Use of Female Jobbers on Smackdown -- Great idea or Pointless?

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
It is probably obvious to a lot of people that SmackDown has featured a couple of jobbers from the past couple of weeks where the gender of these easy wins are female. Now, if memory serves me correctly... this is probably the only semi-regular basis were the WWE have actually gone outside of their own talent pool to find women who can do the job to other females, like Beth Phoenix.

Is this a good idea and a new vamped style by bringing in women jobbers or is this such a stupid idea considering that only the minority cares for womens matches whereby squash matches will render a huge decline in people wanting to watch another diva segment? Personally, I like the change and I think that having one of these every once in a while could do good for women that have been on a losing streak for a while or have a lack of credibility as a wrestler.

What do you think?

They used to bring in jobbers back in the day, I think they might've stopped as recently as when the Diva Search started but I know they were still using local talent at least til the end of the Attitude Era, hmm my memory's shaky but I think they've used them fairly recently.

Anyway I think the jobbers made Beth look really good, added some depth to the womens division. I mean if you're going to have a Women's division at all you might as well try to make it respectable right? They're obviously not going the t&a route anymore so at this point most of the Divas are kind've like cheerleaders, they're hot but not nearly as entertaining as it would be if they were playing football or y'know stripping each other naked. Same thing goes here, if they're gonna wrestle they might as well get good wrestlers, fire a lot of the pointless ones, and maybe keep like Kelly/Maryse/Layla as managers.

I actually like the idea. They are obviously building Beth up for a nice little push, and this is a good way to get her over with the crowd(they have actually been reacting to her lately).

Right now Smackdown only has one real jobber, Layla(and even she is improving, and is working with the champ). Natayla, Mickie, McCool are to good and useful to job out to Pheonix right now, and with Maria taping Celebrity Apprentice, I think this works.

If it keeps happening it could get boring, but TNA did the same thing with Kong(well it was different, but the same)and it got good reactions, and eventually brought Taylor, SoJo and Daffney into the mix, so I think it was useful.

It's nice to see actual indy, trained wrestlers going against Beth. Instead of Maria, Kelly, or Layla getting squashed(and making Beth look bad in the progress, cuz their shit)Beth actually has some capable workers to work with. And who know's maybe Vince will be impressed with a few of the jobbers, and hire some more talented, trained diva's in the future.

I dont have a problem with the unknown jobbers that Beth's been squashing. All they're doing with her is what they do with every male monster, and for it to be pointless, it'd be a blatant double standard for the male squashes not to be aswell.

I don't think it's a bad idea. I thought the squash matches Beth Phoenix had with the jobbers on Smackdown was a great way of reinforcing her dominance as a female competitor...I think that needed to happen as she was floundering on Raw somewhat before being moved to Smackdown.

Overall, I think it's a good thing to feed these female jobbers to the likes of Beth Phoenix from time to time so that fans are reminded of what she is capable of. In saying that though, I'm not sure how useful it would be 'feeding' a female jobber to the likes of Maria or Layla as they would probably be upstaged by them in terms of wrestling talent...

I considered every Diva who hasn't held the title to be a jobber anyway, so i'd say pointless. The former champs and the current ones are the only Divas to ever win matches, or if it's tag matches then they are the ones who get the pinfall, all the others are jobbers imo

I think its a great idea to be bringing in female jobbers. It will help Beth Phoenix a lot. It can start to bring her back as the most dominant diva in the WWE. This could be start of Beth Phoenix heading back to capturing the Women's title I hope anyways

I think this is a great idea. With Beth beating all these jobbers currently, she looks dominant and is a force to reckon with. It gives the divas to show off their moveset and show their power. On Raw you'll be surprised to see a one on one diva match. On Smackdown you see athletic divas who can show their dominance.

WWE is being smart here. It allows Beth to be built as a monster in the ring without making any of the other performers look weak in the process. After a successive string of these jobber matches, then they will begin to feed more recognizable Divas to Beth, who after a little effort, will dispatch of these. Then, when the time is right, she'll be given an opportunity to face the champ. By that time, she'll be seen as an unbeatable force to be reckoned with again . . . giving the champ a legit challenge and creating anticipation to see if Beth can, in fact, be stopped.

It's simply the same formula WWE has used for years with its male superstars. Now they finally have a female worth utilizing the same on, and it's working in my opinion. Beth is at her most interesting when she's on a path of destruction. And, after working as a comedic character for several months with Santino, she's lost some of that shine. They're simply replacing it before unleashing her on the rest of the roster. BRAVO!

By the way, this shouldn't be reserved for Beth alone. There are countless other Divas whose careers would benefit from the occasional jobber match. It allows them to rack up a victory, making them seem more credible when they face off against the main roster performers. I mean, as it stands, (and as someone earlier pointed out) half the Divas roster ARE nothing but jobbers. It would be nice if those ladies got to pick up a win now and then as well.

I think Beth Pheonix dominating jobbers is a great idea. It's something that is unique to her, as far as I can remember. And she looks more and more dominating each week. She reminds me of a female Goldberg with this gimmick. I see her dominating jobbers for another couple of months, and then going for the WWE Womens' Title.

Slam Master J should job to Beth Pheonix. Or at least have fire ants invade the crevices of his penis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back