W1: BroMans Regain Tag Team Championships; Sanada Wins X-Division Championship

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
On Sunday in Japan during the huge Wrestle-1 event featuring the IMPACT WRESTLING superstars, new TNA champions were crowned as Seiya Sanada defeated Austin Aries to win the X Division Championship! The new champion Sanada will be competing on Sunday's Lockdown Pay-Per-View in Miami, joining Great Muta and Tigre Uno to battle Bad Influence and Chris Sabin!

Also at the huge Wrestle-1 event, The BroMans (Robbie E and Jessie Godderz) defeated The Wolves (Davey Richard and Eddie Edwards) and the team of Kaz Hayashi and Shuji Kondo in a three-way match to regain the World Tag Team Championship!

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news...Tag-Team-Title-Sanada-wins-the-X-Championship

--

With Sanada taking the title off Aries, he'll be heading into Lockdown with it, to compete in the match with Muta and Tigre Uno to take on Bad Influence and Chris Sabin, while Aries will end up with Team Roode in the Lethal Lockdown match, leaving the two well away from each other for the PPV.

My guess is that this means Sanada will be coming over to the U.S. for a while to feud with Aries after the fact, as I can't imagine Aries will want to let this loss slide, and Sanada did mention in an interview a while back that he wanted to be the first Wrestle-1 star to come over to IMPACT state-side.

I'm not sure why the BroMans regained the titles, unless it was just one of those blunders in TNA where they regained them because TNA didn't want them to lose them to begin with, but had to because they had billed a championship match overseas that the BroMans weren't booked on. What a mess.

Aries losing the X-Division makes sense. it establishes Wrestle-1 as legit and it allows Sanada to have a feud when he comes in (I assume he's one of the new signings as well) with one of TNA's best superstars. I assume he and Aries will have some great matches.

The BroMans regaining the titles makes no sense. Why make them lose them if they were going to regain them a week later. I hate title changes like that. Unless there's a storyline to go with it it's utterly pointless.

I guess we'll have to wait and see but I'm certainly curious as to how this play out.

While taking the X division title off of Aries makes a little sense considering his possible role in the main event at Lockdown, Bromans getting the straps back seems like a bad move. Granted, the notion of them being champs being on team Roode looks good on paper, but they're a comedic/buffoonish team. I hope TNA knows what direction they're taking with this decision.

My feeling is that we're meant to believe that the BroMans cannot beat the Wolves cleanly but that they can out think them so the first loss established as the more proficient wrestlers and 'Outbreak' has established that (buffoonery or not) they can out think and take advantage of the new boys. Plus, moving into 'Lockdown', two high profile losses for the Bros would make Team Bobby look weak and (as most of you well know), the faces should always look like they're facing an uphill battle.

I really don't know what TNA sees in Bromans, they aren't that good a tag-team, having them lose & then regain the Belts doesn't make much sense either.

Is this ONO PPV going to be shown soon?

I'm guessing they were looking for extra shock value by making the Bromans win the titles back. My guess is the rubber match will be at Lockdown with both the titles and Lethal Lockdown man advantage on the line.

Sanada is a surprise though, since he didn't beat some slouch. Though seeing him come stateside for an extended reign sounds interesting.

Its dumb title changes like this that happen once or twice a month that are the prime reason that TNA is going to be out of business within the next year or so.

Its dumb title changes like this that happen once or twice a month that are the prime reason that TNA is going to be out of business within the next year or so.
.........Right.

Because doing a title change on a PPV or a house show is wrong because........ Wait, why the fuck is it wrong? TNA is gonna die because they have titles change hands on delayed PPV's and house shows? Any reason WWE didn't die after Kevin Nash beat Bob Backlund in a squash house show match in 1995?

Jesus, if you're gonna proclaim the death of TNA (join the 12 year long, 1 million people club) at least go with a reason that's more logical. Like their economic issues or talent cuts. But no, it's freakin' title changes.

.........Right.

Because doing a title change on a PPV or a house show is wrong because........ Wait, why the fuck is it wrong? TNA is gonna die because they have titles change hands on delayed PPV's and house shows? Any reason WWE didn't die after Kevin Nash beat Bob Backlund in a squash house show match in 1995?

Jesus, if you're gonna proclaim the death of TNA (join the 12 year long, 1 million people club) at least go with a reason that's more logical. Like their economic issues or talent cuts. But no, it's freakin' title changes.

It is their title changes. They are starting to change champions he same way WCW was right before they went under. And it is also because of talent cuts. The only people they have left with any talent will be Jeff Hardy or Willow or whatever, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, and Samoa Joe. Angle is leaving, Sting is gone, AJ Styles is gone. They all had the logic to realize TNA is a sinking ship and that's why they left.

It is their title changes. They are starting to change champions he same way WCW was right before they went under. And it is also because of talent cuts. The only people they have left with any talent will be Jeff Hardy or Willow or whatever, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode, and Samoa Joe. Angle is leaving, Sting is gone, AJ Styles is gone. They all had the logic to realize TNA is a sinking ship and that's why they left.
OK, so after years of complaining about WWE guys and older stars coming in, now the general complaint is that they are all gone. It's called changing the guard. We can't have the same damn people 12 years straight without anyone batting an eye. It's happening in WWE and TNA is changing it's roster. It's natural progression. Because unless you don't pay attention, AJ Styles has been in TNA as a top star for it's 12 year history. At some point, someone new has to step in. And it can't be the 50+ year old Sting, the human Frankenstein, Kurt Angle or the ever untrustable Jeff Hardy. Sticking to them is a sure way of sinking TNA. They've all had their run under the sun, it's time for new guys.

And as for the title changes, you are really off base. WCW handed their World title to the head booker and a C-list star. The case here was two genuine tag teams trading the belts in house shows and PPV's. That's really standard stuff in wrestling, so I do not see how the hell does that spell the end of TNA. Especially when it help boost interest for live events and the upcoming Outbreak PPV, which given the effort they've put into it, should draw as much attention as it can.

OK, so after years of complaining about WWE guys and older stars coming in, now the general complaint is that they are all gone. It's called changing the guard. We can't have the same damn people 12 years straight without anyone batting an eye. It's happening in WWE and TNA is changing it's roster. It's natural progression. Because unless you don't pay attention, AJ Styles has been in TNA as a top star for it's 12 year history. At some point, someone new has to step in. And it can't be the 50+ year old Sting, the human Frankenstein, Kurt Angle or the ever untrustable Jeff Hardy. Sticking to them is a sure way of sinking TNA. They've all had their run under the sun, it's time for new guys.

And as for the title changes, you are really off base. WCW handed their World title to the head booker and a C-list star. The case here was two genuine tag teams trading the belts in house shows and PPV's. That's really standard stuff in wrestling, so I do not see how the hell does that spell the end of TNA. Especially when it help boost interest for live events and the upcoming Outbreak PPV, which given the effort they've put into it, should draw as much attention as it can.

First, Ive never complained about old WWE guys going to TNA and second, I have no problem with newer guys stepping up, I would just prefer them to be interesting which not a lot of the remaining people are. There is Mr. Anderson, Bully Ray, Gunner, etc. The same goes for the WWE, I want the people who are being pushed to be interesting, something Daniel Bryan is not. I acknowledge that Cena, Orton, and those guys cant hold the throne forever but those who are going to assume the positions of the top guys should actually deserve it.

Well about the tag titles it's clearly they did the title change just to have a second title change at Outbreak.

About the X Division title I think it would be intersting to see how it works out because I was surprised from this title change.

tna creative have no idea in tag division. The wolves won the title in house show and lost it in a week. It devalued the wolves. They give TNA investor MVP a loss by roode. May be they put them as a weak team against Team Dixie.

I really like the idea of TNA regaining some connections in Japan. NJPW pretty much helped TNA become legit in my eyes, and now entering into a relationship with Wrestle-1 can only help keep them afloat with the Japanese audience. Personally, I think TNA should look for more promotions in other countries to work with. Maybe they can get WWC in Puerto Rico, or CMLL/AAA in Mexico to help. For the record, I know CMLL & AAA are two different companies so save it.

I also like the idea that they let Sanada win the X-Division title. I just hope he doesn't lose it soon. However, I will disagree in the idea that Aries will feud with Sanada. Aries is too big to be in the X-Division. I think he should feud with Magnus after Lockdown as a favor for MVP... or maybe as a token of thanks for being the sole survivor? Either way, I don't see him going back to the X-Division.

I wouldn't mind seeing what he can do with guys like Sabin, Ion, EC3 [he's X-division caliber], and others from the X-Division.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back