• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unused Finishers

A move i'd like to see more people use is the sitdown facebuster, or the x-factor that xpac used to use. it was fast, and seemed like it would hurt. there's no cushiony knee touching the mat first, like the pedigree and tombstone and moves of that nature so maybe thats why they dont use it. I think the miz should use it, along with his skull crushing finale move. both of them would do damage to someones head and face.

I also noticed that most of the black wrestlers have the same finishing move. The Rock bottom, the book end, ezekiel jacksons move, even shad's move was similar to it, even though his looked like it hurt alot more, especially when he did it to JTG when they broke up. i noticed that a while ago when i heard the rock say that he watched booker t (before the merger) and said he thought it was interesting that he used the rock bottom as his finisher. then they had the match for the wcw title during the merger and jr was commenting on it.

I just read Jericho's book and he talks about how he had to modify the way he did the Lion Tamer when he arrived in the WWE because the majority of his opponents were 250+ pound monsters and he just couldn't manipulate them in such a way.

I think that is the biggest drawback with a lot of the moves that we complain that we don't see.

Why use a powerbomb when you can't lift your opponent anyway? For years Taker couldn't use his Tombstone because of the sheer size of his opponents. Bundy, Yoko, Giant whatever his name was, etc.

Cena does a fishermans suplex, but his sucks, and like someone said, it's just not a flashy finishing maneuver anymore.

The Jackhammer is good, but I think the presentation is what made the move. As in the way Goldie would deliver it. You KNEW he could Jackhammer absolutely anyone, kind of like Brock with the F-5.

Wade Barrett... Personally, I doubt it. At this stage I don't think lifting the Big Show does anything to promote his size. Barret had a hard enough time doing his move as it was to him, let alone suplexing him with any sort of credibility. I think he is too clean cut personally to add a twist to the JackHammer. It's a shame really.

I kind of like the fact that they 'retire' moves. The super kick was a favorite of Shelton Benjamin's and could really sit well with John Morrison. Really though, who could you see in the business doing a Stunner, or a Pedigree tomorrow? ...certainly not ******** Inferno, or Stevie Ray...

I wish the WWE would find a way to get back to the not so flashy moves of the days of old. I used to really enjoy wrestling when piledrivers and DDT's were HUGE. But this is coming from a guy who is a huge fan of the guys like Benoit, Hart, Jericho, and so on.

I like the idea of giving Wade Barrett the F-5, but instead of replacing Wasteland completely...he should use both. With both moves starting from a Fireman's Carry postition I think it would be cool if the victim didn't "know" which one he'd be hit with.

If you use this in a feud with lets say a good technical wrestler (Jericho, Danielson, Punk) it takes away the possibility of a reversal if he dosn't know what finisher he'll recieve.

Seperately, I know the Crippler Crossface is no more. The timing and "anywhere-ness" of the Lebell Lock is the closest to it. But I remember Lance Storm in WCW used the Single-Leg Boston Crab and he pulled many variations out of his ass to land it...ala the crossface. I'd like someone to start using that move. I'm thinking Cody Rhodes as his new character is a bit more cerebral...maybe.

Husky Harris' new character, Axel Mulligan, uses a stone cold stunner for a finisher.

He won't if he makes it to the main roster. Or he will have to severely modify it.

I cannot see WWE allowing a rookie to use the finishing move made famous by one of its biggest stars, especially one who returns to the company for surprise appearances regularly. You would not see someone coming up to the main roster and nailing people with a Pedigree or a People's Elbow, so Mulligan will have to have a really modifed version of a stunner, or come up with something new...if he gets promoted to the main roster at some point.

The Fisherman Suplex- To the best of my knowledge, this is the move made famous by "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig. There may have been others to use it before him, but they're a bit before my time. The only man I recall using this move as a finisher in recent years was Val Venis, and that itself is a vague memory. It's an effective move that I could definitely see some of the guys today who don't really have a finisher to speak pulling out.

Beer Moneys' Robert Roode uses the fisherman suplex as his finisher unless thats changed recently. and I'm pretty sure Ziggler uses the Fameasser.

The HellavatorI would like to see Matt Morgan start using The Hellavator again, it is inovative and looks good plus WWE has ripped off the carbon foot print. Chuck Palumbo had a pretty cool finisher during his breif and final run as a biker, i think it was called full throttle, that would be one that could be recycled without most of the audience even realizing it

I think that the F-5 should be re-used as a finisher to show the power of someone and they could modify it so that the person goes flying through the air or use the Emerald Fusion, but I doubt WWE would allow anyone to use it as it drops the recipient onto their head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back