Santino and Hornswoggle: Comedy Jobbers

Leakee

If I post, feel blessed.
As we have seen, Hornswoggle has been made able to talk and Santino Marella makes people laugh everytime he appears on Raw. So; the question is, could these two become a comedy duo on one show and maybe even a Tag-Team? They both have no reason to be on either Raw or Smackdown so could they solidify as the two comedy jobbers of the company? They could appear regurlarly in backstage segments on Raw and Smackdown and make the viewer chuckle as they make jokes of the other superstars. In my opinion this would boost the ratings of the shows slightly. I'd like to hear your opinions on my idea!

I can't see Hornswoggle being a full time or even part time wrestler. I mean what's the point if we know he's going to get beat or win some dumb way? Santino is a surprise to me since he wins the IC belt right away and seems to be on the up only to get downgraded big time to this comedy jobber now.

I can't see Hornswoggle and Santino Marella as a team

Now if you said zack ryder and Santino Marella I would have loved it

They could be the this this generations bushwackers

They are both ******ed and over with the fans

Now that's comedy gold woo woo woo you know a it

Yes. I'd actually be down with this. I like Hornswoggle, and I don't mind Santino. I actually think they're both funny in a stupid way and could work well together - especially now that Hornswoggle can talk. He could be the straight man in a similar way to how Vladimir Kozlov was with Santino.

I'm sure many posters are going to criticise this idea, but I think the main thing to keep in mind with a proposal like this is "what's the worst that could happen"?

No...not at all. I mean, if they were to be a duo, they would have to be the comedy jobbers. Going down with style as in maybe Santino messes up the Cobra and hits Hornswoggle gets whippy and gets a school boy roll up pin or something. lol which is a waste of TV time, but if it was to happen I'd tolerate it for a bit.

Atleast they are better than the divas.

Having said that, they are good as comedy jobbers, but it's sad they will never be remembered the way the bushwackers were. Atleast they got some wins in PPV events.

I mean Santino lost to both Beth and Maria. That is just...wierd!!

You sure Hornswoggle is a jobber? He had won most of his matches when he actually competes from the Chavo Guerrero jobfests, Cruiserweight title win, Royal Rumble dominate and that battle royal.

As for them as a tag team, no. One of my greatest wish for the WWE now is to see Hornswoggle gone from television, FOREVER. I cannot stand this little troll ruining every segment he is in, ruining championships, burying superstars and creating idiotic moments. Can't wait to see him gone FOR GOOD and stop stinking up the whole product ever again.

I agree with R.K.O i want hornswoggle gone forever from television!! What purpose does he serve? He ruined the cruiserweight championship forever won a battle royal! Really that little piece of shit did all that? Santino on the other hand thats the WWEs fault on that one!! SO santino went from the Milian Miracle beating the at that time the unstoppable Umaga now to a joke!! Thats a big fall from grace for santino which is a shame considering he can actually wrestle and is a really good athlete!! No way in hell should those two be a tag team Hornswoggle should be given his walking papers after the first of the year!!

Hornswoggle needs to be gone from WWE as soon as possible. He doesn't belong in the wrestling ring. What purpose does he serve ? Oh yeah he does serve a purpose and thats making WWE look even more fake by winning matches, etc. Whenever he comes to the ring with his annoying childish music I get ashamed of being a Wrestling fan.

On Santino Marella, I can just say this.. If WWE wanted a comedy jobber then why did they fired Eugene ? Eugene was better at comedy than Santino Marella. Santino Marella is just lame as his finisher "Cobra".

Talking about all this just sounds so childish lol. (PG) :lmao:

On Santino Marella, I can just say this.. If WWE wanted a comedy jobber then why did they fired Eugene ? Eugene was better at comedy than Santino Marella. Santino Marella is just lame as his finisher "Cobra".

Talking about all this just sounds so childish lol. (PG) :lmao:

Agreed, however, I found Eugene's matches watchable as he wasn't too bad in the ring and, if you think about, used quite "devastating" finishers (Rock Bottom, Stunner). Admitidally he ruined the Stunner by waving at them rather than flagging them, but that is just Eugene.

Anyway. No. Get rid of Hornswoggle. In the end, he made DX look at bit of a joke, feuding with Hornswoggle and "little people" court. Even though that segment was bearable, that isn't DX. That isn't the DX from Unforgiven 2006, that is Hornswoggle robbing DX from a descent storyline with someone else.

Santino, however, I don't mind watching. I do find some of his jokes a little anticlimatic when he gets to the punch line, however I do enjoy watching him.

A team. Hell no! Hornswoggle future endeavoured! Hell yeah! The fact that he can now talk because Santa made his wish come true is an absolute fucking joke. A post above said that he sometimes feels ashamed to be a wrestling fan. I live in England. No one in my class are wrestling fans. The odd one has heard of The Miz and John Cena, that is it. If I were to show them some of WWE 2011, I would die of embarrasment.

Simply put... Hornswoggle, poontang your ass on outta here!

For a short term thing why not? Like their characters their tag team run is nothing serious. Just a cheap thrill to get the crowd going.

I mean that's their relevance right? They're just their to give the audience some comic relief.

But I really think Hornswaggle doesn't have any business being in the ring to wrestle.

Maybe Fit Finlay? He could compliment Santino's comedic persona with his tough Irish gimmick. Like Yin and Yang sort of. Like give Santino some motivation and they even may end up winning.

I think this would be a good idea for how to use both guys. Santino has needed a new sidekick since Kozlov's release and Hornswoggle will need something to do once the novelty of him talking wears off. He tag teamed with Finlay before so it's not like it would be unfamiliar terrain for him. The two would make a hilarious team and I would not mind having them as Tag Team Champions because then we could see their antics on both shows.

Honestly I think its time for WWE to cut the comedy crap. These two have been around and done nothing significant with themselves. Sure, they have their time and place but as a full fledged team they'd only be beating the dead horse that is the tag team division. Keep them the way they are. No reason to give them a bigger role if they arent complaining about being a complete joke.

A lot of people saying Hornswoggle doesn't belong in the ring, has everyone forgot he actually is a wrestler? I agree it's kind of idiotic cause there is no one for him to compete with but damn

Why? You essentially have two guys who can boost two different segments because they're funny. They're better seperate. You could have a few like, iunno, "all star" comedy segments with the two, but you don't want to limit your segments. Smackdown has Hornswaggle, Raw has Santino, it works.

Honestly I think its time for WWE to cut the comedy crap. These two have been around and done nothing significant with themselves. Sure, they have their time and place but as a full fledged team they'd only be beating the dead horse that is the tag team division. Keep them the way they are. No reason to give them a bigger role if they arent complaining about being a complete joke.
yea, what the fuck. Everyone should be a badass with world title aspirations. Dude, what are you talking about?

Done nothing significant? Yea, except get over. I agre to keep them apart, but come on dude, not everyone can, should, or needs to be Tom Brady. You need lineman too. Pro Wrestling is a complete show, it's not a sport. Watching two mid level baseball teams suck. If they were funny, then maybe they'd draw. This is why pro wrestling is better than a normal sport and also why Vince McMahon is worth several hundred million dollars; he understands this.

Midgets have always had a comedy roll nothing more, nothing less. The few exceptions when they give a heel some heat like at WM3 when King Kong Bundy body slammed and then dropped an elbow on Little Beaver only to see even his tag team partners turn on him. Unless they bring in more midgets Hornswoggle should soon be future endeavoured. I'd like more midgets and less divas, most of them can actually work with someone their own size unlike the eye candy versions of "little beavers" The best role for Hornswoggle would be as a manager, the xmas kiss with Vicky was fun and it could be played much more if he were to start as Zack Ryders manager as a counter-point to her if they extend the program with Ziggler
Santino is to much fun and value to the company, without doubt he is 1 of the better performers on the stick and the equal to most in ring. Even his finisher, if creative was to modify the lead up to make it more unexpected so it could be delivered with some surprise it could work much better, especially as a heel.
To make them a tag team would only make the tag division even more of a joke than it is now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back