Wade Barrett. Is this time for real?

Goodness, I hope so. He deserves it. I've been a fan ever since NXT Season 1. I liked him as the leader of the original Nexus, but then that got derailed during the mostly useless Corre storyline that followed. He was rumored to a win a Money In The Bank match in 2012 but an injury prevented that. Then there was the Barrett Barrage and the fight club gimmick that got derailed. Bad News Barrett is my favorite of his personas so far, and if they do go through with pushing him to another Intercontinental Championship reign that I hope he gets a reign where they actually do something with him. I also hope he gets the MITB win he was rumored to get previously, if anything can help him break into a spot further up the card it's that. Regardless, "I'm afraid I've got some BAD NEWS" needs to remain his catchphrase for the rest of his career.

I dunno. Barrett's on the right track now, but I've said that before in other posts year after year.

Honestly, I can't imagine an IC title win helping Barrett. It's hard to keep track of Barrett's meaningless and forgettable reigns as IC Champ. The IC title is like a death sentence for him. After every win, Barrett's momentum dies in a matter of weeks.

I couldn't stand all this Bad News Barrett stuff at first, but the character started to grow on me after a while. He's on the right track now, but I'm holding my breath, and I won't make any bold predictions for a main event push. Barrett's past is too streaky for that. Also, WWE elevating Barrett to Nexus Barrett levels again? Forget it. Lighting doesn't strike twice in the same place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back