Unified Tag Team Champions - 2 Belts

Azamuth

Occasional Pre-Show
Ok, I remember the unified heavyweight belt was a SINGLE belt but I continue to see Carlito and Primo carry around two belts each as unified champions. Does anyone know if they are going to make a single belt or if this unification is just until they get defeated or possibly split up from the brand draft?

no one can read vince's mind...

i hop the tag belt stay as one so superstar can fight inbetween brand

and by getting triple crown will be harder

I'd think if it were Miz and Morrison, two sets of belts would make them look like real dominant champions, especially combined with the Slammys, with Primo and Carlito it doesn't strike me as something with longevity to have 2 sets of belts, we know they'll be a team for pretty much the rest of their time in WWE and only defending 1 set of belts seems like cowardice to the average fan, if the titles change hands then I can see them keeping with 2 sets and parading around with them for a while, if they stay on the Colons, then theres no reason not to just get 1 newly designed belt.

It's important to note, I feel, that we don't know if these unified titles are permanent. The colon's could lose 1 or even both sets of titles at different times. So I don't really know if it's gonna be made into 1 or not.

It could be an Undisputed Champion type deal. Two titles for the guy or guys who you don't really care about. One/two brand new titles for your next important title holder. Just like Triple H having a shiny new belt after WrestleMania X8.

With Legacy getting a win and some momentum over the Colons on Smackdown, possible people to consider as next to hold the belts? I mean they would be considered important with the Backlash Main Event.

But they needed the Colons to win really, but I do see new belts coming

Well, the unification rule can have three effects...
1. The lesser championship would be dropped: We can have Primo and Carlito hold on to the top tag title and lose the other one. This would lead to lesser title to be taken off TV. This would be dumb.
2. A brand new championship would be created: Carlito and Primo can continue to defend both sets of titles, until they lose it. The team that wins the titles could debut a brand new Tag Team Championship. I could see this happening.
3. Both championships retain their identity and may be defended and lost individually: Carlito and Primo would just keep both sets of titles and defend one or both at once. This could also happen, but how long can we see tag teams continue to hold two sets of championships?

I don't know what will happen, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, the unification rule can have three effects...
1. The lesser championship would be dropped: We can have Primo and Carlito hold on to the top tag title and lose the other one. This would lead to lesser title to be taken off TV. This would be dumb.
2. A brand new championship would be created: Carlito and Primo can continue to defend both sets of titles, until they lose it. The team that wins the titles could debut a brand new Tag Team Championship. I could see this happening.
3. Both championships retain their identity and may be defended and lost individually: Carlito and Primo would just keep both sets of titles and defend one or both at once. This could also happen, but how long can we see tag teams continue to hold two sets of championships?

I don't know what will happen, but we'll just have to wait and see.
what happen if the colons get split up in the draft. i could see Carlito and Primo taking one set of belt with each other & choosing there partners.

I'm hoping the separate unified (?) titles is just a temporary thing maybe done out of laziness. Obviously the WWE could give less than two shits about the tag-team division anyway.

If not, then they are probably planning to split the belts up tomorrow night. Since I doubt they'd split up the Colons, that would entail having them drop the titles to two people who are then split by the draft and each takes a set of belt with them to find another partner...which sounds absolutely ******ed. I'm going to go out on a limb and say WWE is at least smart enough to keep the titles together considering how weak the divisions are and how little effort creative wants to put forth into freshening it up, and eventually the Colons will have unified unified titles.

Personally, I don't really give a shit if they have one belt or two each. I'm just glad that the Colons unified the belts for two reasons:

1.) Carlito and Primo have been a solid tag team since Primo got brought up to the big time and paired up with his brother. I think they are great performers and I commend WWE for pushing them as champions. This could I daresay start some momentum for the tag division if and only if they get into a program with another solid tag team. I would like to see an angle play out between the Colons and Legacy but I can't see this happening without Legacy getting the titles, and I don't think they're quite over enough for that just yet.

that being said...

2.) HOPEFULLY, and I say that as emphatically as possible. HOPEFULLY taking the titles off Miz and Morrison means that they are planning to split them up and let Morrison take his well deserved place as a mid-card singles wrestler bound for the main event. While Miz.....well, let him dwindle back down to ECW and ultimately get released when they have nothing better for him to do. Bluntly put, I am hoping for Morrison to get drafted to RAW to feud over the IC title, or at least an opportunity at it. (Kofi vs Morrison anyone? Winner gets a shot at Rey.)

It was only a matter of time until they'd do this. There have been single belt unifications before, so they were gonna do tag team unification eventually. Personally, I think it's only a temporary thing until the draft, but you can't be sure with the WWE. You watch, eventually they'll probably do a unification with the women's and diva's titles too, because WWE is like that...

Well, remember when the WWF/E Undisputed title came into existance to unify the WWF title and the World (WCW) Title? Jericho was the first champion and he always had both belts. It was only when Triple H won it that the belts were dropped and they brought out that nice new shiny WWE Undisputed title (that didnt have the word 'undisputed' on it, but shit happens). So if the unification is a permanent thing, then dont panic about the two belts for now; it will be resolved!!!

. . . .

. . . .

. . . .

. . . . hopefully.

This is WWE after all.

actually i think what may happen is once the new superstars show debuts they will drop the wwe tag team titles to be the tag title on that show and have the world tag team titles as the titles for raw smackdown and ecw. and hopefully they make a tv champion for the superstars show.

To me, two sets of belts look impressive. Look that the Triple Crown winner. Three belts. Jericho looked alright with two separate belts. I think they'll eventually go to a single Tag Title belt, but then again, I bet Vince isn't even thinking about the Tag belts. He might not even be aware of TWO separate Tag Titles. Seriously.

I doubt they'd have a unification match last week and then split them up this week. That would be asinine. My guess is the tag titles are the test to see how people feel about unified titles as this brand extension(hopefully) comes to a close.

Have you noticed how silly Carlito and Primo look with all those belts. Shouldnt they have just one pair of belts. Share thoughts

haha kind of funny you brought this up....tonight I said the same exact thing to my roommates...
what is the point of "unifying" the titles...wouldn't that mean putting them together and having 1 belt?

I agree that its silly and just looks comical having them carry all the belts

I thought that same thing tonight but the sad reality probably is this... creative doesn't know what the fudge to do with them. First off, calling them "unified tag team champions" sounds about as good as calling someone "the smartest ****** in the room." They look like asses with 2 belts around them or strapped to their neck or whatever.

But shouldn't it be obvious for now there isn't even half of a plan in the works for them between the countless number of creative members? For crying out loud last week they faced Chavo and Jamie Noble and tonight Carlito beat the piss out of The Brian Kendrick. There's zero flow to it at all. I wouldn't be surprised next week if they bring back Too Cool for a title shot and actually try to make us believe it. The week after will be the team of Bastian Booger and Mantaur. Other than Priceless, is there even another tag team on Raw? Raw has been so awful the last few weeks that I actually can't even rermember what happened tonight. Nor do I really want to. But anyway... there's clearly no plans for them right now. I don't mean that in a degrading way... but it's just kinda obvious creative has nothing for Carlito and his elf cousin. Which amazes me because nobody could write Carlito anything less than 2 years ago, he threatened to leave the company, but Vince convinved him to stay. Now he's got some belts and baggy pants and will still never have anything interesting written for him or his elf cousin.

wwe4r.jpg

How stupid do they look? Answer: REALLY Stupid! It should be the undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship and just use the World Tag Team Title belt. First of all, I hate them as a tag team, let alone having them be the ones to mark in the history books the day the titles unified. I do agree with the unification though, as WWE's tag team roster is lacking. But they really need to wear ONE and ONLY ONE Championship Belt. Carlito and Primo haven't even been in a program since Miz and Morrison, and hell... Maybe even since they debuted they never had a program (besides Miz and Morrison at WM).

I think they should have a 20-30 person battle royale with the first 4 wrestlers to pin another wrestler each get a belt. Do it with first pin WWE, second World, 3rd WWE, 4th World. So that it is completely Random the 2 tag teams that could come together. I think that would make for some interesting matchups. Also I think they should expand it that the tag titles can be defended as a team or individually, meaning, if Carlito and Primo are tag champions and say, The Brian Kendrick, challenged Carlito for his belt and won, the new Tag Team Champions would be Primo and The Brian Kendrick. It would definitely put an interesting spin on things.

The plans for the unified tag titles have already occured. 1- Make us think the belts and the division will actually mean something now. Wrong. 2- Break up The Miz and Morrsion. that's it. Going back to the two sets of belts it does look funny, but remember when they first had an undisputed world champion Jericho carried two belts.

I think they should have a 20-30 person battle royale with the first 4 wrestlers to pin another wrestler each get a belt. Do it with first pin WWE, second World, 3rd WWE, 4th World. So that it is completely Random the 2 tag teams that could come together. I think that would make for some interesting matchups. Also I think they should expand it that the tag titles can be defended as a team or individually, meaning, if Carlito and Primo are tag champions and say, The Brian Kendrick, challenged Carlito for his belt and won, the new Tag Team Champions would be Primo and The Brian Kendrick. It would definitely put an interesting spin on things.

That is actually not a half bad idea. I think it opens the door to some newer and better tag teams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back