Sanada Signs New Contract with TNA

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
http://pwinsider.com/article/86744/new-tna-signing.html?p=1

PWInsider is reporting that Wrestle-1 has announced that Seiya Sanada, who has been working with TNA as a talent loan as a part of the TNA/W-1 working relationship, has signed a contract to be a full time TNA roster member.

The deal will see Sanada remain in the states to work primarily as a TNA talent, but it will also operate as a dual company contract that will see Sanada work all of W-1's major shows as well.

The idea behind the agreement is believed to be driven by W-1 founder Keiji Mutoh, who wants Sanada to truly establish himself here in the States as a way to help elevate him to the spot that Mutoh envisions- as eventual clear "ace" of Wrestle-1.

I'm totally behind this as Sanada is a very fine addition to TNA's roster. He's been an important part of filling out cards for the last few months, both as the primary face of the X-Division and as a solid performer in occasional tag matches as well. He's only 26, has a ton of upside, and is very sound and consistent in the ring. He has also shown that he can thrive in the short spotty matches that tend to represent the X-Division on weekly Impact broadcasts, but he really shines when given extended time to work- like his impressive performance in his excellent match with Aries where he won the X strap in Japan back in February, that is currently airing on PPV as ONO Global Impact. Sanada leaving was gonna leave a whole in an already slim midcard and the fact that he is sticking around has got to be considered a plus.

I also see Mutoh's line of thought here. His ability to come to the States and get National Television exposure with NWA/JCP and get the Great Muta character over in front of an International audience went along way toward him ascending to the ultimate spot he achieved in Japan where he has become arguably as big a legend as his homeland has ever seen. He perhaps sees a similar path in the future for his very talented and young protege and may also see the eventual long term success of Wrestle-1 to be riding on Sanada reaching the heights he sees him capable of attaining.

What is everyone's thoughts on Sanada going forward as a full time TNA contracted wrestler?

A-OK with this. He's done more in his time as a borrowed Japanese wrestler than any others have outside of that brief run Masato Yoshino and Naruki Doi had years back when they went head-to-head with MCMG in that sweet tag match, and while I'm no super-fan of his, he's a solid worker with a good look/body and has helped the X Division — a division that was largely dying these last few years — a ton since coming over.

http://pwinsider.com/article/86744/new-tna-signing.html?p=1

PWInsider is reporting that Wrestle-1 has announced that Seiya Sanada, who has been working with TNA as a talent loan as a part of the TNA/W-1 working relationship, has signed a contract to be a full time TNA roster member.

The deal will see Sanada remain in the states to work primarily as a TNA talent, but it will also operate as a dual company contract that will see Sanada work all of W-1's major shows as well.

The idea behind the agreement is believed to be driven by W-1 founder Keiji Mutoh, who wants Sanada to truly establish himself here in the States as a way to help elevate him to the spot that Mutoh envisions- as eventual clear "ace" of Wrestle-1.

I'm totally behind this as Sanada is a very fine addition to TNA's roster. He's been an important part of filling out cards for the last few months, both as the primary face of the X-Division and as a solid performer in occasional tag matches as well. He's only 26, has a ton of upside, and is very sound and consistent in the ring. He has also shown that he can thrive in the short spotty matches that tend to represent the X-Division on weekly Impact broadcasts, but he really shines when given extended time to work- like his impressive performance in his excellent match with Aries where he won the X strap in Japan back in February, that is currently airing on PPV as ONO Global Impact. Sanada leaving was gonna leave a whole in an already slim midcard and the fact that he is sticking around has got to be considered a plus.

I also see Mutoh's line of thought here. His ability to come to the States and get National Television exposure with NWA/JCP and get the Great Muta character over in front of an International audience went along way toward him ascending to the ultimate spot he achieved in Japan where he has become arguably as big a legend as his homeland has ever seen. He perhaps sees a similar path in the future for his very talented and young protege and may also see the eventual long term success of Wrestle-1 to be riding on Sanada reaching the heights he sees him capable of attaining.

What is everyone's thoughts on Sanada going forward as a full time TNA contracted wrestler?

As for Sanada himself I find him to be entertaining in the ring. Guys like him can help make the X Division relevant again and I'd be all for that.

That being said I don't see him becoming the top guy that he's being groomed to be. Not in the U.S. at least. He may become a big name in Japan though.

If he's the kind of talent Wrestle 1 is going to be sending to TNA then I think that's a good sign that we're going to get to see some exciting in ring action.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing some more of Wrestle-1 guys coming to TNA to help solidify their agreements. But that's just me. Sanada has been nothing but entertaining since being back, and in my opinion that's a good thing. He's also helped the X-Division a lot more than Aries or Chris Sabin could do after being dropped out of the Main Event. I personally would like to see Sanada become the new AJ Styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back