• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Vince VS Triple H at Wrestlemania XXX?

LODemolition

Championship Contender
Anyone warch the CSR video today with LaBar's "Please Vince" segment, asking them to make this match? I hadn't really thought about it, but this would be a great way to do it if indeed Triple H is taking over the company in due time anyway. Why not work it into a storyline and make a match of it at what could be the greatest Mania of all time? This concussion angle could be the start of a much bigger story in the works, we'll just have to see.

On the other hand however, I for one would love to see one last round between Triple H and The Rock on the grandest stage of 'em all. Not to mention, Vince competing in his late 60's is not the best idea for his own well being and the entertainment level for the fans.

So what are your thoughts? Should this concussion storyline culminate with a McMahon/Triple H match at WrestleMania XXX with ownership of the company on the line?

If I had free reign to book an angle regarding trips vs Vince, I'd have it go down like this:

They keep playing up the tension between hhh and vince, leading to physical altercations, we see HHH abandoning Steph and going on a power trip to take over the company, Vince is now seeing his empire divided. This leads to HHH challenging him to a match at mania for ownership of the company (HHH being the heel and all, challenges an old man) Vince accepts, under one condition, since Vince is too old to compete at a level thats high enough to challenge HHH, he will appoint a wrestler to fight for him, someone who has stuck by Vince through think and thin, someone who is a multiple world champion and who helped destroy WCW, the man he picks will be the man to stand up for the WWE and to stand up for the people, because he is the peoples champion.

Making it Rock vs HHH.

You can also have Punk/Lesnar for the unification of both belts.

Cena vs Taker

and run with it from there...

Not too sure about the Vince vs Triple H match idea, but The Rock and Triple H idea is great. I would do something like, Vince and H having one long feud, then Vince chooses the Rock to represent him in the decider on who the company goes too, which obviously turns The Rock heel, however Triple H coming out on top.

I do agree with the idea that somebody should fight on Vince's behalf, unless they make it a NO DQ match or something like that to somewhat level the playing field.

If I had to choose someone to fight on VKM's behalf, I think it would probably be someone like Sheamus (re-ignite that feud).

But yes I do agree with the whole idea in principle of having a fight for power

I don't think this is the right route. Firstly, what would the actual match be? HHH v VKM doesn't suit me. I'm not sure Vince can still wrestle while HHH can still perform - in my opinion it would be a waste of Triple H. I just can't see this match being of high quality.

Secondly, IF there was to be a match for power than it should be Vince/HHH/Stephanie agaisnt Heyman. For me this is far more realistic and entertaining. Moreover, who actually thinks that Vince will leave television. If he loses this match he will still appear on TV. I'm almost certain that Vince McMahon will be on WWE television until either it is defunct or he dies.

Finally, I simply don't want to see this feud. That one segment with Stephanie, Vince and HHH was just painful and awkward. I would much rather see Vince and Triple H used elsewhere than a feud against each other. HHH has better options: The Shield, Axel, Punk etc. There is no need to put him in this match where the winner is obvious and the quality is low.

With current happenings, I actually suggested that this match should take place at Summerslam before. I can't see WWE holding off for almost a year, and HHH v Vince isn't going to headline WM, but it could easily headline Summerslam. Only way I could see control of the company heading over to WM is if it starts at Summerslam but Vince keeps sending stars out to take HHH out. maybe Cena at Survivor Series, and Rock at WM.

I see Cena v Punk headlining WM 30 as a "signature" of the "future" with HHH in control, not relying on part-time stars.
If you then had Rock v HHH v Lesnar as the "end of an era" match, or have HHH v Barrett, Lesnar v Sheamus and Rock v Bryan (maybe not exact, but you get the drift) as a "passover" match

Looks good on paper but I think it would end up like Bret-VKM.

Triple H is getting older, but he isn't in his upper 60's.

I wouldn't mind it if Vince chose The Rock to wrestle for him. Would give a nostalgia feeling to all of us.

But i'd rather this not last until Mania. Kill it at Survivor Series at the very latest, but it should have started around Survivor Series IMO.

Why not have the feud at the Royal Rumble where Triple H vs Vince takes place. Then as the match goes on, Vince isn't feeling well (just like Triple H when he faced Axel) and the match is stopped due to Vince's health, or maybe Steph throws in the towel.

Then weeks later on Raw Vince returns and says he'd love to have a rematch again with Triple H at Mania but he isn't healthy. So he'll pick someone to represent him, The Rock.

So you have Rock/HHH at Mania with The McMahon feud being the story. Triple H wins and gains control of the WWE or Rock wins and Triple H retires from wrestling.

With current happenings, I actually suggested that this match should take place at Summerslam before. I can't see WWE holding off for almost a year, and HHH v Vince isn't going to headline WM, but it could easily headline Summerslam. Only way I could see control of the company heading over to WM is if it starts at Summerslam but Vince keeps sending stars out to take HHH out. maybe Cena at Survivor Series, and Rock at WM.

I see Cena v Punk headlining WM 30 as a "signature" of the "future" with HHH in control, not relying on part-time stars.
If you then had Rock v HHH v Lesnar as the "end of an era" match, or have HHH v Barrett, Lesnar v Sheamus and Rock v Bryan (maybe not exact, but you get the drift) as a "passover" match

I wouldn't be surprised if they can hold it off after what they did for Brock/HHH from Summerslam time to Extreme Rules

Anyone warch the CSR video today with LaBar's "Please Vince" segment, asking them to make this match? I hadn't really thought about it, but this would be a great way to do it if indeed Triple H is taking over the company in due time anyway. Why not work it into a storyline and make a match of it at what could be the greatest Mania of all time? This concussion angle could be the start of a much bigger story in the works, we'll just have to see.

On the other hand however, I for one would love to see one last round between Triple H and The Rock on the grandest stage of 'em all. Not to mention, Vince competing in his late 60's is not the best idea for his own well being and the entertainment level for the fans.

So what are your thoughts? Should this concussion storyline culminate with a McMahon/Triple H match at WrestleMania XXX with ownership of the company on the line?

What asshead would believe an Ownership on a Pole match would be legit? If Hunter wins, you won't believe Vince is done. If Vince wins, you know Hunter will take over later anyway. What possible closure could come from this match between an old man and a guy who, in the last 3 years, held more than his own with Taker and Lesnar? How much belief are we suspending here? And if your answer is "all of it", as it seems to be, why not go with Stephanie vs. Ryback in a Winner gets Michael Cole match?

I think Evil Vince vs. Taker's streak has more creative possibilities than this. In fact, that angle, if started at SummerSlam could go right through WMXXX with serious interest, if done right. But, this idea of yours has no real "give a shit" value to it.

Just awful. ...and seeing who wrote it, I am not surprised. Additionally, any post that refers to a Labar anything is DOA.

I wouldn't be surprised if it happened, but I don't think I would want to see Vince go at it in the ring again at his age. I do like the idea of someone wrestling on Vince's behalf, and it would be awesome to see Rock/HHH go at it one more time. I said in another thread though that I think now is the time WWE stops relying on the part time stars so I would just as easily like to see an up and comer wrestle for Vince. It's a little late now I think, but if they could have kept Drew McIntyre relevant he would have been perfect to go against HHH as The Chosen One. Like I said though it is probably a little late for that.

In the grand scheme of things, I also have a feeling that the concussion angle is ultimately leading to a bigger story later on down the line. As of right now, it looks as though they're in something of a holding pattern with tensions mounting between Triple H, Vince & Stephanie. Based on the brief backstage segment with the three of them speaking with Vickie last night; it's looking as though WWE is heading towards some sort of threeway power struggle angle with each of them telling Vickie that she needs "to listen to me".

I'm not crazy about the idea of Vince possibly wrestling at WrestleMania XXX. However, if it was to happen, then I'd much rather see him do it against Triple H rather than see him wrestle Donald Trump. I do think that this MIGHT, and I do mean MIGHT, ultimately be leading towards Vince legitimately stepping down as CEO of WWE with the power struggle culminating somehow at the 30th anniversary of the of the ppv juggernaut that has become WrestleMania. I think the fact that Triple H has more of an on screen role & presence than we've seen out of him for the past couple of years is another POSSIBLE indicator of it.

Vince McMahon's 67.

Vince McMahon is 67.

Listen, I know we live in an era where Terry Funk and Ric Flair are still running around, but this is ridiculous. If you really believe that Vince McMahon will be in the ring, in any capacity, especially when you consider what happened with Jerry Lawler, you should really reconsider your grasp on reality.

There are about a million different matches Triple H should take part in before this one

No! I really don't want to see Vince in a match! He's 67 years old! The idea of their being a match where the company is up for grabs is interesting, but Vince being in the match is not. If there is going to be a match for the company the obvious thing to do would have Triple H against a wrestler of Vince's choice. The wrestler would ideally be John Cena as he's Vince's face of the company, but someone such as a Rock, Kane or Orton could work. But I think on CSR they also said, it should literally see Triple H take complete control in reality, which I agree with. The fact that people can watch the WWE changing hands in real life would definitely increase intrigue around WM.

If I'm not mistaken, the last match between Vince and Triple H was at Armageddon 1999, where Stephanie turned on Vince to start up the McMahon-Helmsley era. Either that, or the match on Smackdown where Vince won the title from Triple H.

That's a long stretch to 2014. Triple H is a forty-three year old man, but he's in great shape, and in the ring, he can still go with just about anybody. Vince McMahon is a sixty-seven year old man, and he looks like a sixty-seven year old man. If it comes down to a match determining the outcome of the feud between the two, I could see a scenario where Vince sends a representative to Wrestle for him. But Vince shouldn't step in the ring at Wrestlemania of all places at this stage in his life.

No, i dont think that match should be at wrestlemania.. i think the match should be cm punk vs triple h. remember in night of champions 2011? the kevin nash/hhh/cm punk feud? HHH unnecessarily stopped some of cm punk's momentum. then wwe had cm punk "apologize" to HHH for all the things he said.. that was rather embarassing. yeah it doesnt matter how much interference occured to make HHH win, but a loss is still a loss and any loss would hurt his momentum. its just sickening how HHH had to stop another person's momentum like he did to MANY other superstars.

anyways, cm punk really needs his win back against HHH. it would do wonders for his career and prove he can hang in with main eventers.. cm punk has went up against the rock, undertaker, and john cena, and he lost to all of them in the latest matches. that only produces one message to the fans : cm punk is strong, but he can't hang in with the top guys.. i know he "almost" won to them. but casuals dont give a shit if he "almost" won. they only care about the result and if it was clean or not. and it was clean..

if u wanna restore cm punk's credibility, he needs to defeat triple h. undertaker is possible, but he is currently kayfabe injured by the shield and also only wrestles once a year.. and the rock just had his last match, i fear brock lesnar will only beat cm punk cleanly or hurt cm punk's credibility even more. so really, HHH is the only option. HHH is also the only person who can afford a loss.

IT will be interesting to see if they draw this angle out all the way to WrestleMania, it feels like an angle made for Mania but WWE tend to get impatient and I could see them doing something at Summerslam.

If it does stretch out to Mania I think Vince has to have a surrogate, this is where things get interesting, if Vince is the heel then his options seem to be guys like Del Rio or Ryback which would be a good rub for those guys. Of course the outside option is Batista who would make sense as Vince's choice since Triple H has never beaten him.

However if Triple H goes heel instead then I could see the possibility of Triple H vs The Rock. Cena is also possible but I think he'll either be in the WWE title match or the Streak match.

I dont think it will lead to a struggle of power kind of match. I would rather have that angle playout to a return of an heel Vince aligned with The Shield and trying to get revenge on HHH for trying to steal his company. Vince could pretty much say that he is the sole reason why the shield dominated, and he would try to show that he hasnt lost it.

HHH would need a team and that would be more difficult but I would love to have an Evolution reunion. HHH & Randy Orton & Batista w/ Ric Flair vs. Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns and Rollins w/ Vince.

That would be a great match, it had the big names to make money and the three best prospects. It would be logical and it could make one of the best six man feud ever. However it doesnt seem likely, specially since Batista wont return for nothing else than a singles main event, and because Orton already had a match with The Shield ar Wrestlemania. It is a good idea and it would definetely be one hell of a match.

Watching Vince on tv lately you can see that he is slowly bulking up, he is definitely getting ready to wrestle at some time in the near future

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back