Vader Says He Has Two Years To Live

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Legendary super heavyweight Vader took to Twitter last night and stated that he had gotten reports from two different doctors telling him that he has congestive heart failure and that he has only a couple of years left to life.

"Told by 2.heart Drs at this time that my heart is wore out from footbal&wrestling I have 2 yrs to live , congestive heart failure reality."

First of all, it's lousy to hear anyone get such news but, as a wrestling fan, it sucks even more as Vader may very well be the last great super heavyweight in pro wrestling.

I just hope he doesn't try to sue WWE over this somehow because I don't know if it's so the fault of wrestling and football as it is that he's 61 years old, still weighs over 400 lbs. and has weighed well over 400 lbs. for most of his adult life.

I hope he makes the most of his time, and maybe gets a HOF nod. His chances of beating the prognosis don't look good. A commentator on the main page's article named Leah had some insights into that, here's what she said:
I'm a nurse, hopefully I can help with this one. So Vader is 61, most of his wrestling/football career hes always been big, maybe he hasnt been acquiring to a healthy lifestyle all these years which attributed to his diagnosis. He's weighed over 300lbs for such a long time that in reality he should be between 168-210lbs. Maybe he was a drinker or a smoker or did other drugs after all these years, (which disqualifies you for a transplant btw) that lead to his CHF. Im sure he was diagnosed with an early CAD (chronic arterial disease) years ago but probably was non-compliant with his medication regimen which lead to his heart failure. I think because of his age, prior diagnosis(s), and possible risks he may not receive a transplant. If he does get the transplant, you have to worry about the risk (M.I., cardiac arrest, dysrhythmia) especially because of his weight and past/current lifestyle. Imagine the aorta and SVC being all messed up all these years, that even if they did the transplant, theres a chance that the new heart will not last--blood flow will not be flowing properly leading to other cardiovascular issues.

The only way for him to have prevented this was adhering to a healthy lifestyle and being compliant to medication regimen.

If he were to request a transplant he would have to go through a series of test and factors (which takes a long time) to prove does this individual need a new heart, how would the interdisciplinary team know if he'll take care of the new one, what is his past medical/social/history of present illness? We also have to think about his kidneys as well because thats the organ that filters everything in our bodies and an individual with CAD is also at risk for CKD (chronic kidney disease--end stage renal failure)...Once the kidneys go, then thats it (not to mention that it is extremely difficult for most people to receive a kidney transplant or a liver transplant for that matter, and if he were to consider getting you have to out-weigh the risks.) Also I wanted to mention he stated "Congestive Heart Failure," which is the heart not pumping well and blood could be backing up into other organs, lets say the lungs for example which leads to shortness of breath. If he does get the transplant theres a risk that he can develop ARF (Acute Resp. Failure) in which he would either get a tracheostomy (a hole in his throat that will be used for him to breathe in) or be sedated on a ventilator. From there, his quality of life will just be going downhill. We also have to think if his body can even handle cardiothoracic surgery. CHF medications involve in reducing fluid (need to keep a close eye on the kidneys because if they arent filtering then fluid will accumulate leading to shortness of breath which leads to many problems), meds to lower BP, vasodilators to widen the blood vessels allowing blood to flow, heart meds to reduce blockage of the arteries.

In terms of other surgery he could probably get is CAB coronary artery bypass surgery in which a device is inserted in the femoral artery all the way to the blocked artery near his heart and clears the blockage (stent). Other than that its hard to say if his body can handle the stress. Either way I truly don't know him nor his actual history, im just stating the possibilities and risks he can face based on looking him up and reading that tweet he posted. His doctors probably told him that if he doesn't acquire to medication regimen, proper diet, and exercise at this point he will only have 2 years left to live. He can extend those years (Vader Time) if were to be compliant, but hey who knows, Im probably wrong about that too, maybe he was acquiring to medication regimen. In order for any of us to know how to treat this guy, we need to know more of his history and current present illness, lab tests, etc. I'll pray for him regardless and hopefully this health lesson was helpful to some of you lol :)

Wow, terrible news. I remember when I was younger, before I really started watching wrestling, Vader was one of the very few guys that I had known of. I don't think many people remember just how popular he was in the mainstream in the early 90's. But yeah, being the size and weight he was his entire life is obviously not easy on the body and is going to lead to complications eventually.

As for suing, I don't think the guy wants to spend his last few years engaged in a legal battle. Why would he need the money anyway at this point? Far as I know, Vader has never had any beef with the WWE and not everybody is looking for a cheap, quick payday. Sad news nonetheless.

Always was i big fan of vader and i find it sad to hear the news this morning but i'm pretty sure that will his fans feel bad about the news, will osprey must feel even worst after some of the stuff he said about vader lately.

Anyway i really hope that WWE finally give him a spot in the hall of fame next year, the guy deserves it and it would be sad if he doesn'T get it before he dies.

Aw that's sad. Vader was my favorite wrestler at one time. When he used that large mask that shot steam out of the shoulders was when I started watching him. Around 1990. My favorite Vader match was him vs Sting (The Face of WCW) at that time and Vader beating him clean for the title.

Aw that's sad. Vader was my favorite wrestler at one time. When he used that large mask that shot steam out of the shoulders was when I started watching him. Around 1990. My favorite Vader match was him vs Sting (The Face of WCW) at that time and Vader beating him clean for the title.

Yup, early 90s Vader was amazing. As a kid I looked at him as being as close to unbeatable as a wrestler could get, for awhile. Heels beating super faces like Sting cleanly was just not something that happened often. Vader was something else to watch in the ring. Big, strong, and agile, with a brutal and hard hitting move set, plus a no nonsense and intimidating aura.

I greatly prefer that type of dominant heel to what we are getting out of Brock in terms of both performance and booking.

I hate hearing news like this. While I got exposed to Vader way after his WCW run in the early 90's, he seemed to be a great workhorse despite his size. As mentioned before, his size does play a factor, but I also take into account some of the extreme matches that he was known for over in Japan and Europe. Hell, this is the same dude that put his own eye back into its socket after it popped out. I don't know about his lifestyle beyond the ring, but the physical toll of 40-plus years of wear and tear on the body takes its toll. I feel for him.

Thats sad, I loved his matches particuarly in WCW during the early 90s when he looked unstopable, Theres way too many wrestlers I watched back in the day gone too soon there supposed to be athletes and on paper should be healthier and go on to lead longer lives than most but the death rate in wrestling must be one of the highest in the world.

I won't share my exact feelings on this news, but after the drivel he said about Will Ospreay and Ricochet's BotSJ's match, and the way he continued with zero class to troll Ospreay afterwards(which was all way more personal than just a veteran trying to sell a match he hoped he could get and didn't deserve), you can imagine how many tears I'll shed for the loss of Vader.

I won't share my exact feelings on this news, but after the drivel he said about Will Ospreay and Ricochet's BotSJ's match, and the way he continued with zero class to troll Ospreay afterwards(which was all way more personal than just a veteran trying to sell a match he hoped he could get and didn't deserve), you can imagine how many tears I'll shed for the loss of Vader.
Something I would like to ask.

The things he did in the past year, show how he is in real life now, right? But should we just ignore what he was to the wrestling industry or his contributions to entertain us? I have always thought about "Should we respect a person who has significant achievements but doesn't behave right in real life?"

"Does the things done by him in past year negate all his contributions in this industry?"

Don't misundertand me. I ain't a big fan of Vader as I saw very little of him but he did seem as a good wrestler while being super heavyweight. Should we consider the person in kayfabe or reality?

ShinChan™;5620747 said:
Something I would like to ask.

The things he did in the past year, show how he is in real life now, right? But should we just ignore what he was to the wrestling industry or his contributions to entertain us? I have always thought about "Should we respect a person who has significant achievements but doesn't behave right in real life?"

"Does the things done by him in past year negate all his contributions in this industry?"

Don't misundertand me. I ain't a big fan of Vader as I saw very little of him but he did seem as a good wrestler while being super heavyweight. Should we consider the person in kayfabe or reality?
I don't think that his comments do anything to damage his legacy as a worker. Only his personal legacy. An old man who is a legend in the business using a public platform to shit on the performance of an insanely talented 22 year old kid, and then going as far as to call the kid harsh names, make physical personal threats, and try to publicly goad him into a legitimate "no rules shoot style" match, despite the fact that he outweighs the kid by nearly 200 pounds, is an inexcusable way for a man of his age and stature to have acted.

I hate it enough when older generation baseball players for example take personal shots at Bryce Harper because they can't relate to the modern generation. I hate when legends, like Oscar Robertson for example, try to downplay the talents of someone like Steph Curry and act as if he wouldn't be able to be great in their generation. Its disrespectful to a very talented and classy young generation star. Vader did both, made personal attacks towards Ospreay and shamelessly downplayed his undeniable talent.

Its a very bad look for Vader and for the business as a whole. It went way past kayfabe twitter interaction and its a facepalmingly bad look for a guy with Vader's legacy. But his placement in the lexicon of pro wrestling has long been cemented, and being a delusional and hateful piece of shit "get off my lawn" type asshole doesn't change that professional legacy. It does however destroy his personal legacy as a human being in my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back