a huge fan in they days my love for wwe has died out a bit the last 5-10 years and with the screw job and the death of Owen (R.I.P) I never thought in a millions years we would see bret again but in 2010 we did and he let bygones be bygones with Shawn another huge moment in 2010. also Shawn vs undertaker at WM and Shawn's retirement as well

to me the best moment of 2010 and maybe one of the best in history : undertaker shaking hands with HBK......it was epic and amazing, 2 of the best in history shaking hands after an amazing match...

i also think nexus debut was unforgetable...

shawn and bret hugging and shaking hands was so great...these are the ones that stand out to me

Both Shawn Michaels moments were the most memorable - by far... Well, if you've been a fan for awhile. I understand why kids might think Miz winning was more memorable because they don't know that much about Shawn... These two moments by the way are HBK v Taker 2.0 and Bret Hart and HBK hugging.

Now what comes after that? To me the cashing in of the money in the bank isn't all that memorable for any of the guys that did it. It's obvious that they're going to come in, beat up a tired opponent, and get the title. Woop-dee-doo. So none of those for me.

So that leaves things like Nexus' debut, Jericho getting punted, The RKO on Bourne, Batista 'quitting', Kane actually getting a good world title run (YES!!), and possibly things I am forgetting. In conclusion, after the obvious choices (the 2 HBK moments), I have to go with Batista Quitting. This guy was so loved by so many, he was WAY over, and was amidst an amazing heel turn. Though it was pretty obvious (if you frequently check out WZ) that he was done with his WWE career for now, it was still a giant moment that one of the shows biggest players was completely done.

All this crap about the best moment being the miz cashing in and having a great title run is just fanboy crap. Im not saying miz is sucking, but his title reign has been no better than swagger's, or punk's first, or even edge's first. lol. he hasnt done anything great, people just really like him.

As for the best moment. if we are going for important moments in real life, bret hart and shawn michaels making amends has to top the list. for over a decade, no one could predict that bret hart would return, then he did and has done stuff through out the year with the company.

in terms for the biggest event that changed wwe, its got to be nexus. biggest shocker of the year by far, and has led to a pretty decent storyline. if only they didnt feel the need to shove cena even farther down our throats, this would be one of the better storylines of the decade.

H.M. Kane's title run
Orton going face
hhh being "retired"
cm punk joining nexus
jericho getting punted

2010 was quite a banner year for WWE to say the least. There's quite a few moments for me to pick from. I'm gonna narrow it down to 5.

Of course, there's the Return of the Hitman, after a self imposed absence from the company that he felt killed his brother, and he said he would never ever return in anyway to do any promotions, everyone was :wtf:. Dennis Miller started a bit of a rally back around the time he did the Slammys to get Hart back in. Then to add even more power to the punch, we see Hart and HBK make amends. It was so much more sweeter than expected.

HBK's redux of his match with The Deadman at WM26, and subsequent retirement. Needless to say, 09 and '10 belonged to HBK for personal achievement best. His WM25 match was so superior, no one thought it could be matched. But lo and behold, he was a mad man on a mission to get his re-match with the undefeated 'Taker, even sabotaging a PPV match of 'Taker's and getting him to accept the challenge, to where it was Streak v Career. Sadly, we ended up losing our Mr. Wrestlemania. It proved to be a sad Monday Night Raw that night as HBK proclaimed "Folks, HBK has left the building." Then he left his trademark DX glowsticks as a tribute to the fans.

Old School Raw. Of course this was AMAZING to see. I really felt like I was back in the good old days, and everything was right with the world again. Loved seeing Mean Gene, the Iron Sheik, and LOVED seeing Mae Young call out Lay-Cool. The saying "What was once old is new again" proved true that night. I was so glad to see that.

Kane winning MITB, and subsequently cashing in that same night. I was glad to see Kane get a great shot. He won MITB, and then that night, it looked like he was doing a great deed by helping Mysterio against Swagger. Then he turns around and cashes it in!!! :worship: Way to go Big Red Machine. This turned out to be some of the best mic work by Kane. I'm a little sad that it took so long for the powers that be to let it sit this long to let him have this kind of push. Even thought it wasn't as long as I'd liked, it was good while it lasted.

NEXUS. The name says it all. Headed by the Brutal Brit, winner of Season One of NXT. No one knew for sure what lie in store for the young man from Manchester, a bareknuckle brawler. Then the night of the Viewer's Choice RAW, we saw Cena v CM Punk, and during the match, out comes Barrett, and you saw the other cast offs from NXT, as they stormed the ring and left everything they touched in a pile of rubble. :wtf: It was the perfect storm. From that point forward, they were quite the force to be reckoned with. Even to Summerslam, and on to the battle that forced Cena to join them, then to eventually forcing Cena out of WWE (albeit temporarily.) This was by far a year that Nexus affected ALL of WWE.

To me the best moment is when CM Punk joined the Nexus just this past Monday.

I did not think for one second that he was going to be in another stable, but when I heard the Nexus music after his I just knew it. I think every one knew it by then and the excitement was amazing.

my top wwe moments in 2010 are:

5) Kane Wins Money in the Bank (didnt like the fact that he cashed in on Mysterio the same night :wtf:

4) Batista Quitting the WWE, i really didn't like Batista anymore at this point.

3) Rey Mysterio winning the Fatal 4-Way for the World Heavy Weight Championship. I think he deserved it, i really didnt like very short title reign, they always did that to mysterio :banghead:

2) Cena being "fired" from the WWE, at the time i loved it, but then each week he came back.

1) My most favorite moment was when The Miz cashed in on Randy Orton to become the new AWESOME WWE Champion! :worship:

WWE 2010 was full of great moments making it hard to chose just one, however if I have to then it is hard to look past the Nexus attack. Not one person predicted that would happen and if you say you did you are a fucking liar. It came out of absolutely nowhere and was absolutely awesome, they trashed the whole ring, beat up commentators, took out two of the WWE's top stars. Then it provided us with easily the feud of the year in Cena vs Nexus, an amazing feud with great promos, great matches and an amazing storyline. Whats more is it provided us with a fresh main eventer in Wade Barrett who in the space of about six months went from being an unknown to main eventing Survivor Series for the WWE championship, not bad huh.

Honorable mentions go to Shawn retiring, Bret returning and Cena's "retirement" speech (even though it ended up meaning jack shit it was still an awesome promo, anyone who says Cena sucks on the mic should watch it).

It would have to be a tie between Miz and Nexus:

Nexus made such an impact. NO ONE saw this coming when they first debuted. The three hour viewers choice RAW was such a lackluster show and then that happened.

Miz cashing in wasn't as much of a shock if you think about it; but I waited month after month after month for him to cash in. I was hoping they would've did it at Survivor Series but when Orton retained and Miz didn't come out that really sucked me out. When Nexus attacked Orton the next night I got optimistic but I figured WWE would drop the ball again; but he cashed in and won. I was so excited when he came out and then when he reversed the RKO into the Skull Crushing Finale and I counted 1-2-3 with the ref, I jumped up as if I was in the Attitude Era again and I couldn't believe it.

For me it's easily Shawn and Bret burying the hatchet on Raw, I never thought I'd see it happen but I'm glad I did. After that it would be Shawn's goodbye at Wrestlemania and Taker tipping the hat to him the next night.

Others I'd list were Miz girls reaction to him winning the title and Daniel Bryan as the surprise 7th member of team Raw at Summerslam.

There are a few very big moments that happened in 2010. January 4th with Bret coming back was incredible. Many people thought it would never happen, but sure enough, it did and it was a sight to see. Then you have Taker and HBK II and Shawn's subsequent retirement speech. For anyone who has watched wrestling over the last 15+ years, it was pretty sad to see one of the best wrestlers in the history of the WWE leave for good (we think).

But those two moment combined might not live up to the arrival of the Nexus. The initial impact of their arrival was massive. It had to be one of the most surprising and shocking things I have ever seen. The long term effects are even greater. It provided us with an incredible story that lasted over 6 months and it began the build of a few future stars of the company. Not to mention that it gave us another great moment at Summerslam with Daniel Bryan returning. Without Nexus, this year would not have nearly as great as it was.

My favorite has to be Daniel Bryan VS Dolph Ziggler at Bragging Rights. These two are both young starlets, and both were amazing. WWE need to use these two, and well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back